download (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpeg
6ebc30db82c75b8becab8cb4a239639de7675c6b.jpg (resized).png
331d416bf31adad2d08235d79701c091b3dc10dd (resized).jpg
6ada9fabab9298cd25ca433a02661f377071dd0a (resized).jpg
big-bad-john-cowboy-costume-big-chaps (resized).jpg
image.jpeg
addtext_com_MTcwMDQzMzMwODA (resized).jpg
There are 573 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 12.
#401 6 years ago

If a CCr is made with a "finished code", does that mean the code could be transferred to an existing CC??

#402 6 years ago

That's a good question Unfortunately it will probably have to be PPS to give you an answer.

#403 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

That's a good question Unfortunately it will probably have to be PPS to give you an answer.

Yeah thanks, I actually just sent him a message.
Will let you know,what he says

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from richyrich:

If a CCr is made with a "finished code", does that mean the code could be transferred to an existing CC??

No chance. Won't be built on WPC95.

#405 6 years ago

no. If there were to be a CCr it makes no sense to try to develop it in super old generation software and platform WPC95. Each remake will have more and more new capabilities that will be enabled by the CGC remake software platform ... that's about all I will say about it.

#406 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

no. If there were to be a CCr it makes no sense to try to develop it in super old generation software and platform WPC95. Each remake will have more and more new capabilities that will be enabled by the CGC remake software platform ... that's about all I will say about it.

That makes complete perfect sense.
Love the new wider display on AFMR.

#407 6 years ago

Yeah but it will be real interesting on how close the remake game plays to CCC! It will also be real interesting to see the prices. It will have to be apples vs apples color monitor, prosound with subwoofer capabilities. All the CCC modes and last but not least how modable it will be.

#408 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Thanks, for that info

1 month later
#409 6 years ago

Why not make an Eight Ball Deluxe Remake? Bet it would do pretty well.

#410 6 years ago

It's only cost effective to make games that are selling for really 7k plus right now. 8 ball deluxe will never happen.

#411 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

It's only cost effective to make games that are selling for really 7k plus right now. 8 ball deluxe will never happen.

that is becoming basically any w/b game from 1994 on...

#412 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

that is becoming basically any w/b game from 1994 on...

Noooo ....still lots of b/w pins in great condition for well under 7k.

#413 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

fwiw I think people will shell out the 7k for remakes of games worth less than that, just for the new factor. IMO any game worth even 5k if remade new would sell just fine @7k as people will pay for games that are brand new and that will need little maintenance for years. New and shiny will sell.

#414 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Maybe just the ones I'm looking at. My actual point was more like when we used to say "still lots of b/w pins in great condition for well under 3k"!

1 week later
#415 6 years ago

Monster Bash!

#416 6 years ago

I know it's not going to be a Capcom title, but I really wish it was.
I was playing kingpin on the virtual pin, that's actually a really fun game. Simple to understand, simple to understand games usually do really well. If they wound up remaking It, I would hope they would add a little more beef though.

#417 6 years ago

Hopefully Monster Bash, but Id buy CC. I believe MB would probably sell more units though.

#418 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I was playing kingpin on the virtual pin, that's actually a really fun game. Simple to understand, simple to understand games usually do really well. If they wound up remaking It, I would hope they would add a little more beef though.

This is crying out to be put into production. The shot map is fantastic, amount the best for a two flipper game in my opinion.

#419 6 years ago

How often do these remakes get released?

#420 6 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

How often do these remakes get released?

About every two years.

5 months later
#421 6 years ago

Any more current updates? CC or MB?

#422 6 years ago

Nope The announcement will be in March. The rumor mill says MB and then CC! It will be interesting to see how they do the code for CC though. lots of people have never played one. It will be sorta be like releasing a new title to those folks. CC is a lot of fun with continued. If they can create something similar, It should be awesome!

#423 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

lots of people have never played one. It will be sorta be like releasing a new title to those folks.

This statement is more true then most people think. With a large portion of new people getting into the hobby in the past 10 years. A lot of these people never got a chance to play many of the classic Bally/Williams games. Heck, I've been playing since the late 70's and have only played CC and MB once or twice.

#424 6 years ago

I think many have seen CC in Pinball Arcade. I finally tried a real one this year at SFGE.

It had a lot more plastic ramps than I was expecting, left, right and center. That aside, it is the remake I am most looking forward to.

#425 6 years ago

Rumor mill is strongly saying MB. I look forward to..

#426 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

think many have seen CC in Pinball Arcade. I finally tried a real one this year at SFGE.
It had a lot more plastic ramps than I was expecting, left, right and center. That aside, it is the remake I am most looking forward to.

Crazy cool that your in Tybee. Grew up in that area! Was just there end of November! Had a great day at the beach!
Did that CC have Continued? Or was it just factory? Most people have no idea what CC is like with Continued Completion software.

