Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by wiggy07
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

panel (resized).jpg
0907171618a (resized).jpg
20140222_170952 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from thompso9:

I can't be sure of all the differences, but it looks like that product is geared more toward backlighting an entire panel in a generic fashion than doing what my panel does. The microcontroller on mine creates dynamic light effects for the Starlight sign, UFO, and car taillights. Also, mine includes (licensed) silkscreened speaker grille replacements so you don't have to modify the originals. The entire panel is the same overall thickness as the original panel so the display is not set back any further than the original.
I'd say look at this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-advice-on-cftbl-speaker-panel-led-mod-re-run
It is from some of the previous runs I did and there is a lot of feedback from actual customers there...I'd rather they speak for its virtues than me!

That is pretty well correct - the other panel is *fully* lit, so it will work in any WPC game with the game-specific panel (i.e. not WPC-95 games). You can remove it and return your game to stock when you sell it, for example. There are 2 versions, as well - one is just the panel itself, the other includes speaker LEDs. Both speaker and panel lights are fully controllable in terms of the light output - this lets you dial in the exact color that works best for your panel. Full white works well on CFTBL, a greenish tint looks really good on Doctor Who, for example. There's also an included remote control where you can program settings, and a cross-color fade where the panel will slowly change colors; IMO that is a really cool looking effect.

So not game-specific (you can install in TAF, CFTBL, TZ, IJ, etc etc etc), and includes the remote. Yours is specifically designed for CFTBL and includes that microcontroller so you have the individual effects. Very cool.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside