20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (6 years ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (6 years ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (6 years ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (6 years ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (6 years ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (6 years ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jason_jehosaphat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1607 6 years ago
Quoted from redlines:

One of only 200 LE's in the US
50 went to Maiden
250 to Europe

Why exactly does the band itself need fifty LE's? Like, if they want to spread Iron Maiden pinball around to various people who work for them or to record execs or whomever, why not give Pros? Honestly, people outside of pinball fandom wouldn't notice the difference.

#1608 6 years ago

Has there been an insightful discussion of likely cabinet art for the Premium and LE versions?

The Pro's cabinet is dominated by Eddie the trooper. Fine. So which Eddie will dominate the Premium? The LE?

And what of the backglass on the LE or the translite on the Premium? Honestly, I can't really make out what all is going on in the Pro's translite. It's fairly busy, perhaps a melange of different Eddies.

J

#1613 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The feature matrix (link to the matrix in the key post index at the top of the page, and higher res PDF version linked in the key post index of the other FeM thread) refers to "Egyptian themed" Premium cabinet, so likely the Powerslave art, which I like better than The Trooper, anyway, so awesome.
It sounds like the LE is similar to the pro "battlefield art" (The Trooper), but with the foil base to make it look cooler (like on KISS LE).

Hmm. Thanks, V. Eddie the Mummy for Powerslave, eh? That could work. I still wonder about the tranlsite/backglass. As for foil wraps on Stern cabinets, I don't know that they dazzle particularly. Are you referring to same kind of wrap that enhanced IMVE? Really, a good silk-screened design beats a wrap, as it has no greyscale/pixelation, but perhaps it's been decades since Stern silk-screened the sides of their cabinets.

Powerslave.Eddie (resized).jpgPowerslave.Eddie (resized).jpg

#1692 6 years ago

** Archive of the Dead Flip Stream, Anyone? **

Does anyone know of any gameplay clips other than this thirty-second Instagram post?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg12rI0nC4p/

If Dead Flip will restream, can we guess when?

Thanks.

#1778 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

This Archer video should answer most of these questions.
» YouTube video

This video is very helpful. You're right. Thanks for embedding it here in a post.

I see some of the functionality of the mechs - more, certainly, than I could see in the stream fragment. At one point I saw a scoop by the right side of the inner loop.

Honestly, the Archer music we hear here would get on my nerves less quickly than the music of Iron Maiden. (No offense, Maiden lovers.)

#1840 6 years ago

** Archer'ing Out Your IMDN? **

Call me bananas, but the Archer music I hear in the gameplay clips of Elwin's Archer prototype has really grown on me and - with all due respect - I would rather hear it than Iron Maiden while playing this table. The callouts, too, are more my style.

I s'pose I'd be out of line if I used Pinball Browser to return Archer to his former self, but with some work it could be done.

Owner's of TWD line up to get Clelend's revised code, but would IMDN owners dare to desecrate their pins by replacing Iron Maiden's music with...what? Spy music? It's pretty catchy stuff, honestly. I would download that code!

Just sayin'.

#1846 6 years ago
Quoted from Multiball33:

The premium may have the best art with powerslave/egyptian art. Only 500 le's being made, I'm sure they are thinking it may be one of their higher or highest production on premiums so far.

An Egyptian-themed Premium will mean prominent Mummy Eddie, I guess. That's fine. There is already a large fraction of the PF given over to the Egyptian theme as it is, so it may look matching, if nothing else.

The LE is described as having "Battlefield-themed art" with red armor, and that means the same Trooper Eddie we see on the Pro. The question then is, how will Trooper Eddie be represented any differently? Like, will he dominate the backglass?

When I picture the Pro with red armor - and I think that's a fair way to envision the LE - I'm not crazy about it, although it will depend a lot on the shade of red, etc.

#1848 6 years ago
Quoted from Multiball33:

The premium would look good with brass or Gold trim. Obviously added by the buyer. Hope the red trim is different than acdc premium on the le. I imagine the le cab will have alot of blue.

A lot of blue? I don't know why you assume that, apart from the presence of blue in the Trooper's uniform. Still, you may be onto something, as the Union Jack's colors are, obviously, R/W/B. That leaves - ahem! - white. I don't like white at all, as it's merely the lack of any other color, and putting a big swath of it on this/any cab would be disappointing.

