• Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

panel (resized).jpg
0907171618a (resized).jpg
20140222_170952 (resized).jpg
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Just wanted to throw it out there that I am running another batch of CFTBL LED backlight speaker panels. I would like to get another preorder list going so I'm taking names for that. Also I've enlisted some help from a friend and am trying to bring LED backlighting to other titles. I have already done a lot of the work to get Twilight Zone done and am working on a chasing light effect panel for Funhouse as well. I apologize that it's been so long that I've been away from the hobby but I had another child and built a house in between so I've been pretty well tied up.

I will include the light mask for those who need it (please request it if you do). I think the CPR ones are still pretty hard to come by so the light mask allows you to use the original plastic with a little bit of work to remove the adhesive. This will be the approach for new titles as well since I can't guarantee that CPR or anyone else will be making repro panels that are backlight-ready.

I am still getting some final pricing together, it seems like everything has gone up in price but I'll do my best to keep it around what it was before which will be around $170-$180. If you are interested please PM me and if you don't mind please include an email address as well. I will keep the email addresses private.

I am also interested in suggestions for other titles that I can do, including other effects that might involve motion, sound, etc. There will of course be something in it for you if I end up using your idea.

Thanks,
Jeff

#2 6 years ago

I just bought a creature so I'm kind of new to the mods. Can you describe your product and how does it differ from the one that is being made in this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-this-thread-may-cost-you-money-comments-please

Whats the light mask for, how do I know if I need one?

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from thompso9:

I have already done a lot of the work to get Twilight Zone done and am working on a chasing light effect panel for Funhouse as well.

Hi Jeff, do you have a link/pictures/further info on the Twilight Zone one you mentioned?

#4 6 years ago

Pm sent please put me on list for cftbl panel

#5 6 years ago

Same! Thank you for running these again. Pm sent.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I just bought a creature so I'm kind of new to the mods. Can you describe your product and how does it differ from the one that is being made in this thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-this-thread-may-cost-you-money-comments-please
Whats the light mask for, how do I know if I need one?

I can't be sure of all the differences, but it looks like that product is geared more toward backlighting an entire panel in a generic fashion than doing what my panel does. The microcontroller on mine creates dynamic light effects for the Starlight sign, UFO, and car taillights. Also, mine includes (licensed) silkscreened speaker grille replacements so you don't have to modify the originals. The entire panel is the same overall thickness as the original panel so the display is not set back any further than the original.

I'd say look at this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-advice-on-cftbl-speaker-panel-led-mod-re-run

It is from some of the previous runs I did and there is a lot of feedback from actual customers there...I'd rather they speak for its virtues than me!

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from thompso9:

I can't be sure of all the differences, but it looks like that product is geared more toward backlighting an entire panel in a generic fashion than doing what my panel does. The microcontroller on mine creates dynamic light effects for the Starlight sign, UFO, and car taillights. Also, mine includes (licensed) silkscreened speaker grille replacements so you don't have to modify the originals. The entire panel is the same overall thickness as the original panel so the display is not set back any further than the original.
I'd say look at this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-advice-on-cftbl-speaker-panel-led-mod-re-run
It is from some of the previous runs I did and there is a lot of feedback from actual customers there...I'd rather they speak for its virtues than me!

That is pretty well correct - the other panel is *fully* lit, so it will work in any WPC game with the game-specific panel (i.e. not WPC-95 games). You can remove it and return your game to stock when you sell it, for example. There are 2 versions, as well - one is just the panel itself, the other includes speaker LEDs. Both speaker and panel lights are fully controllable in terms of the light output - this lets you dial in the exact color that works best for your panel. Full white works well on CFTBL, a greenish tint looks really good on Doctor Who, for example. There's also an included remote control where you can program settings, and a cross-color fade where the panel will slowly change colors; IMO that is a really cool looking effect.

So not game-specific (you can install in TAF, CFTBL, TZ, IJ, etc etc etc), and includes the remote. Yours is specifically designed for CFTBL and includes that microcontroller so you have the individual effects. Very cool.

#9 6 years ago

Jeff,

Reread your post
PM sent
Keith

#10 6 years ago

Jeffs mod is in my opinion a much better looking mod than the lighted speaker panel. It looks much better in person.

20140222_170952 (resized).jpg20140222_170952 (resized).jpg

#11 6 years ago

I'm in. This is one of the most tasteful mods for CFTBL.

#12 6 years ago

Please put me on the list.

#13 6 years ago

PM'd ya this morning, stoked you're making more!

#14 6 years ago

I lucked out and found a CPR speaker panel plastic earlier this year. I'd buy the rest from you to complete this mod whenever you get them made! Thanks!

#16 6 years ago

PM sent!

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Jeffs mod is in my opinion a much better looking mod than the lighted speaker panel. It looks much better in person.

Beautiful!

#18 6 years ago

Put me on the list. PM sent

#19 6 years ago

PM sent

#20 6 years ago

Please add me to the list as well!

