(Topic ID: 23962)

Next Stern?

By denmark71

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo.PNG
    00360955-477685_catl_100.jpg
    bb_pin.jpg
    ALL_Right.gif
    There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 11 years ago

I know its early, and a lot of people seem to be speculating that the next Stern game will be Avengers. Since stern already made an Ironman pin, could it be possible that they make another avenger hero pin? A dedicated Thor game, or Captain America? Maybe they make LE editions of each character like they did with Xmen and a combo for the pro version? Maybe they have something completely different for their next game? Almost seems like super hero overload if they do two back to back.

#2 11 years ago

Mortal Kombat

#3 11 years ago

One could only wish........

#4 11 years ago

BBH2.

#5 11 years ago

One could only not wish....

#6 11 years ago

I still have high hopes for Futurama being made.

#7 11 years ago

I thought it was Avengers.

#8 11 years ago

I hope avengers, but saw the movie trailer for resident evil being released at the movies in the next few weeks.......???

#9 11 years ago

Avengers. KISS. Star Trek.

LTG

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

LTG

I think all these 3 will be made.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

LTG

Hopefully it is Avengers, Star Trek and then KISS. I would hate to see an SR title wasted on KISS. Then again, it would save me a bunch of money. I would certainly by a Star Trek if Steve designed it.

John

#12 11 years ago

Braaaaaaainsssss!!!!!!! Resident Evil. Accept no substitutes. Actually, I hope it isn't RE. I don't Gomez dropping an egg on it. RE needs to be a Borg.

#13 11 years ago

Iron Man and Friends.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

I thought it was Avengers.

Sounds like those who are normally in the know don't really know for sure. I hope it isn't. Would be super hero over load. That said, I'd rather avengers than some crap like the Price is Right.

#15 11 years ago

I'm thinking the next one is Zombie themed. It will be Fall. There have been a couple references of "zombie" stuff on FB. I can't see back to back super hero pins.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

I'm thinking the next one is Zombie themed. It will be Fall. There have been a couple references of "zombie" stuff on FB. I can't see back to back super hero pins.

Man, my dream theme (well, I'd prefer Return of the Living Dead) but least favorite pin designer. Will be a tough call. I think Gomez is going to go all out on this next pin and try to get some of his image back. Let's hope it is 3 flippers. That will make him be more creative. Zombie theme would be awesome.

#17 11 years ago

I dunno if it's for sure Gomez...........is it?

#18 11 years ago

I heard Gary is buying the Scooby Doo license from Jersey Jack.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

I dunno if it's for sure Gomez...........is it?

Well, I think that is speculation as well since nothing has been announced, but it is his turn in the rotation. Everyone assumes it is going to be another Gomez fan layout game.

#20 11 years ago

Gomez, Borg, SR. Avengers, KISS, Star Trek.

SR negotiated his freedom to do AC/DC and have a year to fine tune, before going to machine #2, when he came back to Stern. Borg had been working on Led Zeppelin, which fell apart b/c of the licensing delays, thus it was easy to change the theme to KISS and jump SR in the order.

....or so I have been told by a distro in the know.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

SR negotiated his freedom to do AC/DC and have a year to fine tune, before going to machine #2, when he came back to Stern. Borg had been working on Led Zeppelin, which fell apart b/c of the licensing delays, thus it was easy to change the theme to KISS and jump SR in the order.

Boy do I hope you are right. This would give me plenty of time to save up some cash for Star Trek. Plus I have some friends who love KISS. Even though that game would not be for me, I would love to see it made for their sake.

John

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Boy do I hope you are right. This would give me plenty of time to save up some cash for Star Trek.

Same here, I will pass on Avengers and Kiss but, I'm all over a SR Star Trek.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I will pass on Avengers and Kiss but, I'm all over a SR Star Trek.

STTNG is the perfect Star Trek pin and there is NO WAY Steve will top one of his best works.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

I sure hope you are wrong about that line up Gambit unless the Star Trek has multiple shows and movies featured and isn't just the new ones. DS9 and Voyager would be cool pins in my personal view.

