Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

woz-boards (resized).jpg

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

True, but mine has the 7.5v boards, I only had one blow and the replacement one has the tiny daughter board filter/buffer. havent had a problem since (and that was a few years back give or take)
The first run ones were the 5v boards right? I would steer clear of those.

7.5v were an interim solution when they didn't know what the real problem was. The final versions are back to 5v with the buffer board and are fine. But again, if he wants to be safe, just get a Ruby Red version. The problem was solved by the time that hit.

#52 3 years ago

Or just buy AC/DC with a clear lower playfield window if you can find one.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from bursits:

Is there a specific number or date when the EC pins started coming with the updated light boards? Otherwise how can I tell the difference if I'm looking at a used machine?

Here's a picture of some boards I had around from a machine I just ended up swapping out all the old style boards to be done with random lighting problems. I had an old and a new single LED board #11 , so it's great opportunity to see in one pic how the old style single LED boards have the connectors in a row, while the new style single LED boards have them offset to make room for the buffer daughterboard.

Also, in this picture, they're resting on a WoZ W2 multi-led board that also has the buffer daughterboard installed on the "red" connector (each board has a red and a green connector which are the in/out daisy chain points for the serial cables that connect them).

This should give you enough to know what you're looking for once you lift a WoZ PF. If you don't see a buffer daughterboard on EACH LED board, it's not fully converted over and will eventually fail.

woz-boards (resized).jpg

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Or just buy AC/DC with a clear lower playfield window if you can find one.

Well, now you're being silly.

#55 3 years ago

make a bigger list tsp potc

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

make a bigger list tsp potc

PotC has a great theme, but the software's pretty shallow and it gets old fast.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from bursits:

I love wide bodies too.

Want a road show? Its such a fun game. I you want to make the trip i have one with no wesr and in awesome condition.

#58 3 years ago

I'd say WOZ. As much as Ghostbusters is a dream theme for me, I don't enjoy playing it. Great art, great audio, totally nostalgic. But it's too punishing. It has the airball issues that need modding to fix. The playfield issues also bother me.

#59 3 years ago

After looking around a bit I actually prefer the looks of the ECLE WOZ. But I guess I'll look for a RR because of all the issues of the EC. I don't want to pay for a game only to have to start replacing light boards or have play field issues. How many light boards are in the WOZ total?

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from bursits:

How many light boards are in the WOZ total?

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from bursits:

After looking around a bit I actually prefer the looks of the ECLE WOZ. But I guess I'll look for a RR because of all the issues of the EC. I don't want to pay for a game only to have to start replacing light boards or have play field issues. How many light boards are in the WOZ total?

I have only had to replace 1 on mine in the last 3 or so years. I think what mattered is that it got replaced with the light board that have the little daughter board filter on it (shown above), that seems to straighten things out. IMHO, as long as its been played by whomever owned it and its in working condition, more than likely, its already blown and replaced whichever light board are going to give you problems.

YMMV, but I would at least check them out while you are looking at RR's

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

YMMV, but I would at least check them out while you are looking at RR's

I was under the impression that ALL the Ruby Red ones were the fixed boards from the factory.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 16.00
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
$ 16.95
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside