download (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpeg
6ebc30db82c75b8becab8cb4a239639de7675c6b.jpg (resized).png
331d416bf31adad2d08235d79701c091b3dc10dd (resized).jpg
6ada9fabab9298cd25ca433a02661f377071dd0a (resized).jpg
big-bad-john-cowboy-costume-big-chaps (resized).jpg
image.jpeg
addtext_com_MTcwMDQzMzMwODA (resized).jpg
There are 573 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.
#251 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Boston pinball puts a used one at $7300--Ebay avg sales, Mr. Pinball puts it at $8300! for a VGC Shopped game...apparently some people are paying that kind of money... so why wouldn't they ask that much for a brand new AFM?

Because that price includes rarity. They don't come up often, and since it was a game that earned lots are routed and beat to shit, so a nice one commands a premium. You can't just get one off the shelf, and you pay for that.

But a remake isn't rare, or hard to find, and they're all nice. It's one of the most stripped down games of its era, there's really not much to it. If you charge me $8k for it then I'll pass all day and twice on Sundays.

MMr worked because people were paying stupid money for originals. My friend sold his nicely restored one for $20k. Twenty thousand. That's how the demand worked. So the remake seemed like a deal.

A $8,000 Attack From Mars is not a deal.

#252 7 years ago

Theatre of Magic is the only logical remake. Heck, Jpop's not going to do it.

#253 7 years ago

It may very well be AFMr, but I agree with people here. It's a mistake at 8k. 8k was a deal for a NIB MM. Hell, beaters were running 8k before the announcement. A nice one was running 12-15k, and there were a few super nice ones that did touch the 20k range.

You can get a nice AFM right now for 7k. You can get a good one for less. Some people may shell out 8k for a NIB, but most who want the game will just buy a nice original for less without the wait.

CC, or BBB, or King Pin. All better choices. The games are all over 10k. People who want they wouldn't be able to give their money away fast enough at 8k for a NIB.

MB might work too, but a nice MB is in that 8-9k range. About even with the 8k remakes.

CC actually made the most buisness sense in my mind, but hell what do I know. If it is AFMr, I just hope if the sales numbers flop, it doesn't stop CC or one of the other big money games from being done.

#254 7 years ago
Quoted from GRR:

beaters were running 8k before the announcement.

They were running $10K + when MMR was announced.

LTG : )

#255 7 years ago
Quoted from GRR:

You can get a nice AFM right now for 7k. You can get a good one for less. Some people may shell out 8k for a NIB, but most who want the game will just buy a nice original for less without the wait.

As the many threads on pinside have shown there are those who want originals and there are those who want NIB remakes of the originals. Polls on the subject show an even split. I personally prefer a NIB remake but I also understand and respect the originalists' mentality as well. Bottom line its nice to have choices, everyone gets what they want. As an MMr owner I was so happy with the quality of that machine that I told my distro to put me down for every PPS/CGC game that will be released.

#256 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

no dispute, but they will sell. You've been watching pinball prices in the past few years I assume? The question is: Will an $8k AFMr sell? It will. Christ, guys are wetting themselves over a Batman rehash with no actual info when Stern's playfields are having issues.

#257 7 years ago

Yeah, I'm coming around to the idea that people will pay $8400 (that's with color of course) for a NIB AFM remake.

Why wouldn't they?

There's more stupid money coming into the hobby every day. If there's a crash it'll happen across the board, but if there isn't, plenty will pay MMR prices for a new AFM. After all, it's a better game than MM, and it's a better game than anything else you can buy brand new.

#258 7 years ago

I will be really surprised if they sell alot of afm remakes at 8000. I just don't see it at all. Once you pay for shipping and add a few cool toys most guys will have over 9000 in it. Of course they sell some but not even close to medieval, no way especially since they will be unlimited and not hard to find now.

#259 7 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I still don't understand how a MB remake is even possible given the licensing issues of those proprietary characters that aren't owned by B/W. Even if they get B/W sign off, wouldn't they have to go around to the owners of Frankenstien, Dracula, etc, to get their sign off? Sounds like a licensing nightmare.

not sure why you would think that, when The Pinball Arcade was able to license them from Universal no problem, and almost certainly on a smaller budget than Rick has to work with.

