(Topic ID: 39279)

Next Run of Tron PRO Confirmed Will Come with 2 Translites!!!

By Gexchange

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tron-Pro-translite-2D-ladies.jpg

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago

Too bad I just spent my pin funds for the next couple years on some jet ski's.

#52 11 years ago

I hope they make another 5000 machines and spread the tron love. What an awesome game!

#53 11 years ago

I don't think Stern could do a single thing and not have people critical of it.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Yes this run is more expensive.

Well, all of my anger has instantly gone away. Thanks JJ. Everyone enjoy your new trons!

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from Putmick_J:

Well, all of my anger has instantly gone away. Thanks JJ. Everyone enjoy your new trons!

Happy to help simmer down your anger! =)

#57 11 years ago

I must have the hottie translite!! My secret wish has been fulfilled. JJ, I pm'd you yesterday...please reserve one of these for me sir.

#58 11 years ago

Maybe Stern can repurpose their photoshop guys to work on game code?

#59 11 years ago

I bit the bullet and got the 3d and 2d translights, might have to buy this one too. More power to stern, extra money equals better opportunities for stern. Whizbang and JJP sell translights, cool they are adding an extra for this run to help offset the additional cost, a bundle if you will.

Only reason I would be bummed is if they made the translights ONLY available with the new machine.

#60 11 years ago

If Stern would make the chick translight mirrored I would buy the translight and put it on my LE.

#61 11 years ago

Guys I'm waiting on Stern to let me know Availability dates on the Translite, thats why I havnt replied just want to know when I will have them instock before I sell them.. I hope Monday to know

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

If Stern would make the chick translight mirrored I would buy the translight and put it on my LE.

Yeah curious that they would put Gem on the left and Quorra on the right when they are reversed on the machine side art.

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Guys I'm waiting on Stern to let me know Availability dates on the Translite, thats why I havnt replied just want to know when I will have them instock before I sell them.. I hope Monday to know

I know the answer is almost certainly no, but any chance of Stern doing a run of mirrored translights and selling those individually?

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I know the answer is almost certainly no, but any chance of Stern doing a run of mirrored translights and selling those individually?

I doubt it.. but that would be cool.

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Just ordered one...my first nib in about 6 yrs

Lisa, I got dibs when you sell it!

#66 11 years ago

TAV and Tron updates and my dream Translite. Damn you Stern you keep winning me over!

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Considering mine was drop shipped from them to my house, it wouldn't be hard for them to retain that record. Plus, I registered my game with my address, date of purchase, etc. through their site, so they have that information on file anyways.
Yes, they may not know who MOST of the owners are, because not everyone is wasting their time filling all that stuff out, but they do have access to quite a bit of it, if they *wanted* to try something like that.
I didn't say anything about a free translite. Nowhere on here did I ask for a free translite. I said that I would've paid about 90 for one, not 135, and that IF there was no price increase, then it would've been cool for them to offer a discounted purchase option to current owners. That could easily be done by their list of people who registered serial numbers from the 2D runs. It *WON'T* happen, but it COULD, and the implication that they have absolutely no clue about who we are or how to contact any of us is...well... a bit out there.
When it comes down to it...Stern will do what Stern does best: Make their money off the people willing to pay, and sit on stock if they end up with any left, and farm it out to people looking for tournament prizes and soforth, and write it off as marketing expenses. No way they're giving anyone anything for free, just because we're a bit irate, lol.

Your idea of offering the girl translites to existing buyers at a discount for registered owners is a good one, actually, and a win-win for both parties. Post your idea on their forum and see if they go for it.

#69 11 years ago

Just got the word! the game will have the girls on the glass and the other in a tube.

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Your idea of offering the girl translites to existing buyers at a discount for registered owners is a good one, actually, and a win-win for both parties. Post your idea on their forum and see if they go for it.

Stern has forums?

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Just got the word! the game will have the girls on the glass and the other in a tube.

Still both translites, right? The installed one isn't a true backglass, is it?

#72 11 years ago

Anyone know a shipping date? I know late February early March.

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Still both translites, right? The installed one isn't a true backglass, is it?

Yes Sir, just translites.. no True back glasses, they normally save that for the LE's

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from marlboroa:

Anyone know a shipping date? I know late February early March.

I got the impression they would start to ship this week.

#75 11 years ago

Just ordered mine from JJ!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although I will be selling the "Chick" translite for $100 to help pay for the pin.

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Just ordered mine from JJ!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although I will be selling the "Chick" translite for $100 to help pay for the pin.

Not a bad strategy if it doesn't appeal to you. Also, congrats on the incoming NIB game!

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Not a bad strategy if it doesn't appeal to you. Also, congrats on the incoming NIB game!

It does appeal to me, but it doesn't affect the game play and I like all 3 Tron translites, so I would rather use the $100 to pay for protectors, etc.

#78 11 years ago

JJ get me a translite ; )

#79 11 years ago

The webite still has TRON listed as Out Of Production.

#80 11 years ago

I NEED THE 2 HOT GIRL TRANSLITE meow

#81 11 years ago

Ordered mine, can't friggin wait !!!

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Lisa, I got dibs when you sell it!

You might want to set a timer for about 4 days after it arrives. Sorry Lisa, couldn't resist.

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I got the impression they would start to ship this week.

I just got word from the distributor that I bought from. He said they are coming off of the line right now and mine could ship as early as tomorrow.

#84 11 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

2nd run has better cabinet art but the 2D translite.

Did they go from screened art to decals on the second run? When did the second run occur and have all runs since then been with decals?

Quoted from Mudflaps:

I need to order two -- one to ruin, and one to hang

Not going to ask....

Dan

#85 11 years ago

Does anyone know how big this run is or when it's likely to sell out? I'll possibly be in the market for this machine in April or May, but not til then.

#86 11 years ago

Does anyone know when this run will actually start shipping? We're closing in quick on the initial estimated ship date.

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Does anyone know when this run will actually start shipping? We're closing in quick on the initial estimated ship date.

They have already started shipping. Mine shipped out yesterday got it from JJ.

#88 11 years ago

#89 11 years ago

Mine are all shipped or shipping today.

#90 11 years ago

Mine got here today. It's still sitting in my truck after picking it up at the dock.

#91 11 years ago
Quoted from b_koenig:

Mine got here today. It's still sitting in my truck after picking it up at the dock.

Congrats! Who did you order yours from?

Bummed I didn't hear anything on mine yet.

#92 11 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Congrats! Who did you order yours from?
Bummed I didn't hear anything on mine yet.

I got it from Michael at Flipper Fidelity. The original plan was that I could pick it up at Stern. But he said that Stern is no longer allowing pick up. It was shipped directly to me from Stern.

#93 11 years ago
Quoted from b_koenig:

Post some pictures when you get it setup - I ordered a NIB from this run as well and I cant wait!

#94 11 years ago

I wish I could get Stern to let me know when they will have the All Girls Translite Avail for sale.. I have 10 on order but they won't tell me when they will be out =(

#95 11 years ago

Wonder why Stern would not allow pickup, sounds truly fishy? There is zero advantage for them not allowing pickup so I call bullshit. Bet there is more to this story you are not getting.

#96 11 years ago

The story I got was that it is the result of new Illinois tax laws.

#97 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I wish I could get Stern to let me know when they will have the All Girls Translite Avail for sale.. I have 10 on order but they won't tell me when they will be out =(

JJ, any chance you could talk Stern into doing a run of these mirrored? I would put one on my LE immediately if it were mirrored.

#98 11 years ago

So why are they doing 2 translites?

#99 11 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

The story I got was that it is the result of new Illinois tax laws.

Careful...someone on the site may throw out the no politics allowed card on you.

#100 11 years ago

My apologies. No political message was intended.

According to my distributor, that was the message they received from Stern when requesting a customer pickup. I was a bit shocked given that I picked up my Avengers from Stern. Oh well, just means I pick it up at the trucking company. No biggie.

Again, sorry if I offended anyone. That was not my intention. I just wanted to share the information that I was given. Lesson learned.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 49.99
12,028 (OBO)
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods
Plastics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-run-of-tron-pro-confirmed-will-come-with-2-translites/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.