download (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpeg
6ebc30db82c75b8becab8cb4a239639de7675c6b.jpg (resized).png
331d416bf31adad2d08235d79701c091b3dc10dd (resized).jpg
6ada9fabab9298cd25ca433a02661f377071dd0a (resized).jpg
big-bad-john-cowboy-costume-big-chaps (resized).jpg
image.jpeg
addtext_com_MTcwMDQzMzMwODA (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PPS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 7 years ago

CCR is in the queue to be done at some point and will have new re-written and extended code ... just cannot say when and in what order and of course always subject to change with CGC.

#16 7 years ago

completely wrong assumption. Re-writing code just takes more linear time of 1-2 people ... given the game code, display, and sounds for the base game are done, it's not a huge effort ... it won't take years, and it won't add alot of cost to the game ... oy.

#40 7 years ago

well given that totan and cv are both popdiuk games and would have required his involvement for a 2.0 game (vs a remake) I think you can all assume given what has happened that this will not likely happen ...

#43 7 years ago

that would mean not likely any totan 2.0 ... we can remake a game without the designer ... we always love to have them on board, but not a requirement ... I am not going to speculate on timing given that is entirely up to CGC, but you would expect give the electronics platform to be very stable and done as well as the experience on game one to help speed up. You can also bet that I am heavily involved in doing whatever I can to get each title spaced closer together.

rick

#47 7 years ago

then why ask me ... as i have said many times ... CGC is running the game ... game #2 is about to be annouced, game #3 and #4 have been started ... I can either stop making statements or I will continue to make statements based on what I am told ... I can go either way, but I can tell you if I stop, then CGC is not likely to start providing updates.

#68 7 years ago

maybe because people loved those games, they love the upgrades that are not easily done on the old games, and they love the fact that everything is new on the game ... I'm not sure why it's about remakes vs new games, that's really strange to me. I have whatever game I want in my gameroom, and I'm certainly not going to be told what to buy ... I have Sterns, W/B, and JJP and will buy whatever is fun ... of course there is no innovation in what is in MMR, right ... remaking something is I feel challenging to get it to play as 'expected' - with a new design, there are no expectations, so it's a different kind of hard. Oy.

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoski:

How do you know CCr is in the queue? Insider info?
I love the game, definitely would buy one but $12+K for a used one is a bit rich.

Well, I'm not sure if you understand, but we are the WMS licensee and have contracted with Chicago Gaming which titles can be remade ... plus we are a little involved in the details of what is going on ...

#137 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

So just tell us which game is next and when.

We will formally annouce when it's time to formally annouce ... we're trying not to repeat the MMR exercise ... the game #2 is in UL now ...

Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

The Pinball 2000 OS needs to be redone to free it from the hardware driver limits that it has. Using an PC Emulator may have legal issues / you may have to give out the source code to it and have to deal with people who bypass the DRM

So it will be on the older hardware under your emulator system? Extended older hardware system in your emulator? Or new code base?

There are plenty of legal considerations with Wizard Blocks(tm) - including copyright, trademark (WB, P2K), IP, Code, probably a patent here or there, trade secrets, etc. Besides not being complete and not necessarily proven to be a 'good' game ...

We have original CC source code as has been documented before ... won't go into what software strategy will be used as that would tip our hand on other projects planned ...

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Better luck with UL this time around!!!

The good news is UL is not as daunting due to the leverage of a bunch of components from MMR ... so (fingers crossed) should be quicker and less painful ...

I'll be in Chicago on Monday, so get a better feel for where things are ...

#143 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I'll be in Chicago Monday too Can I come see it???? Please.........

We would have to put you in the CGC prison cell where everyone who sees things they are not supposed to see are locked up in ...

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Just curious, why would you need popdiuk when louis was the one who programmed TOTAN?

the designer has the concept and the ideas of extensions, etc ...

#176 7 years ago

given that there is currently no activity on totan in any shape or form, it's not really even a discussion right now. If someone wants to change that they know how to get ahold of me ...

2 weeks later
#270 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Cactus Canyon would be logical choice for remake. Fewer made, better game than AFM. But, in my opinion you won't see any more remakes. They didn't reach the numbers they were expecting for MMR to make this a profitable venture again. Price point to high, not everyone has 8K to blow on a machine. You can buy a car for that much.

lol ... the stuff you guys write ... like you know ...

1 month later
#362 7 years ago
Quoted from Deep_Throat:

PPS/CGC and Stern are having issues and Stern is not willing to continue the remake manufacturing. There were many factors that contributed to this but with Stern having their own issues as well they decided it was time for PPS/CGC to find there own facility. There will be a long delay as PPS/CGC are still in talks with Stern to continue with remake # 2 which is AFM. PPS/CGC will have to figure out who will build the next and all future remakes. It will be a long process but you will probably not hear it from anyone at Stern or PPS/CGC. They agreed to keep it quiet so they can make the AFMR announcment hopefully before the end of this year and start taking preorders and they do not want this news to hurt the pre ordering process. Be prepared for a long wait. And be prepared for a denial regarding this news. This comes from a source close to Stern.

Totally not true, so your 'inside information' is not ... Stern is available to do whatever runs of whatever games make sense ... trust me, PPS have a great relationship with the principals of Stern and there is none of that going on ... jeesh everyone thinks they know what is going on ...

rick

#364 7 years ago

We will announce when ready and ready to go, and it almost is ...

Rick

7 months later
#405 6 years ago

no. If there were to be a CCr it makes no sense to try to develop it in super old generation software and platform WPC95. Each remake will have more and more new capabilities that will be enabled by the CGC remake software platform ... that's about all I will say about it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PPS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-remake-has-to-be-cactus-canyon?tu=PPS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.