As for brass or gold, you're right: any such armor would have to be done by the owner, as gold isn't consistent with Iron Maiden. They are ruffians, not royalty. And besides, Stern already tried - with middling success - gold armor on their GOTGLE. Guardians had some of the best Stern art ever, and yet the gold armor made the LE look *less* appealing than the other versions. If the Premium's cabinet art is predominantly tan, black armor would look awful. Really, I can't guess which way they'll go on this.

#1898 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I think the "RGBeacon" that is mentioned in the Features Matrix will be the Flasher we saw on the Archer Prototype? The same that is on the JJPPotc. That will be cool!!!

Good job, Asael!

You figured it out!

Thank you!

I was wondering what the RGBeacon could be.

#1939 6 years ago

** IMDN Pro Shop Manual PDF: What Secrets Lie Therein? **

Just wondering if any inquisitive readers gleaned anything from the freshly published manual for IMDN Pro.

There was talk of node boards and it sounded positive. Anything else?

I'm enjoying leafing through it, seeing the exploded diagrams, etc. Still, I'm assuming an experienced reader would know far better what he was looking at.

Thanks.

#1943 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Exactly. Powerslave is like their black album (maybe justice for all...) where as number of the beast is like their ride the lightning.

Interesting analogy. Powerslave does not, to my ears, mark the same "evolution" that the Black Album did for Metallica. The Black Album had Metallica going soft with ballady vocals (Unforgiven, Nothing Else Matters), while the only real musical change on Powerslave for the band was Adrian Smith's inaugural use of guitar synth. The Black Album helped Metallica find an audience in women/girl listeners, which was key for their chart-topping ways thereafter. Powerslave saw Maiden at their peaks as musicians. As impressive as that whole record is, Rush had set the bar even higher three years prior with Moving Pictures.

If I buy IMDN, will likely substitute instrumental versions for many if not all of the songs.

#1944 6 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

If this had a toy like sparky somehwere this could be the best stern lay out in years. Kinda missng a main toy. But everything else looks fantastic.
I also think their music is great for pinball, even if you are not a fan of the music.
Hope the premium gives me that extra toy. Looks great guys.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I looked at the reveal photos and saw *no* bash toys on IMDN's PF.

The Newton ball is your bash toy and it's a satisfying one at that.

#1984 6 years ago

** Elwin on Maiden's Music: **

If you listen to the Coast2Coast podcast interview with Keith Elwin, the subject of Iron Maiden's music and its appeal to Elwin personally comes up.

When asked if *he* likes the music, he replies with a fairly transparent dodge:

"I think it's good music for pinball."

That wasn't the question, Keith.

#2007 6 years ago

OMG!

Some lucky dude is gonna get his IMDN Pro next week!! Maybe even sooner!

Me so jealous.

#2010 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sounds like the first 30 are going straight to MGC next week.
The rest head on a boat across the ocean and then the domestics start shipping after that. I am hoping the rumor is true! Can yo imagine a line up of 30 IMDN next Friday to play!!!!! so much fun to have the general public get to play so many of them.

Oh.

Some dude is *not* going to get his IMDN Pro next week.

Still, at least convention goers will get to try it and *then* some lucky dude will take it home!

You know the discussion will turn to mods the minute any Pinsiders take delivery!

#2031 6 years ago

In case you're heading to Minneapolis this month:

https://www.facebook.com/tiltpinballbar/

The sixteenth!

O...M...G!!!!!!

#2034 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Metallica LEs come up all the time. So will this. 500 is not very limited.

I don't know that MOPLE's appear for sale "all the time," really.

I see one a month at most.

How many BIBLE AC/DC's were made? How many LTBR's? Weren't there 500 of each? And yet somehow examples of those LE's command between nine- and twelve large. By that rationale, the IMDNLE, with its JJP-grade extras and even-lower production numbers, could see even higher rates of appreciation than did AC/DCLE.

I still think the music is going to sour a lot of would be buyers on this title. All those piercing metal vocals from Bruce are going to annoy the heck of most people. The music of AC/DC, by comparison, is easy for just about anyone to tolerate happily. Even if you don't in fact like it, you can play/enjoy a pin with its theme.

#2071 6 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Rumour has it that Iron Maiden premiers in Copenhagen tomorrow (and I have other duties, bummer).

