• Imdn pro 12 votes
    26%
  • Bm66 21 votes
    46%
  • No, buy this explain... 3 votes
    7%

(46 votes)

#1 5 years ago

It's been a huge summer for us up here on the Lehigh river. Time to spend some of that hard earned money. I planned on buying an imdn pro nib but the never ending price increase by stern has soured my appetite. Gotta come a time when you stop taking it in the ass and say enough already. Looking for one of the above titles. Needs to be 1 owner huo non show game. I've narrowed it down to these three titles but can't make up my mind where my money should go.
Sw pro...+ iconic title, movies loved by family, price friendly, deep rules, good flow.

- I've only been able to play at shows so havnt gotten the full experience. Seems like it could be alotta fun but not sure as never played in home environment. Is it me or does thus machine feel and look like a Sega?

Imdn pro...+ 4 flippers, great art, different layout, familiar music, looks to be alotta fun.

- done with stern nib price increases. Huo fair priced units are far and few.

Bm66 + my favorite Batman. Always loved this campy version through out my life. Lyman. Even though others don't like Gomez I love all his games even tf and avengers.

- price, recycled playfield, price vs value?

If you have other ideas throw em at me. + feedback and suggestions welcome. Thanks.

#2 5 years ago

Iron Maiden, not a fan of the band or the theme but the gameplay just can't be beat

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

It's been a huge summer for us up here on the Lehigh river. Time to spend some of that hard earned money. I planned on buying an imdn pro nib but the never ending price increase by stern has soured my appetite. Gotta come a time when you stop taking it in the ass and say enough already. Looking for one of the above titles. Needs to be 1 owner huo non show game. I've narrowed it down to these three titles but can't make up my mind where my money should go.
Sw pro...+ iconic title, movies loved by family, price friendly, deep rules, good flow.
- I've only been able to play at shows so havnt gotten the full experience. Seems like it could be alotta fun but not sure as never played in home environment. Is it me or does thus machine feel and look like a Sega?
Imdn pro...+ 4 flippers, great art, different layout, familiar music, looks to be alotta fun.
- done with stern nib price increases. Huo fair priced units are far and few.
Bm66 + my favorite Batman. Always loved this campy version through out my life. Lyman. Even though others don't like Gomez I love all his games even tf and avengers.
If you have other ideas throw em at me. + feedback and suggestions welcome. Thanks.

BM66 if you want a long player.
IMDN if you want the total all around package.
SW if you want a game that's addicting and can't stop pressing start.

#4 5 years ago

Have owned all three. I still own Batman and Maiden. Although I have upgraded Maiden to the Premium. There was just nothing to shoot at on SW, IMO. That quickly left my line-up. It is a tough call btw Maiden Pro and Batman 66. I had originally passed on Batman at the time of release due to the code. But so glad I revisited as the additional code updates have made it an entirely new and enjoyable game! Maiden Pro is a blast. Did not upgrade due to gameplay...just thought the additional features the Premium offered were worth the additional price. Can’t go wrong with either title!

#5 5 years ago

Any of the three are excellent choices. I would have to give the edge to BM66. Lyman, has given this game the magic touch. It is moved up to excellent code and will be phenomenal, when he finally is finished.

#6 5 years ago

Thanks for the input so far. Unfortunately or fortunately the love seems to be spread around. Keep the info and opinions coming I appreciate it. If anyone is looking to move any of these pins please reach out as I'll be buying one of these as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

#7 5 years ago

I would go with Iron maiden It has a great layout, 4 flippers, great artwork, and great rules. My second choice would be Batman but I am still not a huge fan of that game. My last choice would be star wars pro the game just is so sparse it has no toys I do like the rules but it's just missing too much.

#8 5 years ago

Agree with others. I haven't played Iron Maiden but looks to be a really fun game if you can stomach the theme/music. If the theme was different, I would probably be after one myself. SW isn't much to look at but does have that addictive fast/flow gameplay. I would wait a little while and find a barely used game cheap. It doesn't seem like the kind of game many will bolt to the floor. My top choice has to be BM66 but I do think it's a bit overpriced. Gameplay is really fun and the campy theme can't be beat. It and MET are my two favorite Stern games.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I star wars pro the game just is so sparse it has no toys I do like the rules but it's just missing too much.

This is what I keep thinking^^.... but
It's star wars...and less $$

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

My top choice has to be BM66 but I do think it's a bit overpriced.

I think this would be mine as well. But I still feel value is also key when throwing around this type of money. It don't come easy just ask my knee I've been limping around the last 2week's heading into a major onslaught this coming 3day weekend.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

If you change the choice from IMDN Pro to Premium, that is more analogous in price to BM66 Premium. In that case, you've got your answer as a lifelong fan of BM66 and someone who loves Lyman/Gomez pins. I've been playing IMDN LE continuously for months now and it is great. But BM66 is pulling me back. So much depth of code, crazy/giddy fun factor. It should be rated MUCH higher on the Pinside 100. BM66 is better with a subwoofer than IMDN, almost like it was designed for it. Add the shaker to either, and you are in the zone.

#12 5 years ago

Not only is Maiden Pro the best bang for your buck since MET (and it's overall better too), but it's better than the others you mentioned. IMO way way more addictive.

#13 5 years ago

I completely agree that it is more addictive, maybe more than any game I've ever played. Seems like tp may be a better fit for BM66 over the long haul if he reaches a little for the difference in cost. But I agree, more bang for buck IMDN Pro.

#14 5 years ago

SW isn't in the same zip code as the other two as far as game play is concerned. Perhaps look for a BM66 and a Maiden and pick the first one that comes along at a good price.

#15 5 years ago

for the money, if you want to save a few bucks vs buying a premium game, i would go IM pro. and i love the other 2 games. the music of IM can grow on you. as you progress, the light show can be really nice. also, the game is deeper than you think.

as far as difficulty, i feel batman is probably the most challenging of the 3 games. star wars is probably the deepest game. i feel it gets ripped by those that have not played it enough. there are a lot of missions in it. great light show too. i think the pro is better than the premium there.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

As I was reading your post I was going to ask which theme do you like most but you pretty much answered that as well as your own question.

If you love Batman 66 there is no other game that beats it when it comes to theme integration and arguably depending how you feel about the theme its Lyman’s best coded game, but a lot of the game and brillaince of the code comes from being a fan of the theme.

As for the recycled playfield it feels nothing like BDK, it feels as similar to that game as GOTG does to MET, as in they don’t feel similar at all. There was just a lot of negativity around BM66 at release due to pricing and that negativity grew and continued for about 12 months post release due to the utterly shit state of the code, that’s now a thing of the past thanks to Lyman.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 21.50
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-pin-bm66-sw-pro-imdn-pro?hl=timewellspent and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.