20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (6 years ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (6 years ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (6 years ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (6 years ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (5 years ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (5 years ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (5 years ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider westofrome.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#769 6 years ago

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#932 6 years ago

What's the story with the "industry first" hit-detecting newton ball - how is it different than a regular old captive ball?

#1117 6 years ago

What was the last game without a single VUK?

#1135 6 years ago

Guardians Pro has a scoop on the right, Star Wars has the half-scoop...can't think of any games without a single VUK right now.

#1139 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think you're mixing up what a saucer and VUKs are. But GOT is the answer

Both saucers and scoops use VUKs (vertical up-kickers) to eject the ball. But yes, GOT pro might be the only other one. I mean literally most EMs have VUKs.

#1146 6 years ago

Fair enough, so what do you call the mechanism that kicks the ball out of a scoop or saucer?

#1155 6 years ago

I'm learning so much about pin terminology here. Interesting that Stern is moving away from even saucers/scoops in favor of posts. I genuinely can't think of any single game back to the 70s that didn't have a single saucer or scoop other than this and GOT pro.

#1409 6 years ago

I do feel good that we're seeing changes like support rails in the pro and an honest to god old-fashioned multi-entrance subway system in the the premium. What's next - a widebody? An actual lower pop bumper? A widebody unlicensed theme with a lower pop and a non-Italian bottom? I feel the Gary Rules grip loosening...fingers crossed.

#1448 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As a reference, williams’ Time Fantasy has seven coils. That’s what cost cutting looks like.
Hey anybody notice on the stream before plunging a ball, the score would
Display player 1, then a quick flash of Up the Irons?
Nice touch to be appreciated by all maiden fans!!! How else should they expect to be greeted by their pinball machine?

Time Fantasy:
2 flippers
2 slings
3 pops
1 ball trough kicker
1 knocker (?)

8 or maybe 9? and this was intentionall the lowest coil count in modern pin history IIRC

#1450 6 years ago

What's the highest coil count? I think I count around 30 on the Hobbit.

#1459 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I think I counted 38 one time? The highest I know of, although WoZ is up there too.. Then again Hobbit has ten coils just in one 5 bank of drops so its not really saying that much

In a five bank it would have 6 coils (five individually controlled drops + reset) right? So all drops on Hobbit would amount to 14 coils.
Drops 14
Slings 2
Flippers 3
Pops 3
Kickback 1
VUKs 2
Troll mechs 4
Trough 1
Auto launcher 1
Knocker 1
Ramp diverter 1

33 total?

#1479 6 years ago

Hobbit coils
Drops 22
Slings 2
Flippers 3
Pops 3
Kickback 1
VUKs 2
Troll mechs 4
Trough 1
Auto launcher 1
Knocker 1
Ramp diverter 1
Controllable posts (left outlane, loops, left ramp) 4
Coin lockout?? 1

Still only adds up to 46, no idea where the other *23* coils are being used. LTG can you post a chart? Or be a guest on my new coil counting podcast and explain?

#1482 6 years ago

You're doing it wrong, I count coils to fall asleep. They're the sheep of the pinball world.

#1494 6 years ago

Can Pinside add a coil number to price ratio to every game profile?

#1497 6 years ago

What a long and winding road this thread has been amirite

#1635 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Without having watched a lot of the Archer game, what features is the Pro missing? I thought it looked pretty complete, but I’ve only casually watched video on YouTube.

Basically there's a subway system with scoops under the center ramp and in the right inner loop that feed a lower left scoop. On the Pro, no scoops, just stationary targets in those places. I think there's also a more layered back panel on the Premium.

#1642 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Why should any of them go up?

14 coils don’t come cheap

#1695 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No subway system at all on the Pro. Entrance under center ramp and at vari-target, exit below bottom pop bumper on the prem/le.

The newton ball also has some fancy "hit-detecting" thing going on on the Prem/LE.

Just goes to show how low Stern has set the bar. People are falling over themselves talking about how loaded the Pro is, because it has spinners.

#1719 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't believe the scoop exiting below the pops is gone. All the subway entrances exit there, so it would be weird to remove it.
Many Premium/LEs have subways. Ghostbusters did (but it was really small/short).

Metallica Prem/LE has the little subway from the hammer lock to the scoop. But beyond that it's been a real long time.

#1722 6 years ago

Pretty sure the last Stern game to have an honest to goodness subway was Rollercoaster Tycoon (2002!).

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1750 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

What about Metallica LE-coffin to mystery scoop. ?

Right, the last subway before Metallica was RCT. The last widebody was...Batman Forever?

1 week later
#2063 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You should really listen to the c2c podcast interview with Keith. He discusses this at detail... including some of the 'cheats' he was able to do with a homebrew that had to be changed to make them into a real stern game (like shortening the PF).. and that's where some of the Gomez input came from.

I’ve often wondered why we can’t have more “deepbodies” to add new possibilities to playfield design. When was the last one - Af-Tor?

#2264 5 years ago

I know I’m in the super minority but listening to Bruce era Maiden just makes me want to listen to Operation:Mindcrime or The Crimson Idol or something else in the metal opera genre. Obv Iron Maiden pioneered the sound and these ppl are just following but I find the vocals more nuanced and on point and the subject matter more engaging on pretty much any of the Maiden-inspired concept stuff.

2 weeks later
#3955 5 years ago

They actually removed the subway to the lower scoop? Sigh

#3991 5 years ago
Quoted from TheWizard00:

yeah i posted that it didnt have a subway and scoop way earlier in the thread, keith mentioned it on the coast 2 coast podcast right when the pro was revealed. I dont remember who but someone kept insisting it would have a subway even after after the podcast came out, saying it was going to have all the same stuff archer had, ill have to go back through the bajillion posts to remind myself who was wrong lol. LE looks badass congrats to those guys, now bring on the premium cause i want to buy one!

I can’t tell what’s going on in the right upper loop where the vari target to scoop shot was in Archer. But that must be gone too, right?

I’m sure this will be super fun but the fanatical anti subway bias at Stern is a bummer. It leads to so many “balls bouncing back at you from where you shot it” situations where it seems like a subway should naturally be.

#4202 5 years ago

Wonder if anyone will attempt a vari-target>subway>scoop mod to restore those features a la the drop target on Dirty Harry or Judge Dredd deadworld locks.

I thought the vari-target you needed to hit hard enough to expose enough space for the ball to drop down was truly innovative and it’s a bummer it was sacrificed at the alter of Gary’s anti-subway philosophy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider westofrome.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday?tu=westofrome and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.