20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (6 years ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (6 years ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (6 years ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (6 years ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (6 years ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (6 years ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trilamb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2124 6 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

Why does Stern, an American company, ship their first batch of pins to Europe?
Seems like they should be shipping to Americans first and other countries to follow later...

Because it takes longer to ship to Europe I would imagine.

#2172 6 years ago

I read the comic book (same title as game) and it seems to follow that specific storyline quite closely. Worth a read too, it’s cool. Only 4 issues out so far, one more to go. Can be read digitally, I downloaded mine on my iPad via Comixology.

#2208 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I have no clue how to link it to Pinside... But, for those of you with Facebook, there is about a 10 minute video floating around with decent Iron Maiden gameplay footage...
Brian

I’m jonesin’, how do you find it

#2328 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Jack Danger said he'll be busy doing something "way cooler" than going to MGC this week, but what is he talking about?
We know he's the technical director of the upcoming IMDN stream, but that's hardly "way cooler" than going to MGC.
Is he hinting at a raucous reveal with members of the band? That ought to be reserved for the "Launch Party" at MGC, no?
Has such a surprise reveal ever happened? Has any band member of any music-themed pin ever participated in a reveal?

He told his patreon members that on Tuesday he would be streaming Iron Maiden (he also said it was a secret so oops?). He said to be ready Tuesday and posted a picture of Mr. Stern playing an IMDN Pro. Will we see LE/Prem? Hope so. But we’ll definitely see a Pro stream on Tues.

#2553 6 years ago

What was the time frame of release between Ghostbusters Pro's and Premiums? How many months/weeks in between delivery? Might be useful in figuring out the possible timeline for IMDN.

#2556 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

That would not be a good example. There were huge delays because of PF issuer. That was like 10 months

Ah, good to know. Thanks for the context. My 40th bday is the end of May, would love my premium by then but not holding my breath.

#2622 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Was told $7295 shipped for premium, and no full rgb at least it doesnt say so on feature matrix, says red general illumination.

That's what I paid (plus tax since I want the free local white glove delivery and setup)

#2642 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

A podcast focused on IMDN? Please elaborate.

Kaneda's podcast.

#2732 6 years ago

Some more Iron Maiden Streaming here right now: https://www.twitch.tv/cjarcade2 (seems the games are switching but it was Iron Maiden at one point).

#2913 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't see this happening, just my opinion, as Metallica offers a far better world under glass experience then Iron Maiden. Metallica has the large Sparky toy, the mechanical hammer with ball lock, the snake, and the moving cross.
I don't see any moving toys in Iron Maiden that represent that themes world. The game has a lot of shots but so does No Fear. I may change my tune after playing a premium.

Probably because you're using the premium/LE version of MET as your example and comparing it to the IMDN Pro. There is are two Eddie figures, a mechanical sarcophagus, a cool moving orb thing and two lifting ramps in the IMDN premium/LE.

#2915 6 years ago
Quoted from xian222:

Noob question, can one add Premium features to a Pro in the future (e.g., the mechanical sarcophagus)? Thanks!

Not unless someone makes and sells a similar mod (or you salvage pieces from another table), Stern doesn't sell them individually or anything.

#3036 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Does anyone "not" like this game?

My wife.

#3051 6 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

That’s it, tomorrow after work I’m going to the bank and doing my direct deposit and have my pro sent and pass on my premium upgrade option.

They have two at AYCE GOGI in Van Nuys if you want to try it first (or get your fix while you wait for the premium).

#3367 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Pinside is funny, so sensitive. Post a pic and get thrown in the fire right away lol

Maybe take literally two seconds and check if it’s a fake before posting? So thirsty for those upvotes?

#3377 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Sorry, I don't live on Pinside to know what is fake/known/etc

Apology accepted, thank you.

#3398 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

It seems safe to say no reveal for today

It’s not even noon on the west coast. Seems a little early to call it.

#3416 5 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

What time does it usually happen !?

Two minutes to midnight.

(sorry)

#3603 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I've been on the fence for an LE (trying to put it off, waiting the reveal) but if this takes any longer I think that I'm just out

Go for it. You will make someone on a wait list very happy.

#3606 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

not really. if I don't take it, an arcade will, not another waitlist person

Even better! Then hundreds if not thousands of people will get to play an LE! Definitely do it now.

#3632 5 years ago

10am PST OR RIOT

#3677 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

This has to be intentional by Stern, right?

Pinside is hilarious.

#3681 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Confirmed. That photo are available. But not to be posted.

The word “hero” gets thrown around a lot these days, but....

#3699 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Just got pics! Not sure I can share though...

Only one way to find out.

#3738 5 years ago

What's going on in the upper right playfield?!?!?!?!

#3773 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The playfield photos are SOOO much more interesting than the cabinet. The LE cabinet is a meh... the extra playfield features are sick!!

And what are they?

#3785 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Say what you mean boy

I did ma'am.

#3794 5 years ago

I think the LE back glass looks pretty badass. And the sidearm plane looks cool to me. The red trim isn't totally my jam, but honestly I'm much more excited about what's beneath the glass than around it.

#3801 5 years ago

Wasn't the back pyramid panel supposed to be more "3D" and somewhat different from the Pro version? Obviously hard to tell from these pictures, but it looks the same to me.

#3806 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

If you prepaid for an LE you should check your mailbox... You should have gotten an email from your disty with a dropbox link to all the pics... They are asking not to make these public...........

Hmmm... this is strange. Seems like that means nothing official today then? And even less of a chance for a look at the Premium? Who knows.

#3878 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Well... Just got an email from my disty saying the first run of Premiums are sold out. Once Sterns runs thru LE's and premiums they have to run more Pro's which are majorly back ordered... IF I cancel my LE I would be looking at mid summer for a premium now.... ARGGGGG

Glad I pre-ordered my premium a month ago!

#3910 5 years ago

nobody even talking about the eddie plunger knob. Is that Killers eddie?

#3912 5 years ago

Side-splash looks awesome too. Love the figs. I'm in for a Premium not an LE but even I see waaaaay more pro's than cons here with the LE.

#3916 5 years ago

Would really love to see the overhead playfield shot I've heard was in the dropbox...

#3935 5 years ago

oh man this stuff is awesome. I'm so hyped for this premium/le playfield. If you're confused how any of this works go check out Keith's archer vids. The sarcophagus lock ball is gonna be so cool.

#3946 5 years ago

THIS IS AMAZING.

#4063 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

They could have at least somehow painted the screws a similar color.

But then how would modders make their money?

#4643 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Ummm... Sorry but there is no armpit hair... I shave my armpits man... I think armpit hair is gross... And I'm not ashamed of that image... I look good in it... I almost looked that good again a few weeks back.. .I little bit skinnier, but then I went on a week long binge of junk food and not working out... Gotta hit the gym hard again.

um....

If that's not armpit hair I would consult with your doctor asap.

P.S. This might be the strangest website on the internet.

#4747 5 years ago

Considering Deadflip's LE stream starts in a few hours I'm surprised images of the LE (and/or Prem) have not yet been released by the band and are not on Stern's website yet. They couldn't release the photos last week because the band had the rights to release them first...

So are we in for another stream that won't be recorded? Or will they stream at all?

Also, on a side note... SHOW ME MY PREMIUM!!!!

#4750 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Stern != Deadflip.. So they are still within the terms.

They said the terms were the band has to release first? I guess if they don't record the stream that might not break the rules, but I don't see how it's not breaking the rules if they do record it, unless "stream" somehow gets around the legalities of first right to show images.

#4753 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

yes, the licensor has first rights to releasing the game photos before stern can.. But deadflip is not stern.

I see. Didn’t get that != means does not equal.

#4803 5 years ago

Anyone else getting the feeling it’s gonna be a while before these ship? And no mentions of premiums at all...

#4952 5 years ago

Thought the LE looked amazing in the stream and I really love the interactivity of the lifting underworld ramp, the sarcophagus lock, the secret diverter lifting thing. Makes the playfield so much more alive IMO.

I'm in for the Premium and very excited to own Keith's FULL vision.

#5121 5 years ago

Really doubt the band is hemming and hawing over the art. I would imagine the hold up is their approval, but I also imagine that like most of the world they don’t give a fuck about pinball and it’s just about their lowest priority.

#5139 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

ok, how about this?

uh... can you ask about the Premium too?

#5148 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

No reason to release premium art as in the past since it will be a couple months before those ship.

Man I hope it won't be that long. My distributer last week was saying end of May early June for Premium.

#5233 5 years ago

Great now I gotta check two forums a million times per day

#5479 5 years ago

This corner crap is making me miss armpit-gate.

#5639 5 years ago

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 2.33.10 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-05-08 at 2.33.10 PM (resized).png

#5698 5 years ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

Standby while I resurrect and beat the dead horse again..
STERN/IM, REVEAL THE PREMIUM PLEASE!!!!

It’s gotta be this week right? RIGHT?!

OH GOD TELL ME I’M RIGHT

#5705 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I am an anal collector

what do you do with the rest of the bodies

#5793 5 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Unbox, play, fix, COMPLAIN ON PINSIDE, play, fix, COMPLAIN ON PINSIDE, fix, WHINE ON PINSIDE, play.... the cycle never ends.

FTFY.

#5848 5 years ago

I just picked up a bunch of Trooper beer too (to console myself for Stern not showing the damn Premium this week gah!)

#5884 5 years ago

I wouldn’t put much stock in anyone’s opinion at this point as almost no one has played both the pro and LE. And no one has played the premium.

All you’re gonna get here are pro owners and LE owners wanting to believe their version is superior.

Only time will tell.

#5886 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Aren't the LE and Pre the same game except for cosmetic stuff, ie cabinet art, speakers and back glass?

Same exact playfield yes, but different speakers, lack of shaker motor, no sideblades, Egyptian artwork will give a slightly different overall experience.

#5992 5 years ago

Keith Elwin and the Stern boys streamed some IMDN Pro with tournament tips today. Pretty great:

#6051 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

grow some thicker skin sir. multiple thumbs down for a joke comment? wow, only here on pinside

You chime in on every thread saying the same thing about your dissatisfaction with Stern's QA. I'm pretty new here and even I find it repetitive.

#6124 5 years ago

That is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen and 20 times cooler than I ever imagined the Premium would be.

#6130 5 years ago

I'm genuinely freaking out with joy. This is my first ever NIB - and I'm relatively new to the hobby - but that cabinet art with that playfield art is the single coolest looking pinball package I've ever seen.

It's a great game regardless of your art package, but I could not be happier. It's greater than I ever imagined.

#6150 5 years ago

Have there ever been three more different looking art packages? I feel like most others are slight variations. These look like 3 different tables! (but only one of them actually matches the playfield).

#6152 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Still scratching my head as to how this happens.
It seems so simple...

Um yeah, he's on the side of the cabinet, bursting out of the name of the band.

#6154 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I'm loving the Egyptian art of the premium. They are going to sell a ton. Swap that yellow t-molding for some gold (I already have some ready to go!) and it'll look fantastic!

Gonna need some gold legs too! Will look awesome.

#6171 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Make for a great version for people who don't give much of a crap about Iron Maiden. It's just sort of a "Curse of the Pharaoh" game.. Iron who?

I love Iron Maiden. Hard. Powerslave is my favorite album.

This is my ideal version.

#6182 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Is this an angry bird Iron Maiden .

nah it's a main character from the comic book that Iron Maiden produced and are basing their entire current tour on right now.

#6203 5 years ago

With the desert-themed Premium they HAVE TO add "To Tame a Land" to the song list so I can get that much closer to my dream Dune-themed pin.

Or at least gimme a Muad'Dib call-out!

#6267 5 years ago

LE people don't be jealous of the Premium, just think of the money you're all gonna save on a tree every year at Christmas!

#6280 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Dont worry about us LE and Pro guys we will be enjoying our IRON MAIDEN Pin this Christmas, I hope like your "IROIDEN" Pin

I would love to have the LE but I'd be too worried my kid would bump his head climbing underneath it to grab his presents.

#6287 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I WANT ALL THREE!

Great write-up and I concur. I love the look of the Pro, I've played it a ton on location, and loved the LE even the first time it was shown (Christmas tree jokes aside) and the location near me is getting it this week and can't wait to see it in person, and I'm very glad I chose the Premium as I dig the Egyptian theme, Powerslave is my fave Maiden album, and think it's the most "kid-friendly" of the three, which is important to me with my young son.

Overall you can't go wrong.

#6385 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Big Bird is stoked about his incoming Premium machine lol

haha. As a tall man with a large nose I approve this message. Also, you guys have to admit it, the LE looks SO MUCH better in person than in the pictures:

8b82ac361e2ec3f9ec4c76496bd0a828 (resized).jpg8b82ac361e2ec3f9ec4c76496bd0a828 (resized).jpg

#6483 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

But an LE owner talk down about a Pro or Premium? Downvote central.

You posted a picture of big bird standing next to the Premium yesterday. It has 7 up votes right now.

seems like a weird post to make when you were having fun poking fun at the Premium yesterday (as was I with the LE... just for fun I think they're all great)

#6546 5 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I just got my LE up and running. The Mummy captive ball doesn’t seem to be registering hit. Is there supposed to be a second ball inserted behind the fixed ball? Is this a Newton ball mech, or just a single captive ball. I see that there is a diverted that seems to be able to put balls in there, but I can’t activate it. Lots to learn, just making sure I’ve set it up right.

Spell mummy once. The anubis looking guy on the gate opens on the left ramp. Shoot a ball in there and it will lock into the sarcophagus, behind the fixed ball there. Then spell mummy again. Now you can knock the second ball out of there if you hit it hard enough to start mummy multi ball. Hope that makes sense.

#6664 5 years ago
Quoted from Buju:

I paid in full for premium after the pics. I was told 2 weeks last Wednesday, so hopefully 1 more week

Who’s your distributor?

#6798 5 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

sorry a little late
I agree with this 100 percent / perhaps that is why the games are cheaper too / extra stuff that does not do much as opposed to an extra Mode or something like Daft punk in Tron .

There is an extra mode in the PRE/LE that is not in the Pro. Keith announced it on a podcast this week. It's based around Can I Play with Madness and has the ramp going up and down and you have to time your shot to get it under the ramp.

#6801 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

That mode will be programmed in the pro too but just not in there yet it is on the backstage pass too for the pro

Keith said they cut it from the pro as it was too confusing.

#6833 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

You guys, sounds like it is eventually going to be in, they are just tweaking it. Let's stop repeating ourselves over and over.

Okay, but that's literally the opposite of what the designer of the game said in an interview a few days ago.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.50
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trilamb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday?tu=trilamb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.