#260 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

not sure why you would think that, when The Pinball Arcade was able to license them from Universal no problem, and almost certainly on a smaller budget than Rick has to work with.

Everybody is an expert, on Bill of Materials, Licensing fees, production costs...

#261 7 years ago

Deleted - wrong thread sorry

#262 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

As the many threads on pinside have shown there are those who want originals and there are those who want NIB remakes of the originals. Polls on the subject show an even split. I personally prefer a NIB remake but I also understand and respect the originalists' mentality as well. Bottom line its nice to have choices, everyone gets what they want. As an MMr owner I was so happy with the quality of that machine that I told my distro to put me down for every PPS/CGC game that will be released.

If you are happy with quality of an MMr and you like that NIB fresh smell, go for it. Talking with guys who really know the game, seems the quality and play is not quite up to the original, but, given it was there first time out, not totally unexpected. Most folks won't notice the issues/differences, so, what you don't know won't hurt you.

While I agree with many that hard to see too many titles other than MM having huge demand at these prices for a remake, after the last few years, nothing in regards to what folks will pay now shocks me, for example, folks pouting money down on a game they have not seen and has no price set. My mother used to say 'everyone is funny about money', you just never know how somehow else will choose to spend their money, whether they can afford to or not.

I would expect that this time around the color will be included in the price. They need to show some added value at an $8,000 price point and hard to see them playing the 'well, it might be included' card again, since that will be translated by most to 'not included'. Would also be nice to see some new rules or other features added, again, to create some value over an original.

Regardless, while I had money on an MMr for a little while, (having been caught up in the expo announcement/excitement) I don't see any other old title that I would be willing to drop $8K+ on. Again, everyone is funny about money.

#263 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Talking with guys who really know the game, seems the quality and play is not quite up to the original

Couldn't disagree more with this statement, nor will I get into that debate. You could ask the owners in the owners thread and I am sure you will see for yourself.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed

#264 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

If you are happy with quality of an MMr and you like that NIB fresh smell, go for it. Talking with guys who really know the game, seems the quality and play is not quite up to the original, but, given it was there first time out, not totally unexpected. Most folks won't notice the issues/differences, so, what you don't know won't hurt you.
While I agree with many that hard to see too many titles other than MM having huge demand at these prices for a remake, after the last few years, nothing in regards to what folks will pay now shocks me, for example, folks pouting money down on a game they have not seen and has no price set. My mother used to say 'everyone is funny about money', you just never know how somehow else will choose to spend their money, whether they can afford to or not.
I would expect that this time around the color will be included in the price. They need to show some added value at an $8,000 price point and hard to see them playing the 'well, it might be included' card again, since that will be translated by most to 'not included'. Would also be nice to see some new rules or other features added, again, to create some value over an original.
Regardless, while I had money on an MMr for a little while, (having been caught up in the expo announcement/excitement) I don't see any other old title that I would be willing to drop $8K+ on. Again, everyone is funny about money.

there have been some cosmetic issues, but i haven't really heard anyone say the gameplay is inferior.

#265 7 years ago

I played an MMR at Pinburgh. As much as I wanted to hate it I have to say it's play was indistinguishable from any other shopped out, well-tended MM I've played.

I thought it was odd the screen was green and the tearing was STILL clearly visible but I trust they've fixed that an the code hadn't been updated? Please?

#266 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

no dispute, but they will sell. You've been watching pinball prices in the past few years I assume? The question is: Will an $8k AFMr sell? It will. Christ, guys are wetting themselves over a Batman rehash with no actual info when Stern's playfields are having issues.

The hobbit, Batman 66, or any other Stern LE etc are a completely different thing when it comes to price justification.

The big difference is. There is no other choice for these titles. If you want a Batman 66, you have to buy it from Stern. There aren't 1000's of them on the secondary market. You have to decide between paying what Stern or JJP wants or not having the game.

With an AFMr priced at 8k, you have more options. I could buy a nice used one for 6-7k, or I could pay probaby 8-9k to my door for a NIB remake. Some will choose the NIB I'm sure, but many will take the 6-7k option.

When MMr came out there was no 6-7k option. It's was much more like buying a new Stern LE. Your choices were. Pay 10k for an original or pay 8k for a NIB remake. The choice was far more weighted towards buying a remake.

