image-835.jpg
image-788.jpg
image-160.jpg
image-226.jpg
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG
There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I can't imagine the LCD, computer hardware, and software development being cost effective enough to justify having them in their machines several years from now.

Wow. I should still being using Windows 95 too! I'm sure software developers would love to be building code on Windows 95 systems with a 500mhz CPU and 128mb of RAM versus current PC tech.

Maybe the newer tech assists JJP with cranking out code updates for WOZ whereas Stern's SAM system isn't as intuitive.

I'm getting rid of my HDTV too and buying an old 27" console CRT with wood accents.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow. I should still being using Windows 95 too! I'm sure software developers would love to be building code on Windows 95 systems with a 500mhz CPU and 128mb of RAM versus current PC tech.
Maybe the newer tech assists JJP with cranking out code updates for WOZ whereas the older SAM system see's code updates once every 6+ months in many cases...
I'm getting rid of my HDTV too and buying an old 27" console CRT with wood accents.

So basically, instead of disagreeing with me and maybe trying for a rational discussion, you attack me like an immature brat.

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I read all Trekkies stuff in this thread, which hijacked it btw . Erroneous Posts & HAD to respond. Not trolling or a flame post - but errors can't be left unanswered...so I wanted to squash that rabbit trail and get back to the Jjp cool open house comments and pics

You think it just going to end here huh?

Great and I was loving how this thread was going. You could have just ignored him like the rest of us

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

damn it why did I perfect hitting those targets on purpose if they are just plain luck!

Explain to me how you hit those targets with a direct shot off the flippers.

Why is it that WOZ lovers are incapable of having a rational discussion like adults?

Instead, I get immature brat responses.

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

You think it just going to end here huh?

Great and I was loving how this thread was going. You could have just ignored him like the rest of us

Oh and I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with either one of you. I just think it's dumb to bring this kind of discussion here. I also think it's naive of you to think that trying to correct Trekkie's "opinion" is going to stop here.

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I read all Trekkies stuff in this thread, which hijacked it btw . Erroneous Posts & HAD to respond. Not trolling or a flame post - but errors can't be left unanswered...so I wanted to squash that rabbit trail and get back to the Jjp cool open house comments and pics
Trekkie said "Profitability is the biggest driving force in business.
Remember, he has an investor now who may force them to change their design to increase profits.
Once the business grows, the direct sales to customers will be dropped and they will be dealing exclusively with selling them at wholesale prices.
I can't imagine cost effective -in their machines several years from now.
They need $5,000 machines. collector only won't be able to cut it from a sales standpoint.
Don't forget, Stern was on the verge on bankruptcy several years ago. Their infrastructure has been intact for years,
Trekkie, you must be new to the pinball scene, Jjp strategy, and Gary sterns strategy. Jack is a business guy, operator, collector and player - you see all those at the factory or in talking to jack. The production output - as discussed everywhere, isn't a function of assemblers or the line length , it's parts quallity and timing - that's the stuff Jjp is learning, and many major issues like which suppliers are reliable timing and quality, adjustments to the mix are likely fewer and the end result is faster, better game assembly.
Will we see $5000 games ? Not likely. Demand seems to fill the factory capacities at all companies, not only Jjp and stern, but up the supply chain too - and at small boutiques producing small run quantities.
Demand is way up for $7-10k games, mm remake, woz, hobbit, Iron Man remake, big labowski, Spooky pinball games - that's where profit viability pushes dreams into real game design & production resulting in real products.
Jjp is a real distributor through Jack's pinballsales.com ???
So a lot of what you said in three posts on this thread don't add up.
Perhaps you haven't been following he market the last few years, and I see your low karma and post count, so your have not been on the scene long or talked with Gary and Jack about the business, but I see you have strong opinions and wrong assumptions .
Rant off.
Despite my attempt to school you, please take it as another opinion and positive criticism. Glad you've joined the fray. My advice is take more time to before you post or readership will dismiss as noise.
Post edited by dgarrett: Corrected typos and reordered thing

At the end of the day, Jack needs to be profitable. Businesses that lose money, don't hang around.

Secondly, the collector market is a limited market and one that is hard to judge. I'm sure if Gary could do it over again, he would've produced a lot more Tron LE and a lot less Transformers LE.

Thirdly, jack has an investor. Like all investors, they want to see a return on their investment. No one invests with the idea of losing money. If that were the case, Jeff Vanderbeek would still be the owner of the Devils.

