20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (6 years ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (6 years ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (6 years ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (6 years ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (6 years ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (6 years ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerlover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#371 6 years ago

944ECC42-555D-40FB-90C9-1AC57C0088B9 (resized).jpeg944ECC42-555D-40FB-90C9-1AC57C0088B9 (resized).jpeg

#376 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I don't understand, do you honestly believe that a bad teaser will affect sales?

Lol.. nope. But if their global distribution sucks they are gonna have a bad time.. #rockinrio

0AC7EA8E-830D-44F9-8AFA-47DC88E3DD6C (resized).jpeg0AC7EA8E-830D-44F9-8AFA-47DC88E3DD6C (resized).jpeg

#546 6 years ago

A.) Everyone knew Iron Maiden was the next game.. everyone, it was the worst kept secret in Pinball. George Gomez talked about “Titanium Man” at TPF.

B.) Who gives a shit about the quality of the stupid teaser? It will be watched for like 3 days.

C.). Rules by Keith Elwin will give people a tough game, for all of you cheaters that have your games on 5 ball, infinite extra balls, 5 degree incline, and bitch about no wizard mode in the code yet.

D.). Maiden is awesome. Even if you hate them it’s impossible to not be entertained at their shows. There is lots of cool material to use with their stage show.

E.). A reveal will be coming soon, and plenty of you will find stuff wrong with it even though you likely don’t have the money or won’t buy one anyway.

F.) stern could literally put out the guardians playfield again, and write Iron Maiden in Marker on the side and they will sell 15k games, so anything that you say matters to their sales. Won’t..

G.). If stern asked you to come announce their game on live stream, you would do it despite what you say and you would sound like a complete asshat doing it. At least many of us enjoy jack danger and appreciate what he is doing for Pinball.

#548 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

What about H through Z?

I only know the alphabet through G.. Tom!

#551 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

When have they ever sold 15K games of any title in recent history?

Nobody knows how many they have or haven’t made.. not even you or your friend who says he knows. They made Metallica for 5 years, everyone you know has a Metallica.. Maiden is going to crush whatever sales they made on Metallica. People that have never played a Pinball will buy this game sight unseen. Then you will have your normal sales on top of that.

#554 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yep i remember when I heard this aboot Kiss.

Go YouTube rock in rio, and find me a kiss show within the last 30 years that looks like that.

#557 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Who is my friend? I can guarantee you that Iron Maiden will not sell 15K pins lol.

The point is, what everyone is saying “stern is dumb, and this will impact sales” is wrong.. it will sell a ton regardless.

#561 6 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

I don’t see Maiden out selling Metallic. Nope. Tough theme for a newbie to buy sight unseen. Don’t think so.

You’re missing the point, Maiden fans will buy it because it’s maiden.. even if they’ve never played a Pinball before. Still, my original point was everyone focusing on how the “poor marketing” will impact sales. It won’t.

I don’t think it will do better than Metallica in the US, but overall I predict it will do better.

#565 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So you think theres going to be a bunch of Iron Maiden fans that have never played pinball before buying a 6-8K pinball machine right? You are dreaming if you really believe that lol.

I absolutely believe that.

#570 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

So when are they actually revealing the game. Despite the bad marketing on sat, i am still looking forward to seeing new pinball. Really hoping this is archer layout as that looks fun and i like games with more flipper, ball interaction is good.

Anticipated Tuesday Morning as per cointaker Facebook page.

#572 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im not trying to argue with you for real, but there is no way in hell that Iron Maiden is going to outsell MET, and this is coming from a guy that likes Maiden far more than Metallica. MET is a killer John Borg design coded by Lyman Sheats and it is one of the greatest pinball machines that has ever been made.

Time will tell. Metallica has more going for it than just theme, that’s for sure. But I think there are a lot more Maiden fans than Metallica fans worldwide, and with the new platform, the material to draw from, the design team involved, and the growth of Pinball in general, I still think this will do better than Met.

Either way, I’m excited that Pinball is growing and new awesome themes are being released all the time.

#578 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its a good thing because you would have been pissed off like everyone else was. It was the biggest joke ive ever seen in my life.

Being “pissed” over a few people announcing that a new pinball machine is coming is a silly reason. They will show it in a few days and the same trolls will be “pissed” about something else.

#580 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nobody was pissed because of who announced it, they were pissed because the announcement was so lame. They tuned in to the channel and waited for hours and didnt even get to see a pic of the game. Im one of the biggest Stern supporters on this forum but that was lame as hell and complete BS and i was pissed, i wont even lie about it.

Still a silly reason to be pissed, we are getting a new game.. we knew it was Maiden. Wait until Tuesday for more details and move on.

#585 6 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

Maiden has sold 90 million records worldwide to Metallica's 125 mil. I'm not saying Metallica is better, but they are more popular. Both are globally well known.

That’s only because everyone was afraid they were going to get busted for only having downloaded copies of Metallica’s music

#613 6 years ago
Quoted from PinWiz1969:

I'm not so sure that's correct. It was last summer July 15 Iron Maiden played at Budweiser stage to a crowd of maximum 16,000 people. Metallica played July 16, the very next day in the same city (Toronto), at Rogers Centre to a crowd of 60,000 people. You say Iron Maiden is more popular? No way. The quality of the shows as well. I'm a huge Maiden fan, and I almost walked out of the show. The sound production was terrible. New music was the forefront, which nobody really cares about. Bring on the 80's material! It lacked in comparison. Just my opinion.

