20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (6 years ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (6 years ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (6 years ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (6 years ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (6 years ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (6 years ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 6 years ago

Ok i got my popcorn out and im ready for today's big reveal! Come on Gary get your Ass out of bed and lets get this show on the road!!

#167 6 years ago

Is there any channel on Twitch TV that we can watch this on?

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

PAPA live
Edit: no reveal yet lol...just posting link for who dey.
» YouTube video

Thank you Gryszzz!

#243 6 years ago

So are we not going to see an actual game and only a teaser video? I was hoping they would pull a sheet off of the game like it was a new Lamborghini or something?

#245 6 years ago

I think the Live After Death album cover would make the most bad ass translite ever!

6D712951-C90B-480B-9786-F0549CDC0E78 (resized).jpeg6D712951-C90B-480B-9786-F0549CDC0E78 (resized).jpeg

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I hate metal art, it's all so juvenile, but the game will probably look great. Stern has done quite well recently.

Jar there is nothing juvenile about seeing Eddie stomping through a graveyard!

#313 6 years ago

What the Phuk?? They cant even show a damn picture of the game? Cant believe i have waited all day for this, jesus

#364 6 years ago

Stern never fails to disappoint or to blow a good opportunity, i will say that. They had to know that people would be pissed off over this. What a bunch of idiots for real!

#436 6 years ago
Quoted from tmick73:

I looked at it as a glass half full thing...I got to watch some amazing players do their thing.

I looked at it as a glass full of shit thing and then they threw it my face and laughed at me.

#439 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The stuff looks fine..

The stuff on the web doesn't really convey the game well. This video does a bit better, but it looks great. But its much more focused on the 90s+ stuff and less like the early 80s stuff.
» YouTube video

That art doesnt look bad but it doesn’t look near as good as the 80’s art did. Big mistake if this is the art they are going with.

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Remember how the awesome Rob Zombie art translated to a pinball machine??? No so much
People have expectations of how pinball art "should" look... and its much more towards outlined, comic style and less like the painting style the Maiden album covers were.

I personally think that the RZ artwork is terrible but thats just my opinion of course. The new Iron Maiden artwork looks like childs play compared to the 80’s artwork. Its not terrible but it’s definitely not as good as the old stuff.

#452 6 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

Here’s what the game will be based on....the songs AND art
» YouTube video

Im disappointed that they didnt use the old art but you still cant deny the awesome sound and songs of Iron Maiden no matter what. This pin could seriously be epic! I seriously hope that they dont eff it up but im a little nervous i wont lie.

#506 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah the first thing I thought of was newer "animated" kids shows that I guess you would call cartoons but nothing like cartoons used to be.
We shall see though

If this game is based off of their new stuff art and music wise both, then Stern phuking blew it big time. This game should have been 80’s art and 80’s songs.

#508 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Youll have to wait some more to find out if they bkew it or not

99% chance they blew it. You can tell that with the art style in the teaser video.

#545 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Hey buddy leave deadflip alone. Maybe Danger is his middle name just like Austin Powers, who cares... He works his tail off for pinball streaming usually every weeknight. I imagine he will be driving up to Wisconsin soon to show everyone Alice Cooper also. God knows Charlie can't film a pinball video to save his life (see Spooky's Facebook) Anyways, my point is that he isn't a Stern shill, just a good dude that streams a ton of pinball.

Deadflip is a good guy and he is passionate about pinball and a pretty damn good player as well. If i was Stern i would even consider hiring him. Im sure he could bring some value to the company with ideas on games, and being their spokesperson etc. He’s a cool guy though and he loves pinball as much or more than anyone that ive ever seen so hes alright by me.

#549 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

F.) stern could literally put out the guardians playfield again, and write Iron Maiden in Marker on the side and they will sell 15k games, so anything that you say matters to their sales. Won’t..

When have they ever sold 15K games of any title in recent history?

#556 6 years ago

Nobody knows how many they have or haven’t made.. not even you or your friend who says he knows. They made Metallica for 5 years, everyone you know has a Metallica.. Maiden is going to crush whatever sales they made on Metallica. People that have never played a Pinball will buy this game sight unseen. Then you will have your normal sales on top of that.

Who is my friend? I can guarantee you that Iron Maiden will not sell 15K pins lol.

#559 6 years ago

The point is, what everyone is saying “stern is dumb, and this will impact sales” is wrong.. it will sell a ton regardless.

If the artwork is the new artwork and not the old 80’s artwork it will indeed affect sales numbers. Also if the song list is a mix if new and old which i am assuming thats what its going to be, that will impact sales as well. The people that are excited about this game the most are old rockers like me and we want the old Maiden stuff.

If its not the old Maiden stuff im out i can tell you right now unless somehow this pin is so amazing in design that i just cant pass it up. Even if I don’t buy it though and even if i hate it, i hope it sells well because i want Stern to be successful and keep making games for us. Its just a bummer when they blow a great opportunity like this, and it seems to be happening alot here lately.

#564 6 years ago

You’re missing the point, Maiden fans will buy it because it’s maiden.. even if they’ve never played a Pinball before. Still, my original point was everyone focusing on how the “poor marketing” will impact sales. It won’t.
I don’t think it will do better than Metallica in the US, but overall I predict it will do better.

So you think theres going to be a bunch of Iron Maiden fans that have never played pinball before buying a 6-8K pinball machine right? You are dreaming if you really believe that lol.

#571 6 years ago

I don’t think it will do better than Metallica in the US, but overall I predict it will do better.

Im not trying to argue with you for real, but there is no way in hell that Iron Maiden is going to outsell MET, and this is coming from a guy that likes Maiden far more than Metallica. MET is a killer John Borg design coded by Lyman Sheats and it is one of the greatest pinball machines that has ever been made.

#576 6 years ago

Time will tell. Metallica has more going for it than just theme, that’s for sure. But I think there are a lot more Maiden fans than Metallica fans worldwide, and with the new platform, the material to draw from, the design team involved, and the growth of Pinball in general, I still think this will do better than Met.
Either way, I’m excited that Pinball is growing and new awesome themes are being released all the time.

Iron Maiden will be a good game, i have no doubt about that. MET is just an amazing game though. I overlooked MET because i just wasnt a huge fan of the band and i finally gave it a good solid look when i heard that they were going to stop making it and boy am i glad that i did because i added an amazing game to my collection. Im glad that i came to my senses! They probably have lost me with the new art style and the newer music but im still excited to see the game and i hope its a home run all the way.

#577 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

I for one didn't waste any of my time on Saturday waiting for the inevitable. Up the irons!!!

Its a good thing because you would have been pissed off like everyone else was. It was the biggest joke ive ever seen in my life.

#579 6 years ago

Being “pissed” over a few people announcing that a new pinball machine is coming is a silly reason. They will show it in a few days and the same trolls will be “pissed” about something else.

Nobody was pissed because of who announced it, they were pissed because the announcement was so lame. They tuned in to the channel and waited for hours and didnt even get to see a pic of the game. Im one of the biggest Stern supporters on this forum but that was lame as hell and complete BS and i was pissed, i wont even lie about it.

#587 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Admittng you have a problem is the first step

I’ll get over it so no big deal. They just wasted my time and im on the graveyard shift this week and grouchy. Gotta find someone to go off on when im on 3rd shift, may as well be Stern!

#589 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Here's how popular IM is. The members of GNR, ACDC, Metallica, Aerosmith, and KISS will all probably buy this pin.

They will probably be the only ones that can afford to after another price hike!

#593 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Man I couldn't buy Iron Maiden if I didn't like the band, u guys are "good people" I had to sell my Met Pre because I couldn't get past "Fuel" "Enter Sandman" and Metallica post Justice in general then again I'm a well known jackass, and very proud. does that mean if they made a Justin Beiber pin and it was fun to play you guys might buy it?

The Metallica pin is so good that you could probably take it and retheme it to a Justin Beiber game and it might sell......not really but you know what im getting at. MET is so good that i think alot of people overlook the theme and buy it anyways. Im just so so on Metallica as a band but man i love this pin. I dont even pay much attention to the music when im playing it honestly.

#604 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

TRON VE has over 5 thousand - so it's next right
When Stern makes it I may just drive up to Stern and tell them thank you in person when I pick it up. Heck, I always wanted to do the Stern factory tour anyway.

