#1 9 years ago

Pins i have lost in the past 20 years on route through :
Creature from the black Lagoon - pub closed pin stolen
Creature from the black Lagoon - arson pub burnt down
The lost World Jurassic Park - pub closed pin stolen
Demolition Man - club closed pin stolen
Dr Who - club closed pin stolen
Star Trek The next Generation - pub owner died pin stolen

Luckily never did i lose a high rated title .
It's not the end of the world .

#2 9 years ago

Wow, I haven't met anyone who lost more than a game and even that's rare.

#3 9 years ago

Wow. Were all these games in German pubs? Sounds rough

#4 9 years ago

Yes they were , but not in the nicest parts of town .

#5 9 years ago

Thats why they have insurance, Just like any other business. That is pennies compaired to other companys loses.

#6 9 years ago

Why do the pins keep getting stolen when the pub closes down?

#7 9 years ago

The Operator I know and hav bought pins from had this happen to a riverboat Gambler.So its not Unheard of but is out of the ordinary

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Are you kidding? People in need of money with the keys and the easy ability to cover their tracks.

#9 9 years ago

I notice a trend of pub/club thefts. After the second one why not just not put games there anymore?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Welcome to Europe.
Every time I see a post by anyone across the pond describing their 'invite a stranger' party or generous attitude I cry a little inside

Still, nice to hear about it

#11 9 years ago

I lost a lot of Street Fighter games in the Los Angeles riots years ago. That was when it was a very hot game making tons of $$. They were stolen or vandalized. My LA route never recovered after that. Don't recall ever losing a pin. Even then it would have been painful despite low prices on most models as I loved all my pins! For some reason I remember the Data East Batman as being a new game during that time...was very impressed with it when it was new. Also remember Williams being a real pain about us "jobbers" selling their pins brand new without being an authorized dealer. Our local distributor was charging a fortune for new Williams pins, taking advantage of their exclusive distribution deal, so we had to get very creative so they couldn't track down which out of state dealer we were bringing them in from. Addams Family was a real pain as WMS started putting barcodes on the playfields....that was why in case anyone wondered. Then they started putting codes on the playfield that you could only see with a special blacklight....or so I was told. Wow...don't know how I got off on all that...that time in the industry just brought back a lot of memories! Carry on....

#12 9 years ago

WTF?!?! Crazy list.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball4life:

I lost a lot of Street Fighter games in the Los Angeles riots years ago. That was when it was a very hot game making tons of $$. They were stolen or vandalized. My LA route never recovered after that. Don't recall ever losing a pin. Even then it would have been painful despite low prices on most models.

That sucks,,,

#14 9 years ago

I heard that pubs were closing at rate of 26 a week in England. I read somewhere that bars/ clubs in Europe were on the decline as well, though not as much as England.

#15 9 years ago

A problem with Germany is that stuff can easily be carried across a border. We have that problem in some places too though.

#16 9 years ago

The beer in my fridge is a lot cheaper and I have well working pins. That right there will close bars down.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

The beer in my fridge is a lot cheaper and I have well working pins. That right there will close bars down.

how much do you drink that you not going will shut down many bars?!?!

#18 9 years ago

Most places were with low plays so i went there to earn the money every 6 months or so .
Then they were closed or new owners and the old boss changed numbers and vanished .
I am too busy to track them down or call the police or sth.

#19 9 years ago

Bought a Kiss back in 80-81, traded it later for a Defender video. New owner put it in a waterslide hear in Vancouver. Waterslide owner torched the place. Machine got smoke damaged and was later given back to me. I had it in storage where it went thru another fire. Wound up selling it to Charlie at Seattle Pinball Museum and he is slowly restoring it. Got to play it last year. The Kiss that wouldn't die.

#20 9 years ago

Nice story .
One day ten years back on a sunday evening i was watching local news as they showed a firefighter with a hose
Pumping water in a burning pub then the camera pulled a bit back showing the sign of the pub 'Gomorra' .
Guess what yeah oh s**t there was mine Cftbl on location .

#21 9 years ago

Pins used to "walk" out of laundromats all the time back in the day.

The kid working there would tell his friends when he was stepping out to grab his lunch and magically, 10 minutes latter, the game was gone.

#22 9 years ago

Although it can work the other way too.

James (King of Cranes) got a call from the new landlord who had bought a theater that had been boarded up for 10 years. The landlord called him to "come get your shit out of my building" because he had cranes in there with his logo and phone number on them.

James had considered them long lost.

The landlord made James take a bunch of pins too (TAF, AFM and Junkyard). None of these had any identifying decals on them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-pin-lost-on-route and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.