(Topic ID: 39279)

Next Run of Tron PRO Confirmed Will Come with 2 Translites!!!

By Gexchange

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tron-Pro-translite-2D-ladies.jpg
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

Guys I just talked to Stern and:

Tron Pro Late Feb Early March Run CONFIRMED will come with 2 Translites! Both 2d the First being the Clue Translite the second being the new All Girls Translite (HOT!!!)

I've got about half of my Order Of Tron Pro's left Let me know if you want to get in on this Production run. I am Working on Ordering some Extra All Girl Translites as well. They will $135 Shipped for just the Translite.

JJ

#3 11 years ago

Saw this pic of the all-girl translite on their FB page yesterday.

At the time I thought it was a joke.

Nice!

Tron-Pro-translite-2D-ladies.jpgTron-Pro-translite-2D-ladies.jpg

#4 11 years ago

Tear.. Stern gets me, they really get me.

#5 11 years ago

That translite is so cool, would make nice wall art too.

#6 11 years ago

Does this run cost more than the November run did? If not that's a free $135 right there. Bummer

#7 11 years ago

Can't wait to get mine! Glad I got in on this run! Very cool!

#8 11 years ago

Can Stern maybe stop putting out extras like this and put more money into QC or into the machines themselves?

Maybe the next run will come with a keychain too?

#9 11 years ago

I need to order two -- one to ruin, and one to hang

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Guys I just talked to Stern and:
Tron Pro Late Feb Early March Run CONFIRMED will come with 2 Translites! Both 2d the First being the Clue Translite the second being the new All Girls Translite (HOT!!!)
I've got about half of my Order Of Tron Pro's left Let me know if you want to get in on this Production run. I am Working on Ordering some Extra All Girl Translites as well. They will $135 Shipped for just the Translite.
JJ

That seems pretty crappy. You think they would give us original 2D buyers the new translight for free?

Thanks,
RC

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

That seems pretty crappy. You think they would give us original 2D buyers the new translight for free?

Why would they do that? They already sold to you, this is an incentive to continue to sell machines.

#12 11 years ago

Word...that's F---ing bu-----it....

I was going to buy a separate one, but 135 bucks instead of the 90-ish I was expecting AND the people buying now get two?

Fool me once...

I'll post my offer here to someone getting a NIB with two translites:

You don't want the 3rd version one, I will buy it for 75$+shipping. Done.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Again, why? If you bought an xbox 360 at one point you get just the system. You buy it at another point and you get the system and a free game for the same price. The difference in timing could be as little as a month. Why is this different. Companies add things to continue to entice new buyers.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from daley:

Again, why? If you bought an xbox 360 at one point you get just the system. You buy it at another point and you get the system and a free game for the same price. The difference in timing could be as little as a month. Why is this different. Companies add things to continue to entice new buyers.

When is the last time a company provided two translites with a pin, after doing 3 or 4 runs of said pin with 2 different translites already, particularly when they JUST did a run with the second translite?

Just checking.

It's unexpected, and annoying....just like if you just bought an iPhone 4 and the 4s is announced the next day, and available a few days later. In pinball timeframes, this is pretty much the exact same thing.

If they're being charged an extra 130$ on this run, then so be it, my complaint is completely and totally invalid, and I accept that. If not...well....maybe someone can get a 75 buck discount on their game if they don't like the new one.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

All Girls Translite (HOT!!!)

Are you calling Kevin and Sam Flynn girls?

#16 11 years ago

That would look sweet lit up in a shadow box...I might go for it. In a perfect world Stern would give us the option of trading our original 2D for this one, maybe for a small fee.
I'll prob get this one regardless, it's very nice.

#17 11 years ago

Thanks,
RC

that's what I was thinking

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

In a perfect world Stern would give us the option of trading our original 2D for this one, maybe for a small fee.

Why? What would they do with all the old ones?

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Why? What would they do with all the old ones?

Pack them in with the new run. Heh.

#20 11 years ago

Wow , thats super cool.

#21 11 years ago

Just sent you a PM... Thanks

#22 11 years ago

You guys are being royal ftards. They came out with an awesome deal and better translites. Remove yourself and appreciate thats a cool thing. I did not get two translites but I did get a year of playing and thats how things work.
Great news for new buyers.
According to this whiny philosphy every thing should be made worse??? WTF!