I know jack has a distributing company, my brother bought a pinball machine from him years ago. But the matter of the fact, is stern doesn't do direct sales to customers. If jack grows big enough, the distributors will demand that jack doesn't compete with them.

Fifth, looking at eBay, it looks like distributors may be having a hard time selling WOZ. Last I checked, 12 were up there for sale. Seems like an awful lot when compared to other new releases.

Maybe a lot of what I said does add up.

I'm not a fan of WOZ or pinball machines that play like WOZ. That doesn't mean I don't want jack to be successful. He's in my backyard, he's a local guy, I'm rooting for him. Looking at the hobbit play field yesterday, to me, looks like a big improvement over WOZ...but until I play it, it is nothing but speculation.

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Fifth, looking at eBay, it looks like distributors may be having a hard time selling WOZ. Last I checked, 12 were up there for sale. Seems like an awful lot when compared to other new releases.
Maybe a lot of what I said does add up.

Some people have been selling their pre-orders because they either had something else they wanted/needed to spend the money on, or they have been waiting a while for their machine and got tired of waiting.

On the other hand, I saw 4 WOZ boxes being loaded into vehicles in the parking lot during the course of the day at the open house. I'm sure there were a few more that left the building that I didn't see.

There is interest and they are selling.

The floor manager mentioned that they are now producing about 50 games per week, and hope to get up to about 75 per week as they continually refine the assembly process.

Obviously, if there was little interest, they would be winding down the production process instead of ramping it up.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Explain to me how you hit those targets with a direct shot off the flippers.
Why is it that WOZ lovers are incapable of having a rational discussion like adults?
Instead, I get immature brat responses.

Because you state it like fact (child) when clearly you have your head up your arse. I am no fan boy! I will concede to B in "Ball" other wise you are dead wrong the two stand ups are easily hit by the upper right flipper and timing, and the R and A in rainbow with the bottom left. Can be done when aimed at almost every time (some times my Scotch makes it look like they are in the wrong location and I miss by a mile)

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Because you state it like fact (child) when clearly you have your head up your arse. I am no fan boy! I will concede to B in "Ball" other wise you are dead wrong the two stand ups are easily hit by the upper right flipper and timing, and the R and A in rainbow with the bottom left. Can be done when aimed at almost every time (some times my Scotch makes it look like they are in the wrong location and I miss by a mile)

So you say I was wrong just to agree that I was right?????

The upper right flipper can't hit those 2 targets. The pop bumpers are directly in the way.

You must a great pinball player, because I can't hit the R - A in rainbow. The I keeps getting in my way.

I'm still not quite sure why I'm getting attacked, I want jack to succeed. Even if I never buy any of his games (which I hope is not the case), having a 2nd player in the market will greatly benefit the industry.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The upper right flipper can't hit those 2 targets. The pop bumpers are directly in the way.
You must a great pinball player, because I can't hit the R - A in rainbow. The I keeps getting in my way.
I'm still not quite sure why I'm getting attacked, I want jack to succeed. Even if I never buy any of his games (which I hope is not the case), having a 2nd player in the market will greatly benefit the industry.

I think some are curious why you created your account (the Trekkie1978 account) 5 days ago only to post about JJP and primarily about the open house event. You can see why that would seem odd, can't you?

#111 9 years ago

I guess you aren't very good then? You can sit on every jjp thread and tell everyone how much you dislike it, the question has to be.....Why? Then follow up with why are we all children?

#112 9 years ago

At least the "dirty dozen" (you know who you are) , are funny and contribute to the community 10 fold.....you what is it your here for? we all get it you don't like the game, move along

#113 9 years ago

So, how was the show?

#114 9 years ago

Looked good, but I didn't see any cheese pump from the pictures. There was a parrot, but still.. no cheese pump?

#115 9 years ago

If this turns into a multiday event, I'll plan on flying out next year. Thought about coming this year, but it didn't make sense for a day.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

R and A aren't too hard if you bank off the witch with the right flipper

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

So, how was the show?

Not bad. It was interesting. The floor manager was giving informal tours and answering questions about the assembly and production process.

Jack was roaming the floor talking to everyone. Jen and a few other JJP staff were manning tables selling some WOZ playfield toys, toppers, translites, backbox side panel art, WOZ playfields, t-shirts, and Mirco reproduction playfields. There was also someone else set up next to that selling a small selection of used parts and translites, but I can't recall the name that was on the banner.