Translation (courtesy of Google Translate) of the Danish (surprising, as I assumed Dutch) message embedded in the photo above of the allegedly first IMDN owner:

"Hi, everyone. This is the word's first Iron Maiden pinball machine in the flesh (in 'reality'). It is the foremost established throughout the world."

#2116 6 years ago

Where are the Europeans who today have new IMDN Pros?

Like, surely they know the rest of the world is clamoring to see gameplay video of the Pro.

I mean, if I were that Danish cat who took a photograph of himself standing proudly in front of his "foremost established" Iron Maiden pinball machine throughout the world, I would follow up my photo with some VIDEO!!!

So, all you European IMDN buyers, show us some gameplay, please!

(Of course, as I write this, it's 2:00 in the morning there.)

#2224 6 years ago

Re: Danish Clip

As much as I want to share in the enthusiasm, I don't know what you're looking at. I can't see Jack! From this distance, in a darkened parlor, with only the game's GI and inserts to light the game, I can make out basically nothing.

#2229 6 years ago

My favorite part?

The fresco to the right of the pin in the second clip!

All those hips!

#2233 6 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/henningdanni.lescher/videos/10215286616456180/

The owner of the pin (shaved head) in this clip is the same person who stands beside his IMDN Pro in the photo that's posted earlier on this tread. And here I was thinking there were *many* Danes with Pros when perhaps there is just one!

#2234 6 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/henningdanni.lescher/videos/10215286616456180/

Number of successful left-ramp shots in this clip:

Zero?

Did *you* see any?

I saw none.

I'm starting to worry.

#2244 6 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

I know the Danish aren’t Swedes and vice versa but did anyone listening to the cameradude talking and think, “Hergy dergy bergy, bork bork bork!”.

Not really, as the French Chef from the Muppets spoke French, ostensibly, while the men who shared their IMDN game with us were speaking Danish.

#2250 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

The “Swedish Chef” is French?

I stand corrected. The Swedish Chef, not French.

#2252 6 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

The avatar is me flexing taking a selfie... What's to explain... Wish I still looked that good though... Still look good... just not that good...

And here I assumed it was a model, holding a Speed-Stick anti-perspirant product, set to apply it to his underarm, etc. Of course, that assumption sheds nary an iota on *why* this might be your avatar, but I guess that's as far as I went.

#2269 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, first impressions are that this game looks fairly easy.
But, dangerous thing to say

Interesting: "easy."

Could this be true? Keith Elwin is famous for, among other things, posting some absurd score on MET (3B?). He would probably say that table is "easy." Still, if he knows MET is easy, would he not design his own layout to be more challenging? Hitting the launch ramp is easy, but using it to strike the center target is probably not. The "Clairvoyant" shot (beside the pops, between two posts) is apt to be hard, as is the left ramp. Consecutive loops (on either loop) are apt to be hard, as are the two Jackpot shot shots from the upper-left flipper. Watching both gameplay clips posted on YouTube, I counted *one* successful trip up the left ramp. That suggests "hard" to me. As for scoring and advancing through the objectives, I would again assume Keith of all people would make that challenging.

I'm waiting for a proper "review" from either a player using a routed table or an owner, but perhaps that's asking a lot as either sort of person in this case is likely to be Danish. Still, he might post his review in Danish, and we might then try to translate his review with Google Translate. Too much work? Perhaps.

#2275 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Now I need my pin to put it on..

Is this your own creation?

I'm going to assume that, without a pin to work with, the modding industry is yet to offer any IMDN mods - apart from this shooter rod, I guess.

I happen to dislike heads for shooter rods; they are bulky and make precise plunging more difficult. IMDNLE will ship with a custom Eddie shooter rod, but, were it my game, said rod would come off and go in a box.

#2288 6 years ago
Quoted from kaboom:

<snip>i get a feeling of left side claustrophobia.<snip>it appears to be a dare i say a brickfest.<snip>

I did notice that players in the few clips of gameplay posted on Youtube failed to make any left ramps. "Claustrophobic" isn't far off for the left-mid PF for many Lawlor's titles, thanks to the presence of the pops there. Keith loaded up the back of his PF with things like two intersecting loops and a kicker shot, necessitating the relocation of his pops. He reasoned he could put them in front of left ramp, creating a "Congo" shot there, but has he created a sense of claustrophobia in that part of his PF? I don't know. I do see a fair bit of space in the lower-PF below the pops, and my impression of the PF in general is "roomy," like that of SW. When I first saw gameplay of Archer on Youtube, I thought of what my billiards friends sometimes say about long shots: "Lots of green!" Archer's PF was so deep! Archer was shortened a bit to become IMDN, but it still looks deeper than many other PF's.