I think TronVE would do very well.

#606 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Sadly, I dont think its coming for awhile.

Really? I keep hearing that its next? Truthfully i would like to see something older like TSPP or something like that but i know alot of people want to get their shot at Tron again.

#685 6 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

I’ve heard a few details about the game...and I’ve been told Pinsides gonna lose their shit when they see it.
Truth be told tomorrow I guess.
I don’t expect my LE’s to last 24 hours.

Lose their shit in a good way or a bad way?

#875 6 years ago

Holy shit, i am speechless right now. This game looks absolutely PHUCKING AMAZING! Stern killed it with this game here, good God man this game is gorgeous! I can guarantee you that every other pinball company out there right now has that deer in the headlights look on their faces right now..........DAMN! This game WILL be in my collection, you can take that to the fuckin bank boys!!!

#949 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well I understand the whole metal angle and not a popular view, but I wish it had plastic ramps. Looks like fresh blood in the game though...finally.

Why???

#978 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Personal taste, like them better.
I dig the Egyptian angle. Small flipper..captive ball...little Pharaoh vibe going on.

I love metal ramps. Plastic ones are cool also but i prefer metal ones.

#1077 6 years ago

When is the last time Pinside blew up over a game reveal like this? This game is a HUGE hit so far!

#1183 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I think what Who-Dey is trying to say is that pretty much everyone says it's a hit and I would say less than 25% of Stern's reveals are this unanimous.

Exactly

#1258 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The music is just aggressively terrible. It's like Rush got drunk and decided to cover some metal. I don't know how people listen to this stuff on purpose.
But hey, the game looks like a clear cut winner in all other aspects. Can't wait to flip around on it.

If you ever saw Iron Maiden in concert you wouldn’t say that trust me, because they are F’ing awesome! I mean i guess if you don’t like Rock N Roll maybe you wouldn’t like them but anyone who likes rock music would love these guys in concert. Nothing but hardcore rockers at a Maiden concert, no snowflakes anywhere in sight!

#1429 6 years ago

Gryszzz will be playing this game so much that he will have to rebuild his flippers once a week i bet.

#1529 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

8500 last I checked...

Thats for the model that doesn’t come with a playfield.

#1538 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What does that mean?

It means you can get a POTC for 8500 but if you want the better model that comes with a playfield it will cost you 9500.

It was a joke

#1542 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Iron Fucking Maiden! LE. Get with the program.

Lol good one!

#1544 6 years ago

Yeah, and that one didn't work out so well for Stern those LE's sat around at distributors for years. So yeah, 500 is good. (Hope Stern doesn't forget their own mantra when they release Beatles - 500 then out the door).

Im guessing The Beatles may have a SLE? KISS in my opinion gets a bad wrap. That game is pretty damn good i think and i would definitely own one.

#1572 6 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Deposit placed on IFM LE !
Anyone know of Stern's estimated production date? I'd like to know and add + 2 months to set the proper expectations of delivery

Congrats KPG....and dont pay any attention to iceman.

#1595 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let’s hope you get a good PF Kpg
Another leap of faith I see?

I really miss the days of you and KPG going at each other. That was some of Pinside’s finest days!

#1629 6 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

But, I truly felt guilty for going back and forth with the old guy- couple times he got so heated I didn't know if his cardiovascular system was going to hold up or not, but glad to see he's firing on all cylinders still!

Are you kidding? He loves that kind of stuff, thats what keeps him going!

EDIT: oh yeah and that was kinda funny when his BM66 arrived DOA haha. I mean it wasn’t really funny but it kinda was.

#1860 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For me, guys like Freddie Mercury and David Byrne blow this dude out of the water.

Bwaaaaaa haaaaaa haaaaaa haaaaaaaaa......now thats funny shit right there!!!

#1862 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I'd love for any of the people hating on Bruce, saying he can't sing, listen to this song and still say that:
» YouTube video
If you do, you really have no idea what a good singer sounds like.

I think you could have picked a better song probably to show people how good of a singer Bruce is because that song sucks. Lol

#1864 6 years ago
Quoted from chippe01:

In case you haven't seen this ...
» YouTube video

Thats alot of games being built!

#1870 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Dickinson fanboy here.. While I don't think the song "sucks", it certainly doesn't show off what he's capable of.
» YouTube video
Skip to :53
If you want to compare to Mercury. Shows off a lot but probably not in same league at Mercury - at least in this genre.

They are two different type of singers. Freddy wouldn't have been as good as Bruce in Iron Maiden and Bruce wouldn't be as good as Freddy with Queen either.

Freddy Mercury was actually a pretty good singer but way to flamboyant for my liking. David Byrne though, are you kidding me? lmao

I won't take anything away from Freddy Mercury but Bruce Dickinsin vs David Byrne....really??? That's a big LOL for real.

#1897 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Never been a Maiden fan, never bought an album, never cared for them.
But, agree with Keith - it's great music for a pinball machine, as it is crazy, high intensity and if the game is also intense, it will be a great match.
TNA or Maiden - I can't decide. Would like both obviously!

I think that choice is really simple. Maiden all the way!

#1924 6 years ago

Lol for sure.

#2300 6 years ago

Something all of you Iron Maiden haters don't understand also is most of the people here who love Maiden have seen them live. I do not like heavy metal music for the most part except for the guys that are just bad ass like Dio, Black Sabbath, and Ozzie etc etc etc.

I am more of Van Halen, Sammy Hagar, Journey, REO, 80's classic rock and hair bands type guy. Anyway what im getting at is, i was drug to a Maiden/Priest concert back in 1983 by my friends and Iron Maiden f*cking blew me away. I was at a place that i didnt want to be and ended up having one of the best times of my life. It was possibly the most bad ass concert that i ever seen and ive seen alot of great bands. It was an experience that i will never ever forget and i guarantee that even you guys that dont like them would walk away from a Maiden concert saying holy shiiiit that was awesome!

Its just something that cant be explained unless you experience it and Bruce Dickinson is so damn good that you just wouldn't believe it. The guy knows how to rock and how to fire up a crowd like you've never seen. Oh yeah and to see Eddie walk out on stage live and in person. ......try to top that experience i dare you!

#2302 6 years ago

I took this video last summer.
» YouTube video

Thats awesome, and dont forget thats a bunch of near 60 year old guys now also still out there jamming and putting on a killer show.

#2307 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Would be cool if something (like a GI change maybe) happens during the poem reading in the middle of Rime.

Can't wait to see the Premium /LE models. I'm sure they will be awesome but the Pro is definitely sweet also and that's a very good thing!

#2313 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Whodey
Did I ever tell you my thoughts on Iron Maiden?

Yes you mentioned that you think Iron Maiden sucks but that you are such a Stern Fanboy that you are going to buy one anyway.

#2315 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

As have the fans of the Jonas Brothers, Limp Bizkit, Michael Jackson, Justin Bieber, and Vanilla Ice. Don't get me wrong, I am happy that people are getting a dream theme, just don't expect the rest of us to somehow develop a taste for the band just because there is a pinball machine. That said, this looks like a great game with great art, so I would have no problem buying one knowing that I can easily replace every single song in it. This game in particular lends itself for that idea more than say Aerosmith or especially KISS, because the artwork on those is more indelibly tied to the band.
Someone needs to make a splinter thread of a suggested new song list. To me Ozzie, Black Sabbath and Deep Purple would fit the theme and artwork fine. I might even suggest slipping in a Hendrix song or three.

I definitely dont expect anyone that doesnt like Iron Maiden to become a fan because i wouldn't become a fan of a band that i didnt like either. My point though in an earlier post was that seeing this band live will absolutely change most peoples minds about them and make them a fan. Not everyone of course but seeing Iron Maiden in concert is something special believe me and when you see them live, its really hard not to like them afterwards.

#2323 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Dude I just settled down. Let me make a few more friendly posts before I start dbagging it up again lol.
What prices are y'all hearing on Pro & Premium?
Referring to the "PITA wire money & wait" street price.

They dont sell pins to Maiden Haters PW, you are sh*t out of luck pal!

#2329 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I see what you're doing Whodey.
Since we wont receive anything Maiden related for another week or two you're willing to argue about the band until Stern throws us a bone.
I'm OK with it if errbody else is. We cant really bitch about code or QC yet anyways.

Sell me your TSPP and LOTR and then you can go buy your Iron Maiden cash in hand!

#2507 6 years ago

7081D244-0441-4207-9149-3606558133F2 (resized).jpeg7081D244-0441-4207-9149-3606558133F2 (resized).jpeg

#2824 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Yeah. I am not a big IMDN music fan becasue I don’t hear them a lot. I really don’t know whether I like them or not. They don’t get a lot of airtime compared to those other bands listed.
I got IMDN coming becasue of the layout, designer, art, lcd, cranking stern spike system and history with great music pins. I have AS now, had ACDC and would get one back, Met is coming this week, Kiss is great but too similar to AS which I have.
I don’t know IMDN music well but I like what I hear so far the more I dig in. I think it is great pinball music!
Folks say - I don’t want any more music pins! But look at their history and future. They don’t like playing AS, ACDC, MET, KISS and soon IMDN? Maybe we are just on different ends of the spectrum. I will stay over on my side then. Bring on IMDN and also Ozzy, VH, the Crue, LED Zep and Hendrix!

Watch some live performances from the 80’s on youtube and crank up the volume and you will like Iron Maiden! Bruce Dickinsin is effing awesome!

#2881 6 years ago

Well i finally got to play Iron Maiden today. All i can say is.......Dark Knight for Stern my Ass Haters, ha ha haaa!! For all of you guys that are getting one and havent played it yet, you are in for a BIG surprise! This game is absolutely kick MF’in Ass!! I’m going to just say it now, HOME RUN BOYS! I can say that because that’s exactly what this game is. Lets just go ahead and call it a Grand Slam! Great job Stern and Kieth Elwin!

#2884 6 years ago

I cant say yay or nay on that because I obviously didn’t even scratch the surface of the game. All i know is that it is an amazing game and a ton of fun to play. I feel the same way about MET as well. I cant tell you which one is better but i can tell you this much, for anyone that is fortunate enough to own one they are going to be very happy with it and for people fortunate enough to own both of them they are going to be really really happy! Iron Maiden shoots extremely good. Its smooth as butter except for the right ramp, its a little tough. I was playing the mode where you shoot down the planes and what a rush that is, fun as hell!

#2887 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Congrats, Who-Dey. You've been active in this thread for weeks, so it's good to hear you finally got to play it. I finally played it, too, and I played quite poorly, frankly. I didn't make a single left ramp or inner loop, and I started perhaps one multi-ball. Of course, I'm fairly unskilled in general.

I didnt play all that great either believe me lol. I forgot to mention that the left ramp is a bitch also but EXTREMELY satisfying when you make it!

#2898 6 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Man I’m trying to be patient but I may have to pull the trigger on the pro, the wait for the premium is killing me

Definitely wait buddy, it won't be much longer until they reveal the premium. You may as well get the one that you want the most because if you don't you will be sick. Great great game though, good times are in store for you!

#3008 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Lol, this is pinside, where people declare a pin a success or failure based on video, and not actually playing it.

I'm sure glad that I dont do stuff like that!

#3012 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Alright guys; have had my game for 2 days now. Guess I can give a honeymoon phase of a review
This game delivers on so many levels I don’t know where to begin. I guess let’s just get it out of the way, KMFE is a pinball golden god! He absolutely crushed it. Sterns new hires stepped up to the plate and they didn’t just get a homerun, or a grand slam; no they hit this one out of the park - into the lots, breaking windows, and crushing everything known to man.
That said, let’s get on with the review. Don't want to read it all, well here's my TLDR: This game is addicting, like dangerously addicting. You will not want to stop playing unless you're soulless and don't know what fun pinball is.
The rules are so good…so good! There is so much to shoot for and anything you focus on progresses some part of the game. It starts off with high energy and it just keeps getting better and better as you progress - it doesn’t stay at one stagnant level, it just keeps going and going and going. It never slows down, but always speeds up. There are times you want to cradle and trap up and think, but at the same time you want to rush into shots while you have a 2x or 3x going. It’s the only game where I don’t feel like I should purposely drain balls during the ball saver period while focusing on one ball or one shot; there are so many things to shoot for and all of it matters, and you’re rewarded on different levels depending on how, what, or when you shoot the shots. It’s fantastic, and it feels gooooooooood.
Every shot feels good. The super skill shot / super jackpot shot is the hardest shot in the game by far; almost as hard as gem, but it feels so dam good when you hit it - its a ‘fuck yea’ moment when you hit it intentionally. The main loop shot is brilliant. I always felt the warp ramp in ST was the best shot in pinball, this main loop has surpassed it. It’s such a fun loop to hit. The mini loop is so cute, but oh so brutal to hit, yet extremely satisfying when you hit it. It’s almost as hard as that super jackpot shot. The ramps are outstanding. Overall, the shots are difficult, yet makable and is even more fun when you get zoned in.
Not much to say about the artwork that hasn’t already been said. It speaks for itself. The cabinet, the backglass, the play field; best art package to date. I cant wait to see the LE & PREM!
As for the display; it also delivers on many levels. I understand some may not like it, but it works and it works good. Im so glad its simple and legible. It’s nothing to gawk at as an observer, but It’s also not a glob of chaos nor is it hard to follow. Simple and to the point and gives the player precisely what they need to know. It could use some polish and upgrades and may be the weakest part of the game, but it is still one of sterns best LCD integrations. Better than AS & SW for sure, almost as good as BM66.
Sound…O-M-G the sound! The call outs are fantastic. Both the beast call outs and the lady narrative; the game is packed with call outs, and they’re good, real good. Creative, fun, interesting, and relevant. The sound effects are top notch and the music fits perfectly. Favorite call out to date, beast voice “Welcome to my world…….under glass.”
Alright, that all said, time for the bad. Some of the code could use some polish; like hitting a center ramp jackpot, there’s a slight delay with the choreography that could be polished up - I think it’s during aces high. Switch logic could use some polish as well, such as if you lock a ball with the spinner shot there’s a chance it’ll lock 2 balls if the spinner switch gets triggered after the initial ball lock animation. Shooting the middle ramp pharaoh target has its inconsistencies and has at times (fairly rarely) shot back down the middle ramp or hopped the up posts and puts the ball back in play. Ive done some dialing to this aspect like turning down left flipper power and adjusting level/pitch, and it has helped greatly. Otherwise, hitting that 3-switch bullseye target is fun as heck! Even when it bounces around, its fun to hit and aim for the bullseye. Most of that bad stuff is minor and nitpicking - the thing that sucks by far the most on the game is the inconsistency of the auto plunge around the loop. That said, KME mentioned that there’s an adjustment screw under a plastic at the end of the shooter lane that dials in the plunge through the loop. I have yet to play with that screw yet, instead I had already put a washer under the screw of the exit gate which has helped my machine immensely, I plan to play with that adjustment screw though this weekend.
All in all. TLDR part II: If you have this game on order, you will not be disappointed. I cant wait to see the Prem/LE gameplay. If you do not like this pin, you are not human and probably don’t like pinball or life as we know it. Enjoy, and go play some maiden, it's worth it!
Curious to see how I rate this game in 6 months, but I'll go ahead and call it now; best stern to date! EDIT: ....no, best pinball to date! Enjoy

Would you please stop? Im trying not to buy this pin and you're not helping one bit!

#3015 6 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Fighting a losing battle me thinks.

Probably so id say. Im trying to hold out for The Munsters or Elvira 3 but i have a feeling that this game is going to end up in my collection at some point for sure. It is so good that its not even funny.

#3020 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It’s inevitable bro! Mwuahaha. I’d hold out and wait for the prem at this point, just to see; but the pro is a winner. And I can’t wait to see the premium.
There is no pin on the market (new or used) at the $5500 range that can compete with Maiden pro. Hell, there isn’t a game under $8k that matches up to it...except maybe IMDN premium

I agree 100 percent, this game is a winner on so many levels. Can you imagine if this game had the Star Wars theme? There would be so many people buying one that Stern would have to put on a 2nd and 3rd shift at their plant probably! When you have a bunch of people buying a pin that they hate the theme of like this game here, that is saying something!

#3037 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That is a bit depressing to hear...I'm jumping in on this game and hoped they had found a way to reduce the dimpling since the last NIB Stern I bought...guess not.

