20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (6 years ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (6 years ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (6 years ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (6 years ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (6 years ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (6 years ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t-800.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3033 6 years ago

I've had my game for a few days now and can echo all of the other owner's reviews. This is STERNs best pro pin on release since possibly LOTR and one of their best pins ever even when comparing to fully developed games like TWD, MET, etc. I just sold my GOTG and all I can say is the swap was the best pinball move I've ever made.

Highlights:
- Many levels of "wizard" modes in this game. Cyborg Multiball and Two Minutes to Midnight both seem achievable on really good games but definitely not on every game. The final epic Number of the Beast wizard mode looks like it's going to be a big challenge to get to, but at the same time seems reasonable that some time in my owning the game I will get there (those soul shards or whatever they are, are tough to get but cool as hell when you get one).
- Zombie Yeti nailed the artwork. I mean nailed it. I'm a huge Riggs fan, but honestly, I'd go with ZY's art any day over Riggs as it just lends itself to pinball so much better. As a fine art piece I'd hang on the wall, maybe not, but even then it'd be a tough call. I can't wait to see the Powerslave premium art package.
- Four flippers. I mean four $%&@ flippers. This game has the flow and fury of a fan layout but looks and feels anything but. My line-up is stacked with two flipper games with mostly standard fan layouts and I was getting tired of it. this layout is a breath of fresh air and really offers a new pinball feel in a decade of very similar playing games.
- Modes and theme integration. I can't state it enough how awesome it is that they really took some time to think about the modes and how to make them really relate them to the playfield. Rime of the ancient mariner and how you have to shoot the albatross down by hitting the target like you're sharpshooting it in real life and then the boat is veering left and right and you gotta get it back on track is just brilliant. the aces high mode shooting down planes, flight of icarus and how you're literally trying to combo shots of getting the ball up off of the playfield like icarus trying to stay up off of the ocean, etc.
- Skill shots - i mean, it' simple right, but every game you've got at least 3 of them and it's great to see the skill shot options. and I love that the EB is potentially redeemable on the skill shot. I was on my third ball with the EB lit, and then I hit it off the skill shot and it just felt GREAT to do that, see that shoot again insert light up and then move on to the next task at hand.
- Every shot matters. I love this. I can't tell you how much it sucks hitting a ramp or an orbit and have it be worth nothing and no advancement towards something greater. with the power modes constantly being built up by their variety of shots it just feels good.

Some of my initial concerns have been squashed. Long ball times may be an issue for some people, but it hasn't been for me. I've had really good games and some really, really short games. set-up will take care of whatever ends up happening as I get better and better at the shots. The video integration was initially a concern too, but in real life, during normal game play I think it's been great. there are some really cool animations and the overall screen presentation seems to work and jive with the theme. I can only imagine this is going to get better too as they do more with the code and polish not only that but the presentation as well.

If I had one wish at this point, the only thing I would honestly want (and this is really nit picky) is maybe fewer mode based multiballs. with trooper MB, mummy MB, and the wizard MBs, it feels like there are already plenty of MBs to go around and I'd rather tackle every one of the song based modes in single ball play; but to each their own.

#3045 6 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

For people that have played it, how is that left ramp shot? Is it a nightmare if you brick it? Do the shots feel good.

I hit 6 ramps in a row yesterday playing the Flight of Icarus mode. It was a rush. The ramps are definitely difficult but not impossible. If you're expecting Star Trek or Iron Man type of easy ramp shots then you're in for rude a surprise though. Also, my game the left ramp actually feels easier than the right even though those pops psyche me out a little sometimes. The rest of the shots again are tight and challenging, but when you actually hit them they feel fantastic and are smooth as hell.

#3079 5 years ago

Anyone poo-pooing this game because they think the music sucks is going to miss out big time and mostly for naught. The game is so intense and there is so many call outs and other sounds happening during game play, that quite frankly, I barely even notice the actual Iron Maiden music. most of my concentration goes into keeping the ball alive let alone paying attention to the background music. I also have a feeling when the premium gets announced it's going to have a much less eddie-centric art package and will appeal to a much larger base of people. If you can't find something good about the rest of ZY's art, then you're in a rough spot.

#3097 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

For the people that have played IMPro's how does it compare to GOTG? Just curious for your opinions...

I literally sold my GOTG Pro last Friday and brought Iron Maiden home on Sunday. There's no comparison. If you want to know what GOTG plays like go find a MET or Iron Man or half a dozen other similar standard fan layouts and you'll know. If you want to know what Iron Maiden plays like you have to go find an Iron Maiden.

#3256 5 years ago

Let's see...

1. New, unique layout that isn't STERN's typical copy/paste. Check.
2. Nearly complete code at launch that is well balanced, low level of bugs, addictive, and really fun. Check.
3. Amazing art package. Check.
4. Great call outs and other sounds. Check.
5. Service rails standard on a pro. Check.
6. It's only been about a week, but no obvious breakage areas (i.e. GOTG orb plastic, SW Tie Fighter, XM wolverine, etc.) or major design flaws. Check.

Yeah, I can't understand why people are excited about this game either... must be an awful game if the main things pinside is bitching about is the FONTS used in the display and the band itself.

I'm going to hold my pinside review until I play the heck out of a premium/LE, but I can tell you the rating is going to be up there.

#3396 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Then think of the gimmicks. Every good game should have at least one 'cool feature' that makes you want to play it!'
No toys in the Pro model at all...
Not sure how anyone can give this a 6 stars for this category without a single toy in the game, just sayin...

Very true, I'd have to rate the pro a 1 in that category right now as well, for better or worse. Guess it also depends on what you consider a "toy" or a "gimmick" (four flippers on the main playfield and a jumping ramp shot to a two phase target could be considered as such). Might be what makes the pro such a good shooter... Either way, it sounds like the premium/LE is going to remedy this.

#3401 5 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

and yet Whysnow has TNA rated a 10. Are drop targets now toys?

Lol... didn't see that. that's pretty funny....

#3732 5 years ago

Was the custom shooter rod on the feature matrix?

#3770 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

So that pic is def the LE and not the prem?

Yes. Feature matrix says the premium will have an "Egyptian themed translite."

#3887 5 years ago

GOTLE wasn't very impressive looking when first released, but when I saw it in person all new and shiny it looked fantastic. I have a feeling IMDN LE will look great in person when you see the colors and decals in the proper light.

#4583 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Speaking of back glass.
Are Stern still lit by fluoro ?

It's been over 3 years since STERN released a new game with fluorescent tube lighting. Ever since spike, the back box has been lit with LEDs on the main motherboard.

#4608 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its so crazy to me that 5700 is a deal now. I remember everyone saying once we hit over 5 k on a base pro model they wld stop buying. Well we passed that 1.5 years ago and nothing changed except cost cutting and spotty quality . Now were heading towards the 6k mark and everyone is still buying like thats nothing. Crazy times for sure. Eventually these high prices will have to come down as i dont see it being sustainable.

I think pinside's public perspective on the "spotty quality" and perceived "cost cutting" doesn't really jive with the reality of the situation and the general masses experience. I've bought 8 NIB STERNs over the last few years and have not had any "quality" issues that were not able to be resolved quickly and effectively with STERN. I know many more people who have experienced the same; as well as a few who have had issues, all of which have been fixed and remedied. So, for many of us the quality and cost cutting concerns over buying NIB games from STERN is not as big of a deal as many on this forum would like us to believe.

Besides, no matter how you slice it, $5700 (if you're paying that much you need to know more people) is still a "deal" now relative to the other NIB pinball options. All of the other manufacturers games have gone up in price as well and sell for thousands more and typically don't ship for years from announcement. Spooky is probably the most competitive bang for the buck, but you're facing some lengthy wait times if you want to get a NIB game. So, yeah, if you want a new game, recently announced, $5700 isn't that bad comparative to your other options. You could always spend a few thousand more and get a NIB Alien, or a Big Lebowski, or, oh shit, yeah, maybe STERN delivering games and following through on orders isn't such a crazy thing after all.

#4742 5 years ago

Anyone else get a craving for Arby's after playing their Iron Maiden? I swear the call outs sound just like the dude from the commercial...

#4745 5 years ago

The call outs in this game are awesome. I've had mine for about 2 weeks and I'm still hearing new call outs that are funny as hell or right on point.

#4758 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Every pin is the greatest thing ever when you first get it.

Try telling that to most of the GOTG buyers last winter...

4 weeks later
#6863 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Yep really. Looks lik one Lock is lit, ALL locks are lit. Pretty sure this is not the intent.
When you get a mystery award of “light Trooper locks” (or something like that), only the first Lock is enabled.
It was not that easy in .97

Every code version of IMDN I've played allowed for starting Trooper MB within as little as three or four shots (sweeping the drops lighting all 3 locks, then hitting the lock shots and occasionally ripping the spinner and getting more than one lock on a shot) and within a few seconds of game play. Follow that up with some decent Trooper MB playing and you could get 50 to 100 million on the game in the first minute or two of play.

I wouldn't really consider this an "exploit" because sweeping the targets isn't exactly easy, and getting to those super jackpots is tough as well - - I've had Trooper MB's end with less than 5 million frequently. Considering average scores for above average players are well north of the 250 million range, I think 25 million super jackpots sound about right.

In any case, I don't see this as being a new code issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.50
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t-800.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday?tu=t-800 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.