7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Backglass_(resized).jpg
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

I was comfortable paying 8k for MMR but would feel better at 6500- 7k for AFMr .How all these games are jumping up to 10K Honestly is getting FN rediculous, at this rate they should offer 0% financing for 60 months !

My guess AFMR

#52 7 years ago

If they were true reproductions of the original I could see it going for big money. But I'm not big on the emulation, the simulation, or the fornication these guys put their buyers thru. Therefore the next one will probably cost more than the last one.

#53 7 years ago

Therefore the next one will probably cost more than the last one.

I hate to say it but I think your right,

#54 7 years ago

BBB,KP,CC and Pinball Circus are the best choice for remake IMO

#55 7 years ago

Me personally I would buy Monster Bash or Theatre of Magic remakes.

Both games I love in and my argument in favor of these...
MB is nearly impossible to find even to just play (unfortunate victim of the 90's pin decline)
TOM I see around quite a bit more but they all seem to be beat to hell and back around here.

AFM... Meh.. Its fun and I like the humor... But see nice examples of them pretty frequently. Also, its not a game I have to play when I see one. Don't think I would buy a remake of it.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Some of these knuckle-heads have already proved that they will pay whatever the price is, if it's a title that they have always wanted!!!
So collectively, remakes are still going to be on average $8K once the dust settles....regardless of the title.
The masses have spoken...

Eh, I disagree. When MMR came out, most MMs for sale were north of $10k. The $8k asking price was below MM's market price, especially for one that was anything like new. The same cannot be said for AFM, and everyone knows that. price and reaction will be interesting to see.

#57 7 years ago

At this point I'd rather own new games which have never been done before. For example, after owning Full Throttle now for a week, I'd rather get an Aliens instead of some game that's been out for 20 years+. Then there is the rumored Star Wars. That's another I'd probably look at getting. That's just me though for I have a low nostalgia factor for this sort of thing. I am glad, however, this is happening so many folks can get NIB grail pins.

That said, I would never NOT get a remake if the situation presented itself in the right manner.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Eh, I disagree. When MMR came out, most MMs for sale were north of $10k. The $8k asking price was below MM's market price, especially for one that was anything like new. The same cannot be said for AFM, and everyone knows that. price and reaction will be interesting to see.

Try looking closer. Stern's Spider-Man VE goes for $3K more than what the LE went for 8 years ago!

If it's a hot title and it's being marketed as having new features and upgrades, they can justify the price.

#59 7 years ago

It's amazing that with all the delays and all the broken promises, that people still entertain buying another pin from CGC. Personally, I'm one and done.

I'm still interested in which pins they do remake. It will just make the originals more affordable for me.

Please do MB next.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If they were true reproductions of the original I could see it going for big money. But I'm not big on the emulation, the simulation, or the fornication these guys put their buyers thru. Therefore the next one will probably cost more than the last one.

This is spot on perfect. There was a lot of potential with a new platform but anytime they had a potential to make something better they screwed the pooch, and then they changed things that were fine and working on the original that needed no fixing. New game will have uncompressed audio, but let's pump that through the crappiest speakers we can find and mix it so the callouts are hard to hear. Color DMD? Sure! But then let's delay the software to make it work so long that everyone is pissed off and has moved on. Remember all those original game owners that complained that they couldn't adjust the coil strength on the damsel kick-out mechanism and how that never worked correctly because of that lack of adjustment? Of course you don't, because nobody EVER said that. Folks don't understand all that is a workaround for someone programming that doesn't know what they are doing, now they actually talk about all those band-aid adjustments as an improvement feature.

None of this will matter of course, whatever they announce will sell out at whatever price it is listed at. Pinball buyers have one legit way to get the attention of these manufactures but it won't work while everyone is beaning them in the head with rolled up wads of cash with every announcement...

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

It's amazing that with all the delays and all the broken promises, that people still entertain buying another pin from CGC.

Agree but this is Pinside full of pin heads who deserve what they get... bitch, moan, complain, cry, whine... SEND MONEY NOW!

#62 7 years ago

I was excited about the next remake two years ago (still think it'll be AFMr), but based on my experiences with MMr my excitement has turned into cautiousness. Delivery issues, simple SW fixed taking for ever and still not available, poor communication makes you wonder if it's worth it. Still, a classic pin NIB has appeal...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-remake/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.