The Iron Maiden game that i played had been on location for 4 or 5 days and i thought the playfield looked just fine. Yes it had dimpling but nothing terribly bad or out of the ordinary. The game looked beautiful to me and I’d buy one in a heartbeat. You are going to LOVE Iron Maiden i promise you.

#3062 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Let me first say the pro looks to play fantastic....... but The big thing for me with the pro. ( have not played one ) is the lack of mechanical features.
Looks like it shoots amazing, but not having ANY moving anything seems takes away a bit.
I need some moving parts not just a shooter..... that’s a main reason I’m holding out for a Prem/LE

Maybe the Premium and LE will have a little mechanical Eddie monster that walks out on the middle of the playfield and you have to kill him with pinballs!

#3065 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I don't like that I backed out of my LE spot a month before announced!!! Damnit!

That stinks for sure, especially if it ends up having the best art package. You can still get the premium though.

#3069 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Mine arrived today! Set it up and put about a dozen plays on it tonight. In a nutshell, I'm blown away by this layout! It has absolutely exceeded my expectations in every way. The pro delivers so much fun with what I would consider to be one of the best shooting layouts I've played in a long time... every shot just satisfies! On top of that, it plays fast and the code seems very much up to par for this early on. WOW. And I haven't really been blown away with the last several Stern releases to be honest (at least not like this). The 4 flippers on this game make it soooo much fun.
If you're on the fence, I say go for it! This is a fun shooter that's fast and furious to boot! Can't wait to fire it up tomorrow for more plays.

So i guess you're pretty happy with your purchase then?

Now for the big question. ......Iron Maiden or Dialed in? If one had to go which one would it be?

#3144 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

As big of an Iron Maiden fan as I am, I have found myself so focused on the game and shots so much that I didn't even care what song was playing in the background nor did I notice it... it just blurs into the background as I play the game. The playfield and game is that intense during my good games. The multi-balls and modes are pure adrenaline. At the end of a ball I've sometimes had to stop and think about the music because I haven't paid attention to it. The game is that good to me.
I have owned about 50 machines over the past 10 years, and not many have felt this good to play this early on. The only other one I can think of is Iron Man, and that's been in my collection for a solid 7+ years.
May sound like I'm pumping the game, but I really don't have any interest in trying to sell it to anyone, just want to share my experience to provide feedback for those considering it.
And I agree that this is not about Iron Maiden the band, this is about the Legacy of the Beast game so the modes are more about accomplishing something related to the game (IE, powering up the pyramid) than traditional band games (IE, earn backstage pass, on tour, etc.).
Oh, and have I mentioned how satisfying it is to hit the loops on this game? Damn good.

Glad you are enjoying your game and I totally agree with you about the music. I love Iron Maiden but the music I kind of blocked out. The only reason it didn't get blocked all the way out is because I wanted to hear it. I own MET and im not a fan of their music, but I dont even pay any attention to it while im playing the game because its such a fun pin. Bottom line is the music will not ruin a persons experience on this game, even if you can't stand Iron Maiden. Its so fun that you wont even notice it at all.

#3146 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Jeezzzzz khabbi stop it ! I just c'ant wait
To get my LE and it will only be in about 2 months
Just kidding , love reading the reviews and watching video's
I was hopping Lyman would code Maiden but with all i seen and read i am glad Keith is on this ( lyman still my #1)
Keith as been cooking this game and coding for a long time now and it shows.
Love Maiden Love keith Love Stern and i even Love some of you guys ! so excited for this game :::::::::::
Maiiiiiiden !!!!!!!!!!

When are they going to show the Premium and LE models??? I swear that its all I can do to keep myself from buying this game because ive got money put back for The Munsters, but its seriously burning a hole in my pocket and if the Premium comes out and blows me away I dont know what the hell that im going ro do. I in a way hope the Pro is a better value so I could save some money but im really looking forward to see what the Premium has to offer. I really want this damn game bad, but I really dont want another music pin in my lineup either. I need help, all joking aside, Stern has really put me in a bind with this game here big time.

#3157 6 years ago

Has there really been no talk of Iron Maiden in this thread for over 8 hours? Am i in the twilight zone or something? Is this real?

#3161 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Where's the prem/Le pics

I don't know but i really would like to see them. I kind of thought that we would see them by now didn't you? Its gotta be soon i would think.

#3170 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Maiden requires 6 balls.
Have the Stern balls really improved? I don't even take them out of the envelope, as cheap as Stern is I figured they were the same-ol same-ol. I keep a stock of polished pinballs on hand for any new games that come through my door.. Especially new Sterns.

I have used them when i got my Aerosmith and my Game of Thrones and they looked like any other pinballs to me and did just fine.

#3174 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Nope, Stern balls are still crap. Replace them immediately.

Not true. Im not saying they are great but they're not crap either.

#3220 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sometimes they are. I’ve bought eight NIB Sterns over the years. Usually their balls are fine, but you occasionally get what look like test balls in your new Stern machine with dents or rust (happened to me twice). It’s not the end of the world, just replace them.
Man, I am going crazy wanting to see the premium IMDN. I am ready to order a pro...but really want to see the premium first. The premium ships in late May right?

Thats true and sometimes i get a bad ball from who ever i order them from. The old balls that Stern used to give you were terribly bad. They are sending better balls now. I still throw pinball lifes balls in my games when i get them but in two occasions i didn't have any and used the balls that the game came with. They looked just fine and were in my games for a year and still looked fine when i took them out and caused no damage at all.

I dont know when the premium ships but i really would just love to see one at least. COME ON STERN......show us the Premium and LE models dammit! Man if i was Stern id at least show a picture of all three models because alot of pro buyers might fo premium instead if they could see the other midels.

#3235 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Sterns Plan:
1. Release Maiden pro and blow everyone away. Then sell a shit ton of them..
2. Release Maiden LE. Sold Out . Go all out on this and blow the socks off everyone ..
3. Release Maiden PRe.. Go all out on it and sell a shit ton of them.
Everyone is happy... Stern turns up the heat big time on all 3 models..

Me thinks this might be the hottest selling game that Stern has ever made. Probably a big sigh of relief right now for the upper management at Stern after all the flack they have been taking over the last couple of years. This game is so damn good that even the hardcore Stern haters can't find anything to bitch about! I bet Gary is sitting back right now with a drink in his hand and a big smile on his face saying suck it haters!!

#3238 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

How is that any different now?

Lol true

#3239 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

It would sell even better if they'd release the damn Premium/LE pics! ARGH!

I know right? I can't wait to check it out. Something tells me its going to be pretty special. I'd still be happy with the pro though no matter what because its amazing.

#3253 6 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

.... and here we go again with the early buyers claiming their game is the best ever....IMDN debuts at number one on pinside...
....maybe it is, I haven't tried it yet, but then again I don't rate games after a few plays...

Make no mistake about it, this game is Bad Ass! The hype is real, and this game is the real deal and then some.

#3519 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

To be fair, toys is the one category I rated METle slightly higher. That hammer is a cool toy. It cant save the rest of that turdfest, but it is a neat toy.

So you think MET is a turdfest huh? I think you just enjoy getting people fired up because there is no way in hell that you really believe that or half of the other stuff that you say. Metallica is one of the best pinball machines that has ever been made easily. Come on whysnow get real!

#3527 6 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Anyone that refers to MET as a 'turdfest' should be not only banned from Pinside forever, but their America Online dialup account terminated for good

I swear sometimes i really wonder if he doesn't just say things for shock value and to sit back and watch how people respond. I just for the life of me don't believe that he thinks MET Premium is a turdfest, no way he doesn't have fun playing that game.

Just like him giving IMDN a 6.5 out of 10 lmao. I KNOW for a fact that he does not truly believe that and is just trying to get people fired up on here! It's not humanly possible to be that......I'll just say naive because i don't want to get banned.

#3566 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

As soon as I saw who-dey post I knew whysnow reply to him was only going to end in a thread eject

Ive actually been trying to be nicer to whysnow and not get him fired up. I wasnt trying to lure him into a thread eject or anything like that at all, but in the past i could have done that easily to him lol.

#3615 6 years ago

FB6ED74C-C718-4460-91F1-BEC63113F217 (resized).jpegFB6ED74C-C718-4460-91F1-BEC63113F217 (resized).jpeg

#3972 6 years ago

Just tuned in to see the pics. I think the LE is killer looking myself, not sure why people arent liking it. I think its beautiful!