My worry at this point is simply tying up the ball in the pops every time I brick the ramp. Indeed I see brick rates as potentially high all 'round, as many important shots are hella tight. For example, look at the Clairvoyant shot, between those two posts. That is tight!

#2296 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

<snip>
Here are 3 video's (2 of them is my wife playing, she hardly plays any pinball otherwise)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb7GJ0yxmWw-zlRJcJDCokw<snip>;
Ramps are hard, you need to focus on them otherwise you end up shooting the loops and center shots mostly. Left ramp is not that hard but you need to get used to it. Right ramp is hard because of the rubber sleeves posts.
2 modes are certainly multiball, then normal multiball (with great rules regarding the x value jackpots), mummy multiball, power pyramid multiball, ...
Current software seems really solid!
Ball times are good, not too long not too short. <snip>

Merci, Davide, pour ta poste geniale/utile at pour les videos.

#2319 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Today I learned Iron Maiden pinball is great. Someone had previously told me Maiden was not that great a group because they didn't have their own pinball machine. They bought a MaidenLE and told me today how great their pin was going to be, because they wouldn't be getting their own pin if they weren't great.

Let's be real: Iron Maiden is now gracing a pinball 'cause Stern's bean counters decided it was a viable theme for fat international sales. The quality of the music - evident or not - was ancillary.

#2320 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

<snip>My guess is Stern will show us two premiums and the LE at the same time. LE sales were robust, so Stern knows they'll sell lots of premiums and one good way to do that is to offer two versions. That will sell better than just having one, imo.<snip>

Two premium versions would surprise me. It would be expensive for Stern to work up the second version's art (more licensing hassles) and it wouldn't necessarily translate to more sales. A second version of the Premium would simply split the base of Premium customers; it wouldn't necessarily *add* new ones. Moreover, the matrix describes one and one Premium version only.

Still, so as not to be a total wet blanket on this one, what would the second Premium version's art likely feature? Cyborg Eddie?

#2321 6 years ago

And while we're (I'm?) talking about versions within versions from Stern, let's not forget Transformers.

Unless I'm mistaken, there were no less than *three* LE versions of that title: Decepticons(200), Autobots(200), and the twinned Decepticons/Autobots (500) versions. Goodness!

Incidentally, there is a twinned LE at a nearby pinbar and I've played it a few times. 'tis a flat'ish layout from George Gomez with sounds/vibrations/dots that remind me of IM.

#2326 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Would surprise me also, but they did it with Metallica - Roadcase and Monsters.

But did Metallica's published matrix indicate the two versions *before* the reveal?

#2327 6 years ago

Jack Danger said he'll be busy doing something "way cooler" than going to MGC this week, but what is he talking about?

We know he's the technical director of the upcoming IMDN stream, but that's hardly "way cooler" than going to MGC.

Is he hinting at a raucous reveal with members of the band? That ought to be reserved for the "Launch Party" at MGC, no?

Has such a surprise reveal ever happened? Has any band member of any music-themed pin ever participated in a reveal?

#2357 6 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

You folks free tomorrow?
Asking for a friend.

I'm assuming by "friend" he means Keith and the tutorial.

I'm not sensing a Premium reveal. Indeed the Premium reveal may wait 'til *after* MGC.

I predict a "Pinball With The Pros"-like segment, with Keith playing us through the rules on a Pro version of the table.

#2384 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

With Teeth is the perfect fuck album js.

Sorry?

#2393 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Dude, no car ride required.
$7299 shipped
2.75% ebay bucks & CC rewards = $7,100 delivered
$0 tax

I like your numbers. I have zero experience with either eBay Bucks or CC rewards, but now could be a good time to start!

$7.1K, delivered!

#2413 6 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

IM pro's seem to be shipping out today for the launch party locations. Stay Tuned.

"Locations"?

I thought there was just the one location, at MGC.

#2429 6 years ago

Thirteen minutes and counting here.

How can you(Jack) not set up and dial in *before* the scheduled hour?