I'm a Metallica fan as well, and went to both shows this summer, I owned a "promium" met and would love an LE.. I'd be in line already for an Iron Maiden LE if I didn't feel kind of burned by my sight-unseen Star Wars LE purchase. I'm not trying to start a war between which band is more popular.. The original point I was trying to make was all of the people who are saying that Stern's sales will suffer, because of the way they "revealed" this game.. or whatever the story will be next week (artwork, limited LE features, similarity to other games, then eventually code, yada yada yada). It won't.. none of it will matter, the game will sell great.. and my prediction, for what it's worth, is that it will be on the line for years, and will sell more than Metallica. Pinball is more popular, the band is globally huge, I have a ton of faith in the design team, etc. That's my prediction, and I'm perfectly capable of being wrong.

Also, can't we all just be excited that pinball has grown to the point that new games are coming out every few months? I'm growing weary of the attacks on stern.. if you don't like it, that's fine.. but go pee in your own cheerio's

#1599 6 years ago

Ordered an LE today.. since people are trying to figure out the shortname for this game.. I submit the following

\m/
\m/LE

#2013 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

One of my favorite things to do is put on a record while I shop my games. Tonight’s selection:

I love vinyl records, but while shopping games? No thanks.. next thing you know you need to turn the record over and your hands are dirty, you’ve got solder in your teeth and a hot soldering iron in the other..

Also, picture discs? Have some self respect man, those are wall hangers!

#2017 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Totally caught me! This is what I was really listening to:

Nice! I love those guys!

#2187 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

For those that don't like Iron Maiden music why not just do a quick re-theme to another band or something. For example slap on some Kiss decals over the backglass and cabinet, change out the music and bang, you have a better Kiss pin .
90% of the people out there don't even know Eddie art is Iron Maiden.

how about, just buy something else?

#2198 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This kind of thinking that's the real sad part of pinball today.

or maybe I'm just weary of people saying they hate iron maiden in a thread about an iron maiden game..

#2202 6 years ago

Oh I'm going to make this the iron maiden strokefest thread!

But seriously, if we're talking about putting a "KISS" decal on the side of an Iron Maiden game.. I'm going to get mildly offended..

#2205 6 years ago

Luckily, if you hate iron maiden but like the gameplay.. just wait long enough and you'll have a new theme with a similar playfield layout.. So if you hate say Metallica, you might really like Guardians of the Galaxy!

#2301 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Something all of you Iron Maiden haters don't understand also is most of the people here who love Maiden have seen them live.

I took this video last summer.

1 week later
#3054 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

JJP, Spooky, et al.

I’d be willing to bet Spooky likes it.. they don’t have sales problems, they have production problems (i.e. lots of backorders) and no desire to get bigger. Plus I’m guessing here, but I bet Charlie likes Maiden

#3837 6 years ago

Distributors were told "The licensor has first public release posting rights. You will not see these images on Stern’s website until we get the go ahead from the
licensor."

#3843 6 years ago

maybe that way stern can claim "they" didn't publicly release them.. it was leaked

#4048 6 years ago

I have an order on an LE, and I feel like stern listened to us. Mirrored backglass, shaker motor, hand drawn art, anti-reflective glass, upgraded speaker system..

Design looks awesome, gameplay and rules on the pro are awesome, new ramp mechs look next-level.

I’m thrilled.. Up the irons! Great work Keith and Stern.

#4350 6 years ago

Martinlogan dynamo 300 is $200 and a lot better than the Polk 10” everyone buys (in my opinion).

I have a bunch of pioneer Sw-8 that I got open box from Best Buy that are OK. But they were under $100 and probably comparable to the polks people get.

#4735 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

The amount of crap on the playfield doesn’t really determine if a game is good or not.
AFM has almost nothing and it’s one of the best game ever.
So all the counting of spinners and whatnot is secondary to how it plays, and it plays great. Both MET and Maiden play great.

El Dorado City of Gold has 15 drop targets! Metallica only has 3.

#4749 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

Considering Deadflip's LE stream starts in a few hours I'm surprised images of the LE (and/or Prem) have not yet been released by the band and are not on Stern's website yet. They couldn't release the photos last week because the band had the rights to release them first...
So are we in for another stream that won't be recorded? Or will they stream at all?
Also, on a side note... SHOW ME MY PREMIUM!!!!

Stern != Deadflip.. So they are still within the terms.

#4752 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

They said the terms were the band has to release first? I guess if they don't record the stream that might not break the rules, but I don't see how it's not breaking the rules if they do record it, unless "stream" somehow gets around the legalities of first right to show images.

yes, the licensor has first rights to releasing the game photos before stern can.. But deadflip is not stern.

#4755 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

But they will be streaming it from the Stern facility. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be legal. I bet am email and social media post goes out sometime this afternoon from Iron maiden.
The again, perhaps they won't show LE cabinet art today and just show the playfield.

we don't know the details of their license agreement, it could have been as specific as "stern will not put images on their website (sternpinball.com) prior to the licensor releasing images," etc.

1 week later
#5855 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

IMDN LE#144 has landed! I am pretty excited that the game is sitting here but honestly I can’t see my self opening it for a while, between my brain surgery at the end of February and the siezure meds I’m on, I am almost embarrassed to say that the only pinball related thing I do these days is read Pinside. I just haven’t had the energy or motivation to play my games lately I know better days will come but it’s gunna be a while.
Anyways kudos to Stern for getting this game built & shipped out so quickly.

Feel better dude...

2 weeks later
#6869 5 years ago

And on that note.. would anyone be interested in doing a trade? My Iron Maiden LE #418 for an Iron Maiden pro plus cash?

1 week later
#6964 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

More
1.00 did not fix the problem. Our 24/7 location Iron Maiden Pro locked up at about 10pm tonight, about 2 days and 4 hours after the update was installed.
Irritating.

Obviously not a long term solution, but why not buy a power strip with a timer on it like for Christmas lights and just have it set to turn off for about a minute once a day? Unless the place is legitimately open 24x7.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerlover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday?tu=knockerlover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.