20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (6 years ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (6 years ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (6 years ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (6 years ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (6 years ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (6 years ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Stern chickened out, they knew they couldn't compete with Spooky.

Silly argument. I love Spooky, but they are making 500 games of ACNC. That's a pimple on Stern's ass, and Spooky would agree by design.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I think Stern were just trying to sell more GOTG at Texas. Doesn't appear to have been the hit they were hoping for.
Whereas I get the feeling they are VERY confident that Iron Maiden will sell big and LE's will be a sell out.

With that ugly armor, I have no doubt the GOTG LE isn't selling out.

However, I see the Pro out and about more and more. Borg often puts out solid Pros, but GOTG Pro is the least compromised Pro I've seen!

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

I would own a pro if the code was better. I keep hoping for them to fix the game because it is fun to play. Just feels like too much is missing imo

They had the new code up at TPF. What I heard from people who know the current code well, it was a huge update. Stern seems to be churning out code on this one.

Couple that with Cleland's sound moded code, and the game is a home run, methinks.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

That’s awesome news! I’ll have to play the new code and check it out then. Thank you for the heads up!

I'm assuming it will be out in the next week or so.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

They still have to update the rest of the modes and then Q/A test (they do that, right? ) so I figured it would be a month or more. Hopefully I'm just setting my expectations too low.

I would assume TPF was part of their Q/A to some extent.

But you're right. If one expects the worst, one can only be pleasantly surprised!

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm so jaded about games. I love the announcements, but a game needs to have something special to make me plunk down the cash. GOTG is "fine". I enjoyed playing it. But it just couldn't grab me. I'm not saying I'm the judge of what makes a hit game, but that one wasn't... and I love the GOTG movies.

Interesting. I found it more than fine. It's one of, if not the least compromised Stern Pros I've ever seen.

And I'm just a ordinary fan of the movies.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I agree it’s one of the least compromised Pros but that’s because the Premium/LEs where the models that got compromised with GOTG - 2 spinners, 2 extra magnets literally right next to the 1 on the pro, molded hands and an opening orb - RGB inserts, lighting & a real backglass don’t count as they should be standard on Prem/LEs.

Saves me some money! Never had a Pro before.

Borg usually makes solid Pros, because he designs them first, but this one is his best yet in comparison to the Premium.

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I posted this in the "best reveal" thread, because Stern HAS done a proper edited video reveal, that showed just enough, and made everyone go mental. THEY'VE DONE THIS SUCCESSFULLY BEFORE. I don't know why it keeps being a problem.
» YouTube video

Even the one they put out for Guardians last halloween was pretty good.

#396 6 years ago

Although....this one came out the day before Halloween...a teaser for the real thing. Perhaps we'll see something better Monday.

#658 6 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I would hope Iron Maiden is better than GOTG. If this game isn’t good then wow.

That would make it amazing, since GOTG is great.

#662 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Nah, tho. It's a really compromised Metallica.

Nope. In fact, it's the least compromised Pro Stern has ever made. Metallica Pro is compromised.

#842 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

This game has an MSRP of $5999, the last game to have that MSRP was WWE.

License was cheaper, and the main design had already been done.

#846 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Cheaper then Aerosmith?

Perhaps. Also, the design had already been done.

#852 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Nah. Competition.

If that's the case, then all Stern titles should get a price drop. I don't see that happening.

#1147 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It doesn't, it's a multi target, radiating out from the center, and you score differently depending on how close to the center you get. Was like this on Archer too. Was a cool idea then, it's a cool idea now, there no need for it to go through, that doesn't make any sense with the concept.

I'm not sure that flippers, pops, drops, and slings have anything to do with the concept either.

There's nothing about it that conflicts with the concept, so why not?

#1153 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

To be clear, the concept = hitting a target in multiple places, if the ball went through how would that work, physically speaking?
Not talking about theme, just the idea of a multitarget, which I think is cool and original.

My bad, I misread what you wrote.

#1163 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

1 down and 2 to go I say, next thing I hope starts to disappear is pop bumpers with the exception of one placed out in the open like TNA. Lastly and sadly something that I doubt will ever vanish from pinball is bad humor/callouts, but I can dream the impossible dream.

Hopefully flippers after that. I miss the 30's.

#1212 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I miss dots.

I don’t. Not one bit.

Dumbing down the display to 1991 tech isn’t the answer, but instead improving their HD animations is.

#1267 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

They have adopted more the JJP LE recipe with this release. LE only has cosmetic differences over the pro - no major gameplay differences.
rd

There are quite a few mechanical differences on the Premium/LE model on Iron Maiden. It definitely isn't the JJP model.

#1276 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

A few little things here and there.
But not a whole different upper Playfield (GOT) or a under Playfield (AC/DC) etc etc needing a whole different design and major software differences.
You’re getting 95% of the gameplay with the pro. Same as Metallica.
rd

We'll see how it shakes out, but it's still a far cry from the JJP model.

And if you want 99% of the Premium, I'd have to give that hat to GOTG Pro. The only physical differences that affect the ball are 1 magnet instead of 3, and spinners. I don't think there's a been a Pro with so little physical differences that affect the ball.

