7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Backglass_(resized).jpg
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

I know theres a few more MMR to crank out but looking forward to next game ?

I'm thinking AFMR ? Could Rick Throw A Curve Ball And Do BBBR ?? Kingpin ?

#2 7 years ago

AFMR has been the rumor all along.

I'd hope for a curve ball but I don't see it happening.

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago

Yes I think your right , take mine fully chromed,
Bill ung saucer kit, topper, and anything else they can do stright from the factory! Oh yeah full lcd color screen ! Kick ass speakers!
Turn key

#4 7 years ago

BBBr and Kingpin is my hope too! AFMr is cool to though. While were dreaming how about Wizard Blocks as well.

#5 7 years ago

CCCont.r

#6 7 years ago

There are plenty of AFMs out there. BBB would be awesome!

#7 7 years ago

Need a Capcom games!

#8 7 years ago

Kingpin & BBB would bring excitement to the remake business. Other titles not as much as the originals are around.

#9 7 years ago

I'm another guy that might be in on BBBr, not sure if any other remake title would be able to open my wallet...certainly not AFMr.

MBr would be cool.

#10 7 years ago

I agree with what most on here are saying. I rather see something else besides AFMr. I like AFM, but I rather see something more rare get made like BBB or Kingpin.

#11 7 years ago

Kingpin would be great, I would have to buy one.
AFMr or MBr would be cool, I probably would buy one.
BBBr no thanks...that game sucks

#12 7 years ago

I would definitely go for a Monster Bash or Cactus Canyon. Not sure about BBB or Kingpin because I have yet to play those two games.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

I would definitely go for a Monster Bash or Cactus Canyon. Not sure about BBB or Kingpin because I have yet to play those two games.

In on Monster Bash, Cactus Canyon & Kingpin (I got to play Kingpin at Pin a go-go) But have not played BBB yet.

#14 7 years ago

Monster Bash is the only one I consider.

#15 7 years ago

OP could you add a poll on what machine you would like to see remade and would purchase if done so? I would think this would be great information to know and maybe would lead the direction on what gets pursued to be remade.

AFMr
CCr
BBBr
Kingpinr
Monster Bashr

anyone else suggest other titles?

#16 7 years ago

Does pps have license to these non-Williams games? Capcom somehow linked to Williams?

#17 7 years ago

I would love a new in box Addams Family, but I know the Lic would be a tough nut to get!

#18 7 years ago

Skateball

There never seems to be enough of those to go around.

#19 7 years ago

Any remake would be great, and the sooner the better. Please, Thank you.

#20 7 years ago

CVr

#21 7 years ago

Another question is what would be the price point of these games. You can get a pretty nice AFM for less than 8k.

#22 7 years ago

I really liked playing the updated CC at Texas Pinball Festival! I would consider one of those!

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Does pps have license to these non-Williams games? Capcom somehow linked to Williams?

I was told Rick owns the rights to capcom but I can't prove that, ?

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I would love a new in box Addams Family, but I know the Lic would be a tough nut to get!

It would be awesome for TAF to be run NIB. Would be great for pinball in general as it is such a superb game that is great for competitive play (using original roms for scoring purposes of course).

#25 7 years ago

I am not a big fan of BBB. I would buy a Monster Bash or Cactus Canyon. A decent AFM can be bought for around 6K, so probably not worth their effort.
Maybe some earlier Sterns, like Seawitch or Stargazer for around 4K if that's doable. Much simpler machine and they already own the license.

#26 7 years ago

Fathom.

#27 7 years ago

i don't think licensing fees are much of an issue. Farsight Studios did kickstarters of around $100k each for the licenses to TAF, T2, STTNG, TZ, and Dr. Who. Those are the most expensive ones, presumably.

They were also able to do the licenses for MB, RBION, CFTBL, BSD, EATPM, SS, Judge Dredd, Harley Davidson, Last Action Hero, and Rescue 911 all out of their own pocket, so those are presumably cheaper. And keep in mind Farsight Studio's annual revenue of $2 million a year is far less than the $8 million revenue PPS will make from a single title. Licensing doesn't seem like blocking issue for remakes.

#28 7 years ago

i'd love to see old solid state games get remade!! the problem is that the labor costs, assembly, and R&D would be practically just as high as developing any other remake. just because it has fewer ramps and no LCD screen, that's not going to knock thousands off the BOM. They could do it, of course, but they'd have to charge like $5500 for it (wild ass guess).

#29 7 years ago

Everyone will need to take this with a grain of salt since I'm just some random guy on the Internet who can't disclose my source but when I recently had the opportunity to ask someone who would know whether it was going to be CC or AFM the response was it was going to be "one of those." Personally I would prefer it to be CCr since I now own MMr and feel AFM gameplay is too similar only with a sci-fi theme.

#30 7 years ago

I wonder if Funhouse would sale if remade?

#31 7 years ago

Jubilee?

Quoted from whitey:

I was told Rick owns the rights to capcom but I can't prove that, ?

I'm sure there would be some statement saying he does, but someone proving it always seems to be another story. Customarily with licensing, attorneys or some other individual actually own the intellectual property, and vendors/suppliers/manufacturers actually lease it from them.

As to games, MBr or CVr would definitely be cool, or how about a remake of MS Frankenstein (with some improvements including artwork)? That is an underrated yet fun pin IMHO.

#32 7 years ago

I thought it would be announced by now. Thought the word was that the next remake was built and very close to production. I'm wondering if pricing will change. If they could get the price down, seems like that would open up the market and ease concerns over MMr issues.

#33 7 years ago

all the rumors and other smoke signals point to AFMR, but anything's possible. BBBR would certainly be interesting! the Pinside drama alone would keep me entertained for years.

