download (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpeg
6ebc30db82c75b8becab8cb4a239639de7675c6b.jpg (resized).png
331d416bf31adad2d08235d79701c091b3dc10dd (resized).jpg
6ada9fabab9298cd25ca433a02661f377071dd0a (resized).jpg
big-bad-john-cowboy-costume-big-chaps (resized).jpg
image.jpeg
addtext_com_MTcwMDQzMzMwODA (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Compy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's time to give up on this one. The game was like 10 percent done.
Take it from Pat himself...
"That was what you saw, but the game was just a whitewood. It was a minimum of two months away from even going on test. Those internal whitewoods aren't even finished mechanically. There's stuff that isn't even on the game. The game is not complete. The software is not complete. That seems like an insignificant thing to some people, but the game is in such a rough state ... we had barely gotten to the point where we were able to play it ourselves! There were three people working non-stop on video and the stuff you were looking at was maybe 10% of what was gonna be in the game. We has scads of art that was yet to be digitized.
"That game (Wizard Blocks) is what it was when we got shut down. But that's all it's ever gonna be. It will never be completed. There is nobody currently who has the wherewithal to pick up and build Pin 2000. The amount of manpower it takes to do it is so astronomical. Here's an example: I now have a normal game team ... an old-time game team ... which means to me that I have a mechanical engineer, a couple of software people, an art ist, a sound and music guy, and a dot matrix artist. That's a core game team that works full time from between nine and twelve months to produce a pinball machine. You take all their salaries and you come up with some number and say this is what it costs me to develop that game.
"A Pin 2000 project immediately doubles that number of people. It becomes a combination video game and pinball machine. It's like taking a Midway game team and coupling it with a pinball game team. You have an immediate increase in overhead and an immediate increase in the technological level it takes you to pull it off. There are people who bandy about this idea that you could somehow just buy the patents and build Pinball 2000. The amount of technical expertise is huge.
"First of all ... you can't build Pin 2000 the way it exists because the electronics that were in the Williams version are no longer available. You couldn't even reproduce them. The board that ran that system was a consumer product that is no longer available. So you can't just take the bill of material and turn on the assembly line. You'd have to re-engineer the whole video portion of how that game works. Could it be done with enough money, sure ... but is a company willing to take all the manpower and the year and a half to start up and do it? My humble estimate of what it would cost you to pick up the project and try to run with it again is a minimum of two million dollars. That get's you the first game to the assembly line."

Challenge accepted, Pat.
6ada9fabab9298cd25ca433a02661f377071dd0a (resized).jpg6ada9fabab9298cd25ca433a02661f377071dd0a (resized).jpg
331d416bf31adad2d08235d79701c091b3dc10dd (resized).jpg331d416bf31adad2d08235d79701c091b3dc10dd (resized).jpg

(of course I know he was referring to production numbers, but technology advancements have enabled many many things)

#169 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

SWE1 is one of the few pins I've walked away from without finishing my balls, though to be fair it was set to 5 ball, and I just couldn't take anymore. Only other one I can think of where I did that was Varkon.

... but Aurich... Plunge the ball and use your flippers!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rocky River, OH
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,999 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Compy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-remake-has-to-be-cactus-canyon?tu=Compy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.