#267 7 years ago
Quoted from GRR:

completely different thing when it comes to price justification.

bigger point is, apparently there is lots of money out there. Economy is booming I guess. People are excited about dropping money all over pinball. We'll see if AFMr is the same price as MMr. Probably will be, because, even if sales #'s are lower that MMr they will still make a LOT of money on it.

#268 7 years ago

Cactus Canyon would be logical choice for remake. Fewer made, better game than AFM. But, in my opinion you won't see any more remakes. They didn't reach the numbers they were expecting for MMR to make this a profitable venture again. Price point to high, not everyone has 8K to blow on a machine. You can buy a car for that much.

#269 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

They didn't reach the numbers they were expecting for MMR to make this a profitable venture again.

? What #'s do you have? No inside knowledge here but they did sell 1000 LE's at 8k. And now they have the infrastructure and experience from game #1. That would lead me to think it would be cheaper/easier to make more...

#270 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Cactus Canyon would be logical choice for remake. Fewer made, better game than AFM. But, in my opinion you won't see any more remakes. They didn't reach the numbers they were expecting for MMR to make this a profitable venture again. Price point to high, not everyone has 8K to blow on a machine. You can buy a car for that much.

lol ... the stuff you guys write ... like you know ...

#271 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

lol ... the stuff you guys write ... like you know ...

In the corner....head down..forgive me..
That is a lot of MMR! Congrats to the team. Are they still making MMR?
Would love to see Cactus Canyon. Sign me up then!

#272 7 years ago

If they remade CC, with its existing code, it would be a travesty. The game just isn't good. Rare? Yes. Great game? No.

Rick said they'd be remaking it down the road but with improved code. They aren't going to do that next. These guys go for the low hanging fruit. MMR was easy. Not a cheap BOM but a super-easy sell at $8k. Market was dying for it. Next machine will be AFMr, which has a cheaper BOM and they can sell for cheaper (they'd be nuts thinking they can get for AFMr what they got for MMR). Then they will go back to the higher cost but heavily in demand stuff and make Monster Bash for $8K. Bank on it.

One thing these guys at PPS/CGC need to watch for are increasingly better games coming out of Stern. With Ghostbusters and Metallica especially, those titles feature deeper play and are a lot of fun, diverting money away from buyers who'd otherwise spend the $6k/$8k for a PPS remake. I can tell you I own MMR and Metallica and I've beaten the living p*ss out of MMR. I still play it, but Metallica Pro is a better game and never gets old. It's Stern's masterpiece and will likely go down as their Addams Family, so to speak...a game everyone wants to own and never gets rid of.

#273 7 years ago

There is nothing to this machine. AFMr only makes sense to me if it is cheaper, something to compete with Stern pro pricing. A new machine that an operator can buy and put on the floor. None of the newer companies seem to be playing in that space.

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

If they remade CC, with its existing code, it would be a travesty. The game just isn't good. Rare? Yes. Great game? No.
Rick said they'd be remaking it down the road but with improved code. They aren't going to do that next. These guys go for the low hanging fruit. MMR was easy. Not a cheap BOM but a super-easy sell at $8k. Market was dying for it. Next machine will be AFMr, which has a cheaper BOM and they can sell for cheaper (they'd be nuts thinking they can get for AFMr what they got for MMR). Then they will go back to the higher cost but heavily in demand stuff and make Monster Bash for $8K. Bank on it.
One thing these guys at PPS/CGC need to watch for are increasingly better games coming out of Stern. With Ghostbusters and Metallica especially, those titles feature deeper play and are a lot of fun, diverting money away from buyers who'd otherwise spend the $6k/$8k for a PPS remake. I can tell you I own MMR and Metallica and I've beaten the living p*ss out of MMR. I still play it, but Metallica Pro is a better game and never gets old. It's Stern's masterpiece and will likely go down as their Addams Family, so to speak...a game everyone wants to own and never gets rid of.

I agree with a lot of your points but with regards to Metallica being a better game, I'm not sold on that. I do really, really like it despite not caring for most of the band's music but it certainly will not have as wide appeal as MM/r because of the polarizing theme. How many people hate Medieval stuff and humor?? But I do agree that with Heighway (especially if Aliens lives up to it's potential), JJP (PL's game) and others now pumping out great games too the market for B/W remakes may become more limited than it currently is.

