Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by damadczar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damadczar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hey there, looking for some opinions.

Right now I've got two pins: T2 and DM.

So far I've got kind of a DMD-only, movie/sci-fi theme going on.
With unlimited funds, I'd love more of a horror/sci-fi/movie theme (Ghostbusters, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Scared Stiff, AFM, BSD, RBION, TZ, Eatpm, Bride of Pinbot). Possibly a Williams Indiana Jones (love that pin).

But I don't have unlimited funds.

I generally never have more than $2k or so to spend on a pin, so that somewhat limits me, I know.

T2 and DM are both fun and trying to build up for the multi-ball on both is fun. But it would be nice to find something a bit different in terms of playing. More of a hold the ball and take shots kind of game.

I really like the Bally/Williams SS pins of the 80's -- especially ES (I know, kinda similar to T2), Whirlwind, Pinbot, Space Station... most of them really. I remember playing ES a ton back in my arcade as a teen. Loved that game.

I'd even likely be willing to trade DM for something else (Judge Dredd comes to mind), to help get more variety on what I have.

Given a budget of no more than $2k ($2500 tops), and somewhat keeping within Bally/Williams (although some others are good -- depends on title), what would you get in a small collection to round these two out?

Thanks.

Steven

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from joey__p__1966:

Earthshaker is one of my favorites to play in my collection . You should be able to find one for $2500 that's pretty nice. But you already know about that one.
Space Station is a very cool looking pin with LED's , and a great value, but ball moves fast due to no in lanes . Best light show of all my pins , no close second . Not a stop and go pin at all in my opinion so that might not fit your needs .
Road show is a fun game and is usually price below the others in that era, it's got lots of ramps if you like ramps. No fear I know nothing about , except it's usually around $2500 for a DMD pin .
If you want to come over and play the games in my collection, and decide on what you might want in your next pin, we can work that out. I'm only a half hour from you . Just shoot me a pm .
JP

Thanks! I'll likely take you up on that. I'll send you a PM.

As far as your recommendations, YES. I've played Space Station at Schlarb's a few years ago, it was great not possibly not what I'm looking for at this time (but I wouldn't say no to one). I love Road Show, and almost had one instead of the DM, but the deal fell through.
I've never played No Fear, I'll have to look it up.

#11 7 years ago

Yeah, I might be willing to scrape a bit more together for a RBION... simply because the wife and I both love it. Played it a lot at a friends.
Same with Roadshow... I could probably scrape together a few extra hundred to make that happen. But again, I've played it and know I like it.

Otherwise, JM is good. As is JD. I'd be happy with either I think, though I've not played either. I'll see if somebody local to me has one that I can go try out.

Ideally, I'd even trade my DM for a JM/JD and then buy a 3rd pin, since I don't think DM is a keeper for me.

4 weeks later
#17 7 years ago

At this point, I'm actually thinking of getting a JM since there's one for sale local to me in the price ballpark I'm looking at.
Seems like that might be a fun addition, and go with my techno movie theme.

5 months later
#19 7 years ago

Ended up buying a The Shadow , for those of you that care.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 27.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 81.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damadczar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-pin-to-round-out-collection?tu=damadczar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.