download (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpeg
6ebc30db82c75b8becab8cb4a239639de7675c6b.jpg (resized).png
331d416bf31adad2d08235d79701c091b3dc10dd (resized).jpg
6ada9fabab9298cd25ca433a02661f377071dd0a (resized).jpg
big-bad-john-cowboy-costume-big-chaps (resized).jpg
image.jpeg
addtext_com_MTcwMDQzMzMwODA (resized).jpg

There are 573 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.
#351 7 years ago

I would like to see a company come in and make a quality product of remakes and only remakes. Make two or more a year and keep the price around 5-6 k. Remake everything. Do it right and deliver on time.

#352 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I see some Big problems here.

A truly unfortunate situation regarding mudslinging based on the current state of market inflation in attempt for added profit.

Sometimes purely for comment baiting under false contraversy.

More manufacturers = lower prices due to competition including used games that take the weight of those titles. There is a subsidiary price increase effect of "tag along" piggybacking on older titles, but in the long run the industry and market is healthier.

The only true reality is if advertising promises matches production, there is less contraversy. PPS made a good call to not state a formal announcement at Expo.
Perhaps manufacturers will learn from their past as the market continues to "flutter".

#353 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

If you really want a CC buy an original with CCC. A CC remake is fantasy at this point... don't let anyone fool you about this.

Looks like poor Teekee is still reeling from all the money he lost on MMR. Now he is going to get burned on AFM. Better sell your BBB before its to late sucker!!!

#354 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

to have the validity of your claims doubted since you have made only 2 posts and they are identical

People didn't believe the leaked information regarding Lawlor's pin being called "Dialed In" and being based on a cellphone theme either.

Just sayin'!

#355 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

People didn't believe the leaked information regarding Lawlor's pin being called "Dialed In" and being based on a cellphone theme either.
Just sayin'!

right...but "Dialed In"?, nobody would name a game that

#356 7 years ago
Quoted from Snowhyt:

Looks like poor Teekee is still reeling from all the money he lost on MMR. Now he is going to get burned on AFM. Better sell your BBB before its to late sucker!!!

What's your beef with Teekee? That he makes money buying and selling pins?

#357 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What's your beef with Teekee? That he makes money buying and selling pins?

No that he LOSES money buying and selling pins. ....after the remakes were released of course.

#358 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

No that he LOSES money buying and selling pins. ....after the remakes were released of course.

Arne't you the guy that has over 9k in your MMr? Talk about losing money... stupidity!

#359 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Arne't you the guy that has over 9k in your MMr? Talk about losing money... stupidity!

Not really seeing the 6k by Christmas that you were prophesizing there Teekee. MMR's still holding their value

#360 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Not really seeing the 6k by Christmas that you were prophesizing there Teekee. MMR's still holding their value

You can thank the values of nice MM originals for keeping your throwaway a float. You paid $9500 for yours and its still worth about $7000. (edited)

#361 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

its still worth about $7000

And what else do you see in that universe of yours, flying monkeys, unicorns with rainbow farts, tangerine trees and marmalade skies?

#362 7 years ago
Quoted from Deep_Throat:

PPS/CGC and Stern are having issues and Stern is not willing to continue the remake manufacturing. There were many factors that contributed to this but with Stern having their own issues as well they decided it was time for PPS/CGC to find there own facility. There will be a long delay as PPS/CGC are still in talks with Stern to continue with remake # 2 which is AFM. PPS/CGC will have to figure out who will build the next and all future remakes. It will be a long process but you will probably not hear it from anyone at Stern or PPS/CGC. They agreed to keep it quiet so they can make the AFMR announcment hopefully before the end of this year and start taking preorders and they do not want this news to hurt the pre ordering process. Be prepared for a long wait. And be prepared for a denial regarding this news. This comes from a source close to Stern.

Totally not true, so your 'inside information' is not ... Stern is available to do whatever runs of whatever games make sense ... trust me, PPS have a great relationship with the principals of Stern and there is none of that going on ... jeesh everyone thinks they know what is going on ...

rick

#363 7 years ago

To be honest the biggest disappointment for me from expo was not having pps announce there next title. Theres a reason why theses pins are loved by so many because all the new titles are still competing against there standard from over 20 years ago.

#364 7 years ago

We will announce when ready and ready to go, and it almost is ...

Rick

#365 7 years ago

Oh man...will it be cowboys or aliens?
Both would be best.

#366 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Rick

Thanks Rick.

Nice to see that you guys are trying to learn from game one.
Better to be ready and have all your ducks in a row.
Look forward to seeing game 2 and beyond.
BTW I'm bias, I'm a happy MMR owner.

#367 7 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Nice to see that you guys are trying to learn from game one.

Rick at one point in the height of MMr misery stated they would not take pre-orders again on another title, and the people rejoiced. But once the games were flowing fairly well he stated that the remake model didn't work without taking orders ahead of time. So this go around it is going to be interesting to see which motivation wins out, I suspect there will still be people putting substantial monies down that will not receive a machine for a year or more, but maybe he will prove me wrong. I hope I am. Clearly his product will find a buyer without the angst of managing a lengthy list of depositors, which honestly provides no real protection for either side as legally it has to be fully refundable anyway.

In any event I wish them well if only for the selfish reason that once he gets the remakes out of the way for titles I already own he may one day build me something I'm interested in, and at a more reasonable price point.

1 week later
#368 7 years ago

Really hoping for $6000 for a standard AFMR. Would really shake the market up!

#369 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

That would be nice, but new pricing from Stern and JJP probably just pulled the rug out from under any big price drop.

#370 7 years ago

Most definitely !

#371 7 years ago

I think we'll be lucky to see anything <$8000, not that I'd pay $8000. I'm be an AFMR buyer for around $6500-$7000 shipped.

#372 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm be an AFMR buyer for around $6500-$7000 shipped.

right on...be a big seller at that price.

#373 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm be an AFMR buyer for around $6500-$7000 shipped.

Me too if it's available sooner than later while I have money & a hole in my lineup. $8,000, no way.

#374 7 years ago

I'll buy a CCR in a heartbeat, one of my grail games for sure! With the continued code, it should be a heck of a lot of fun to play.

#375 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

That would be nice, but new pricing from Stern and JJP probably just pulled the rug out from under any big price drop.

Well, AFMR should be way cheaper to make than MMR.

What better way to pull the rug from under JJP and Stern than pricing near a Stern Pro?

$6000 standard.

$7000 LE.

They would sell twice the volume than if priced higher.

#376 7 years ago

What better way to pull the rug from under JJP and Stern than pricing near a Stern Pro?
$6000 standard.
$7000 LE.
They would sell twice the volume than if priced higher.

Afm is much better than any stern pro and has more going on than any stern pro so i wldnt count on it being that cheap. Why everyone thinks it dont have as much parts compared to mm is not all true eaither. Afm has a good bit of stuff like the strobe light and board. 4 martians, ship and special light board and bracket assembly, subway, vuk, scoop assembly, motorized drop target bank, 3 ramps, martian ships, wireforms, 9 targets and then all the regular stuff pops, slings , 3 diverters , flippers and so on . I dont think it will b much cheaper to make than mmr except for the board set technology cost and maybe some common parts. Id think it b around 7500 for standard and maybe 8k for one with color , powdercoat, shaker .

#377 7 years ago

I am hoping for a AFMr I just got MMR and love it. AFM is second on my list for sure

#378 7 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

I am hoping for a AFMr I just got MMR and love it. AFM is second on my list for sure

Afm is amazing and my favorite pin over mm and mb . Theres just something about it thats awesome and to me a perfect pin . The strobe mb in complete darkness is just awesome .

#379 7 years ago

Way cheaper?

How so? Where is all the extra cost in MM compared to AFM? The castle is not going to be that much more expensive. What do you consider to be "way cheaper?"

#380 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Afm is much better than any stern pro and has more going on than any stern pro so i wldnt count on it being that cheap. Why everyone thinks it dont have as much parts compared to mm is not all true eaither. Afm has a good bit of stuff like the strobe light and board. 4 martians, ship and special light board and bracket assembly, subway, vuk, scoop assembly, motorized drop target bank, 3 ramps, martian ships, wireforms, 9 targets and then all the regular stuff pops, slings , 3 diverters , flippers and so on . I dont think it will b much cheaper to make than mmr except for the board set technology cost and maybe some common parts. Id think it b around 7500 for standard and maybe 8k for one with color , powdercoat, shaker .

Quoted from RobT:

Way cheaper?
How so? Where is all the extra cost in MM compared to AFM? The castle is not going to be that much more expensive. What do you consider to be "way cheaper?"

Thats what im trying to explain here .....

2 months later
#381 7 years ago

So, no announcement any time soon?

#382 7 years ago

Fingers X its Monster Bash...MB.... or Cactus Canyon CCR....Revised. ? Either one is good to me... Happy owner of MMR LE...