#4378 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

how many songs of Maiden are there? maybe i missed this point.
thanks

I think there is 12 or 13.

#4474 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But the band is metal, period. It's just that they're essentially what metal was in 1975, near the beginning of the genre in the late 1960s. They didn't start as metal, then become hard rock, then become rock, then become muzak. Metal got much harder and more diverse, but it doesn't change the fact that they are one of the founding bands of metal and therefore a metal band.

Iron Maiden is definitely a metal band but even if someone doesn't think they are I say who cares. Iron Maiden kicks ass no matter what and surely anyone who likes Rock n Roll can agree to that!

#4521 5 years ago
Quoted from xian222:

Anyone had a negative experience buying a machine from CoinTaker? I paid the balance in full for a Pro the first week of April. My issue is not that I don't have my Pro yet but that I seem to be getting the run around on when approximately I will get it. Getting a queazy feeling at this point with what I'm being told. Thanks.

Cointaker is awesome! I recently bought a MET Premium from Cointaker and i just gotta say that Melissa is awesome and a pleasure to deal with. I have no doubt that if i have any problems that she will see to it that it gets taken care of. That was my first purchase with Cointaker and they have all of my business moving forward unless they try and gouge me like my previous distro did.....and no i wont give any details so don't ask please. You bought from the right place imo.

#4523 5 years ago

What else are you going to get? Think about it, you pull this stunt three times, you get in trouble three times. But if you buy three pins, when she returns you get in trouble once. Granted it's a big one but once. Stay with me, you probably have raised the bar so high, that you could buy a pin the next year she goes away and she'd only give you a shrug at that point. That's a win-win-win-annuatized_wins situation. Something to think about

This guy here has it all figured out guys! I am going to keep him in mind for future advice.

#4541 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Any premium pics out yet ?

Nope not yet unfortunately.

#4545 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Thx. Just got back today from a cruise. Did not have internet
How about high res pics of the LE playfield ?

Not sure about hi res pics but i dont think there was anything except low res pics. I think Dead Flip is doing a stream on the LE on Tuesday though.

#4549 5 years ago

Wow nice pics, i didnt see those! Thank you!

#4579 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Oh, I am in for sure bro, just not sure if it’s a premium or pro for me.

I would love to see the Pro model be about as good as the Premium. That would encourage me to get one for sure.

#4589 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

At this point it's worth waiting until the LE gameplay reveal and Prem pics but my gut feeling tells me that the Pro is going to be the best looking and playing version of the 3. No lift ramps, ramp diverters, scoops or physical ball locks to slow the ball down and kill your flow yet it keeps all the flippers, spinners, RGB inserts and everything else that makes the game fun. And I like that the Orb target is recessed instead of sticking out. The cabinet art is going to be tough to beat for the Premium. I mean it's got "Killers" on the back box sides and "the Trooper" on the cab. I think it's hands down Stern's best Pro to date and they are going to sell a ton of them!

I sure hope you are right. Generally the Premium is better but there definitely are some pros that end up being better than the Premiums. IMDN is definitely one of the strongest pros ever though, if not the strongest ever. I also avree that they are going to sell boatloads of them. Its going to be a hot item for quite awhile i believe.

#4597 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

That’s what is so crazy. Stern’s plan has succeeded. We all think this Pro is “loaded”! LOL! It has spinners!!!! ZOMG!!! It has a captive ball!!! It has, count ‘em, FOUR flippers! It has a target!!! It even has traditional service rails!!!!! IT’S LOADED!!!
LOL, it’s not.
It is still awesome and easily Sterns best game since TWD, but let’s not kid ourselves on the “value” here. The pro has almost nothing in it.

He probably didn't neccessarily mean "loaded" to the hilt, he probably just meant that this is a very solid pro model considering it has RBG insert lighting, LCD, 2 spinners.....yeah i know spinners dont cost jack shit but its still awesome that you dont have to step up to a Premium to get them, and you shouldn't have to either, it has service rails which are nice to have back, it comes nearly code complete, killer artwork by Zombie Yetti instead of lame ass printed pictures, and the game is just fun as hell period.

Compare this game to a couple of other games that are out right now or soon (1 year probably ) to be coming out that are 6k-7k and id say we should be pretty happy about Iron Maiden. I wont mention any names of games but if you think real hard im sure you can figure it out. Heck I'll even go a step further and say compare it to games that cost 8500 to 12k, and i still say Maiden kicks their ass, because it's that damn good! This is one of the best pins ever produced period! Yeah its alot of money and probably even too expensive but when you compare it to what else is out there it seems like a bargain to me.

Go put your money down and pay more money on a competitors game and wait a year or two for a game that cant touch Iron Maiden haha. ...yeah that's what i would do if i was you!!

#4598 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not sure about much detail(have u seen the cheap plastic crap and all the ugly screws everywhere) but it has a nice art package and refreshing layout compared to most sterns. Thank goodness they hired keith and he had this layout and most things done or at least thought of allready. Stern needed to bring something different to the table which wldnt have happen otherwise imo . Im not saying its a bad pin by any means (plan on getting a premium) ...just that most think its the most amazing deal stern has had . However in all actuality theres really not much there. We just got so use to them stripping things away that 5700 for a pro with some playfield supports, spinners, a few rgb lights, 4 flippers and metal ramps looks like a deal.

Yeah but what do other games that are 6k and more have that this one doesn't? Also i wouldn't say that a game like this couldn't happen without Keith Elwin, (although i thank him mightily for it)....don't forget about John Borg and Steve Ritchie, two of the greatest pinball designers in the history of pinball. Dont think for a minute that they couldn't and havent or will never make a game this good.

#4631 5 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

With everyone talking about the problems with cabinet build quality and the fact the playfields still divot like crazy right out of the box I'm getting quite a bit nervous...

I didn't realize that "everyone" was talking about their cabinets falling apart, i must have missed that? Even last year when cabinet gate was going on it pretty much proved to be way overblown and a non issue except for a few cases but i haven't heard of anyones Iron Maiden cabinets falling apart yet or GOTG.

Oh yeah and in case nobody told you yet, ALL playfields dimple. Its just not a big deal, play it enough and it will start looking better and better the more plays you put on it. These are not show cars, they are pinball machines and dimples are part of the hobby.

#4668 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You own a shirt?

Lol this thread has gotten funny as shit but can we please get back to talking about how awesome that the new Iron Maiden game is?

#4711 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Look, I agree IMDN Pro is an awesome game and will outsell the LE/Premium, but we’re talking features here: MET Pro does have more features than IMDN Pro. Plus, it was about $1500 less! I’m not sure why there is an argument. It’s a fact that this is a stripped game. Doesn’t make it any less fun. One of my favorite games of all time, IM, is pretty stripped down too.
MET:
1) In-line drops (3)
2) Custom-molded cross (not motorized)
3) Custom shaking Sparky bash toy
4) Sparky magnet
5) Custom-molded snake scoop
6) Captive ball
7) Graveyard magnet
8 ) Mystery scoop
9) Laser etched Ramps w/ wire-forms
10) Up-post divertor (1)
IMDN:
1) Bullseye target
2) Laser etched Ramps w/ wire-forms
3) Up-post divertor (2)
4) Captive ball
5) Spinners (2)
PS: Spike is a downgrade from SAM too.

A plastic grave marker means nothing
Magnets not really a big deal
IMDN pro has 2 spinners, MET none
MET has 2 scoops thats nice
Sparky is kinda cool
IMDN has one.more up post diverter
IMDN has 4 flippers
IMDN has a LCD, MET has a DMD

That all seems pretty even to me honestly and the cost of the 2 games are probably the same now because they always tack on the price increases to older games too. MET is amazing, but it definitely doesnt kick Iron Maidens ass by any means and its possible that IMDN might end up being the better game even or at least as good. Sorry but i just dont see IMDN being stripped down compared to MET at all.

#4718 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Really magnets are no big deal? They are my favorite things on a pin in most cases and met really fights u back... especially the sparky one.

Magnets are fun but i wouldn't upgrade to a Premium just to get a couple magnets and im not disappointed that IMDN doesn't have them either. Lots of great games dont have magnets.

#4720 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Oh Who-Dey, you are entertaining!