What about the Resident Evil talk? Just smoke and mirrors?

#25 11 years ago

Hot Wheels...

#26 11 years ago

might be interesting....
    always thought matchbox look more realistic

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Hope its KISS and Star Trek now that would be nice.

#28 11 years ago

Star Trek...I'm in! Kiss and Avengers...I hope not. I'm also Super-Hero'd out...

#29 11 years ago

I despise Kiss. So even though theme isn't everything, I'm out on that one. Avengers and sttng I may be in. Depends on playfield layouts.

#30 11 years ago

Whatever it will be, it will be the "best Stern ever, sight unseen...count on it"...amirite?

Seriously though. Aside from the three coming down the pipe, Futurama would be an awesome theme...both to play as a player and to design as a designer.

#31 11 years ago

I'm all in on Avengers LE just like I was on Xmen LE even without any pictures or solid info. It's all about theme for me; I have absolutely ZERO interest in KISS and Star Trek. But that's fine...it gives me time to search for super nice examples of a few B/W pins I've been missing...

#32 11 years ago

I am all in on Avengers LE also ne nice to have Spidey, Xmen le and Avengers le all lined up!

Next games I think are on target for Avengers, Kiss and Star Trek also.

#33 11 years ago

Either way...someone is gonna be happy and someone is gonna have more time to save up for the next machine.

ALL_Right.gifALL_Right.gif

#34 11 years ago

The Hadron Collider

#35 11 years ago

Bit funny to me all the hate on alleged 'hype' causing grown men to spend thousands on a pin. Not sure it happens as often as some are trying to make it seem. If some love a recent release they shouldnt be accused of hyping or having an alterior motive. Nothing wrong with loving a pin that you just added. More often then not this statement is made by some that may not like a new release or just didn't get one for other reasons.

Rant over. Next release will most likely be Avengers after that it's anyone's guess. Either way, I hope that Stern starts to assure customers of all models released that the code will be finished sooner rather then later.

#36 11 years ago

I would be in for a Beavis and Butt-Head Pin.

#37 11 years ago

Please, PLEASE, let it be the Smurfs......

#38 11 years ago

Now thats a great idea.

#39 11 years ago

Sponge Bob!

#40 11 years ago

Avengers, KISS, Star Trek, will Stern please make a game with a theme I don't care about, lol? Seriously, I could use a break from being tempted for a while. They always used to have at least one crappy theme and sometimes more per year, now instead of 24, CSI, WOF, BBH, NBA they have AC/DC, X-Men, Avengers, KISS, and Star Trek. It's like they fixed a large portion of their problems just by not buying stupid licenses.

#41 11 years ago

Already been done.

LTG

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

The Hadron Collider

Lol something like Getaway then??

#43 11 years ago

Really? More rock bands and superheros? I guess they have got to go with what's working for them. I think my money is safe for now.

#44 11 years ago

If they come out with a Greek mythology pin or ghost rider; I will be in trouble financially lol

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Lol something like Getaway then??

yeh but with more big bang for your buck!

#46 11 years ago

Sigh....... won't ever happen, but I would love to have one

#47 11 years ago

You heard it here first. A little birdy landed on my shoulder and told me that the next pin will be.....
    Blizzard of Oz. Seeing a chance to capitalize on the delay of JJP's creation. Ozzy Rules!!!

I hope its Star Trek but not holding my breath

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Please, PLEASE, let it be the Smurfs......

Please don't give JJP any ideas...I want in on his next pin but am terrified he's going to do something like this...back to back family themes from JJP would be disappointing.

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from sylvan_glade:

You heard it here first. A little birdy landed on my shoulder and told me that the next pin will be.....
    Blizzard of Oz. Seeing a chance to capitalize on the delay of JJP's creation. Ozzy Rules!!!
    I hope its Star Trek but not holding my breath

That is hilarious!!!

#50 11 years ago

I will go back to a Breaking Bad theme then, a Walter White head in a pin would be saweeeet!

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.