#275 7 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

There is nothing to this machine. AFMr only makes sense to me if it is cheaper, something to compete with Stern pro pricing. A new machine that an operator can buy and put on the floor. None of the newer companies seem to be playing in that space.

well, typically, margins are tighter in the commodity segment versus luxury segment of a market. In the commodity segment, you've got to have serious volume to make it profitable. it's probably easier for a startup to compete with Stern at the high end rather than the low end.

#276 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

well, typically, margins are tighter in the commodity segment versus luxury segment of a market. In the commodity segment, you've got to have serious volume to make it profitable. it's probably easier for a startup to compete with Stern at the high end rather than the low end.

Totally agree and understand why most of the start ups are at the higher end of the market. But there is money at the low end too as even pro model pins aren't exactly like selling commodities. Especially when you are the only seller of that particular commodity. Stern has plenty of room in that model for profit. Commodity may not even be the correct analogy since that would indicate lots of competing sellers selling a common product.

An AFMr seems like it could fit the bill on that low end or are least get close to it. I wonder what other lower end pins they could sell down market? MB and CC would def be in the MMr category.

#277 7 years ago

For consideration in a home market (not operators).

No pinball machines are commodities in their pure sense, although they can be traded and are valuable.
There is no aspect of raw materials in this definition either.
Let me explain and provide some very important points.

All pinball machines are luxuries, not life necessities, in a non-commercial home environment.
That is what allows pinball manufacturers make profit, charge whatever they want, and cause the market to remain unstable and unpredictable. This is also why they are the "first thing to go" when economies shift downward.
This is the fundamental owners must learn and accept, as this will not change.
Expectations of what people believe is correct in application opposite against any other industry or hobby will cause poor assessments.

If a pinball machine was a necessity, there would be regulation regarding cost and quality of this industry, which to this point in the products manufacturing construction history has never fully existed.
Nobody is going to care if you picket Stern in front of their factory for better games, pricing, or preferred titles.

I spoke about the challenge of choosing "what title is best for remake next" a few posts ago.
It is a gambling not just in MRSP, but also in title.
Choose the wrong license, and a manufacturer is prone to lose millions of dollars.
Enthusiasts do not always seem to understand this fact, but there is a heavy impact on the entire market and industry when these events occur, including accelerating a market stall either out of distrust, disdain of cost, or simply lack of interest.
This is on top of a manufacturer declaring bankruptcy due to failure.
All pinball manufacturers right now other than Stern are only ONE game from failure at any time.
ONE GAME.
Stern has the ability to "recycle" titles to keep them afloat when times are tough (a tactic they have used repeatedly), but within a few years of a market cycle stall, they are in trouble as well, just like they were in 2007, only 3 years after release of LOTR. SM was the saving grace.

The more you understand about the market and history, the easier it is to predict where the future lies.
Relevancy?
PPS has to consider all the challenges I just mentioned before announcing ANYTHING.
This industry is not built on wishes, but can be built on dreams with a LOT of work.

#278 7 years ago

The entertainment industry is always the one holding the short end of the stick when the economy tanks. As long as Trump doesn't get elected, I'm assuming all will be well. I'm sure all the things you listed have already been through the minds of anyone or everyone that is involved in making these machines. I can't imagine the people making the remakes will go anywhere. PPS and Chicago gaming don't just rely on one game for their income. They are all companies that have been around for a while, which means they have their own ways of getting though rough times. If something happens it might take a lot longer, but I'd hope to see it get back on track.

you can call me stupid or naive, but I would much rather spend 8k on a new machine with new hardware. then spend 6k on a machine that is 20 years old with faded this, ghosting here or broken that. Then you wind up spending an extra 1000 or more + time getting it back to where you think it should be. Also take a look under the hood of a 8k stern game which is a 5k game with better paint, then at an JJP or PPS game the difference is obvious. Not saying I don't like stern, but quality makes a difference.

#279 7 years ago

I'm just glad too see WH20 is never going to get remade, well at least in the next 10 years anyway. I've just spent the better part of $4,000 on bits to restore it. No way I'd be doing that for the Titles below. Too much risk. No-one wants to dust down 200 hours labor and several grand to find out they could just wait and get something NIB!