There was a WOZ tournament with 5 or 6 machines (for tournament use only). There were 2 additional machines on the factory floor on free-play. Next to them, a bunch of stern machines were slowly wheeled in a set up on free play (IM, Metallica, ACDC, Mustang), and a Space Jam and a Rollergames for sale. There was also an area with a bunch of various arcade games set up for free play (a multi-arcade, a spider-man, a jurassic park shooting game, a few other shooting games, a pool game with a cue ball and sticks, and a few others).

There were also some door prizes, which ended up being a few of the WOZ items that were already being sold.

Outside there were a few folks set up for the swap meet selling mostly EM games, and couple of solid state machines, and a few boxes of parts. There wasn't a whole lot there.

I took a boatload of photos that I'll be going through, organizing, and posting at some point--mostly of the assembly/production area since that interested me the most.

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Not bad. It was interesting. The floor manager was giving informal tours and answering questions about the assembly and production process.
Jack was roaming the floor talking to everyone. Jen and a few other JJP staff were manning tables selling some WOZ playfield toys, toppers, translites, backbox side panel art, WOZ playfields, t-shirts, and Mirco reproduction playfields. There was also someone else set up next to that selling a small selection of used parts and translites, but I can't recall the name that was on the banner.
There was a WOZ tournament with 5 or 6 machines (for tournament use only). There were 2 additional machines on the factory floor on free-play. Next to them, a bunch of stern machines were slowly wheeled in a set up on free play (IM, Metallica, ACDC, Mustang), and a Space Jam and a Rollergames for sale. There was also an area with a bunch of various arcade games set up for free play (a multi-arcade, a Spider-Man, a Jurassic Park shooting game, a few other shooting games, a pool game with a cue ball and sticks, and a few others).
There were also some door prizes, which ended up being a few of the WOZ items that were already being sold.
Outside there were a few folks set up for the swap meet selling mostly EM games, and couple of solid state machines, and a few boxes of parts. There wasn't a whole lot there.
I took a boatload of photos that I'll be going through, organizing, and posting at some point--mostly of the assembly/production area since that interested me the most.

I know, I was there. Just thought it might stop the fighting.

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

So basically, instead of disagreeing with me and maybe trying for a rational discussion, you attack me like an immature brat.

Did you create an account just to attack people? And what happened to James T. Kirk? Why is it when one of you is on, the other one isn't?

#120 9 years ago

Nobody mentioned the Mata Hari that was there and played really well. Although I thought it was a bit steep at $950, but it was a lot of fun! The IM was slippery-fast, much faster than the routed examples I've gotten used to. This could be a solid (if smallish) gaming show with better advertising/promotion in the future. But it was nice to see some pins and a lot of video games set up for playing, and some trucks in the parking lot with games and random parts for sale. I bet the next (holiday?) open house will be more interesting with more Hobbit info!

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Did you create an account just to attack people? And what happened to James T. Kirk? Why is it when one of you is on, the other one isn't?

Show me one post where I just came right out and attacked people for no reason.

I would like to see that post.

I, on the other hand, can supply several posts attacking me for stating my opinion on the game.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from lost8ball:

I think some are curious why you created your account (the Trekkie1978 account) 5 days ago only to post about JJP and primarily about the open house event. You can see why that would seem odd, can't you?

1 - just found this website last week.

2 - because I live very close to JJP, I went to the show...which was great.

3 - I went with Trekkie, because 2 of my 3 machines are Star Trek machines...so I figured it would be a natural fit. I wasn't expecting my screen name to bunch up anyone's panties.

4 - no one discusses my favorite machine, transformers.

5 - until the new code is out, there really isn't anything to comment about with the new Star Trek game.

6 - everything that could've been said about the Next Generation game, as already been said.

#123 9 years ago

Any more info about the show?

#124 9 years ago

More Hobbit pics please... I have been in Sturgis all week for the rally so I'm counting on you guys who made it to the open house for pics and details ... Here is a little "get give" the pic is me at the Full Throttle saloon with a couple random babes
image.jpgimage.jpg

#125 9 years ago

Please post the pic from Full Throttle. Puh-Pow!

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

More Hobbit pics please... I have been in Sturgis all week for the rally so I'm counting on you guys who made it to the open house for pics and details ... Here is a little "get give" the pic is me at the Full Throttle saloon with a couple random babes

image.jpg 113 KB

Those throttles do look pretty full ...

#127 9 years ago

I had to leave around noon, who was the special guest?

#128 9 years ago

I was there until 12:30 and even I'm not sure who the special guest was.

