• Star Wars Pro 9 votes
    15%
  • TWD Pro 17 votes
    29%
  • Iron Maiden Pro 29 votes
    49%

(59 votes)

#1 6 years ago

I can't decide between GOTG Pro, Star Wars Pro, TWD Pro or possibly the new Iron Maiden Pro. I've played them all except, obviously, Iron Maiden. I love the theme and light heartedness on GOTG, just hoping the code can bring the game up to par. I love the Star Wars theme and it plays well, but something about it seems off. TWD is a great theme, excellent layout, but difficult. I'm leaning towards TWD, then GOTG, then Star Wars, but the Iron Maiden layout looks fantastic. Although I told myself I would never purchase another band themed pin since the music seems to get old fairly quick in a home environment.

#2 6 years ago

Two GOTG on Craigslist, you might consider make offer and forget NIB.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

I've been watching those, very tempting. No matter which game I choose, I'll look for a good deal on a used one first.

#4 6 years ago

I'd say do SW if you like it fast or TWD a little slower.

#5 6 years ago

Guardians shoots well and looks nice, but obv the code is still progressing. If you like TWD theme, the code and fun factor is there.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'd say do SW if you like it fast or TWD a little slower.

Good point, some flow would be a nice addition to my current lineup which is a lot of stop and go.

#7 6 years ago

GOT

#8 6 years ago

If I could find one

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Two GOTG on Craigslist, you might consider make offer and forget NIB.
LTG : )

Don't buy GOTG new in box, plenty of people jumping ship on that game with the recycled code and layout and it will be even more now with Iron Maiden announced. It's a tough decision. Star Wars is fun, but bare bones. Walking Dead is great, but difficult, so if that isn't your thing you probably wouldn't want in on that. Iron Maiden is an unknown still, but probably a safer bet with Keith on the game and the proven layout from Archer. Personally I would wait and try IMad when it comes out. No reason to jump in quick for a Pro, so play it first and if you like it, you can get in and if you don't, stay out.

#10 6 years ago

Iron Maiden looks ok I guess. They hype is ridiculous. I had people saying GOTG was awesome then weeks later oh the code....

#11 6 years ago

You said you got sick of all the 20-30 minute games you had on AS so get the toughest, meanest game on your list. Probably TWD?

#12 6 years ago

MBr!

#13 6 years ago

Iron Maiden is the first Stern game I've been excited for since I entered the hobby just over a year and a half ago. Software was at .92 when they streamed it last night. The artwork and layout are excellent. Out of that list, I would say IMDN. I have a TWD Pro and love it.

#14 6 years ago

Have you considered Houdini, Loving it!!!

#15 6 years ago

Iron Maiden is bad as hell, no question about it but you said that you dont want any music pins. The Walking dead is one of the best pinball machines that has ever been made but yes it is hard for sure. GOTG still has no code so I wouldn’t go that route yet, Star Wars is a good game with good code but it just doesn’t grab me for some resson. Have you ever considered GOT Pro? Thats a great game that gets overlooked.

#16 6 years ago

The thing I have noticed on Band themed pins is the repeating famous guitar riffs,constantly!! I'm hoping the Beatles pin will change the way they approach music themed pins!!Have you thought of a GB/Pre??

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

The thing I have noticed on Band themed pins is the repeating famous guitar riffs,constantly!! I'm hoping the Beatles pin will change the way they approach music themed pins!!Have you thought of a GB/Pre??

I have a GB Pro, it's a keeper in this house. We only have room for 4-5 pins and RS, GB Pro and Wild Card are keepers. So it'd be nice to find another keeper that compliments these.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I had people saying GOTG was awesome then weeks later oh the code....

Funny all I remember hearing was "It's metallica." I hear you though totally...the diff'rence is Lonnie is not doing this code, and he had a history of doing the same old shit and slooooooowly.

#19 6 years ago

Star Trek Premiums NIB are out there, just gotta call and ask. Unless its not your thing as you listed all pro's in your poll.

#20 6 years ago

Houdini. It plays like a Bally/Williams game, doesn't have that cheap Hasbro feeling that the Stern games have.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 16.00
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-nib-purchase?hl=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.