(Topic ID: 217173)

Next repro woodrail playfield- which one?

By jrpinball

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by aahgo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

#1 5 years ago

I believe there's already been a few reproduced woodrail playfields, but not enough of them as far as I'm concerned. Let's hear from you as to which one you would like to see done next, and maybe if we get enough demand for a particular one, it will be considered. I know it takes a loooong time for a requested playfield to actually be made, but we have to start somewhere I guess. My vote goes for Gottlieb "Ace High". I don't think there are very many good ones out there, and I sure could use one. My second choice would be Williams "Jig Saw". Again, these are usually very worn, and a repop would revive a good many copies of this outstanding title. In both of these cases, a repro backglass has been made.

#2 5 years ago

I’m not a woodrail guy, but: Gusher

#3 5 years ago

JR, those are good choices... as well as Gusher... I’d also buy a Globetrotter and Hit n Run as well.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

I’m not a woodrail guy, but: Gusher

That would be an excellent choice. You almost never see a decent "Gusher" playfield, let alone a really nice one.

#5 5 years ago

i believe with woodies prices in decline only the top tier games would be considered by those repro'ing them.
i think gtb knockout was the last title done. gusher would be a good one maybe daisy may or green pastures would be my two guess.....
jr.. tell your brother that i will get him a pic of that sing along pf this week

#6 5 years ago

I'd vote for jig saw too.

#7 5 years ago

I like the Gottlieb NIAGARA.

#8 5 years ago

Can't see this happening any time soon, unfortunately.

Shame as woodrails have a unique charm and are really good players when set up right.

Nice variation to go from the latest Stern and go back in time!

I would like 1955 Sluggin Champ - and whilst it was one of the most popular titles in that era, can't see the demand as so few actual games left. Never seen a mint playfield so must be a small demand...

#9 5 years ago

My Gusher could use a nice repro PF,
as I have lots of big KOHole wear
and also wear in the gold paint area in general.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10 5 years ago

What woodrails does Wade own? Better chance there

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

My Gusher could use a nice repro PF,
as I have lots of big KOHole wear
and also wear in the gold paint area in general.

Yeah, all things considered, I think "Gusher" would be the one to make. I don't have the game, but have never seen really good playfield on one. I would love to have a Gottlieb "Ace High" repro'd as I have the game with a bad playfield.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I would love to have a Gottlieb "Ace High" repro'd as I have the game with a bad playfield.

so do I but these old girls have so much class... do you think that would be lost with a new playfield in a way?

in one way they're at an age they need to be treated as antiques and allowed to retain their history but then again if it stops them being parted out its a good thing.. hard to know

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

so do I but these old girls have so much class... do you think that would be lost with a new playfield in a way?
in one way they're at an age they need to be treated as antiques and allowed to retain their history but then again if it stops them being parted out its a good thing.. hard to know

I totally hear you. It's a tough call. While I really appreciate the efforts of Wade and others who make the repros, I think installing one of these new playfields does take something away from the nostalgic "aura" of these games, and the effect is greater the farther back in age you go.
I think Clay Harrell had commissioned the remake of "Mermaid", and he subsequently "weathered" the copy he used in his game in order to retain that authentic look. It's similar to repainting cabinets. Although they were bright white when new, most of us like to use a slightly off-white or yellowed paint when repainting a cabinet's base color.
They just look better a bit aged.

#14 5 years ago

I think a Gusher playfield from Wade would be fantastic with the colors and artwork. I'm not sure there are enough examples available to make a reproduction worth it. 12 owners on pinballowners.com.

3 years later
#15 2 years ago

I know this is an old thread, but I got an Ace High recently with a crappy PF, so add my vote for a repro...

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

I think a Gusher playfield from Wade would be fantastic with the colors and artwork. I'm not sure there are enough examples available to make a reproduction worth it. 12 owners on pinballowners.com.

I'd order one just to adorn my pin room... such a fantastic field.

#17 2 years ago

Okay, if we’re going to revive this thread, I vote Jig Saw. About six months ago I sent Wade an email asking how many people would need to be committed to getting it made but he never responded…

#18 2 years ago

I'd go for either "Ace High" or "Jig Saw". Need both if them.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I'd go for either "Ace High" or "Jig Saw". Need both if them.

I could use a Jig Saw right now too but I'll take aahgo's old one when he gets the repro.

#20 2 years ago

Hey Alex, I saw you picked up that Jig Saw from Chad - nice deal. Kind of relieved it was sold before I saw the posting, too many projects already

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 2.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Electronics
TheDudeMods
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-repro-woodrail-playfield-which-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.