• Stern Star Trek PRo 18 votes
    35%
  • Pirates of the Carrabean 6 votes
    12%
  • Stern SpiderMan 28 votes
    54%

(52 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

gameroom.jpg

#1 4 years ago

I have the itch to buy a new pinball. I am split between buying a Stern Star Trek Pro, Spider man, or POTC. Which one should I get. PM me if you know of a good deal.

#2 4 years ago

I would go SM pretty easy out of those.

#3 4 years ago

SM or ST, i just don't care for POTC personally.

#4 4 years ago

SM or ST whichever you are a bigger fan of theme wise. I personally prefer ST.

2 months later
#6 4 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

I have the itch to buy a new pinball.

A new pinball? Then 2013 Star Trek is your only choice.
The others aren't that new: 2006 Pirates and 2007 Spiderman.

#7 4 years ago

Spider-Man. Tried and true, code is done & fun.

#8 4 years ago

I concur with this

#9 4 years ago

I have Pirates and Star Trek now, and owned Spider-Man for about four years before I traded it for something different. I'd take Spider-Man back in an instant, I definitely regret selling it. In my opinion, Spider-Man is the winner here. Pirates is fun too, but it can get boring a bit quickly. Pirates is the kind of game that I can't play over and over, but I like to come back to it from time to time. Star Trek is ok, but I feel like I'm having more fun when I play Spider-Man. The shots are more satisfying in Spider-Man, and the game makes me feel good about myself when I make shots (cool light and sound effects that are specific to certain shots). Star Trek has the warp ramp which is cool, but other than that I think Spider-Man is your best bet.

Good luck!
Jon

#10 4 years ago

I prefer ST to Spiderman, but I think both are better than POTC. The ship is a cool toy though, but it's too stop and go for my taste.

The one thing that irks me about Spiderman is that kickout from the black suit/sandman shot into the pops. It just seems so awkward. Like they didn't want to make a subway or just have a 1-way ball gate with a little kick through into the pops. It's this giant piece of bent metal that just dumps the ball straight down onto the playfield.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakenjoi:

Like they didn't want to make a subway....

Not allowed to

#12 4 years ago

SM for sure, if you can find a good deal on one in Michigan.

#13 4 years ago

Why not consider TRON...otherwise SM

#14 4 years ago

I didn't find POTC to be a keeper in my collection. SM either for that matter, but that was more about theme than gameplay. For ST, I just don't see much bang for the buck. I vote SM.

#15 4 years ago

I know I'm in the minority here, but I like POTC the best of the three. The ship is a blast. I like going for the Kracken when the ship is down. The theme is fun for the whole family. The game and toys have a W/B quality feel to them. I felt that way about BDK as well, although that game is not quite as fun as any of these.

Yes, it's a stop and go game. But it works in this case, I think.

#16 4 years ago

All three are very good games.... If I had to rank them

SM (all around complete fun game)
ST (with current code)
POTC (who doesn't love the ship)

#17 4 years ago

of those three pins, I'd say SM

SM is a lot similar to ST in layout, but seems like there is more toys and better code on SM at the moment.

Do not pass up an XMLE or IM if you stumble on one, as they are my favorites at the moment, but PotC is really a great all around family friendly game and the ship is lots of fun mate.

PS I also love AcDc and Tron.
gameroom.jpg

#18 4 years ago

I know I'm in the minority but I like POTC then ST then SM.... SM just seems overrated imo.

#19 4 years ago

I voted ST, but if you really like the spiderman theme [I didn't] go with that first. I love the way it plays - just not the theme and callouts.
POTC would come in last for me between these 3, but all are GREAT pins.

#20 4 years ago

Anything other than POTC. The game is slow and very stop and go. Just about every shot results in a pause.

Between Spiderman and ST, it's a tough choice. I have a Spiderman, so I would lean that way. I wanted a ST until my buddy pointed out that everyone at PAPA was timing out the modes. That tells me the game isn't balanced. I haven't had a chance to play it since he pointed that out, so I'm only going on what he said. A few local collectors have also said they were disappointed with ST. I only played a handful of games back at Allentown and again in September. I really enjoyed the game, but don't have enough time on the game to form a solid opinion, so consider my comments an observation

Spiderman has held up well and is a very fun AND FAST game.

Good luck,
Duane

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.00
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Port, FL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Port, FL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Walnut Creek, CA
Machine - For Sale
Kalamazoo, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside