Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 148 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by scooter75
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DE911470-9AE8-4DE5-801D-70FC9C0D5304 (resized).jpeg
    20210625_230206 (resized).jpg
    20210625_215147.jpg
    F3849C95-7AB6-4C85-930B-6213DAD80512 (resized).jpeg
    325F134B-469E-41BA-91AA-32559F94068F (resized).jpeg
    A9F3A662-29D1-43B4-9A01-6487109B67DE (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from scooter75:

Are we creating the next pinball depression with mostly adult targeted or rock themes from before time began?

I mean if turtles and JP are from your youth, but you own Batman 66, Bobby Orr, and Evil Knievel...

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Kids give zero fucks about star wars

Uh...not sure how to tell you this, but Disney didn't spend billions on the franchise because kids hate it. There's WAY more new media, toys, parks, etc. related to Star Wars now than there ever was. Kids are more aware of Star Wars now than they have ever been.

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

...... do you have children? My children and all of their friends give absolutely zero fucks.

I do! Well, it's possible your kids just don't like it. I don't give a fuck about baseball so I guess it's not popular?

#68 2 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

You're right. It's not! Lol. That, too, had declined heavily over the years.

Star Wars is not popular is one of the wildest takes I've ever seen on this website. Star Wars toy sales were up 70% last year:

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-movie-show-toy-sales-2020-increase/

That's just toys (for kids!)! I know "kids only care about TikTok and Fortnite"...but Star Wars videogames are hugely successful, especially the Lego series.

I'm fascinated that your kids not being into Star Wars has convinced you it's not popular. Star Wars is literally the opposite of in decline...so much so they just made a new pinball machine based on it .

#101 2 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Yes. By grown men.
    My argument was children dont care for star wars the way they used to, on a whole. 50 year old men buying star wars children's toys doesn't mean children like them. Star Wars is mostly kept alive by nostalgia.... like pinball.

But you're basing that on what you believe to be true. Show me something that actually backs that up other than what you've invented in your head. This is one of the worst arguments I've ever heard. There have been 2 new series of star wars movies in my lifetime. There are multiple new TV shows including one the newest Stern game is based on. While us older people have nostalgia for star wars, it is literally more popular and thriving than it's ever been. If you've got someone other than "well I think..." by all means let's see it...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-pinball-depression-?tu=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.