20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (6 years ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (6 years ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (6 years ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (6 years ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (6 years ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (6 years ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#104 6 years ago

It's 6:41am in Chicago, I'd imagine we won't hear anything until around 2pm, so have a nice sleep!

#745 6 years ago

New designer, new programmer. This should be interesting.

#747 6 years ago

"Keith Elwin is the designer & ruleset creator. Implementing his ruleset will be Rick Naegele as lead programmer.

This was all according to Gomez who announced this during his TPF presentation when he showed a pic of the next game’s design team."

Quoted from Whysnow:

I thought Lyman was on code???

#1511 6 years ago

Probably resell on their fan site like Kiss did

Quoted from RGR:

50 for the band?? Like how many band members are there?

#1634 6 years ago

Like every other time a stern game was released, you'll have to call around. Every distributor charges a different price or adds a perk.
Ball park 5400 pro, 7300 premium USA pricing.

Quoted from brucipher:

So what is the best street price for the Pro and Premium models?

#1681 6 years ago

I didn't see the vari-target on the premium/le listing for Iron Maiden. DId they drop it?
Unless its called "Hit detecting Clarivoyant mystery orb"?

#1793 6 years ago

This time I think the wheres the code crowd will be silent. Rules are already fleshed out. First release should be complete.

Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Just pinside’s way of warming up for the where’s the code onslaught

#1963 6 years ago

Last week josh from stern said the premium/le pics would take a couple weeks before release so maybe be next week or the following before we see them.

Quoted from Monk:

Every time I see this thread bumped with fire, I expect the premium to be revealed.

#2165 6 years ago

EU/Export pins are shipped first since it takes a few weeks for the boat to make it to the destination.
At the time EU/Export pins are at the distribs, US pins are shipping for a simulataneous release.
Export pins that are air freighted will beat the US release date. This is how Stern has done releases for many years.

Looks like the MGC show beginning on April 13 will be the first time US customers will try IMDN.

Quoted from frankmac:

No US pins yet?

#2270 6 years ago

Or wait a week and we should have plenty of video from the row of maiden games at Mgc

Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Interesting: "easy."
Could this be true? Keith Elwin is famous for, among other things, posting some absurd score on MET (3B?). He would probably say that table is "easy." Still, if he knows MET is easy, would he not design his own layout to be more challenging? Hitting the launch ramp is easy, but using it to strike the center target is probably not. The "Clairvoyant" shot (beside the pops, between two posts) is apt to be hard, as is the left ramp. Consecutive loops (on either loop) are apt to be hard, as are the two Jackpot shot shots from the upper-left flipper. Watching both gameplay clips posted on YouTube, I counted *one* successful trip up the left ramp. That suggests "hard" to me. As for scoring and advancing through the objectives, I would again assume Keith of all people would make that challenging.
I'm waiting for a proper "review" from either a player using a routed table or an owner, but perhaps that's asking a lot as either sort of person in this case is likely to be Danish. Still, he might post his review in Danish, and we might then try to translate his review with Google Translate. Too much work? Perhaps.

#2309 6 years ago

I wonder how you know what section of the bullseye target you hit. Keith said it has 3 switches with the center giving the highest score. I watched the 3 small videos posted yesterday and I couldn't tell when the guy hit the bullseye a few times. It looked like red and blue lighting going off around the target. I assume there will be a dedicated lighting effect depending on which area you hit. Maybe we'll have to wait until MGC to get a good look unless Stern does another video session at the factory this week

#2621 6 years ago

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/iron-maiden/pro/2291/Iron_Maiden_Pinball_Feature_Matrix.pdf

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Do we know the shipped pricing for the premium? Really looking forward to seeing the premium artwork.
Also, hopefully the premium sells really well so whatever the extra features are get fully coded. Do both the pro and premium have full RGB lighting?

#2628 6 years ago

Do you remember which modes these 3 songs are associated with? (not the start of a ball/game song which has no bearing on gameplay).
I didn't hear these songs associated with any modes or missed it from the video.

* Wasted Years
* Run to the Hills
* Powerslave

I have Mummy multiball, cyborg eddie multiball and soul shard hurryup as possibilities or something else?

The other songs are associated to these modes:
Can I Play With Madness (Tomb treasure award)
Aces High (Eddie battle mode)
Hallowed Be Thy Name (Eddie battle mode)
Flight of Icarus (Eddie battle mode)
Rime of the Ancient Mariner (Eddie battle mode)
Fear of the Dark (Eddie battle mode)
2 Minutes to Midnight (Mini wizard mode)
Number of the Beast (Wizard Mode)
The Trooper (Trooper multiball)

#2630 6 years ago

The 12 songs at the start of a game/ball are just to listen to while you play. WHen you start a mode/hurryup/multiball you hear the song associated with that mode.

Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Really looking forward to getting my hands on this game!
Although... I'm not sure why they would have the 'sound track' songs the same as the mode songs. Seems pretty repetitive/overload imo.

#2694 6 years ago

8 RGB insert arrows on the PRO. Here is a complete listing.
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/iron-maiden/pro/IronMaiden_Pro_web.pdf

Quoted from flynnibus:

The main shot arrows are color changing on the pro. You can see this particularly when Elwin explains the jackpots in multiball and you can see them change based on their multiplier. They also change to match the mode, for combos, etc.
They start white to spell Eddie

#2948 6 years ago

I would think its necessary to dump the locked balls at the end of the game like every other Stern so I'm sure there is some way to clear them out of the captive ball area.

Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I may be wrong, but I thought I heard Keith say (maybe on the C2C podcast again) that they somehow go into the underworld scoop under the center ramp for ejection to start multiball.

#2959 6 years ago

Nope same bulleye target on the Premium and LE. I like it. Simple and effective. Red/White and Blue lighting. Does anyone know how the player knows which area on the bulleye he hit? Center is 3x, inner ring is 2x and outer is 1x. I figured a different lighting would go off when hit (blue - 3x, red - 2x and white 1x) but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The bullseye on the pro is unfortunately just a static target. When I played a pro I kept thinking the ball was going to be held on it (LOTR or TOM style) or at some point the would open to allow the ball to pass through it. Nope and as a result I don't find it a satisfying shot to hit since the ball just drops back to the playfield.
It's possible that the bulleye shot on the premium / LE does something more interactive.

#2971 6 years ago

Yep, look at the archer video. similar mech but made more robust for production.

Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I was just looking at the features matrix again... so on the Premium/LE it's not a traditional captive ball with a ball and target behind it... instead it's a hit-detecting newton ball that will detect M-U-M-M-Y hits and award the letters with the Mummy Multiball balls locked behind it?

1 week later
#3768 6 years ago

Yes, both sides have the same image

Quoted from Gryszzz:

Looks good to me. Wondering if both sides are the same?

#4204 5 years ago

Didn't Stern do this on RBION? A bummer it was costed out, but at least Keith was able to keep everything else. Really a nice LE package, so the Premium will be just as nice.

Quoted from westofrome:

Wonder if anyone will attempt a vari-target>subway>scoop mod to restore those features a la the drop target on Dirty Harry or Judge Dredd deadworld locks.
I thought the vari-target you needed to hit hard enough to expose enough space for the ball to drop down was truly innovative and it’s a bummer it was sacrificed at the alter of Gary’s anti-subway philosophy.

#4290 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Likely on premium too I would imagine.

beacon (resized).jpgbeacon (resized).jpg

#4391 5 years ago

You pick a song at the beginning of the ball/game and that's the song you listen to. It has nothing to do with the modes/game, its just background.
THEN each time you start a game feature there is a song associated with each game feature. Each of the 12 songs are associated with a game feature/mode/wizard mode, etc. Make sense?

Quoted from colonel_caverne:

How does it work?
You can pick your song like on Met or each song is in relation with a special mode and so you are not allow to choose anything?
Thanks

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5060 5 years ago

Boy this is a common misconception - You don't HAVE to buy a version of the game without seeing all versions unless you want to be the first on the block with the game. And if you do, you take the consequences that are associated with that approach. Have patience. Stern will show pics of the premium when marketing is ready to sell the game.

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

It just sucks that people have to buy and (probably) get delivered a version of the game, without seeing all the other versions first. Speaking more of the LE customers here who do not have the luxury of waiting, due to the limited quantity. I'm sure many of them would like to see the premium before their games ships, at least I know I would. C'mon Stern - WTF??

#5071 5 years ago

I am sure the distribs got full payment when the game was shipping and had to send that payment to Stern.

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

It does seem strange that they would ship games without taking payments for them from the distros. However, I wont claim to know how it works on their end of things. Maybe its CoD or net terms. Some confusion going on here.

#5081 5 years ago

I think black looks great.

Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Im trying to think of a good powdercoat scheme for the PRO versions i can offer. Im thinking red with large blue and white flakes, or black with red white and blue or dark blue with silver and red. What do you guys think

#5105 5 years ago

No it just looks bigger than the normal start button

Quoted from Koos:

Start button not mounted straight?!?

1 week later
#6017 5 years ago

They are making a premium for those that want all gameplay features but missed the LE. No need for another version.

Quoted from Gryszzz:

Yep. Bet they do a "Luci" premium with 666 made and cash in. Exactly what I was thinking too.

#6021 5 years ago

Actually only around 100 Lucis sold at the time they were released. It wasn't until years later when Lucis were hard to find that people were craving for this model again. Then stern re-released Luci and you can buy it now so everyone bonkers for Luci can have it.

Quoted from Gryszzz:

There wasn't any "need" for Luci either. Different art package drove folks bonkers though.

#6095 5 years ago

What size is the woofer in the bottom of the cabinet? Is it an 8 inch?

#6624 5 years ago

I played the LE last night for 2 hours and the lighting is really awesome! I wouldn't change a thing. The music is not something I'd listen to in the car, but it works really well with the modes and onscreen graphics. Excellent job Keith and company! This game rocks man! Loved it.

#6714 5 years ago

Pro: 8 arrows are RGB
LE/Premium: 8 arrows, ORB and upper right intelligent dome are RGB

Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Does IMDN use any RGB LEDs or are they all fixed colors?

#6816 5 years ago

This was released when the PRO was released and in this back stage pass document it shows "Can I play with madness" and says nothing about an LE/Premium feature. I think it would be great if Stern would put it back for the PRO in some manner that works without the drop ramp. There is plenty to love for the PRO owners but when you take out a mode that doesn't make anyone happy.

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/iron-maiden/pro/IM%20Backstage%20Pass%20Rules.pdf

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hard to remove something that wasn’t there in the first place. The mode is designed to work with LE/Prem features. Pointless to do that if the features aren’t there. I’m more than happy with what’s in the game now and the current power jackpot tomb award #3, lets me continue progressing to Tomb Award #10 faster

#6898 5 years ago

That does nothing to the power of the shake, it only controls how many segments call the shaker.

Quoted from Concretehardt:

Did you try turning the shaker to the mild setting in the game menu?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Trade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday?tu=luvthatapex2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.