.....These will all get remade in the next 10 years..... TOTAN, MB, AFM, TOM, AF, TZ, IJ, CV no particular order.

I would love to have/restore a TOTAN. But I'll wait until it gets remade.

WH20 looks a safe bet to hold it's value. One of the most parted out DMD games there ever was, and no remake.

Just watch what happens to the second hand prices of whatever gets made next as soon as it's announced. I wouldn't like to be right in the middle of a High End Restoration on MB, or AFM right now!
Different story if you want to get hold of an average or rough example, then you are on a winner.

#280 7 years ago
Quoted from WH20_Buzz:

I wouldn't like to be right in the middle of a High End Restoration on MB, or AFM right now!

From what I heard he is doing Medusa.

#281 7 years ago
Quoted from GRR:

It may very well be AFMr, but I agree with people here. It's a mistake at 8k. 8k was a deal for a NIB MM. Hell, beaters were running 8k before the announcement. A nice one was running 12-15k, and there were a few super nice ones that did touch the 20k range.
CC, or BBB, or King Pin. All better choices. The games are all over 10k. People who want they wouldn't be able to give their money away fast enough at 8k for a NIB.
MB might work too, but a nice MB is in that 8-9k range. About even with the 8k remakes.
CC actually made the most buisness sense in my mind, but hell what do I know. If it is AFMr, I just hope if the sales numbers flop, it doesn't stop CC or one of the other big money games from being done.

All true but I think there are still plenty that would rather have a NIB pin. Finding a great pin like AFM in great shape is not easy. Typically when one is for sale, it is not in your area so you have to take a chance that everything is in good order and nothing bad happens in delivery. Some people don't want to deal with that and money is not an issue. With NIB, all you have to do is call your distributor, write a check, and bam, it's in your game room delivered with a warranty.

#282 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Because that price includes rarity. They don't come up often, and since it was a game that earned lots are routed and beat to shit, so a nice one commands a premium. You can't just get one off the shelf, and you pay for that.
But a remake isn't rare, or hard to find, and they're all nice. It's one of the most stripped down games of its era, there's really not much to it. If you charge me $8k for it then I'll pass all day and twice on Sundays.
MMr worked because people were paying stupid money for originals. My friend sold his nicely restored one for $20k. Twenty thousand. That's how the demand worked. So the remake seemed like a deal.

I totally agree @ 8k it's no bargain, $6500 yes. Pin prices are getting ridiculous. My thing is if your going to remake or restore anything, the quality should be better from top to bottom,or don't bother

#283 7 years ago

Next Game is AFMR ,

#284 7 years ago

I think at $7,000 AFM would work, especially given the possibility to offer a discount if they do the dots over again. They wouldn't sell a huge amount, but given they are not producing them, it makes sense for them to charge more and produce less. When MMR was released I was excited to pay $8,000 and I ordered one instantly. The wait caused me to cancel my order and now that the game is out, there is no way I will pay $8,000. That being said, there is zero chance I would pay $8,000 for a AFM. It's all good and as always I love that these games are being remade and I am excited for the hobby whatever the price point will be. Go PPS!!

#285 7 years ago

I'm surprised we don't at least know the price yet, if its 8000 it will be a flop. Some will be willing to pay 8000 for a new in the box afm but not that many is my guess. Its only new until its set up and played. Once that happens its just another used afm.

#286 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

All true but I think there are still plenty that would rather have a NIB pin. Finding a great pin like AFM in great shape is not easy. Typically when one is for sale, it is not in your area so you have to take a chance that everything is in good order and nothing bad happens in delivery. Some people don't want to deal with that and money is not an issue. With NIB, all you have to do is call your distributor, write a check, and bam, it's in your game room delivered with a warranty.

Actually it's more like write a check, then wait, then write another check and then wait some more. At least that's the way MMr went down for the majority of buyers. Hopefully they don't repeat that experience.

#287 7 years ago

How much has MMr hurt the resale value of the original MM? I know the crazy numbers of $11,000-$12,000 or gone, but don't they still sell for $8,500-$10,000? So maybe 10%?