#2430 6 years ago

Me seeing the Pro PF.

Drat.

#2467 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Don’t get your hopes up!

You funny, bruh'!

#2569 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

first games are going out NOW - I know operators who have already gotten their notice

My local pinball bar corroborates this, as he (the proprietor) is expecting his Pro to be in place on location come next Monday. I don't know what/who his distro might be, but it's quite possible that his pin is coming straight here from MGC, where it will be on free-play for the show, etc. Perhaps that was the only way to get one so quickly. Domestic operators who want truly NIB may have their pins ship next week, but I'm only guessing.

#2572 6 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Pro's are shipping now as many in my area have received theirs just today. (Pic Added, Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum)

Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum?

Is this in your area? Have you been there to play this pin?

If so, what are your impressions?

#2588 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There is one now at Caffetto not far from you. Go play it and see what you think.
LTG : )

Well, I took your advice, Lloyd, and hustled over to Caffetto. Sure enough, there it stood. Of course, there also stood many other interested pinballers, so it was look, don't touch, for me. At least I got to see gameplay in person. To my pleasant surprise, the music was *not* annoying. This pin had a powered sub and the audio was excellent. The Eddie callouts have ample menace, but the British girl who does her share doesn't really compare to the girl from GOT. (And yes, they are different actors.) The PF looks beautiful, with plenty of colorful inserts and all that brushed stainless. The main ramps rise significantly above the PF, with steep transitions, so rejects appeared common. The left ramp is tight, but bricking it doesn't tie your ball up in the pops for more than a second or two. The end of the kicker ramp is perhaps 1.5-inches away from the target switches, so don't imagine that the shot is a true launch, like, say, NGG's Hole-in-One shot, etc. The loops look fun, but bear in mind that the ball needs to come to your flipper hugging the loop wall or you'll be reaching for it and won't "connect" as necessary to make the shot. I saw very few successful consecutive loops or Super Jackpots from the upper left flipper, and just a handful of consecutive larger loops.

Translite is colorful and attractive with the illumination of the internal bulb - better than it appears in any picture. Cabinet art was hard to appreciate as the pin stood in a darkened space.

All the players I watched appeared to be moderately skilled and all advanced through the modes - or at least they all began multi-balls dependably, earning many jackpots. The outlanes weren't particularly hungry. Ball times were long'ish.

Animations in the LCD display look like those of a third-rate video game, with the Mummy and the Tomb images being the best.

I would say go play it yourself at this location, but the game will head to MGC for the next few days I believe beginning tomorrow morning. I could be wrong. You could ask Caffetto. They're on Facebook.

#2636 6 years ago

Leaked Premium and LE images?

Has anyone heard rumblings about a leak?

I talked to a distributor in IA who used that word. Is he misled?

I don't know where but here to look for a leaked image of a Premium, frankly.

Certainly nothing turns up in a Google Images search.

#2641 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

I listened to a podcast today and the word is we should see Stern release any day now.

A podcast focused on IMDN? Please elaborate.

#2744 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

In my view, the LCD content should feel like an extension of the art from the playfield, backglass and cab. <snip>
Another way of saying this is that ZY should be the art director for ALL art content and guide others down an art-style path. <snip>Ideally, it should not be approached like dots were where a "dot artist" worked with the programmer in isolation. I'm not saying that there aren't some inherent differences between playfield and LCD art just saying that it shouldn't be so obvious that ZY is completely uninvolved in the LCD content. I will add that JJP is leading on this front<snip>

Good points. It's possible that asking the PF artist to also take on the "electronic" art of the display would be just too much in terms of time/effort.

And I agree: JJP's "dots" are the best around, by a fairly large margin. I actually think TWD's dots are a good deal better than the animations of IMDN - at least when seen with a color DMD.

#2759 6 years ago
Quoted from Teo76:

L.E. 161 in Italy

I'm excited for you, but please show us some photos. As you can probably guess, we in the States are some curious to see what the LE looks like!

#2772 6 years ago
Quoted from theironmaiden:

L.E. #26 locked in for Colorado!

You're starting to worry me.

Is this image going to be any part of the backglass/cabinet art?

#2774 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Powerslave is the rumor I heard. Not sure what that means though. Haha

I'll be relieved if you're right, as Satan here looks like a prancing satyr and the Mummy looks like a Bolshoi dancer.

No thanks!