#129 9 years ago

Keith Johnson

#130 9 years ago

The rumors/hopes of all that we're waiting for the opening in the parking lot was maybe it would be pat lawlor.
That Mata Hari played nice, both woz games got code updates while we were there and played nice. The only other game was mustang which I really like. Inve was not working yet and they were trying to find the keys to met.
My buddy managed to get a set of tftc stickers from one of the jjp tables.

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

1 - just found this website last week.
2 - because I live very close to JJP, I went to the show...which was great.
3 - I went with Trekkie, because 2 of my 3 machines are Star Trek machines...so I figured it would be a natural fit. I wasn't expecting my screen name to bunch up anyone's panties.
4 - no one discusses my favorite machine, Transformers.
5 - until the new code is out, there really isn't anything to comment about with the new Star Trek game.
6 - everything that could've been said about the Next Generation game, as already been said.

1. For someone who's never been on RGP or Pinside your posts and quoting are done very well and you seem to have a good grasp of Pinside history. You're obviously a quick learner.

3. I hope no one gives you a hard time about your screen name. I think Trekkie1978 is an excellent screen name.

#132 9 years ago

Well, JJP's was awesome!

Jack was very gracious in opening up his home away from home to the pinball community. It was such a treat to be in there and see the inner workings of a pin factory. Jack spent the whole day talking, laughing and hanging out with everyone. He was also kind enough to buy lunch for everyone. Jack is a class act for sure. Thanks for everything Jack. It was an awesome experience that I hope to replicate next year.

Getting a step by step tour of the factory line by Ken was the best! To see everything that is involved in bringing one of these electronic marvels to life is something I won't soon forget. Thanks again Ken for such a great and well informed tour!

Meeting and talking to Keefer was great too. What a super nice and down to Earth guy. Not to mention what a superior pin player. Anyway, he was more than gracious in hanging out, talking, laughing and signing things for people. Truly a great guy. Thanks Keith.

It was also great to meet all the JJP employees who work so hard at what they do. Such a great group of individuals with a sincere passion for pinball. They're truly dedicated to taking pinball to the next level. Thank you for all your kindness and hard work everyone.

A quick note on hobbit...The cabinet looks very nice. The art work and actor images are well done. Worlds better than most movie themed pin cabs for sure. Most of all, the PF is flat out AMAZING! A total work of art. JJP is so smart in listening, hearing, (there is a big difference between the two) and implementing the advice given right here on these boards from some very talented people. That's when you know a person really cares about his customers and what they would like to see in a machine. In a word, the PF is flat out GORGEOUS! The characters faces are crystal clear. The scene images are amazing! So well detailed and laid out on the PF. A total work of art that I know will perfectly capture the essence of the movie. Great job and thumbs up too everyone who contributed to bringing it to life. It's a masterpiece!

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Well, JJP's was awesome!
Jack was very gracious in opening up his home away from home to the pinball community. It was such a treat to be in there and see the inner workings of a pin factory. Jack spent the whole day talking, laughing and hanging out with everyone. He was also kind enough to buy lunch for everyone. Jack is a class act for sure. Thanks for everything Jack. It was an awesome experience that I hope to replicate next year.
Getting a step by step tour of the factory line by Ken was the best! To see everything that is involved in bringing one of these electronic marvels to life is something I won't soon forget. Thanks again Ken for such a great and well informed tour!
Meeting and talking to Keefer was great too. What a super nice and down to Earth guy. Not to mention what a superior pin player. Anyway, he was more than gracious in hanging out, talking, laughing and signing things for people. Truly a great guy. Thanks Keith.
It was also great to meet all the JJP employees who work so hard at what they do. Such a great group of individuals with a sincere passion for pinball. They're truly dedicated to taking pinball to the next level. Thank you for all your kindness and hard work everyone.
A quick note on hobbit...The cabinet looks very nice. The art work and actor images are well done. Worlds better than most movie themed pin cabs for sure. Most of all, the PF is flat out AMAZING! A total work of art. JJP is so smart in listening, hearing, (there is a big difference between the two) and implementing the advice given right here on these boards from some very talented people. That's when you know a person really cares about his customers and what they would like to see in a machine. In a word, the PF is flat out GORGEOUS! The characters faces are crystal clear. The scene images are amazing! So well detailed and laid out on the PF. A total work of art that I know will perfectly capture the essence of the movie. Great job and thumbs up too everyone who contributed to bringing it to life. It's a masterpiece!

I agree 100% with all the above. Well-said. Even took my second tour of the assembly line with Ken (first was at the first open house), just because it's so cool.

Tidbit from Saturday: Keefer mentioned that when the Hobbit comes out, we'll see what a REAL mode-based game is all about! Can't wait....

