Topic poll

“Shadow or Black Rose”

• Shadow 56 votes
    89%
  • Black Rose 7 votes
    11%

(63 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Q.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Looking at buying another game and I have narrowed it down to these two.
No particular reason why I chose these other than I like them both and would like something different in the house that I haven't owned before.
Both are available locally in good condition and the prices are fair.

#2 5 years ago
#4 5 years ago

This isn't even a contest. Shadow is one of the best pins ever made (it's rating gets dinged by the translite, fixable! ) with fast and challenging yet rewarding gameplay. Great for home play. Black Rose is a decent budget game that plays more like a System 11, not particularly deep. Not a bad pin, but also probably not one you'll want to keep long.

#5 5 years ago

SHADOW 100%..
no idea why anyone would even want a black rose..unless it had sentimental meaning.

#6 5 years ago

I have a Black Rose, but I think I would rather get a Shadow.

OP can add a poll to the thread?

#7 5 years ago

Shadow, without a doubt.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I have a Black Rose, but I think I would rather get a Shadow.
OP can add a poll to the thread?

Poll added

#9 5 years ago

i've had both and both are great pins, best theme goes to black rose but game play goes to Shadow.

#10 5 years ago

The Shadow!!!! I love mine so much that im actually looking for a HEP/CQ or HUO Shadow now. Its that good that I would own two at the same time.

#11 5 years ago

Shadow....great bang for the buck pin

Unless you don't want to get your butt kicked....takes my lunch money regularly

#13 5 years ago

I guess I am the only one, though I have owned both titles, and I prefer black rose, and it is not even that close. Just goes to show everyone has different taste, otherwise ugly people would never get laid.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Just goes to show everyone has different taste, otherwise ugly people would never get laid.

Alright!

Q.jpg

#15 5 years ago

Shadow for me, but BR is also an underrated game for those who have never played it.

#16 5 years ago

Shadow probably has the best sound of any game, and is so difficult, I know many owners who have never finished the final battle.

If you are getting the MMr, that only leaves AFM and you will have the "holy trinity".

#17 5 years ago

Thanks very much for the input guys.
This has proved what was my gut feeling.
It has been ages ( well years anyway) since I have played either of these games but in the back of mind I was always thinking that shadow was the better game.
Now just have to go and inspect and make a deal.
Thanks again.

Quoted from vid1900:

If you are getting the MMr, that only leaves AFM and you will have the "holy trinity".

Can't see myself getting a MMr as a good mate of mine has a very nice original MM just around the corner and I can always drop over there with a sixpack and have a few games.
AFM would be nice!

#18 5 years ago

Shadow, is very challenging and fun. A favorite in my collection!

#19 5 years ago

Glad I have mine sitting next to FGY, since 3 games of Shadow equals 1 game of FGY

#20 5 years ago

Last week I bought a... Shadow!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside