Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 148 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by scooter75
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DE911470-9AE8-4DE5-801D-70FC9C0D5304 (resized).jpeg
    20210625_230206 (resized).jpg
    20210625_215147.jpg
    F3849C95-7AB6-4C85-930B-6213DAD80512 (resized).jpeg
    325F134B-469E-41BA-91AA-32559F94068F (resized).jpeg
    A9F3A662-29D1-43B4-9A01-6487109B67DE (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Apinjunkie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 2 years ago

I'd like to add my two cents worth although it is probably only worth a penny. This is a hobby that is driven by nostalgia. I'm in my 50s and growing up was exposed to pinball everywhere. Bowling alleys, skating rinks, gas stations,convenience stores etc. Pinball was everywhere. Fast forward 35 years and you're hard-pressed to find a pinball machine on location anywhere so if you want to rekindle your youth then purchasing one for home use seems to be your only option. It only makes sense that today's manufacturers are putting out themes that appeal 2 people who can afford the games today. Twenty years from now the generation that will be able to afford a home use pin would probably more likely spend their money on a retro video game system to play fortnite. It seems to me it's not so much about the theme as it is exposure to pinball in general. Pinball won't go away all together but it will need to adapt to survive. Pinball has a storied history of Peaks and valleys over the years and I think we're fortunate as collectors right now to be experiencing an uptick in interest. More manufacturers, more new games,= more intrest. The theme of the game won't save the industry but getting more hands On The Flipper buttons May.

#45 2 years ago

Just want to add, shaking my cane," out of my yard you damn kids"

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Apinjunkie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-pinball-depression-?tu=Apinjunkie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.