download (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpeg
6ebc30db82c75b8becab8cb4a239639de7675c6b.jpg (resized).png
331d416bf31adad2d08235d79701c091b3dc10dd (resized).jpg
6ada9fabab9298cd25ca433a02661f377071dd0a (resized).jpg
big-bad-john-cowboy-costume-big-chaps (resized).jpg
image.jpeg
addtext_com_MTcwMDQzMzMwODA (resized).jpg
There are 573 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.
#451 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

cc is a rare pin, once it gets remade, it will lose its high value/collectability fast.

Doubt it. They’re not making 12,000 of them. But I guess it’s how you look at it. Yes the original pins will take a hit on its value. And this goes for both CC and BBB. However what’s there target sales numbers to make the remake profitable? 500/1000/1500?
Even if they reach these numbers it will still be on the slightly rare side. Can’t wait to play a brand new CC or BBB!

#452 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

My AFM was. Not my MMR.
Happy new year by the way whthrs166

And to you and yours frankmac !

#453 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Doubt it. They’re not making 12,000 of them. But I guess it’s how you look at it. Yes the original pins will take a hit on its value. And this goes for both CC and BBB. However what’s there target sales numbers to make the remake profitable? 500/1000/1500?
Even if they reach these numbers it will still be on the slightly rare side. Can’t wait to play a brand new CC or BBB!

Agreed! I have an original now and I truly hope CC is remade because I want everyone to be able to play and experience this pin on the "Continued" level

#454 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Agreed! I have an original now and I truly hope CC is remade because I want everyone to be able to play and experience this pin on the "Continued" level

I agree, however, it will be interesting to see the differences in the new codes they come up with.
It may be three completely different games from an Original to CCC and the remake.

#455 6 years ago

Amen to that! So I am excited to see what CGC comes up with!

#456 6 years ago

Please please please CGC make CC your next remake. Please please please.

#457 6 years ago

You need to say pretty please

#458 6 years ago

The remake will only be CC, not CCC, if they remake it.

#459 6 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

The remake will only be CC, not CCC, if they remake it.

Do you have new inside information from what has previously been mentioned in this thread? Rick has “hinted” but not confirmed at the possibilities of something expanded from original CC code. He could just be taking about enhanced lighting or other enhancements... or he could be talking about taking a route similar (but not necessarily the same) as CCC.

Quoted from PPS:

We have original CC source code as has been documented before ... won't go into what software strategy will be used as that would tip our hand on other projects planned ...

Quoted from PPS:

no. If there were to be a CCr it makes no sense to try to develop it in super old generation software and platform WPC95. Each remake will have more and more new capabilities that will be enabled by the CGC remake software platform ... that's about all I will say about it.

Quoted from PPS:

CCR is in the queue to be done at some point and will have new re-written and extended code ... just cannot say when and in what order and of course always subject to change with CGC.

Quoted from PPS:

completely wrong assumption. Re-writing code just takes more linear time of 1-2 people ... given the game code, display, and sounds for the base game are done, it's not a huge effort ... it won't take years, and it won't add alot of cost to the game ... oy.

#460 6 years ago

Well put me down on that there list then. CCR is one of my all time favorites!

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg

#461 6 years ago

Please please CC and not MB otherwise I have to sell at least one of my loved ones in order to afford a MBrLE...

#462 6 years ago

I have a friend that has some inside info that told me last night it was confirmed to him that the remakes were MB in March and CC in September! So it looks like we are getting Both Baby! This gonna be an exciting year!

#463 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well put me down on that there list then. CCR is one of my all time favorites

Their not worth much without John!

#464 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Do you have new inside information from what has previously been mentioned in this thread? Rick has “hinted” but not confirmed at the possibilities of something expanded from original CC code. He could just be taking about enhanced lighting or other enhancements... or he could be talking about taking a route similar (but not necessarily the same) as CCC.

None of those quotes even hint at using CCC software. It won't happen. Software will be standard CC with maybe some slight updates or changes.

#465 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

None of those quotes even hint at using CCC software. It won't happen. Software will be standard CC with maybe some slight updates or changes.

Most likely. It will be interesting to see what they have in mind.