Well i mean seriously lol, you think a plastic cross is a big deal? Hell buy one for a fifty cents and glue it in to a IMDN game. You can argue the magnets a little maybe but not a damn little plastic cross.

#4721 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea magnet comment was odd to me.... they add alot to gameplay impo . Really love when met holds it in the graveyard to knock off for super jackpots.....

I just dont find them to be a huge deal. Shit, give me a spinner any day over a magnet!

#4724 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I enjoy the band Maiden More than Metallica. I enjoy both pins. I do feel that as great and differnt Iron Maiden is with tons of shots still wanted a little more (or features) in the premium/le game.

Im not sure what more you could ask for really other than a Eddie bash toy or something? What else did you have in mind?

#4725 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Depends how they are implemented, magnets are usually cooler than a spinner. Think myst on BSD or the magnet array on TAF...spinners can’t reallt touch those games’ magnet action. That said, not all magnets are created equal, some are not implemented well.

Thats true but the magnets we are talking about here do nothing other than catching and holding a ball and maybe fling it when they release. Theres nothing better than ripping a couple of spinners on a pinball machine! As crazy as it may sound, that was one of the reasons that i got a MET Premium over the Pro. Im glad that they put the spinners on the IMDN Pro also because all pinball machines should have spinners imo.

#4727 5 years ago

Maybe a cannon that popped up in the middle like Black Rose, the center shot to go through back of game like LOTR, it has a tons of shots and ramps which I love and plays great but still wanted more as always bu5 specially in this game since I wanted made for past 5 years, the back pyramid castle to stick out like Alice Cooper castle, an Eddie in the corner I guess, not sure but Metallica has the snake, Cross, hammer, sparky, and coffin. Also I wanted a scope instead of the ball on left.

I can understand that there are things you would change but this game isnt a disappointment in any way i don't think. Have you played IMDN yet and seen how good it is? It's unbelievable!!!

#4729 5 years ago

Yes I played two weeks ago, not saying it’s not great and I enjoyed and would love to own. Just always want more in games I guess that’s all, can’t help it as wanted this game made since I joined pinside so maybe I thought about it forever. Just like AC/DC I wanted more in game as well.

If you have always wanted a Maiden Pin i think you will love this game for sure and if its a dream theme for you i would splurge for the Premium. I like Iron Maiden but i wasnt going to buy this game and after i saw how much fun it is, now i want one.

#4730 5 years ago

Well today is the big day guys. Are the Premium/LE features going to be worth the extra money or not? Im talking strictly from a gameplay standpoint and nothing else. This thread is literally going to catch on fire tonight!

#4782 5 years ago

Thats awesome! Lol

#4789 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Anybody else
Having problems with the stream?

Yep, some sort of a delay looks like

#4792 5 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

There's a woman sewing something on screen....what am I doing wrong?

Playing pinball instead of sewing. It should be on in a few lol.

#4826 5 years ago

The LE is gorgeous and loaded with cool stuff and if i had the money I'd get one but honestly, gameplay wise i think that i like the Pro almost as much as the Premium/LE and im pretty happy about that.

#4828 5 years ago

Its nice that us po folks can get a game that isnt lacking much in the gameplay department for a change. Thank you Stern!

#4831 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm confused as shit right now!
Missed stream because of work. What am i missing? They already showed up the LE cab and artwork and distro said they are about to ship?

They said that the games have already shipped if im not mistaken. You're going to be very happy with your LE though i can tell you that!

#4842 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Aurich I apologize for the low blow in that chat. That was dickish. Luv ya bud.

Awww......

#4853 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I think this game is great for everyone, to be honest. I really liked the Prem/LE features. Prem/LE owners will feel they got their money's worth while Pro owners won't feel like they were left out.

You said it perfectly. The pro is a very strong pro model gameplay wise and personally thats how it should be in my opinion. This game is going to make lots and lots of people happy. I personally wanted to be able to buy a pro and save some money toward my next game and it looks like that is exactly what i will be able to do.

My next game hopefully will be The Munsters and i may splurge for a Premium on that since i love the theme but i wanted Maiden also but only wanted the Pro model........without having to buy a game that I felt like is lacking in the gameplay and features department. Just the little stuff like putting the spinners on the pro, they should never take away spinners from the game just because its a pro model. Thats ridiculous when they do that, just my opinion though of course.

This game F*cking rocks man and i love it!

#4855 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Hope you at least had the courtesy of giving him a reach around

Oh he did trust me. Grysszzz loves doing that kind of nasty stuff!

#4900 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

So, I'm curious if people are sticking with the LE, going Premium, or Pro. Is the LE $3.3k+ better than the pro, a 58% price difference? Or the premium $1.6k more, a 28% difference? It seems more like a 10 or 15 percent difference in gameplay watching the stream, but I haven't gotten to play any of them yet. Hard decision!

The best thing about it is, there is no bad choices because they are all amazing. I dont think anybody is crazy for spending the extra coin on the LE or the Premium and i dont think people who buy a Pro are getting a inferior game either. I say if you have the extra money then go for the Premium and if you are on a budget then get the Pro and you will be as happy as a little kid on Christmas morning!

#4903 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I am haunted by this game after playing 2 weeks ago.....and I dont like Iron Maiden.....at this time...pure torture!

Same here, this game is all i can think about. It's kind of like when you see the most beautiful woman in the world and you cant stop thinking about her, know what im saying Oldpinguy?

#4908 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I thought the LE looked great in the Dead Flip stream - love the lighting effects and the additional gameplay enhancements! A marked improvement over the Pro videos and once again, the full featured Premium or LE will be worth the additional cost to me.

If its worth it to you thats all that matters. When I got my MET, the biggest reason i got a Premium is because i love the two spinners on the Premium and the light show. Is that worth the extra money? Hell no not when you add up the cost of the extra features it has but its worth it to me because i love the light show and ripping those spinners, and watching the hammer smash the ball into the playfield etc.

#4911 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The sculpts look better than flat plastics, but are kind of a non issue (and not hard to do yourself in some fashion if you care). The RGB flasher was neat, but not a game changer in any way, same with the red GI. Nice, but kinda minor. It really comes down to the diverter and ramp stuff, and while I dig all of it, it didn't feel like, what, $1700 more or so for the Premium? Lot of cash for a couple ramp gimmick that don't seem too essential to the gameplay.
If you have the money and it's a non issue? Sure, but I dunno. I like the idea of keeping as much of the Archer stuff as possible, but tough to justify, and I think not a lot of talk just because it wasn't flashy or wow, just neat.
Be better when we can play it ourselves or at least get more true hands on impressions of how much it matters to the gameplay.

The Premium and LE is better but just not anything that is going to make most people say “gotta have it!” With that being said though I dont think many people who was going to buy a Premium or LE is going to change their mind and drop down to a pro. I think it makes the Pro people happy also knowing that they aren’t getting some stripped down turd. Everyone can be happy about this game no matter which model that they buy. That is a win win for everybody involved, Stern and the customers both. This game is going to sell big time because they didnt screw the pro buyers and they gave the Premium/LE buyers what they wanted also. If anyone complains about this game here other than not liking the music then they just dont like pinball and should probably find another hobby because this game is Dope!

#5001 5 years ago

Im glad that i slept really late today. It saved me almost 6 thousand dollars.

#5007 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night?

No I stayed at work last nite all nite. Thats pretty much where all.of my time has been being spent for the last 3 weeks. Go to work, come home and sleep a little, get up and shower and eat and go back into work. It sucks but it's really good for my pinball fund. I have about 3 more weeks of the OT but i just keep telling myself that im working all this OT for an IMDN game and it makes me forget about not having a life for 6 weeks.

#5013 5 years ago

Ch i

Yes, I still think it’s fun but upset or disappointed things left out as always want as much in a game especially in the Premium and Le models. The Pro is great. It just does not have the wow factor for a 4 flipper game compared to (TZ or Adams Family or IJ) was hoping for besides the great amount of shots. I like the diverter ramp on left wish I wish more game had like some of the older games. I wanted this game made for years and maybe expected too much or advancements since 5 years has passed. Trying to decide if I would like a Metallica Premium over Maiden Premium in small collection even though I Like Maiden music way more.

Wooo.....good luck deciding between those two games because thats a tough one there. You got MET that is a proven winner and one of the best games ever made vs the new kid on the block that is standing about as tall as King Kong right now and living up to all of its hype and its probably going to go down as one of the all time greats too. Honestly if it were me i think i would go with the theme that you like the most. To me though, it doesnt really matter which game you choose because you've hit the pinball lottery either way.

#5023 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

You go right ahead and just leave your lame ass plastic figures then and STFU. Some people like to make a good game look better with cheap add ons.

I think Vid was just joking......i hope so anyway because i kinda like those Eddie dolls myself.

#5028 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I know a couple of places I can fit my big boy toy inside a doll.

This thread is really going down the crapper big time!

#5034 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I have an extra NIB “Killers” Eddie that would be a cool replacement for one of the cheap plastic figures if anyone is interested.

Where do you get those at anyway? That looks really detailed.

#5050 5 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Yep, May 3rd and still no announcement from the band. It's a bit ridiculous now at this point. Their first date to kick off the Legacy Of The Beast tour is May 26th. I wouldn't be surprised if they wait until that day to announce it.

I hope you’re wrong because that would really suck. I cant believe they havent showed it yet.

#5178 5 years ago

So if someone called to order a Pro right now how long would it take to get one? I assume there arent any in stock anywhere right? Not that im thinking about doing that or anything but i was just wondering.

#5195 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Hope it lives up to the Pinside hype....

Oh it will trust me!

#5463 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

In all fairness to the Doomsday crowd, there were two cabinets that were cracked. The games were side by side, delivered to the same distributor. I spoke with them many times between Thursday and Saturday, and was told that those were the only two cabinet issues they had seen. There were (best guess?) maybe 8 Iron Maiden Pros on demo, and I didn’t see any others with similar issues.
So let’s keep an eye out and report back with any others that might also be cracked, but keep things in check until then.
(Though after reading the last few pages on this thread, that appears to be too late for some people. Meh, whatever. I fell in love in Allentown and can’t wait to get my Iron Maiden pin!)

I agree Chambahz totally. Are you getting a Pro or a Premium?

#5476 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

man can't wait until this thread gets back on track! Impressions, pics of the game, etc....

Agreed, 2 bad cabinets does not equal ALL IMDN cabinets are having problems and falling apart.

#5501 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I'm getting ready to order a pro. First nib, first stern. This is what I can expect ???

No that is not what to expect. Could it happen? Yeah i suppose it could but if you buy a new car the engine could blow up too. Bad cabinets are not the norm and you will get a new cabinet if yours were to be defective.

#5506 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

While that is certainly true, a couple bad cabinets should make us ask some questions. These items are expensive. We need to know what to do to help prevent what happened on those two games from happening on our games.
If Stern is aware of what caused the problem on those two games and has addressed it themselves that’s all well and good, but I’ve not seen an indication such is the case.

Thats true but then when you realize how many games a year that they make and only have a handful of bad cabinets, that should eliminate any concerns that you may have pretty much.

#5587 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I was thinking about the Pro, Premium, and LE and then Bobcade made my decision easier with his unboxing:

Man that red armor sure is Purdy!

#5602 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

isn't it the same armour from Star Trek Premium?

Im not sure but i love the color and it looks fantastic. Are you getting IMDN Neil? If you do i cant wait to see you stream it!

#5747 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I still click on this thinking that the premium is actually going to be revealed......

Would be nice wouldn't it? Hell i forgot all about it, not even joking. I guess i gave up on it ir something.

#5894 5 years ago

The good thing is, all 3 models are amazing! Im going to buy a Pro and on this particular game here i wont feel like I've got a lesser game at all. This very possibly could be Sterns strongest Pro ever. Im glad its so good because there are alot of people that will buy this game for that reason alone. Some people will not or can not buy a premium or an LE so they just dont buy anything at all alot of times. This game changed all of that. You gotta throw the little guy a bone once in awhile and Stern did just that!

#6015 5 years ago

Went and played IMDN again last night, what a great game this is! Im gonna be in the club soon i think!

#6023 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

The more I think about it, maybe not. Have they ever numbered premiums? Don't think they'll release another LE, although I wouldn't care if they did. I just see them releasing premiums, then doing a Luci with it in a year and capitalizing on the success of this machine. Who knows.

So Gryszzz what do you think about your new game? Is it everything that you hoped it would be? give us a mini review of the game. On a scale on 1-10, where do you rate it so far?

#6039 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Well I'm a little biased, so ya might not wanna put too much stock in my review. 1-10 I give it a score of 666. Ha.
It is everything I hoped it would be. I'm slow with rulesets, so I really have no idea wtf I'm doing yet. My highest score so far is a measley 122m.
Some things I love:
-JBL speakers. Mind blowingly loud and sound great. Prob need those external amps Vireland linked because the amp used isn't pushing them hard enough.
-Sarcophagus lock. When It spills 3 balls out it is too cool for school.
-Trooper multiball. Not 100% sure, as I was a little hazy last night, but I could swear that it started with 2 balls but kept adding balls till there were 6. THAT IS B'DASS!
-Foil cab and true backglass are just gorgeous
-Shooting down planes in Aces High mode...so fun
-Shot geometry. Every time I play it I think I find a new shot to shoot.
What I'm not so crazy about:
-The speakers clipping at high volume.
-The sculpted Eddies. Not my thing, would rather have that time and effort put into QC.
-Songs tied to inserts. This pretty much guarantees no tracks will be added. But live versions I think, will be.
All in all I'm doing fkn backflips over this thing. I think about how at Chicago Expo when JJPOTC was revealed, and we were like, oh shit, Uncle Gary better step his game up. Well, he did. Now I see why he's always smiling.

I love the sculpted Eddies! Also as far as quality goes, i looked the one over real good that i played last night and it is holding up very well. The shooter lane looks great and no cabinet issues that i could see, clearcoat looks nice etc. i know its a new game but its a location game and this guys games get alot of play from what i hear.

#6046 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

good to hear that stern quality on their LEs is holding up for at least a week. well done my friend

I knew someone would say that and try to make me look like a fool. Thats why i mentioned that this game is on location and gets lots of plays and slammed around alot. This game probably already has more plays on it than most people will put on their games in two or three years. If it makes you feel any better though, all of his Stern games are holding up well from what i can see and they get played ALOT and they are in a bar where they get more abuse than what they would in a home environment.

#6052 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

grow some thicker skin sir. multiple thumbs down for a joke comment? wow, only here on pinside

I have thick skin and im not even mad so its all good. I was just trying to let Gryszzz know that so far “with limited but more use than most IMDN games” that so far the game is holding up well. I usually take a peek at location games and just look at the areas that people put Cliffys like kick back scoops and shooter lanes etc and these games still look pretty good after lots and lots of plays. Im not in any way recommending that people shouldn’t buy protectors for their games either and I actually buy Cliffys for my games as well, but it is encouraging that these games are holding up well and not falling apart and getting worn out in these critical areas like alot of people are being led to believe.

I also understand that there are some problems out there too so im not trying to act like these games cant have issues. I just like knowing that im not buying total junk and that my games are most likely going to hold up and stay looking good, because these games are getting a sh*tload of play and seeing is believing. The playfield on IMDN seems to be really nice quality. I looked it over really good last night and the game just looks fantastic. It’s definitely not a dimpled up clearcoat chipping, ghosting POS by any means.

#6215 5 years ago

All three models look fantastic but man that Premium is beautiful!

#6223 5 years ago

Yeah which may be my plan, though I got so upset over it I may just sell it, bypass the other models and start focusing on the next Spooky release as those guys treat their customers perfecto. I haven't felt this burned in a long time. I truly feel as much as everyone loves this game, that most are not realizing that this was a completely botched deal and this should not be repeated. Trust me, I absolutely love the art on all 3 (Zombie Yeti is one of my favorite illustrators), but when it comes down to it the Egyptian theme is a much bigger sell for me, not the random aviation theme that appeared after the games were already built. The marketing materials saying "battlefield" for the cabinet art... which was not true at all is a big no-no, and the whole not revealing art until they ship?!? I understand it's because of art approvals with the licensee... but in all reality this game should have been DELAYED until all of the art was approved.
The more I think about this, the more I get upset, and I don't know if I've ever really been upset about anything related to pinball.
Stern, I have been praising you and your games for a long time. This time I just don't know what to say...

