Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Zablon
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210624-130357_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    91LNJcSDcCL._SX342_ (resized).jpg
    ED0A997E-B428-42FD-A76A-868B962F71BE (resized).jpeg
    KAIJUMAX_V1_HC_-_4x6_SOLICIT_WEB (resized).jpg
    3760175510328_p0_v1_s550x406 (resized).jpg
    89D0DCF8-8E37-4B57-960A-60E175655243 (resized).png

#1 4 years ago

Is this it...unlicensed and perfect for Spooky...plus an incredible artist!

89D0DCF8-8E37-4B57-960A-60E175655243 (resized).png89D0DCF8-8E37-4B57-960A-60E175655243 (resized).png
    #2 4 years ago

Man, I sure hope so!

#4 4 years ago

Well you spiked my curiosity. I would like to see something come from this.
    -Mike

#5 4 years ago

That looks amazing!!!

Unlicensed? That's Gogira/Godzilla stuff.

#6 4 years ago

Winter release ? Or Scott's game is next...

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from hassanchop:

That looks amazing!!!

You’re right...I may have burst my own bubble on this. I was assuming that these were not owned by Toho, but I think I’m wrong...if this train of thought is incorrect, then party on! It would be a great spooky theme!

#8 4 years ago

I don't believe Toho owns Gamera.

#9 4 years ago

It wouldn't be hard for them to make a non-licensed kaiju themed machine. Spooky could do some cool stuff with the art for sure, esp if they used the Jeff Zornow that did ACNC. You can take the basic Godzilla design, tweak it a bit, call it something else, but people would still be able to recognize it as "Godzilla."

3760175510328_p0_v1_s550x406 (resized).jpg3760175510328_p0_v1_s550x406 (resized).jpg
    #10 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

It wouldn't be hard for them to make a non-licensed kaiju themed machine. Spooky could do some cool stuff with the art for sure, esp if they used the Jeff Zornow that did ACNC. You can take the basic Godzilla design, tweak it a bit, call it something else, but people would still be able to recognize it as "Godzilla."[quoted image]

Ok, I’m stoked again! Come on Spooky!!

#11 4 years ago

There is a comic book called Kaijumax that would make an interesting table. Picture a prison movie with giant monsters. Well worth a read.

KAIJUMAX_V1_HC_-_4x6_SOLICIT_WEB (resized).jpgKAIJUMAX_V1_HC_-_4x6_SOLICIT_WEB (resized).jpg
    #12 4 years ago

If true this would be right up my alley.

My wife and I were playing Alice Cooper the other night and casually discussing how much we love Spooky as a company.
    Regardless we’re eagerly awaiting their next release.

#13 4 years ago

Spooky seems to be elevating its game with each release. If the trend continues, I think the next release may be something special.

#14 4 years ago

Gamera is now owned by Toho, but would be a different license than Godzilla and would be a perfect license.

#15 4 years ago

But will it have a manual and schematics?

#16 4 years ago

The channel Creature Double Feature was on when I was growing up didn’t come in very well. Rabbit ears and all. It was my favorite show as a small person. Some will have no clue what I’m talking about............

#17 4 years ago

Dr. Paul Bearer hosted the Tampa area Creature Feature! Loved that on the weekends! UHF channels rocked!

Quoted from Extraballz:

The channel Creature Double Feature was on when I was growing up didn’t come in very well. Rabbit ears and all. It was my favorite show as a small person. Some will have no clue what I’m talking about............

ED0A997E-B428-42FD-A76A-868B962F71BE (resized).jpegED0A997E-B428-42FD-A76A-868B962F71BE (resized).jpeg
    #18 4 years ago
    Quoted from dnapac:

I was assuming that these were not owned by Toho, but I think I’m wrong

You are wrong. All of those characters are owned by Toho.

I really like the baby Godzilla

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I'm loving that artwork!

Agreed. That art is freakin fantastic......

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from hassanchop:

That looks amazing!!!

Godzilla, Godzuki, Ghidora, Rodan, Mothra (larva), Gamera (Which I didn't know Toho had the rights to now...hmm). The others, I don't recognize, but... psh who cares. If that wasn't already enough... /facepalm

#21 4 years ago

I thought it was this.

91LNJcSDcCL._SX342_ (resized).jpg91LNJcSDcCL._SX342_ (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #22 4 years ago

Any rumors out there?

#23 4 years ago

Taxi 2 aka Uber

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I thought it was this.[quoted image]

That’s what I‘d call a perfect theme for a pinball game generally and for Spooky as a pinball manufacturer specifically.

Would buy unseen in a heartbeat.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I thought it was this.[quoted image]

That would be like a much better version of RAZA.

1 week later
    #26 4 years ago

Rick and Morty pinball.......

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

Rick and Morty pinball.......

I’m just not interested from a theme standpoint. At 45, I think I miss their target audience.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I’m just not interested from a theme standpoint.

At 45, I think I miss their target audience.

I'm also 45, and I LOVE Rick and Morty. You should give it a chance. Super smart, funny show.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

I'm also 45, and I LOVE Rick and Morty. You should give it a chance. Super smart, funny show.

You are probably right and that’s totally fair. I’m just not familiar with the theme at all. I’ll give it a shot!

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I’m just not interested from a theme standpoint. At 45, I think I miss their target audience.

Well I'm 58 and I can't wait!

#32 4 years ago

And awayyyy we go!

#33 4 years ago

Will 750 units be enough?
    I would think there would be a lot more demand for them.

#34 4 years ago

Spooky has determined 750 is what Spooky can manufacture and support. Charlie knows what he is doing.

Quoted from Daditude:

Will 750 units be enough?
    I would think there would be a lot more demand for them.

#35 4 years ago

Will this be the next Tron LE?

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Will this be the next Tron LE?

As long as it's not the next RZ

#37 4 years ago

Dream theme: check! I'm thrilled that Scott and Spooky are doing it, and that Justin is involved. I wonder if Dan will make a cameo?
    #shutupandtakemymoney

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

You are probably right and that’s totally fair. I’m just not familiar with the theme at all. I’ll give it a shot!

Start watching for the Back To The Future memberberries. Stick around when you realise the jokes are exceptionally smart. Get hooked watching the creators' life crises play out through their characters. Become a raving fanboy when you hear that Spooky are making the pin!!

1 year later
    #39 2 years ago

Not sure if this photo is posted elsewhere on Pinside, but Spooky put out an under pf pic of the next game on their Facebook page.

Screenshot_20210624-130357_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210624-130357_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    #40 2 years ago

I heard the next pin from Spooky will be another rock band pin, featuring the music of The Classics IV.

(Feel free to upvote this post if you "get" it.)

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

The Classics IV

What is the classics IV?

Aren't Alice cooper and R Zombie rockband pins

I guess I didn't get.

#42 2 years ago

I think Spooky's next game will be Rick and Morty! Can't wait!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-spooky?hl=mackey256 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.