#23 11 years ago

Unicorns and rainbows

#24 11 years ago

Thanks,
RC

Should they give the 3D owners both 2D versions then for free? While Stern's are at it maybe they can give the early AC/DC owners a new PF with a clear window

#25 11 years ago

I think its great and the new translite is beautiful. I would bet ANYTHING the game costs more than the last run though.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I was going to buy a separate one, but 135 bucks instead of the 90-ish I was expecting AND the people buying now get two?
Fool me once...
I'll post my offer here to someone getting a NIB with two translites:
You don't want the 3rd version one, I will buy it for 75$+shipping. Done.

I'll match Frax's offer for one, once he has secured one. I also have a Xmen Pro translight signed by Borg to trade.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Should they give the 3D owners both 2D versions then for free? While Stern's are at it maybe they can give the early AC/DC owners a new PF with a clear window

I like where your head's at.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Well I feel like they should give AC/DC owners a clear window PF. They screwed up, they should pay for it even though it'll never happen

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

It's unexpected, and annoying....just like if you just bought an iPhone 4 and the 4s is announced the next day, and available a few days later. In pinball timeframes, this is pretty much the exact same thing.

I bought a Tron NIB from a pinsider when they said they were not going to run anymore. And then they did and lots of people got them for less then I paid. I could careless. I made a call at the time, and have loved playing my Tron.

You always have the option to buy now or wait and see. There are pluses and minuses to both.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Putmick_J:

Well I feel like they should give AC/DC owners a clear window PF. They screwed up, they should pay for it even though it'll never happen

I agree Stern should do that and I don't even own a AC/DC. But know it's never going to happen, hence the smiley

#31 11 years ago

What about people trading their 3D version for the new 2D version? Pretty new to prices for the 3D on these and how they compare to the 2D.. but I am one getting this new run and that has already crossed my mind...

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from vader1979:

What about people trading their 3D version for the new 2D version? Pretty new to prices for the 3D on these and how they compare to the 2D.. but I am one getting this new run and that has already crossed my mind...

The 2D versions can be purchased from Stern, however the 3D cannot. So I don't see anyone with a 3D trading for a 2D when they could just buy them.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I agree Stern should do that and I don't even own a AC/DC. But know it's never going to happen, hence the smiley

Ahh, on my phone. Couldn't see the smiley lol

#34 11 years ago

This just goes to prove that you can't please everyone, ever.

1. Stern gives an additional translite on the upcoming rerun (which I think is awesome!) and people that already have one whine.
2. When Stern removes or changes something (light cycles removed), people whine.
3. If Stern doesn't do anything and keeps it exactly the same, you get the complaints that they should have done this, or that, or whatever

I have the original 3D and love it. 2nd run has better cabinet art but the 2D translite. Do I care? No. I was happy when I first bought it and still enjoy it today - with or without these cosmetic changes that have been made on the reruns.

#35 11 years ago

Neither the fact that they changed the lightcycle to the light runner, or the 3d translite to a 2d one is an apples-to-apples comparison here.

We're not talking about removing something and then giving something else, we're talking about them adding something that wasn't there before.

I'm not crazy enough to say Stern should give a new one for free to everyone who bought a 2d already, but it would be *awesome* if they would extend a fig leaf as it were and allow us to purchase the 3rd version at a reasonable discount.

*edit* and that's my last word on it other than trying to buy one off someone that will already be getting one... it's obvious that there's two sides to this argument, and none of us are going to budge more likely than not. I'll just remove myself before this becomes the next "Phoog Thread" lol...

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Putmick_J:

Does this run cost more than the November run did? If not that's a free $135 right there. Bummer

Yes this run is more expensive.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

I thought personal attacks were not allowed here?

It's allowed as long as you are addressing the ftard as royalty.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

It's allowed as long as you are addressing the ftard as royalty.

This is correct, your highness.

#39 11 years ago

Hope this isn't too far off topic for this thread, but with an opportunity to purchase one of this run's NIB Tron vs a new-run ACDC Premium (either/or -- not both), would anyone do it?

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

See, and all that chewing me out over nothing...lol... my point is now moot.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Amazing. This tron is no different then the ones that cost < 4K last year with a 3D translite. The 2D translite has to cost less then a 3D. Decals are likely even cheaper from a cost standpoint for Stern then screened art. Each run they keep upping the price for the same machine. All this will do is keep driving up the price of HUO Tron machines as well. Same thing happened to SM when the later runs kept going up and up and price. The HUO SM's went up as well and Tron will likely do the same.