How could you possibly be so upset about this? The LE looks amazing and IMDN is an amazing game. I like the Premium art package the best myself but not everyone does, some people like the LE the best. This is one of the most amazing pinball machines ever made and you are fortunate enough to be able to afford an LE and you are mad. I dont get it.

#6229 5 years ago

I am mad because we as consumers should have the choice between which model (fully revealed art included) as soon as it goes on sale. The blind box reveal thing was not a good approach... $10 for one of those vs $9000 for one of these is a big difference.
I have been onboard this whole time and have been counting down the days to get the game until today... when I realized full and clear that we should have all seen what all three models look like before buying them. This game should have been delayed until they could show all 3 the day the LE's go on sale.
oh... also.... I can't really afford it. I am an operator and put it on a Credit Card.

It would be nice to see all three models but i dont think they ever reveal all three at once do they? People who buy LE’s arent going to ever drop down to a pro or premier model anyway. Art is a matter of personal taste and some people here are barfing at how the Premium looks. The LE is sharp as hell also and plus you get a real back glass with it amongst other things. Crank up the volume, grab a beer and relax, you have one of the most bad ass pinball machines that has ever been made!

#6278 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sure they do, it's utterly normal in fact. Happened tons of times. Then they started adding different versions later, like with Metallica and Walking Dead, sort of with Luci, and now everyone is used to it being stupid to the point when you've already forgotten it's not normal.
If you're mad because you ordered an LE then stop posting on Pinside, take a breath, look in the mirror, and realize there's exactly one person to blame for it.
Nobody made you do it. Yes, it's lame they didn't reveal stuff ahead of time, but it's still on you to be a rational adult and make decisions based on the information available. Limited Edition games aren't magical, it's an art package. If you don't order one and miss out the world will keep on spinning. If you did and you regret it, sell it, make or lose some money, keep breathing.

I didn't buy an LE, matter of fact i havent bought any version of the game yet lol.

#6309 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Some more pics.
The armor looks so awesome in person with the metallic flake.
Foil art kicks ass.
Mirrored backglass = has to be seen in person to appreciate

Looks sweet KPG! Best game in your collection?

#6311 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Newest one is always the best lol

True! lol

#6324 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Hahaha !!!!
Well.... I love Star Wars LE.. and Dialed In is awesome.
Iron Maiden is great but I don't know if I could give up the others for it just yet. I'm pretty happy with my lineup right now. Maiden compliments the other pins I have perfectly though !

You definitely have a great lineup. Are you getting Deadpool or The Munsters? I cant wait for The Munsters!

#6329 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Munsters not so much - and this is the first I've heard of Deadpool???

Rumor has it Deadpool is the next game. Thats just a rumor of course, it may or may not be true.

#6466 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well... I just got to view the premium pictures... My fear was correct... It's my least favorite art package of the lot. I think overall the pro has the best art package. I like the translite better, and I think it has the best cab art. Yes, the Prem has a more cohesive feel to it, and it does match up nicely to the backwall on the playfield... But, Iron Maiden is more than powerslave and Egypt theme. And I feel all the other art packages did a better job at expressing it. I don't really like the LE backglass or main cab art. The top box art though I think is the best out of all three. But, to me the main cab for the LE just doesn't pop. Its not a dealbreaker for me. As I put down the rest of my payment tomorrow. And it is a beautiful cab... Just my least favorite of the bunch.
I think for the amount of money we all are paying. We should be able to actually choose which art packages and playfields we want. Ohhhh well...
Once I get the game I'll go back to complaining about unfinished codes, or late code updates... For now I can't wait to get my machine!

The Premium has the best looking art package by far i think. Its one sexy Beast!

#6474 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I prefer the Pro over premium by a long shot.. JMHO

I like the pro alot except for the back glass. The pro is probably what im going to end up with so its a good thing i like it also.

1 week later
#6766 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Will the moving ramp on Maiden possibly scratch up the PF?
I recall TWD Premium/LE players & owners reporting issues of a clunky ramp feel and scratched PF’s

Just put a piece of mylar there if it doesnt already have one and you should be good to go.

#6874 5 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Got my premium today! Had an interesting delivery experience - UPS Freight truck shows up at my house, only for the game to not be on it! Call the local depot up and they apologize, saying it’s sitting there on the loading dock, was supposed to be loaded on the truck but wasn’t
Thankfully I have my own truck and the depot wasn’t far, went and picked it up myself because why wait for tomorrow when you can have it today!! Box was perfect so at least they handled it well during transit.
Set it up as soon as I got home and wow, it is BEAUTIFUL, a sight to behold! Set it at 7.2 degrees and it is fast and brutally hard at that angle. Every mech and target is working great right out of the box! Super happy and looking forward to getting home from work tomorrow so I can install my flipper fidelity kit and play some more!

I love the Premium art package, congrats!

#6880 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I got my prem yesterday. I decided to have a shaker installed in it... That turned out to be a little bit of a mistake. As first my floor in the room it went into is all kinds of unbalanced and jacked up. I'll need to fix it before I put any more in... Second, it vibrates too and shakes it a lot... I am afraid it might damage some of my pipes in my basement. My house is a 100 year old house and has some issues. So I might disconnect the shaker. I really like it. But, just not the best house to have one in. But, I will be getting a few pipes fixed and I'll be fixing the floor...So, maybe once I do that I can turn it back on.
Besides all of that. Its a really really good game. The ramps are hard to hit, but not impossible, plays really fast. My only beef is I can't really ever look up to check out the animations. I miss over half of them. And during multiballs... Really its so crazy I just look at the two main flippers and hope for the best... Which so far my best game has been over 200 million... Not too bad... I want to get to 300 million... But, only had it for one day... Its a smooth playing game. Don't know if its the best game ever like how its rated. I only played a handful of real pinball machines. But, its a really, really, really good one.

If its vibrating so much that its going to damage your floor and pipes in your house, id be worried about it damaging the pinball machine more than anything. Sounds like you should have bought a house instead of a pinball machine. Lol

#6934 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I fucked up buying Aerosmith
Look at the code love Maiden is getting
Noiyce
Congrats to the owners of a well coded game from what I can gather

Sell it and get a IMDN then so you wont be so unhappy. I love my AS and im looking forward to the code update this summer.

#6972 5 years ago

When a game has been out two months and the excitement and hype has not died down one bit, or maybe even keeps growing........you KNOW it is a kick ass game! IMDN is also a theme that alot of people dont care about so you have to consider that also. This game is HUGE and i WILL be a member of the club one of these days........soon i hope! This game kicks major ass!

#6979 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Welp, thanks for the confirmation VL. I couldn't feel a scratch there, but it looks like a gouge. Since I'm talkin about feel in kinda dumb...after the glass off session (and Flashburns confirmation) I just realized the sarcophagus lock only holds a single ball for Mummy multiball. This whole time I've been trying to get 2 balls locked in there....doh.
Point is my sarcophagus lock is fine. If my shot is too slow to the hidden passage, I have to slap the back to get it to fall...but that's on me. A fast, clean shot will make it and no ball search.
I feel pretty damn lucky really as now I realize my only issue has been orb switch. Stern must send Trent and JJ all the good ones.
Man, takin the glass off to figure shit out makes everything cohesive and it's all coming together now.
Not gonna apologize for bein a little slow...that's just the loneliness of the long distance runner. Eventually I'll get there.

Hey nobody is an expert right off the bat and most of us never will be experts but we learn a little here and a little there and the next thing you know you got all of these cool tools and can do most of the work yourself. Even if someone doesn't service their own games i still dont see no shame in that, they just need someone close by that can help them. As long as you love pinball thats all that matters to me!!

1 month later
#7120 5 years ago

Is the honeymoon over for this game? There's not been much activity in the IMDN threads lately. By the time i get my game this place will be a ghost town and i will be in here talking to myself!

#7124 5 years ago

That's what i like to hear!

#7130 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Hey Jason,
I’ve had a few setbacks since going back to work 3 days a week, I am finding out that the brain injury that the tumor left me with is causing me some problems. I am doing the best I can but if I push myself too hard my brain literally shuts down, it’s very frustrating but I am alive so I can’t complain. I have had to sell off a couple games to raise some cash as I have missed much work and have bills to pay, but I will be back on my feet soon and rebuy my games.
Thanks for checking on me
Sean

Hang in there Sean, it will all work out and you can get your games back soon!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.