20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (6 years ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (6 years ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (6 years ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (6 years ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (6 years ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (6 years ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2405 6 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Wow man, thanks for the kind words.
<3

I was hitting flippers randomly on SW and saw that you love me. Made my day. Thanks for that.

#2436 6 years ago

Lots of rules. So much to do.

#2465 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Are you calling Iron Maiden shitty?
Asking for a friend

Tip - Play your IMDN doggy style with ear plugs so you don’t have to look at or hear her.

Your welcome.

#2603 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

We were talking about this, we were considering Stern Iron Maiden - SIM.

SIM - wha? Who is going to have a clue what that is? No please don’t.

IMDN

Thanks.

#2607 6 years ago

I just have to see the 30 IMDN MGC pic when they get set up. Whoever posts it first will receive a free thumbs up from me!

My friend is helping at the Marco booth. He is gonna be busy!

#2814 6 years ago

I heard my IMDN is in the tourney area at MGC. Probably some pretty high scores being posted this weekend on it. Flip away!

A8E55B50-C400-43E5-95AE-990201887015 (resized).jpegA8E55B50-C400-43E5-95AE-990201887015 (resized).jpeg

#2823 6 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Hard to believe fans of rock n roll and heavy metal don’t like Maiden. I do and glad it has Finally going to be made. If I had to rank the bands I like (not pins) recently made it would be AC/DC, Maiden, Metallica, KISS, and Aerosmith. If I rate the pins it is Metallica love the layout and call it upgraded TFTC, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Aerosmith, and Kiss. I like all these bands musics some more than others but I surely don’t hate any of the music. Hard to believe others variety is so limited. Can’t wait to play and hopefully buy my first new in box game.

Yeah. I am not a big IMDN music fan becasue I don’t hear them a lot. I really don’t know whether I like them or not. They don’t get a lot of airtime compared to those other bands listed.

I got IMDN coming becasue of the layout, designer, art, lcd, cranking stern spike system and history with great music pins. I have AS now, had ACDC and would get one back, Met is coming this week, Kiss is great but too similar to AS which I have.

I don’t know IMDN music well but I like what I hear so far the more I dig in. I think it is great pinball music!

Folks say - I don’t want any more music pins! But look at their history and future. They don’t like playing AS, ACDC, MET, KISS and soon IMDN? Maybe we are just on different ends of the spectrum. I will stay over on my side then. Bring on IMDN and also Ozzy, VH, the Crue, LED Zep and Hendrix!

#2903 6 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Ordering my new Eddie bed set, lol
This game is making me mental !

The ladies will love that!

#3006 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Agreed. But Met Pros are over $5k shipped now and with a color dmd it's just about a wash price wise.

Yes needs Color dmd and MET does not have spike sound, so may need some sort of speaker upgrade also. Not a knock on MET. Color dmd is one of the best. I am just thinking I may need both for my MET I am getting this weeeknd?

Also IMDN should be shipping in on Friday so..... I will get to see which one is better!

#3086 6 years ago

Here! Just got it set up. Wow this game is great! Flow is off the charts! Cant wait to dig in later.

793D6F81-FDF8-4987-8B53-247E4FD986DF (resized).jpeg793D6F81-FDF8-4987-8B53-247E4FD986DF (resized).jpeg

#3127 6 years ago

Well got my IMDN today. I am picking up a nice MET from a really cool seller tomorrow. I figure it will be the best way to compare the two.

I don’t even care which one will be better. They are both very different and awesome pinball for my friends and I to play. I am a lucky guy. We all are lucky really!

#3283 6 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

I have an LE on order, can't wait!
The operator that I work for has a pro on location. There has been a line to play since we dropped it off last Wednesday. Friday our Newton ball fell apart. The post came out of the ball and the newton ball and ball behind it went in to the ball trough. Location called saying the game was kicking out 3 balls at a time.
I had a newton ball from Pinball Life, but the shaft was a smaller diameter. I heated the ball up to red hot and then re inserted the shaft along with some JB weld. Has been playing since Sunday afternoon. No call yet.
I was playing Sat and the software got really confused. The song select menu stayed on screen while in game mode. Everytime I flipped the song changed and it would not start a mode. Turned it off then on and game has been functioning normally. .92 software.

Weird. Thanks for the updates of what to look out for.

Hope it makes money and hope your LE is fantastic!

#3520 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

The fact you call Met a turdfest simply means you are clueless lol.

I always do a reversal on someone who has major bias and have “their guy” make the same game.

Like if Spooky said - hey we got the Metallica license and band is doing callouts. It has some cool dude doing the art, couple of scoops, couple of magnets, smooth Metal Ramps, a snake and this crazy sparky guy toy you Shock to death. Pretty good rules and music and this will be $5100 delivered right from the Spooky factory in weeks and not the usual 6+ month wait. Here it is! Let me know if you like it.

Whysnow rating - 1.21 Turd! Lol!

#3546 6 years ago

I think some fortunate rich guys don’t have a pinball to play because they are waiting for their $10000 game they put a deposit down on last year, so while they wait they get off on going on Pinside to belittle games and owners of games that cost half the price to try to justify their own purchase decision.

So now bring on the game that costs “only” $8900 and will be delivered next week! Lol

#4071 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

This is my first NIB in quite awhile.
I'm not a fan of the music, but I'm in on the LE and maybe the Pro as well after I get to play one.
These games look great.

You mean like buy the LE and get a Pro as well to.......?

I wasn't familiar with the band much and it is good pin music. Like it a lot more than I thought.

#4098 6 years ago
Quoted from Walleyefisher:

Love Iron Maiden, but Stern will manage to fuck it up.

You pissed off your Mom is making you do your own laundry now “like grown ups do” or something?

#4605 5 years ago

All you folks that want your "packed and loaded" pins have options. You can all go down the road, slap down your $250 deposit and wait a year to spend $9500 for who knows what you're gonna get?

I Will take a $5600 well coded and designed player now over that any day. If IMDN Prem is $1700 better than I will look in that direction. $1700 is $1700. I am pretty happy for now.

I am sure we will all be ok with whatever choices we make.

#4610 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its so crazy to me that 5700 is a deal now. I remember everyone saying once we hit over 5 k on a base pro model they wld stop buying. Well we passed that 1.5 years ago and nothing changed except cost cutting and spotty quality . Now were heading towards the 6k mark and everyone is still buying like thats nothing. Crazy times for sure. Eventually these high prices will have to come down as i dont see it being sustainable.

Yeah us the “been in this 5 year now” guys are talking about the old days of lower prices. My “been in it 10, 15, 20 year”0 friends have really good stories of low prices.

When resale prices go down, more new folks stop coming in buying and locations don’t earn anymore then prices will fall.

I think older games have rose at the same percentage or higher than new games. Newer HUO games are priced pretty high also IMHO. It is across the board. Where do you go for the best value anymore? Likely local friends who buy and sell from each other like I do.

I just think it is silly to call the least expensive games “stripped down” when compared to another game $1700-$3900 higher. Saying today’s prices are crazy is hard to do when $12500 and $8900 limited games get sold out.
It is what it is.

IMDN is pretty darn fun for what it is for me still.

#4737 5 years ago

When is the LE stream today? Feadflip?

#4802 5 years ago

Not seeing a lot of magnet action. You folks see much??

#4810 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Huh? There are none?

Doh!

#4882 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Guess its wasnt that big of deal over the pro bc not much has been said.

The video of what flynnibus showed us - is that feature supposed to be exciting?

#4885 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Stern wld say so.... i like the extra stuff and the different rules and shots but none of it has a huge wow factor. Ill make my final decision when i play both tho

I know right? I would upgrade from my pro so I am not “reaffirming” to myself what I have already, but did not see anything super special to make a big move. Maybe if I dug the band more also?

Bet Prem will play really well though. Pro plays great. All good for pinball in Maidnentown.

#4887 5 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Im still 100% down for my premium.
I like the extra features (yes could have been more... cause I like magnets and long subways!) And certainly dont think they hinder gameplay at all but add to it.
I am biased about the theme though as I am Maiden fan so theme itself guaranteed a spot in the lineup and to me that makes up for any lack of feature value for the price of the premium.
Overall im happy with what I saw on the stream and cant wait to get it in!!!

Nice! Also I bet Prem will have a solid art package. Just a guess.

Had 3 true Maiden fans over at my house to play mine - think all three will buy. If you are a fan of the band and good pinball you are in for a treat!

#4942 5 years ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

I've only purchased 2 NIB pins from Stern and they've both been Pros- Met and Aerosmith. I agree that the Maiden Pro has a ton to offer. Like many though, this is a dream theme for me and I'm in on a Premium. Many of you who have bought the Pro feel the Premium and LE are not worth the extra money. Just wondering...has there ever been a Stern LE/Premium that actually has been worth the extra money due to enhanced playfield features? Or does it just come down to title, theme, designer, personal preference or collectability ? Zero sarcasm here...just wondering.

Acdc Prem I would say. Swinging bell, red armor, lower play field, real train, dancing band, 8 drop targets, dancing band, tnt plunger, cross rail to cannon, hair chest Angus on the translite.

Acdc Pro is fun. Fast!

#4946 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I am so with you. That being said: bologna on hand sandwiches for me. Come on IMDN Premium!!!!!!!!
Question my wife to be keeps asking: "when is it coming home??? We need more machines."
And I need to educate my stepson with classic British new wave of heavy metal. Shit,what better group to do that with than Iron maiden????
I'm so in love <3.

And you are in FL now? I bet you miss your basement.

#4985 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I am. Stationed at Eglin AFB. Still got the pool table and 5 (6 with IMDN Prem coming).
I do miss it. I dont miss $8200 in annual property taxes.

Looks good. Thanks for your service. Hope your IMDN arrives soon.

#5295 5 years ago

Wow guys! Congrats! Man that LE Armor looks so much better than the Stern photos.

Hope you guys stay up all night playing!

#5302 5 years ago
Quoted from Kolchak357:

I imagine the experience will be awesome in a home setting.

You imagine correct.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday?tu=pinnyheadhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.