#1278 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Thankfully so, the pro is still the cheapest price going and with all the features on this pin its impressive. I don't really care about the mechanical differences in this case so like SW I'm fine with the Pro version ands I like that, my wallet likes that.

Yeah, not much difference in Star Wars, but that's part of the problem with it. The Premium feels like a Pro, and the Pro feels like the Home version.

Still fun to play, but I wouldn't feel I'd be getting my money's worth at any level.

#1282 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

So by that you mean its actually a good theme? I couldn't resist.

You sir, win an internet.

#1286 6 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

The msrp on sw pro was 6199 and this is 5999 right? How’d the price go up?

I think Stern lowered the MSRP (which is meaningless) but raised the wholesale price to distros.

#1355 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Thats one of the most ridiculous things I ever read on this site, have you played a SW pro? Jesus.

Yes, of course.

I'm speaking of it's lack of interactive mechs. Like I mentioned earlier, it's fun to play, just not value for my money.

And, for the record, Pinside is filled with thousands of more ridiculous posting than that!

#1666 6 years ago

That video right there is why no one can really compete with Stern......yet.

#1668 6 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

JJP will be there sooner than later.
I don't think TNA made Stern up their quality and feature offering - but JJP did for sure. JJP's growth and rapidly expanding pin lineup likely influenced Stern to include antireflective glass and better speakers on their LEs... And let's not forget hi res color LCD screens.
Competition is good, especially for pinball !!

It is good indeed!

#1670 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Really?
POTC is so delayed, it's crazy!
It will be an old game by the time it comes out!

Correct. And that is the problem JJP needs to overcome. They can't compete in Stern's league until they put out more than 1 game a year, and that doesn't look to change anytime soon.

Still, competition is good. I firmly believe Stern would still have a DMD screen in 2018 if JJP and the others didn't exist.

1 week later
#2220 6 years ago

I'm still baffled by all the non-HD videos people post on YouTube and Facebook. I feel like it's 2010.

#2534 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

From what I can gather it seems like on this game that the LE/Premium features are mostly cosmetic. Pro is really just missing a physical ball lock and a lift ramp and has a standup target instead of a captive ball for the Orb shot.

Those are not minor cosmetic changes.

#2857 6 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

I played this. Phenomenal. It will go down as one of the best pinball machines by Stern. The only gripe, the animation graphics of the LCD are inconsistent in resolution. The animation of mummy lock looks like a ps4. The flight of Icarus looks like it’s from Nintendo.

Which Nintendo?

#2970 6 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Why do I need a lot of toys in the big toy? I just need the big toy to be fun and feel like pinball rather then fell like I am just playing with some $5 toys. Give me pinball and flow and no stop and go over toys any day. Mine will be here today can not wait!

Mechanical, interactive toys in a pinball game are not the equivalent of playing with $5 toys.

They also alone don't make a game great.

#3087 6 years ago

Got to play it over lunch at a local brewery. It definitely was very fast and exciting! Theme's not for me, and I just got a GOTG, but this game will make a lot of people happy!

Looking forward to the Premium and LE.

#3106 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It blows GOTG out of the water in every aspect.

Curb your hyperbole.

#3345 5 years ago

The LE will also include a extra song from Michael Bolton. He will also be included on the backglass with Eddie.

#4254 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wtf?
That can’t be right. That’s idiotic
How do you sell out of the premium

It’s not accurate.

#4763 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Forgive my ignorance and my lack of full enthusiasm for the band, but can Pinball Browser be used to swap songs and graphics on this title?
This game looks amazing, and the Egyptian theme is RIGHT up my alley. I even don't mind the Iron Maiden songs as part of various modes. My problem is I'm not at all an Iron Maiden fan, and the upfront jukebox aspect is a real downer. I don't want to have to pick a song before each game/ball, I don't really like any of them.
Can both the songs and the logos representing the songs be swapped out? No idea what to swap to, but just curious if the jukebox part of the game could be edited. The rest of the package looks stellar, and I'm really interested in a Premium.

This probally isn't the game for you.....

But, yes you can swap the songs out with Pinball Browser. The big "Gotcha" is that you can't change the time it's expecting to play. If you remove a song that runs 3:30 with a song that runs 4:00, the last 30 seconds will be missing. Plan accordingly.

#4766 5 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Try telling that to most of the GOTG buyers last winter...

Oh, they like it much better now.

#4770 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Let’s not get crazy here. Badass? IMDN is badass...GOTG, not quite there.

He's right.

#5111 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Why did you buy it then? SW was a clear example that the Pro was the best overall option. I recently sold my pro no complaints at all and no thoughts what so ever as to bang for ur buck.

Yikes! The Premium/LE was barren enough. The Pro looks like a Home Edition.

#5150 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Wow, I'm sorry but that is ridiculous. Lets get back to Maiden I don't want to rehash the SW debate with foolishness like "home edition" comparisons.

Hey, you sexy Michael Myers.....the truth hurts!

#5168 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

I am not downgrading to a pro but it seems to be the smallest of gaps play wise ever.

Lots of mechanical changes between the Pro and Premium/LE that affect the game play.

For smallest changes from Pro to Premium/LE that affect game play, that would go to GOTG.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday?tu=sinestro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.