#427 6 years ago

I actually played CC for the first time last week, and have not bought that pack on Pinball Arcade. A lot of these late 90s games didn't get a fair shake with arcades closing everywhere.

CC has a lot of stuff under the glass though. This is part of the reason why we won't see a TZ remake, or if we did it would be a cheap fifth-rate imitation of the original. The fact that TZ didn't earn on route and tends to get ignored by visitors to private game rooms, according to owners I read here, doesn't favor it. If you want TZ, buy an original. They're around. CC had ~900 production run. I did find it easy to get into, and I didn't even start the game. Like everything else in the room this CC was on freeplay and someone had started and abandoned a 4-player game. I like the shots for sure, and it's also another great example of John Youssi art.

#428 6 years ago

Do you know if it had Continued? Whole new dimension for CC.

#429 6 years ago

I think at this juncture CCr is certainty either before or after MBr. I said it before I am very curious on how they do the software.

#430 6 years ago

Theater of Magic although that is already a near perfect game.

#431 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Did that CC have Continued?

It wasn't a CCC. I wonder how many of those they sold?

I only played a few quick games at the show, so depth of rules was not a factor.

Yea, I love living on Tybee - The little drinking island with a fishing problem.

#432 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

It wasn't a CCC. I wonder how many of those they sold?
I only played a few quick games at the show, so depth of rules was not a factor.
Yea, I love living on Tybee - The little drinking island with a fishing problem.

Love Tybee! I made lots of bad decisions on that island. I went 5 times in one summer and got arrested twice. I dont drink anymore, but it was my favorite drinking vacation. The low country boil for lunch and dinner if I did manage to eat was amazing.

#433 6 years ago

My only criticism with MB (its a small one) is the shallow gameplay. The layout is great, the callouts are awesome but once you learn the shots it is very easy to start Monster Bash and even Monsters of Rock a few times a game. Of course there is certainly something to be said for simpler games that don't require an hour of play for wizard mode.

#434 6 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

My only criticism with MB (its a small one) is the shallow gameplay. The layout is great, the callouts are awesome but once you learn the shots it is very easy to start Monster Bash and even Monsters of Rock a few times a game. Of course there is certainly something to be said for simpler games that don't require an hour of play for wizard mode.

You could always switch to lightning flippers.

934A67D3-7B56-45D9-82AD-EE2BB82366C5 (resized).jpeg934A67D3-7B56-45D9-82AD-EE2BB82366C5 (resized).jpeg

#435 6 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

is the shallow gameplay

I'm with you on this one. After watching the gigantic game dead flip put up doing the same thing over and over it left my wishlist

#436 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

t wasn't a CCC. I wonder how many of those they sold?

They never sold any with Continued. Continued was done after as a Mod. ( big one) Continued Software is everything for CC. Major difference.
Spent Many a teenage night on that Beach!

#437 6 years ago

I’ve heard BBB is after MB

#438 6 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I’ve heard BBB is after MB

I dont understand remaking this title It’s an Adult game so how many do they think they can sell?

#439 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I dont understand remaking this title It’s an Adult game so how many do they think they can sell?

Well, I don't see children buying $10,000 pinball machines.

#440 6 years ago

Doubt they do BBBr before CCr.

Both will require a ton of new code. If one of them is next after MBr, it would make sense to make some modest additions to MBr, to clear the tubes, so to speak ... which might address some of the concerns about difficulty / longevity with MB.

Or maybe they just improve toys / lights further and leave the rules and modes totally as is. Soon we'll see.

#441 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Both will require a ton of new code.

Heck, the remakes that are out now are waiting on code just so people can play them without the flippers going dead.

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Heck, the remakes that are out now are waiting on code just so people can play them without the flippers going dead.

Yep and that was a shocker! Especially since it didn't really seem to affect the early builds.

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Oh they do all the time! I know plenty of guys who had to pass on a title because of family issues. Heck we are talking about a piece of furniture that is in the house that's awesome eye candy to every kid that lives there.

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Exactly. This drives me batty on forums. I just got banned on a car forum for awhile. Ya, cause a 12 year old kid is in the market for a $70,000 car..

#445 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Played the real Capcom KP. Great pin. I’d love to own a remake.

#446 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

This drives me batty on forums. I just got banned on a car forum for awhile. Ya, cause a 12 year old kid is in the market for a $70,000 car..

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg

#447 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Yep and that was a shocker! Especially since it didn't really seem to affect the early builds.

My MMR and AFMR have had no probs. Maybe I was lucky!

#448 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

My MMR and AFMR have had no probs. Maybe I was lucky!

Was yours an early build too?

#449 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Was yours an early build too?

My AFM was. Not my MMR.
Happy new year by the way whthrs166

#450 6 years ago

cc is a rare pin, once it gets remade, it will lose its high value/collectability fast.

MB would be great, codewise its fun for me, love all tha toys, fun pin, i would buy MBr only remake i am interrested in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 573 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-remake-has-to-be-cactus-canyon/page/9?hl=cosmojoe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.