#466 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I have a friend that has some inside info that told me last night it was confirmed to him that the remakes were MB in March and CC in September! So it looks like we are getting Both Baby! This gonna be an exciting year!

This is what I hear.

I think they have to update code on CC or it kills it for me, i would rather just have a original with cont. Software.

#467 6 years ago

I think we agree then. I don’t think I said or inferred that they would be using CCC software. I just read them (and wrote) they they will be doing something to the original code to “enhance” it. Pretty sure those original quotes do more than hint at that.

#468 6 years ago

Totally and completely agree with this statement.

#469 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I think they have to update code on CC or it kills it for me, i would rather just have a original with cont. Software.

CCC is great but there is no way it would come home "intact" because of the licensed music it uses (for Cowboys and Aliens) plus the assets and sounds it borrows from other licensed games (Tribute modes) and if you can't have those modes then Continued is hardly Continued at all!

That said... I would much rather have a remake with "Continued-style" software than an original with the same, if just to get rid of the PROC controller and all the mini PC and Linux issues. I have a CCC here right now and I just dread that any time that thing boots up might be it's last, lol. MMR doesn't feel all that different than the PROC to be honest, but also feels much more stable.

#470 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

That said... I would much rather have a remake with "Continued-style" software than an original with the same, if just to get rid of the PROC controller and all the mini PC and Linux issues. I have a CCC here right now and I just dread that any time that thing boots up might be it's last, lol. MMR doesn't feel all that different than the PROC to be honest, but also feels much more stable.

I don't have any of that with mine. It boots just fine and feels very stable. That being said, the remake will resemble closely my AFMr which is a good product.
As far as values, time will tell on how successful the remake program will be (how many games they will actually sell) and how well the product will hold up long term. (original W/B have the test of time) If the product becomes less than desirable in such a way that the originals are wanted instead, then the values of the original W/B games will persevere. Some folks are already betting on that and buying up the originals that are being sold off.

#471 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I think they have to update code on CC or it kills it for me, i would rather just have a original with cont. Software

Totally Agree. I wonder since they are releasing the two, that there is some doubt about selling enough of the CCr.

#472 6 years ago

Re: MBr in March and CCr around Expo time ... I seriously doubt their ability to meet demand for MMr, AFMr, MBr *and* CCr in 2018.

From what Doug has said on these boards, it seems like at year end they under shot the production numbers aimed at earlier in the year by quite a large margin - though obviously still a huge achievement, starting from zero.

If there aren't going to be long waits for just the first three titles, they'll have to really ramp up production. Add CCr as well in the same year as MBr ... I'm a bit doubtful about that. Particularly as I think there will be a ton of new orders for MMr once the larger screen option is available.

#473 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Re: MBr in March and CCr around Expo time ... I seriously doubt their ability to meet demand for MMr, AFMr, MBr *and* CCr in 2018.
From what Doug has said on these boards, it seems like at year end they under shot the production numbers aimed at earlier in the year by quite a large margin - though obviously still a huge achievement, starting from zero.
If there aren't going to be long waits for just the first three titles, they'll have to really ramp up production. Add CCr as well in the same year as MBr ... I'm a bit doubtful about that. Particularly as I think there will be a ton of new orders for MMr once the larger screen option is available.

As I said before, you can look for CGC to open up a second line for pinball. Didn't think it would happen until 2019 but looks like it will happen late this year if they are putting CCr into the mix. Agree with you that MMR will pick up a lot of new sales if they put the large screen as an option.

#474 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

As I said before, you can look for CGC to open up a second line for pinball. Didn't think it would happen until 2019 but looks like it will happen late this year if they are putting CCr into the mix. Agree with you that MMR will pick up a lot of new sales if they put the large screen as an option.

I agree, it looks like they're going to go all in, and new lines are probably to be expected.

But running 4 titles just 18 months after starting pinball production, and meeting demand for all 4? That seems quite ambitious ..

#475 6 years ago

I see one a year.

#476 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

CCC is great but there is no way it would come home "intact" because of the licensed music it uses (for Cowboys and Aliens) plus the assets and sounds it borrows from other licensed games (Tribute modes) and if you can't have those modes then Continued is hardly Continued at all!

Do you have a backup? I know Robert winter sold his with a backup hard drive or whatever

#477 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I seriously doubt their ability to meet demand for MMr, AFMr, MBr *and* CCr in 2018

This is already in Motion.... From What I am told. And their plan is to build indefinitely.... We will see...

#478 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Agree with you that MMR will pick up a lot of new sales if they put the large screen as an option.

Define A Lot. (a lot to us and a lot to them can be on different ends of the spectrum) They are not selling well right now. There are a lot of unknowns at this point. I think these guys have a plan to produce multiple models from this year on...

#479 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Define A Lot. (a lot to us and a lot to them can be on different ends of the spectrum) They are not selling well right now. There are a lot of unknowns at this point. I think these guys have a plan to produce multiple models from this year on...

Have you heard something new regarding the large display screen coming to MMr. My understanding is they are working on this as a possible upgrade to existing machines, but won’t be offering it directly installed at the factory for new machines. Here is a post from Doug back in the summer on the Production thread:

Quoted from CGC_DougS:

5. Let me try to settle some myths: a) the MMR Standard Edition will remain exactly as we have produced it to date. In other words, it will not include the large display. b)We are working on an option to upgrade anyone’s current game. c) It is not as simply as changing out the display panel….let me save you a bunch of time and effort. d) There are no current plans for another model. More on this to come in the future.

Regards,
Doug Skor

#480 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Have you heard something new regarding the large display screen coming to MMr. My understanding is they are working on this as a possible upgrade to existing machines, but won’t be offering it directly installed at the factory for new machines. Here is a post from Doug back in the summer on the Production thread:

It's highly unlikely that they would make new customers upgrade from standard to a larger display. That would be off-putting. It'd just be offered as standard for a higher price. Like the standard / SE AFMr.

Since that post, he's recently confirmed it is being actively worked on, but it's not ready to show yet.

#481 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Haven't they already produced over 500 MMr units in the last 9 months, and there are long waiting times for new ones? Given how much demand for both AFMr and MMr seems to be exceeding supply at the moment, I'd say that's selling quite well.

Unless they can seriously ramp production, and quickly, especially with a title that will likely be as popular as MBr, 4 titles in production next year will just exacerbate that situation.

If they can't meet demand, then there's literally no point adding another machine to the line.

#482 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

As far as values, time will tell on how successful the remake program will be (how many games they will actually sell) and how well the product will hold up long term. (original W/B have the test of time) If the product becomes less than desirable in such a way that the originals are wanted instead, then the values of the original W/B games will persevere. Some folks are already betting on that and buying up the originals that are being sold off.

This is an interesting thought with merit and one that I hadn't considered. I like to learn and have an open mind to things and I will be following this.

Quoted from whthrs166:

I think these guys have a plan to produce multiple models from this year on...

I completely agree and its fits with Planetary's recent announcement of games coming soon. Chicago Gaming ultimately wants that factory humming 24/7 and having multiple titles would accomplish this.

Edit: But Rubberducks makes some valid points.

#483 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

MMr seems to be exceeding supply at the moment,

This is not what I am being told, that's all I am saying....

#484 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It's highly unlikely that they would make new customers upgrade from standard to a larger display. That would be off-putting. It'd just be offered as standard for a higher price. Like the standard / SE AFMr.
Since that post, he's recently confirmed it is being actively worked on, but it's not ready to show yet.

Doug has confirmed that they are working on an upgrade but I’ve never seen him say they are going to offer it directly from the factory. I’ve only seen him post that they specifically won’t do that. Don’t get me wrong, I would love it if they did since I would get one in a heartbeat. But it might off-putting for original customers if they offer a potentially better machine now. I think that’s why they’ve decided to go the upgrade route for everyone instead.

Here are his latest posts regarding this that I could find:

Quoted from CGC_DougS:

• We hear the cry for the enlarged screen on the MMR...we do listen to the market. Having said this it is not just an easy change of the display/speaker panel. At CGC we might walk a little slower and more methodically, but in the end we do find the right solution. More on this to come.

Doug Skor

Quoted from CGC_DougS:

4. We are still working on the MMR display/speaker panel upgrade. It’s not as simple as one might think and in order to it correctly, it going to take some time. More on this to come in 2018.
Regards,
Doug Skor

#485 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Doug has confirmed that they are working on an upgrade but I’ve never seen him say they are going to offer it directly from the factory. I’ve only seen him post that they specifically won’t do that. Don’t get me wrong, I would love it if they did since I would get one in a heartbeat.
Here are his latest posts regarding this that I could find:

Why would they force new customers on day one of their ownership to junk their speaker panel, LCD, possibly speakers, and possibly other parts (wiring harnesses etc) for a new one?

It would be a total waste and wouldn't go over well.

Imagine if the SE and LE AFMr relied on an upgrade kit, where you binned your original display and speaker panel? That would have gone down like a lead balloon.

No new customer wants to pay for both.

The unused parts would be virtually worthless, too, since there's no secondary market for them - aren't compatible with original MMs, speaker panels aren't going to fail, and past the initial honeymoon period, LCDs are quite unlikely to fail.

#486 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Why would they force new customers on day one of their ownership to junk their speaker panel, LCD, possibly speakers, and possibly other parts (wiring harnesses etc) for a new one?
Imagine if the SE and LE AFMr relied on an upgrade kit, where you binned your original display and speaker panel? That would have gone down like a lead balloon.

I agree with you. It would be a waste of time, money, and resources. The only reason would be not to offend their original customers. But based on Doug’s posts that’s my understanding of what their plans are unless they change their mind.

#487 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

I agree with you. It would be a waste of time, money, and resources. The only reason would be not to offend their original customers. But based on Doug’s posts that’s my understanding of what their plans are unless they change their mind.

I would imagine he just doesn't want to say too much, as, as you say, someone will get their knickers in a twist.

Offering a discount to those who've bought the coloured upgrade is certainly warranted. Particularly as I think the chips associated with the colour upgrade are not transferable between machines?

But they'd kill new sales if they bring out the upgrade as kit only, or offer it as a factory option that's as expensive as a full price kit.

#488 6 years ago

Is JPop so untouchable now that a ToM remake couldn't happen? Imagine, a little tweaked code, some new callouts, modern video display and a deeper wizard mode more like CV's. A very good pin made perfect.

#489 6 years ago
Quoted from jfre81:

Is JPop so untouchable now that a ToM remake couldn't happen? Imagine, a little tweaked code, some new callouts, modern video display and a deeper wizard mode more like CV's. A very good pin made perfect.

PPS recently said it was among the titles which were scheduled to be remade by CGC - MB, CC, BBB, ToM were the titles mentioned.

#490 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

If there's more money to be made, i'm sure they are looking into it.

#491 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

The unused parts would be virtually worthless, too, since there's no secondary market for them - aren't compatible with original MMs, speaker panels aren't going to fail, and past the initial honeymoon period, LCDs are quite unlikely to fail.

I hope I those of us who have paid for the color upgrade on MMr would get some type of discount on the he new large display.

#492 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I hope I those of us who have paid for the color upgrade on MMr would get some type of discount on the he new large display.

You'll get the same five finger discount.

#493 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You'll get the same five finger discount

#494 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

gone down like a lead balloon.

Gone "Over" like a lead balloon!

#495 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Gone "Over" like a lead balloon!

Since I'm not from the US, no.

#496 6 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

I'm with you on this one. After watching the gigantic game dead flip put up doing the same thing over and over it left my wishlist

Owned one for a while... your not missing much as its nothing special imo. Its fun for a month or 2.

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Owned one for a while... your not missing much as its nothing special imo. Its fun for a month or 2.

Same here. It's a big favorite of my wife though. (like to try and keep her happy if I can)

#498 6 years ago

I see BBB or King Pin

#499 6 years ago

Those will be like releasing a new title because so few have played them.

#500 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

CCR is in the queue to be done at some point and will have new re-written and extended code ... just cannot say when and in what order and of course always subject to change with CGC.

Solid hint was given a year ago...TX release so it all adds up.
My hope is BBBr is next so I can buy another machine from them. AFM is a good game and so is CC but BBB is on my my hit list.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 573 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-remake-has-to-be-cactus-canyon/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.