download (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpeg
6ebc30db82c75b8becab8cb4a239639de7675c6b.jpg (resized).png
331d416bf31adad2d08235d79701c091b3dc10dd (resized).jpg
6ada9fabab9298cd25ca433a02661f377071dd0a (resized).jpg
big-bad-john-cowboy-costume-big-chaps (resized).jpg
image.jpeg
addtext_com_MTcwMDQzMzMwODA (resized).jpg
There are 573 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.
#1 7 years ago

I have always wanted a CC. Played it on the IPad, hooked! Once I learned the real CC story, I new it had to be remade, finished and done right! It's a moral imperative! What a great game to be left unfinished and flawed! Everytime I run across one, my knee jerk reaction is to buy it until my brain kicks in and says don't do it, it's not worth it. Especially if PPS remakes it! (Fingers Crossed) how many of you folks are eagerly waiting for that to happen? I'm biased I guess, always been a western movie nut. Love those spaghetti westerns! So bring it PPS! We are waiting!

#2 7 years ago

Whats the real story behind CC? I know its the last machine Williams made.....but would be cool to hear more about the history of it

#3 7 years ago

AFM is next.
I would guess CC is after that followed by MB.

#4 7 years ago

It's much more of a niche market for this title. CCR is good but I don't feel it has epic appeal like Medieval Madness. MM appeals to the majority of pinball enthusiasts. I do not feel the same percentage of folks share the love for CC, or the revamped CCR.

I got no horse in this race but strictly $-wise, I would say Monster Bash could sell more units than MMr has sold. I would build and sell that one if I was trying to make $ on a re-make.

#5 7 years ago

I doubt CC. It actually is not a very good game. It could have been much better if complete. But still a bit easy. And from what others have said they will not have the rights to make it CCC. The price of CC only comes from being limited availability and being the last off the Williams factory line. If CCr comes out it will be neither.

A frame of hi-res artwork for the AFM missile launcher tread had already been found mixed in with the MMr artwork. Also I think someone had seen something else at the factory while picking up their MMr but that post was quite a while ago.

All signs point to AFMr and MBr. They are the highest priced / highest ranked games.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Whats the real story behind CC? I know its the last machine Williams made.....but would be cool to hear more about the history of it

It was the last DMD game made. It only got made because Pinball 2000 wasn't ready to hit the line yet and they needed something to fill space, so they took a game that was mostly done and ran it. Matt, the original programmer left WMS before the game was REALLY finished. What was released is fully playable, of course, it just didn't get fully rounded out and polished like most WMS games.

#7 7 years ago

I hope CCR gets done. Fantastic theme, art, and music. The call-outs are hilarious- "Honey, just shoot anything." I love the layout and implementation of the drop targets. I would love to see more of this all-too-rare title out in the world.

#8 7 years ago

Good reasoning here for why CC has to be next!

#9 7 years ago

What ever happened to the "next" from PPS? Been crickets for a long time! I wonder if Stern is willing to build their next game for them?

#10 7 years ago

CCR is in the queue to be done at some point and will have new re-written and extended code ... just cannot say when and in what order and of course always subject to change with CGC.

#11 7 years ago

From what I remember, CC was supposed to be a fully polished game. But in the middle of development, WMS wanted to push the Pin2000, so they told the production team to hurry up and push what they had out - distributors were told that it was going to be a limited run of under 1000. I remember my distributor out in Colorado calling me up, and asking if I wanted to order one for $3100. I said no. ARGH.

#12 7 years ago

I love playing Cactus Canyon and would for sure order one if it gets produced again. Same with Monster Bash.

#13 7 years ago

If all remakes had updated code, animations, and modes that would be really cool. Player could choose this or original gameplay.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

will have new re-written and extended code ... just cannot say when and in what order and of course always subject to change with CGC.

that sounds expensive and i'm sure it will be many years down the road but could this be the first ten thousand dollar remake? won't be cheap! of course by then the average new pin will probably cost about that anyway.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

CCR is in the queue to be done at some point and will have new re-written and extended code ... just cannot say when and in what order and of course always subject to change with CGC.

That's pretty exciting news to get that confirmation.

#16 7 years ago

completely wrong assumption. Re-writing code just takes more linear time of 1-2 people ... given the game code, display, and sounds for the base game are done, it's not a huge effort ... it won't take years, and it won't add alot of cost to the game ... oy.

#17 7 years ago

CC is at the top my want list, way ahead of AFM, and MB doesn't even make my list. Different strokes for different folks.

#18 7 years ago

I wonder what else will get remade???

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

I wonder what else will get remade???

Any B/W game that currently sells for more that 8k in decent condition are going to be suspects. You can bet that CC, AFM, MB are all on that list.

#20 7 years ago

why is this in the tech forum?

#21 7 years ago

My first choice would be to have "Wizard Blocks" completed and sold in kit form. I'm probably dreaming on that one though!

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Great news, CCR with finished code would be awesome. Hoping KingpinR with new re-written and extended code is also in the queue somewhere.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

completely wrong assumption. Re-writing code just takes more linear time of 1-2 people ... given the game code, display, and sounds for the base game are done, it's not a huge effort ... it won't take years, and it won't add alot of cost to the game ... oy.

Bam! Love it.

#24 7 years ago

Well reading this.will have to start a fund. Didn't care about AFM or MB. But Cactus Canyon I will have to make the purchase.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

Great news, CCR with finished code would be awesome. Hoping KingpinR with new re-written and extended code is also in the queue somewhere.

Yes Kingpin deserves a long look for sure. Played one for the first time at PAGG last year & the game had a lot of potential. Great dots, great theme. It's a Capcom game though, so that might be an issue.

#26 7 years ago

I would love to have one but I don't have the cash I can't justify selling off my keepers (not fish tales) for this

#27 7 years ago

Fantastic news Rick. I'd be in on a CC. MB isn't my cup of tea and with only room for 3 machines, AFM doesn't make the cut either since I have MMR.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Awesome news, depending on when it happens I could definitely see myself buying one.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

I would love to have one but I don't have the cash I can't justify selling off my keepers (not fish tales) for this

I'm sure you have plenty of time... start saving a penny a day and you'll be fine.

#30 7 years ago

#31 7 years ago

Kingpin would be my grail game and would be much easier to get a large number of buyers IMHO.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

AFM is next.
I would guess CC is after that followed by MB.

MMr announcement was made in October 2013 at Expo, thats almost been 3 years ago.

Fast forward to today and not even 100% sure that Planetary has finished filling all of the MMr orders.

If AFM is next and announced yet this year, figure October 2018 before any are shipped
Cactus Canyon 2021 ?
Monster Bash 2024 ??

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

extended code

So is this new and creative ideas from CGC or is the plan to 'borrow' what epthegeek did with CCC?

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I'm sure you have plenty of time... start saving a penny a day and you'll be fine.

An mmr standerd (non le trim) costs £7995 = $10'502.83 where a standerd in the states is $7995. A Ghostbusters Pro costs £5995= $7875.48 (Nib star trek pro last november was £5000) which i believe is le price over where you are and an le here is £8995 = $11'816.73. All i'm saying is the hobby over here for nib machines and to be fair machines in general are far more expensive and that saying not all of us can afford it.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from slvrballer:

Cactus Canyon 2021 ?
Monster Bash 2024 ??

addtext_com_MTcwMDQzMzMwODA (resized).jpgaddtext_com_MTcwMDQzMzMwODA (resized).jpg

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from slvrballer:

MMr announcement was made in October 2013 at Expo, thats almost been 3 years ago.
Fast forward to today and not even 100% sure that Planetary has finished filling all of the MMr orders.
If AFM is next and announced yet this year, figure October 2018 before any are shipped
Cactus Canyon 2021 ?
Monster Bash 2024 ??

The first one took some time but by now CGC probably has the second game system upgrade already developed and initial parts stockpiled or stockpiling. I wouldn't be surprised to see these running down the line soon after Expo, especially if Stern is amenable to continuing assembly of the second game.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Kinda off topic but... If it's not that envoled to do... What ever happened to TOTAN or CV 2.0???

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I hope that CC isn't the only remake that gets new code or 2.0'd ... I understand why that wasn't done with MM, but there are definitely some potential remakes that could do with updating. I'd think MB (if it's #3) would be among them.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Kinda off topic but... If it's not that envoled to do... What ever happened to TOTAN or CV 2.0???

I think TOTAN is a good candidate for a remake. High prices and not very many were made.

#40 7 years ago

well given that totan and cv are both popdiuk games and would have required his involvement for a 2.0 game (vs a remake) I think you can all assume given what has happened that this will not likely happen ...

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

well given that totan and cv are both popdiuk games and would have required his involvement for a 2.0 game (vs a remake) I think you can all assume given what has happened that this will not likely happen ...

For clarity, does that mean no totanR or just no totan2.0?

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Can't you employ him to write the code? That way he can start paying back all that lost money.

So what's the time frame on future remake releases? Do you anticipate a machine a year now that CGC is through the steep part of the learning curve?

#43 7 years ago

that would mean not likely any totan 2.0 ... we can remake a game without the designer ... we always love to have them on board, but not a requirement ... I am not going to speculate on timing given that is entirely up to CGC, but you would expect give the electronics platform to be very stable and done as well as the experience on game one to help speed up. You can also bet that I am heavily involved in doing whatever I can to get each title spaced closer together.

rick

#44 7 years ago

I and I'm sure many others would have loved to see TOTAN 2.0.

#45 7 years ago

not really sure not having JPoP on board would be seen as an impediment to a 2.0, by many people these days ...

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

it won't take years, and it won't add alot of cost to the game

Everyone hopes that is the case Rick, but you have made the same statement concerning other projects....

#47 7 years ago

then why ask me ... as i have said many times ... CGC is running the game ... game #2 is about to be annouced, game #3 and #4 have been started ... I can either stop making statements or I will continue to make statements based on what I am told ... I can go either way, but I can tell you if I stop, then CGC is not likely to start providing updates.

#48 7 years ago

This is pretty sweet I was gonna buy a game of thrones but now that I know an endless river of 90s Williams classics are gonna be rolling off the line with the frequency of weekday morning bagels I'm all in on those!

Thanks for the update!

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

then why ask me ... as i have said many times ... CGC is running the game ... game #2 is about to be annouced, game #3 and #4 have been started ... I can either stop making statements or I will continue to make statements based on what I am told ... I can go either way, but I can tell you if I stop, then CGC is not likely to start providing updates.

I'll agree with you on this. Any updates are better then no updates.
Thanks

#50 7 years ago

I have never purchased a new in box machine but i would a Cactus Canyon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 573 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-remake-has-to-be-cactus-canyon?hl=joshpa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.