(Topic ID: 318507)

Next pin Gaurdians,Jurrassic or Deadpool?

By Dockside

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Purdue
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Next pin Gaurdians,Jurrassic or Deadpool? ”

• Deedpool 24 votes
    48%
  • Guardians 11 votes
    22%
  • Jurrassic 15 votes
    30%

(50 votes)

#1 1 year ago

Trying to get a feel to them from owners that have played them all. Looking for good flow and not just a fan style of a play field. Thanks guys.

#2 1 year ago

1. Guardians
2. Deadpool
3. Jurassic.
I've owned all 3, just my preference. Guardians and pool are close, but jp was just not to my liking

#3 1 year ago

I would go dp by the slightest nod over jp and guardians. It you want depth and challenge, then jp. Consider this though, next run of guardians is it. So now is the time to get it if you like it

#4 1 year ago

JP all day

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

1. Guardians
2. Deadpool
3. Jurassic.
I've owned all 3, just my preference. Guardians and pool are close, but jp was just not to my liking

I feel same way about JP, thanks for the opinions I value them here.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from zaki:

I would go dp by the slightest nod over jp and guardians. It you want depth and challenge, then jp. Consider this though, next run of guardians is it. So now is the time to get it if you like it

So Leaning towards a Dead Pool LE anyone have one?

#7 1 year ago

1) Deadpool
2) JP

80) GOTG

Love the GOTG movies but the pin is so uninspired. Pick a mode at start is lame. At least make a single shot after plunge to get a mode. And those modes are just a random number of lights with movie clips over them. Add in your basic 2 ball and 3 ball MB's and you have another Lonnie game of boringness. And why am I bashing Groot, and why does Rocket hurt me instead of help me?

DP and JP can be attacked so many ways. Different things to open up, different things to bring into a MB, tons of objectives and ways to build bonus. They also have super unique layouts... while GOTG is a lesser rehash of MET.

I wouldn't care if there was 0, 1, or 50 more runs of GOTG. That game is always a pass for me, and I urge my friend to sell his all the time. Again, love the movies and can't wait to ride the new ride at Epcot. Just like to pretend this game doesn't exist because it's such a fail from Stern compared to what they're capable of.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

1) Deadpool
2) JP

80) GOTG
Love the GOTG movies but the pin is so uninspired. Pick a mode at start is lame. At least make a single shot after plunge to get a mode. And those modes are just a random number of lights with movie clips over them. Add in your basic 2 ball and 3 ball MB's and you have another Lonnie game of boringness. And why am I bashing Groot, and why does Rocket hurt me instead of help me?
DP and JP can be attacked so many ways. Different things to open up, different things to bring into a MB, tons of objectives and ways to build bonus. They also have super unique layouts... while GOTG is a lesser rehash of MET.
I wouldn't care if there was 0, 1, or 50 more runs of GOTG. That game is always a pass for me, and I urge my friend to sell his all the time. Again, love the movies and can't wait to ride the new ride at Epcot. Just like to pretend this game doesn't exist because it's such a fail from Stern compared to what they're capable of.

I pretty much agree with this. I've owned all and sold all, but Deadpool is best. JP is clever but it's just not a lot of fun. GOTG is uninspired, even w/the upgraded sound.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9 1 year ago

GOTG dead last; I wouldn't borrow it from a friend.

#10 1 year ago

I own both DP and GOTG. Both have very straight forward rule sets that are friendly to newer players (opposite of AIQ).

GOTG is your typical Borg layout (very similar to Metallica) with some tight shots and a punishing left outlane. The Cleland sound mod code makes the game shine. This is an instance where I would recommend the pro model over the premium as it is really feature packed at that level. The Groot hands get in the way. Also Cherry Bomb multiball is a fun mini wizard mode that can lead to crazy points.

DP is another machine I wouldn’t spend the extra money getting a premium over a pro. The shots layout are unique and fun. The katana lock is one of the coolest toys in pinball with the most satisfying shot. The call outs are great. Music is good. Not super deep code, but plenty of ways to rack up a high score. Great artwork.

JP is a good game too, I’ve just never been motivated to buy one since I have an AIQ that serves as my obligatory Elwin pin (traded a TMNT for it).

There is really no wrong answer here

#11 1 year ago

Deadpool is unique and a blast to play. The "hardest" shot in the game is probably the snikt bank shot and not actually required to progress while adding great value and reason to shoot it. Pro or premium you won't go wrong.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

1) Deadpool
2) JP

80) GOTG

I couldn't have written this better. I agree!

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

That game is always a pass for me, and I urge my friend to sell his all the time.

"I don't like playing your game. I urge you to sell it." Now THAT'S funny!

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

"I don't like playing your game. I urge you to sell it." Now THAT'S funny!

We do it all the time. You're not true friends until you can shit on each other's collection honestly.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

We do it all the time. You're not true friends until you can shit on each other's collection honestly.

Telling someone you don't like their pin is understandable. Constantly telling them that they should sell it because YOU don't like it is comical.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from Dockside:

So Leaning towards a Dead Pool LE anyone have one?

ZMeny has a sweet one Ive been unsuccessfully trying to convince him to keep.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Salida, CA
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-pin-gaurdiansjurrassic-or-deadpool- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.