#42 11 years ago

you really can't go wrong with either pin..... both solid pins, its a win / win for you.

Quoted from sangel1969:

Hope this isn't too far off topic for this thread, but with an opportunity to purchase one of this run's NIB Tron vs a new-run ACDC Premium (either/or -- not both), would anyone do it?

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Amazing. This tron is no different then the ones that cost < 4K last year with a 3D translite. The 2D translite has to cost less then a 3D. Decals are likely even cheaper from a cost standpoint for Stern then screened art. Each run they keep upping the price for the same machine. All this will do is keep driving up the price of HUO Tron machines as well. Same thing happened to SM when the later runs kept going up and up and price. The HUO SM's went up as well and Tron will likely do the same.

Development of a new Translight, Increase in costs of parts and supply over the 3 years of Tron and so on. Plus Stern made a hit machine, let them make a bit extra so they do it again!

#44 11 years ago

We are going to see alot of 1st run 2d Clu translites on Ebay I have a feeling.

Quoted from Gexchange:

Development of a new Translight

Why did they change in the 1st place? Didn't they sell the last run out, no problemo. Something tells me they plan to run more than just this next small run

#45 11 years ago

Here's to hoping you can buy it from Stern. My scores will probably suffer though but it'd be worth it.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm not crazy enough to say Stern should give a new one for free to everyone who bought a 2d already, but it would be *awesome* if they would extend a fig leaf as it were and allow us to purchase the 3rd version at a reasonable discount.

Do you know Stern does not even know who most of the machine owners are? Stern sells the machines to distributors. The distributors sell them to the customers. Once the machines are out the door Stern doesn't know who gets what. Can you imagine if Stern even tried to offer free translites? If they had 200 translites to give out at least 2000 "owners" would call them, screaming to get one. Stern can't win no matter how hard they try.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from herg:

This is correct, your highness.

Epic!! : )

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Do you know Stern does not even know who most of the machine owners are? Stern sells the machines to distributors.

Considering mine was drop shipped from them to my house, it wouldn't be hard for them to retain that record. Plus, I registered my game with my address, date of purchase, etc. through their site, so they have that information on file anyways.

Yes, they may not know who MOST of the owners are, because not everyone is wasting their time filling all that stuff out, but they do have access to quite a bit of it, if they *wanted* to try something like that.

I didn't say anything about a free translite. Nowhere on here did I ask for a free translite. I said that I would've paid about 90 for one, not 135, and that IF there was no price increase, then it would've been cool for them to offer a discounted purchase option to current owners. That could easily be done by their list of people who registered serial numbers from the 2D runs. It *WON'T* happen, but it COULD, and the implication that they have absolutely no clue about who we are or how to contact any of us is...well... a bit out there.

When it comes down to it...Stern will do what Stern does best: Make their money off the people willing to pay, and sit on stock if they end up with any left, and farm it out to people looking for tournament prizes and soforth, and write it off as marketing expenses. No way they're giving anyone anything for free, just because we're a bit irate, lol.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Considering mine was drop shipped from them to my house, it wouldn't be hard for them to retain that record. Plus, I registered my game with my address, date of purchase, etc. through their site, so they have that information on file anyways.
Yes, they may not know who MOST of the owners are, because not everyone is wasting their time filling all that stuff out, but they do have access to quite a bit of it, if they *wanted* to try something like that.
I didn't say anything about a free translite. Nowhere on here did I ask for a free translite. I said that I would've paid about 90 for one, not 135, and that IF there was no price increase, then it would've been cool for them to offer a discounted purchase option to current owners. That could easily be done by their list of people who registered serial numbers from the 2D runs. It *WON'T* happen, but it COULD, and the implication that they have absolutely no clue about who we are or how to contact any of us is...well... a bit out there.
When it comes down to it...Stern will do what Stern does best: Make their money off the people willing to pay, and sit on stock if they end up with any left, and farm it out to people looking for tournament prizes and soforth, and write it off as marketing expenses. No way they're giving anyone anything for free, just because we're a bit irate, lol.

They are a business, that is what most business do..Try and make money for there Share holders.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Saw this pic of the all-girl translite on their FB page yesterday.
At the time I thought it was a joke.
Nice!

Just ordered one...my first nib in about 6 yrs

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-run-of-tron-pro-confirmed-will-come-with-2-translites/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.