I think it'd be smart to focus on remakes for titles for that had small runs the first time around.

BBB and Kingpin have by far the lowest production runs of the games we are realistically talking about.

CC had a really low production run as well, but would need a ruleset upgrade akin to Cactus Canyon Continued in order to be marketable.

MM, AFM, and MB were all in the mid range with roughly 3000 - 4000 units each, but are also all really high ranked as some of the best pins of all-time.

TAF and TZ had production runs of 20,000 and 15,000 respectively. i don't think it'd be good choice for that reason alone. STTNG also, for the same reason. over 10,000 made. (also, the BOM on TZ and STTNG is probably significantly larger than other titles)

TOTAN had a medium sized run -- about 3,000 games -- but is it really that desirable? It's currently ranked #11 all time but i really don't understand why. It's pretty, but i'm not sure the demand for a remake is there.

TOM had a larger run, and is kinda ho-hum rules-wise (but then again so is BBB )

CV had a tiny run, is very pretty, and has decent rules (if you use the home ROM). Maybe that would be the best candidate after the consensus "obvious" ones of AFM and MB.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I wonder if Funhouse would sale if remade?

i love Funhouse, but with over 10,000 made, it's probably not in the cards for a remake in my opinion.

#35 7 years ago

I would love for it to be CC provided it can run the Continued P-ROC board, or BBB, or Kingpin if the code was finished.

#36 7 years ago

How about Defender, Joust, or Mystery Castle?

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i'd love to see old solid state games get remade!! the problem is that the labor costs, assembly, and R&D would be practically just as high as developing any other remake. just because it has fewer ramps and no LCD screen, that's not going to knock thousands off the BOM. They could do it, of course, but they'd have to charge like $5500 for it (wild ass guess).

I dunno. A display set is $200. No ramps. Nearly all the playfield could be assembled with off the shelf components. The only issues I can see would be the electronics (possibly get Alltek on board) and the in-line drop targets would need to be remade.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

CV had a tiny run, is very pretty, and has decent rules (if you use the home ROM). Maybe that would be the best candidate after the consensus "obvious" ones of AFM and MB.

Pending a poll being added by the OP, I am definitely down with CV as my number one choice. Very attractive game with low production. I'd prepay for one in a heartbeat if remade.

#39 7 years ago

I already know its AFM next but I'm hoping for MB, CC or BBB

#40 7 years ago

CV?

Come on...yeah it's near and all but to justify the work and costs of a remake you are gonna have to make a game people actually like playing more than every now and then.

So obviously, Jackbot.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

CV?
Come on...yeah it's near and all but to justify the work and costs of a remake you are gonna have to make a game people actually like playing more than every now and then.

Oh, sorry. I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to have an opinion on Pinside. LOL. Some people can't stand BH and some that have it only play it "every now and then", but I play mine more than I play my BSD. How about remaking BH, but add some ramps on the upper pf?

#42 7 years ago

PPS will be remaking something expensive, not a high production game or something less that 8K.
Think CC, BBB, MB or Kingpin anything else isn't in the 8k range. If they remake AFM, I doubt the sales will be there for an 8K game.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

PPS will be remaking something expensive, not a high production game or something less that 8K.
Think CC, BBB, MB or Kingpin anything else isn't in the 8k range. If they remake AFM, I doubt the sales will be there for an 8K game.

I agree that those games fit in better at an 8k price point. I think for AFM to work the price needs to drop to 6-6.5k.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from bam10:

Another question is what would be the price point of these games. You can get a pretty nice AFM for less than 8k.

Only because the remake threat is there.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

CV?
So obviously, Jackbot.

I guess everyone has their favorites. I don't want an AFM because the call outs (and voices) for it are just like RFM and my new MMr has the same voices and some of the same call outs with a word or two changed. CV has some cool toys and the machine just "pops" in the game room. I consider the machines to be art just as much as a game and consider CV to have good qualities in both facets. Furthermore, CV was low production just like BBB and CC, so those that always wanted one could get a new machine at a decent price.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from bam10:

I agree that those games fit in better at an 8k price point. I think for AFM to work the price needs to drop to 6-6.5k.

From all indications and insider info it's AFM. No way they make it for 6-6.5 either. 8-8.9 AFMr on the way, people will buy it, especially if people are still trying to scrape 7-7.5 out of a players condition used original. It's essentially been confirmed that it's AFMr though.

#47 7 years ago

Now yer talkin!

Backglass_(resized).jpgBackglass_(resized).jpg

#48 7 years ago

I thought i read some where....Rick had a prototype of AFM....that they had put together?

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i love Funhouse, but with over 10,000 made, it's probably not in the cards for a remake in my opinion.

If they were to somehow implement a dmd into it and expand the rules, I think it would sell. At what price point, I don't know.

Totan would also need a rules update.

CC would also sell, but only if there was some kind of software update.

I'm curious to see what the price point is going to be on machines that are more readily available at a used price below below what they sold MMR for. I don't see AFM remake selling as fast as MM remake. You can a used AFM for 6k, and when they initially announced the MM remake the price was north of 10k.

MB seems like the best choice to do a remake as it checks all the boxes: limited run, used ones sell for a lot, no need to update rules (yes I know it easy to beat, but it is still complete). Only negative is license fee.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

From all indications and insider info it's AFM. No way they make it for 6-6.5 either. 8-8.9 AFMr on the way, people will buy it, especially if people are still trying to scrape 7-7.5 out of a players condition used original. It's essentially been confirmed that it's AFMr though.

Some of these knuckle-heads have already proved that they will pay whatever the price is, if it's a title that they have always wanted!!!

So collectively, remakes are still going to be on average $8K once the dust settles....regardless of the title.

The masses have spoken...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-remake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.