#288 7 years ago

I hope it will be announced at the Chicago Expo -- I am positive it will be AFMR -- But the price is going to be key and I am sure I will get one one the list for the 8,000 if that is the case -- Excited that there is someone out there that is remaking these and hopefully the market keeps going and they do more like Catus Canyon, Monster Bash (WHICH I THINK WILL BE THE THIRD GAME REMAKE), BBB (I have one -- but wishfull for alot of others out there that would like to have one and at a good price), and others

#289 7 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

I'm surprised we don't at least know the price yet, if its 8000 it will be a flop.

It's annoying how you guys play this game of what you're not going to pay if it's this price, blah, blah, blah....

What will sell if it's this price, what will not sell if it's this price, blah, blah, blah....

None of the manufacturers are listening or care because history has shown that collectors will always buy it.....regardless of the price!!!

It's a waste of time, arrogant and.......laughable!!!!

#290 7 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

None of the manufacturers are listening or care because history has shown that collectors will always buy it.....regardless of the price!!!

I think price does matter. For example if they priced it to what it would cost someone for an HEP original restoration, I would imagine that the "collectors" you are referring to would choose the HEP restore hands down. Nothing wrong with remakes at all, I hope a lot of tables get remade, but I do think that price will matter.

#291 7 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

I think price does matter.

Twelve years ago when Wayne was going to remake MM and CC, price did matter.

Not anymore.

The continued price hike, with games still selling out proves this.

#292 7 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Does it really matter? It seemed like it took forever to get the machines made. I own both a Hobbit and a MmR but I bought someone else's slot. There's no way I could.wait that long. It's crazy.

Um, you waited as long as they did plus the amount of time they had it before you bought it off them.....

#293 7 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Um, you waited as long as they did plus the amount of time they had it before you bought it off them.....

Exactly why I don't mind waiting, but then again a 1k deposit isn't a butt load of money for me. I'm waiting right now, only difference is I have no real info and I have to keep checking back to see when they will announce so they can take my money.

With the mmr I gave em 1k and forgot about it till they called me and asked for the rest of the money, it was a nice little surprise.

Just out of curiosity JJP suspected 4th game is toy story, muppets or something what is the third supposed to be?

#294 7 years ago

With the price of re-makes, more differentiation could be expected.

A proper backglass for AFMR would be pretty cool.

#295 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

With the price of re-makes, more differentiation could be expected.
A proper backglass for AFMR would be pretty cool.

I'd expect them to include the 3D version as a way to help justify the price, but that's probably delusional thinking on my part.

#296 7 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I'd expect them to include the 3D version as a way to help justify the price, but that's probably delusional thinking on my part.

I don't think they will need to justify an $8k price point. I would wager there are plenty of people who have dreamed about having a brand new AFM. Their choice is $8k for new or 7k+ for decent unrestored original.

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Their choice is $8k for new or 7k+ for decent unrestored original.

100% true...you have to dig long and hard to find many that sold under 7k that didn't have playfield wear and worn to hell scoop area...as well as cab fade etc.

Whether the game is actually worth 7k is a different discussion.

#298 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Whether the game is actually worth 7k is a different discussion.

In this market?

I think the best game ever made for $7K is more than fair.

People have actually paid more than that for Ghostbusters!!!

I know, makes no sense.

#299 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

In this market?
I think the best game ever made for $7K is more than fair.
People have actually paid more than that for Ghostbusters!!!
I know, makes no sense.

Agreed, I think people will be using the same reasoning as when MMr was announced.

I can get one of the best games ever with cool trim and shaker brand new for $8k or I can get the latest unproven LE machine with unknown issues and unfinished code for not much less or the premium model that also wouldn't cost much less after adding shaker, trim, etc..

#300 7 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Just out of curiosity JJP suspected 4th game is toy story, muppets or something what is the third supposed to be?

Muppets or Bond, I think.

Re: remakes, I'm assuming next 3 will be AFMr, then MBr or CC(C)r, then BBBr.

My main hope is that they bring the price down whilst maintaining quality of materials, and move the manufacturing away from what is quickly becoming a horror show at Stern.

Of the first wave, a BBBr with new code and modes, high res dots, sound, light show and higher quality models (dancers etc) would likely be the one for me.

Regarding 2.0 project kits, I think FAST still intend to resurrect Funhouse, which could be awesome, and CV could be nice too. In CV's case it would probably make more sense to do a CVr with new code and dots, and a 2.0 kit for existing ones simultaneously, given that practically all of them are with collectors now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 573 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.