#21 6 years ago

pm sent!

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from thompso9:

Just wanted to throw it out there that I am running another batch of CFTBL LED backlight speaker panels. I would like to get another preorder list going so I'm taking names for that. Also I've enlisted some help from a friend and am trying to bring LED backlighting to other titles. I have already done a lot of the work to get Twilight Zone done and am working on a chasing light effect panel for Funhouse as well. I apologize that it's been so long that I've been away from the hobby but I had another child and built a house in between so I've been pretty well tied up.
I will include the light mask for those who need it (please request it if you do). I think the CPR ones are still pretty hard to come by so the light mask allows you to use the original plastic with a little bit of work to remove the adhesive. This will be the approach for new titles as well since I can't guarantee that CPR or anyone else will be making repro panels that are backlight-ready.
I am still getting some final pricing together, it seems like everything has gone up in price but I'll do my best to keep it around what it was before which will be around $170-$180. If you are interested please PM me and if you don't mind please include an email address as well. I will keep the email addresses private.
I am also interested in suggestions for other titles that I can do, including other effects that might involve motion, sound, etc. There will of course be something in it for you if I end up using your idea.
Thanks,
Jeff

Can you share some pics of the TZ speaker?

2 weeks later
#23 6 years ago

Oh wow! When's this happening?
Very interested.

#24 6 years ago

still in

#25 6 years ago

Put me on the list.

#26 6 years ago

Pm sent on speaker panel.

#27 6 years ago

I'm in for one. Just found the thread. So much stuff flies by on pinside.

#28 6 years ago

Coolest mod ever. I have version 2 and the build quality is amazing.

0907171618a (resized).jpg0907171618a (resized).jpg

#29 6 years ago

If you own a Creech or think that you may own a Creech some day then do not pass on the opportunity to purchase this mod. This mod is so good that I purchased it twice (once in April of 2013 and then again in July of 2014). I sold one of the speaker panel LED kits to a fellow Pinsider who was having his Creech restored.

The installation is very straight forward and any capable pinball hobbyist can install it in 30-60 minutes and that is taking your time to carefully review the installation instructions. This mod is extremely well engineered and looks very professional and is 100 percent reversible.

In the 4+ years that this mod has been installed on my Creech I haven't had any issues with it not working as designed. Below are a couple of links from prior runs of this mod with many photos, reviews, comments and videos of the mod in action.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-speaker-panel-mod-wow#post-829971

Gord

1 week later
#30 6 years ago

Solid mail day. Thanks thompso9 this looks absurdly professional!

panel (resized).jpgpanel (resized).jpg

#31 6 years ago

Excited to see this thread. Not sure how I missed it the first time. Is there video of this mod?
I will send a PM shortly.

#32 6 years ago

Awesome

#33 6 years ago

PM sent. Looks awesome. Please add me to the list!

#34 6 years ago

PM sent. Looks like one of the best mods for a CFTBL!

#35 6 years ago

pm sent!

Creech and Twilight Zone!

#36 6 years ago

Pm sent, Thanks looks amazing.

#37 6 years ago

received mine yesterday. packaged extremely well. Jeff does a fantastic job with these. Keep us posted on a TZ mod, Jeff. I'm definitely in on whatever you come up with!

#38 6 years ago

Great mod, I have one in my Creature.

#39 6 years ago

pm sent

1 week later
#40 6 years ago

I'm in. Replied to your PM

2 months later
#41 6 years ago

Would like to get one so I can remove the first version and put in a color DMD.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

Would like to get one so I can remove the first version and put in a color DMD.

The first version works just fine with the color DMD

#43 6 years ago

Not the initial early runs, boards are in the way

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

correct. I was the one who worked with jeff to help redesign the mod to v2.0

the original boards that lit the car tail lights were not inset and although you could make the mod work, there was the potential that the screen from the LCD panel of the ColorDMD mod could get scratched.

this, along with a few other suggestions that were made, led jeff to re-tool and release the 2.0 version of his mod which in my opinion is really a mod that every CftBL owner should have in their game

#45 6 years ago

If there is still room. Pls add me to the list.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

correct. I was the one who worked with jeff to help redesign the mod to v2.0
the original boards that lit the car tail lights were not inset and although you could make the mod work, there was the potential that the screen from the LCD panel of the ColorDMD mod could get scratched.
this, along with a few other suggestions that were made, led jeff to re-tool and release the 2.0 version of his mod which in my opinion is really a mod that every CftBL owner should have in their game

Well....since you had a hand in it, I'll take one also.

#47 6 years ago

Please put me on the list!

#48 6 years ago

I'm in for sure. Put me on the list.

#49 6 years ago

Quoted from Pbpins:

Thats right I forgot about them. Sorry for the wrong info.

#50 6 years ago

PM'd to be put on the list. Definitely want one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-run-of-cftbl-led-speaker-panels/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.