#383 7 years ago

Wake up people, part of the deal with Stern to produce remakes for CGC is that CGC will not under cut Sterns current pricing model. AFM will be $7000-8000 with extra bling! Am I in the know??? Fuck no, but this is common sense for anyone who has run a business or negotiated anything. Big thanks to Rick for participating in this thread, feel free to shoot me down if I am off on my assumptions. Cannot wait to see the revised dots on AFM! Remember how much you were willing to pay for that upgrade.......Well all of you MMR buyers just showed your cards in the ultimate pinball poker match.

#384 7 years ago

Pretty sure that it's known at this point that Stern is not assembling the next title.

#385 7 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Pretty sure that it's known at this point that Stern is not assembling the next title.

Thanks Steve, so who is producing? I haven't followed this much as AFM doesn't really interest me. Honestly, if Stern is not producing I would be concerned as a buyer. They may not be perfect, but they are the best around.

#386 7 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

so who is producing?

Chicago Gaming.

LTG : )

#387 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Chicago Gaming.
LTG : )

Oh wow, this AFM remake just got interesting for this clueless Dark Knight! Maybe we can hit a competitive price point after all. I guess it makes sense, especially if they plan on doing a number of remakes.

1 week later
#388 7 years ago

When will this come to market?
Any announcements planned?
With such a large financial commitment you would think they would start to roll out the official rumor mill.

#389 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Way cheaper?

Development of their board system, for a start. Assembly time should be considerably lower too.

#390 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Development of their board system, for a start. Assembly time should be considerably lower too.

project and logistical management seemed to be their biggest problems... taking away their stern crutch isn't going to help them anymore on that front. Savings on the R&D front aren't going to go into price decreases... they will make up for the lack of margin in the first project.

While having more control over their assembly scheduling should help... unless they do something to address the problems that Stern's strict requirements exposed.. the problems are only going to get worse when you don't have the pro overseeing you.

Just look at the slippage we have right now... from Oct to Jan? Their goal of what level of completeness before announcement didn't change.. So their target of Oct... has slipped till now and beyond.. before they hit an objective they thought they could make back in Oct/Nov.

I wouldn't expect anymore smooth (or cheap) of a trip this time around.. the only change is going to be the time window between announcement and attempts at production.

#391 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Rick

hasnt he been saying this for years?
Will he still be saying it in 2020?

#392 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

widely reported it's AFM. Pretty much confirmed.

Nostradamus

#393 7 years ago

Even Rick said that it was a poorly guarded secret.

#394 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What I don't understand is the push by some to get Rick to spill the beans when MMr is still selling.

#395 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

What I don't understand is the push by some to get Rick to spill the beans when MMr is still selling.

Drama to satiate people's boredom from their own personal lives.

PPS formal release statement will be provided when:

1) The game is ready to be reproduced including all parts in hand, and construction contract in place
2) The market supports the release for maximum profitability, based on the "ebb and flow" of releases
3) Advertisement program is prepared

Pinball machines rely on hype, short timelines, and immediate production to maximize profit. When the hype dies, the title begins to fade from the NIB shiny toy box eyes of new buyers.

Anything less is just leads to reduced viability of sales.
If an enthusiast want examples of poor preparation and mistakes, there are plenty of game titles to compare as an example in the past five years up to the present.

#396 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

And yet we have the title of this very thread...

#397 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Drama to satiate people's boredom from their own personal lives.

Could be

PPS formal release statement will be provided when:
1) The game is ready to be reproduced including all parts in hand, and construction contract in place
2) The market supports the release for maximum profitability, based on the "ebb and flow" of releases
3) Advertisement program is prepared
Pinball machines rely on hype, short timelines, and immediate production to maximize profit. When the hype dies, the title begins to fade from the NIB shiny toy box eyes of new buyers.
Anything less is just leads to reduced viability of sales. If an enthusiasts want examples of poor preparation,there are plenty of games to compare in the past five years.

No doubt.

4 weeks later
#398 7 years ago

Well.... I gave in and bought a CCC locally. Yessss I know I should have waited for the remake when it comes out in 2030. Heck I probably be dead by then anyway. But there is hope! I will put it in my Will for my CCC to be given away on Pinside! (after im gone of corse) You will just have to wait til 2030!

#399 7 years ago

congrats

#400 7 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Well.... I gave in and bought a CCC locally.

Cool. That game looked nice.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
8,995 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
7,500 (Firm)
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball
Armor and blades
$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 49.99
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
8,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
There are 573 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-remake-has-to-be-cactus-canyon/page/8?hl=sshughes75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.