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I agree 100% with all the above. Well-said. Even took my second tour of the assembly line with Ken (first was at the first open house), just because it's so cool.
Tidbit from Saturday: Keefer mentioned that when the Hobbit comes out, we'll see what a REAL mode-based game is all about! Can't wait....

Yes I was there when he said that also. I remember him saying it a little different than that. Lol. He also said hobbit will not be linear you will be able to chose different ways to approach the game. It will be an adventure I am sure.

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Just you wait Steve

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Yes I was there when he said that also. I remember him saying it a little different than that. Lol. He also said hobbit will not be linear you will be able to chose different ways to approach the game. It will be an adventure I am sure.

I think I was standing with you gabe when that convo happened.

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I think I was standing with you gabe when that convo happened.

Yes I think you were Alex. Great talking to you as always. Never sell yourself short you are a very important part of the jjp team imo.

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

JJP is so smart in listening, hearing, (there is a big difference between the two) and implementing the advice given right here on these boards from some very talented people.

Yeah, agreed, credit where credit is due on that. I spotted a lot of changes just from the photos of the events that appeared to have come out of our thread. I know some people felt like we were being overly negative, but IMHO it led to a positive outcome.

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I was talking to him about this during the tourney finals, just after he beat me in round 1.

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

TY Steve.

BTW, I was the one you jumped in on the tour with. LOL You were with me and Dannunz. I was wearing the tie dye American Eagle T-Shirt.

@Pinchroma...Hey Alex, it was a pleasure meeting and talking with you. You're one talented guy. I'll let you know if I decide to get my WOF hardware painted.

Quoted from dannunz:

Keith's hit plenty of Home Runs before, but I really think He's going to hit a grand slam with the code in this one. When it came to talking about Hobbit, you could see he was ALL business and totally focused/dedicated to raising the bar.

Keith's a straight up genius and he's going to make Hobbit one heck of an exciting game.

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

@Pinchroma...Hey Alex, it was a pleasure meeting and talking with you. You're one talented guy. I'll let you know if I decide to get my WOF hardware painted.

It was great meeting you as well! Let me know if you need anything. Always here to answer questions.

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Yes I think you were Alex. Great talking to you as always. Never sell yourself short you are a very important part of the jjp team imo.

Thanks Gabe! I appreciate the kind words!

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If this turns into a multiday event, I'll plan on flying out next year. Thought about coming this year, but it didn't make sense for a day.

Me and a couple buddies flew to Jersey for JJP's first open house. It was only one day but we had a blast. Jack puts on a great spread and it was a blast checking out the assembly line and everything else. Having Joe Balcer give us a personal tour of the place was icing on the cake.

I wouldn't have to go back again, but it was fun to see at least once.

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

It was great meeting you as well! Let me know if you need anything. Always here to answer questions.

Thanks brothah, I appreciate that and will do.

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Me and a couple buddies flew to Jersey for JJP's first open house. It was only one day but we had a blast. Jack puts on a great spread and it was a blast checking out the assembly line and everything else. Having Joe Balcer give us a personal tour of the place was icing on the cake.
I wouldn't have to go back again, but it was fun to see at least once.

Balcer was there? Crap, would have loved to meet him. I bought my TSPP from JJP back in 2003 when it was just pinballsales.com, the translite was/is signed by JB.

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Balcer was there? Crap, would have loved to meet him. I bought my TSPP from JJP back in 2003 when it was just pinballsales.com, the translite was/is signed by JB.

I'm talking about the first open house a couple of years ago.

#147 9 years ago

This thread finally went the right direction. I like the woz game overall it has a very nice flow, the theme isn't my cup of tea but the gameplay and feel of the game are excellent. I was at the first open house also, those very early games seem so prehistoric when you consider what the game is now.

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

This thread finally went the right direction.

What direction is that? And hey...did you see the long lines at all those Stern games?

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

What direction is that? And hey...did you see the long lines at all those Stern games?

you are one funny guy. Did anyone punch you in the nose when they saw you?

#150 9 years ago

I never made it. I had a nail in my tire and a back door that wouldn't latch. Then there was a car fire on 280 that backed things up when I was trying to get back home. New tire: $360. New door latch: $120. A Saturday that I was looking forward to that got royally F-ed up: PRICELESS.

And for anyone looking to take me out (that'd be YOU, Trekkies!), I'll be at PAPA and most likely in Chicago as well. Live long and prosper.

There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-saturdayjersey-shore-pinball-and-gameroom-show-jersey-jack-pinball-/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.