#2776 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Powerslave is the Prem art. LE art is supposed to have Eddie piloting a plane, but no idea on the "battle" backglass.

You know, your post, for the first time since I first read Stern's feature matrix, has me rethinking "battle."

I was thinking battlefield, not battle, and that is likely a mistake. I was thinking of the Trooper on his battlefield, but now I'm thinking more of Eddie's soul-shard-recapturing odyssey and the battles necessary along the way, etc. My concern then is that the art above would play into that notion deftly, and that worries me. (Still!)

#2797 6 years ago
Quoted from theironmaiden:

My guess, and the fact that the LE comes with metallic red rails/legs etc... (doesn't really match a camo plane, and the fact that the machine is based on the comics which are in part based on the video game where Eddie battles the Devil for shards, make it seem possible that Steve Harris would want to showcase the entire battle on the LE machine. <snip>

Good points. Still, a "battlefield" is a battlefield. The art above, while a great representation of the Legacy of the Beast theme, isn't a battlefield. I don't know which way to lean here.

Do we know anything more about just who might have seen the LE? Would it have been someone at Stern's factory?

#2798 6 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Dumb question but is the sound in stereo?

You know what, this is *not* a dumb question at all. All of my experimentation with Pinball Browser taught me that audio files are converted to mono before they can be added to the code. I remember taking alternate audio from the web, adjusting it in Audacity, and then adding it to my revised code via Pinball Browser. In every case, the result was sub-par when I heard those same files during gameplay. Monaural is pooh.

Still, IMNDLE touts a JBL audio upgrade, suggesting stereo power/brilliance, etc.

I'm trying to recall if IMDN Pro on location here made good use of stereo separation. I don't think it did, but if it were truly mono it would have sounded awful - and it did not.

#2820 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I'd be intetested to see if that's true. I can tell you it kicked my ass harder than any of the other ones on the floor! Thanks for having it at the show!

That suggests to me that the techs set this pin up to be as difficult as possible, as tourney pins typically are. If you've ever watched a Bowen Kerins PAPA tutorial, he will often mention how PAPA's pins are invariably set up for the shortest ball times possible.

#2843 6 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Here is the bottom of the banner, possibly premium on left and le on right? I’d like that pic posted above the best also.

Very interesting: this would mean the artwork for the Premium and LE has been right under our noses! It's been combined for the translite of the Pro! But wait, the art on the right half of the Pro's translite is *not* "battlefield" themed, particularly.

#2844 6 years ago

Now I'm *really* worried, as I don't much like Trooper Eddie on horseback. Eddie is such a ferocious beast in Maiden lore that he would have slaughtered any horse that was foolish enough to get near him. I don't care for the cloud-like apparitions behind him, either. It is battlefield though, and to me that's worrisome.

#2886 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well i finally got to play Iron Maiden today. All i can say is.......Dark Knight for Stern my Ass Haters, ha ha haaa!! For all of you guys that are getting one and havent played it yet, you are in for a BIG surprise! This game is absolutely kick MF’in Ass!! I’m going to just say it now, HOME RUN BOYS! I can say that because that’s exactly what this game is. Lets just go ahead and call it a Grand Slam! Great job Stern and Kieth Elwin!

Congrats, Who-Dey. You've been active in this thread for weeks, so it's good to hear you finally got to play it. I finally played it, too, and I played quite poorly, frankly. I didn't make a single left ramp or inner loop, and I started perhaps one multi-ball. Of course, I'm fairly unskilled in general.

#2888 6 years ago

Tomorrow marks three weeks since the Pro reveal. Stern seems to like Tuesday for significant developments/announcements for IMDN. Is tomorrow going to be the day? Premium/LE, come on down?

1 week later
#3319 6 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Awesome pin. Got my pro today. Ordered a premium also.

OMG!

Look at this lineup!

'tis Stern heaven!

1 week later
#5327 5 years ago

To any of you within driving distance of Minneapolis, come to Tilt and play the LE there.

I saw it today, intending to play it - naturally! - but my tokens wouldn't register and no credit appeared. Rather than ask the bartenders to sort it out, I simply played the Pro that stands directly beside the LE. Go see them and compare!

The LE is gorgeous! Have no doubt: the backglass is a true mirrored backglass and looks stellar!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.50
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Trade
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jason_jehosaphat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday?tu=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.