1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7,167 posts
  • 672 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 92 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 888 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9C575F0A-1D88-44CA-9EB8-6B444307CEA7 (resized).jpeg
20180726_193050 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180619_202938 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180626_061913 (resized).jpg
20180625_090851 (resized).jpg
20180625_090605 (resized).jpg
IMG_0386 (resized).JPG
EC0D26C9-4574-415D-85B3-9B8AC424589E (resized).jpeg
20180622_172513 (resized).jpg
20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (1 year ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (1 year ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (1 year ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (1 year ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (1 year ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (1 year ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (1 year ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (1 year ago)

Post #2685 Display font comparison - existing font vs metal font Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #3776 Pic of Iron Maiden LE cabinet and backglass Posted by jar155 (1 year ago)

Post #3940 Pics of the lifting ramp on the Le/Prem. Posted by theironmaiden (1 year ago)

Post #4264 High res LE pics. Posted by starbase (1 year ago)

Post #4864 LE broadcast from Dead Flip backup. Posted by DeadFlip (1 year ago)

Post #5313 Picture of screw-on Iron Maiden Shooter Rod end for the LEs Posted by BOBCADE (1 year ago)

Post #5345 Iron Maiden Pro cabinet splitting picture Posted by bigd1979 (1 year ago)

Post #5383 Leg reinforcement shopping list. Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #5554 Link to rules Posted by Eskaybee (1 year ago)

Post #6692 Spacing info for Newton Ball switches Posted by Chalkey (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#83 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Interesting. I found it more than fine. It's one of, if not the least compromised Stern Pros I've ever seen.
And I'm just a ordinary fan of the movies.

I agree it’s one of the least compromised Pros but that’s because the Premium/LEs where the models that got compromised with GOTG - 2 spinners, 2 extra magnets literally right next to the 1 on the pro, molded hands and an opening orb - RGB inserts, lighting & a real backglass don’t count as they should be standard on Prem/LEs.

I am not a maiden fan, don’t think I have ever listened to a single song of theirs but I am super excited to see what Keith comes up with, especially if it’s his Archer design

#91 1 year ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Like i said before Lyman or i am out ! Well at least untill a few years if the code is ever done,finished and awesome

I am sure someone posted on pinside (can never find a post when you want it) it’s Keith’s ruleset but Lyman will be implementing them/doing the programming?

#217 1 year ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Those mofo's will probably only "announce" and not show any pictures.

Couple of people have said announcement and teaser video, I guess there isn’t long left before we maybe find out.

#262 1 year ago

Literally announcing now...

#471 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

My favorite part of the announcement,was when Jack Danger says Oh dear lord in response to the beard calling him a pinball wizard.

Jack looked uncomfortable on several occasions, when the guy with the cap was asking if he can start bagging on other pinball companies I think Jack was thinking “oh shit”. I know I found that really unprofessional and awkward, luckily jack handled it nicely and swiftly but the guy with the cap was a muppet.

#486 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

All up in arms waisting your Saturday starring at a soundless pinball feed.

I was at work and enjoyed the stream of the finals, which I tuned in for as I heard it was BM66 and I really enjoyed watching those guys play the hell out of it and seeing some of the deeper part of the game I haven’t been able to get to, so certainly wasn’t wasted time, genuinely enjoyed watching those guys kick ass.

The reveal was supposed to be the icing on the cake and was pathetic, if it was done to steal sales from ACNC then a proper tease would have been the way to do it, showing a few snippets of the playfield/whitewood maybe even tease a mech or two. Simply showing text of a title that was pretty much confirmed/already known by 90% of (us) potential buyers hasn’t changed or stolen any sales from anyone.

#1567 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Concrete just said somebody is wanting $9299 no shipping now.
Supposedly it was $8799 shipped before
I’m thinking no F ing way. But we all lose our collective got damn minds when it comes to this BS

Pffft that’s cheap Ice

Here in the UK an LE quoted from our official distributor (not including our independent resellers - the guys we go to) is £10,800 that’s about $15,200

#1625 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

I reckon they are sitting on some unsold Guardians they can't move....???

After this reveal GOTG sales have probably all but stopped, the maiden pro is loaded with shots and features, it’s more loaded than GOTG Prem/LE.

I love GOTG as a theme and have no interest in maiden (never listened to a single track of theirs) but from a purely pinball/money perspective you would have to be mad to buy a GOTG over Maiden.

3 weeks later
#3424 1 year ago

Cool I had no idea Prem/LE could be revealed tonight, fingers crossed as I am on a night shift and kid free to watch any stream/reveal in peace

#3481 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

So you rate WOOLY as a 10 out of 10 game. And the toys you rate as perfect are (quoted from your review):
“Toys: The toys on this table are really all about the player interaction with the game. 6, that is right, SIX flippers that all have a variety of shots and are needed to be successful in the game. No wasted flippers here and everything feels smooth. Main "toy" would be the hades pop up which as this point is used for some hurry ups and seldom seen and challenging to hit in the time allowed. Yet another challenge that I look forward to exploring more.”
So flippers are in fact a toy to you. And those along with one seldom used pop up makes it a perfect game.

And you rate Lord of the Rings overall as 4.375 with a ring that catches the ball and throws it, and a Balrog bash toy that moves and reacts to hits.
And you rate Metallica LE overall as 1.21 and the worst game you have ever reviewed. And its toys include a Hammer that knocks a ball into a under PF coffin and then subway system, a bash toy that gets electrocuted, in line drops leading to a mechanized cross, and animated spitting snake toy, and 2 magnets.
So WOOLYs toys are exponentially better than MET LE such that it gets an overall perfect rating but METs toys are garbage?
Sounds reasonable to me. No bias at all.

54EB91F3-3B08-468B-88E3-948EBED68FBC (resized).jpeg

#3533 1 year ago
Quoted from BoJo:

No whysnow for 5 days

As soon as I saw who-dey post I knew whysnow reply to him was only going to end in a thread eject

#3578 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

There's even going to be a few surprises not on the published matrix list .

Just on the LE? Or will Premiums also have a surprise or two??

#3742 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Can you get the red outlined speakers like that aftermarket? Flipper Fidelity?

yelobird is your man for these aftermarket, he does a red set for BM66 and a blue set for SW

#3746 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Omg my inbox.
I only got pics of the le because i have a deposit down. I an not going to jeopardize that by sharing, sorry.

Luckily someone else already has above!

#3961 1 year ago
Quoted from TheWizard00:

now bring on the premium cause i want to buy one!

Aslong as the Prem has the same physical playfield/features as the LE, Stern are going to be selling this title by the boat load, I am genuinely blown away by how good this looks, Sterns best looking release in a long time, bravo Keith and team you smashed this one out the park!

#3970 1 year ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Now if we can figure out a way to remove the airplane side art....

It will look awesome especially with the foil decals (they look phenomenal on IMVE & BM66SLE) if not just go down from your LE to Prem, aslong as the Prem has the same playfield features as the LE you wont be missing out, hell even the Pro on this release is knocking peoples socks off.

#3979 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'd be COMPLETELY happy with a Pro vs. an LE on this one.
What happened to the 3D look near the rear target we were told about? Layers of 2D art screwed on top of each other are "technically" 3D, but we're grasping at straws here.

I dunno man, I would probably go Prem all day everyday, that lock mech looks pretty damn sweet plus any kind of diverter on a ramp is usually a neat trick especially if it completely changes up the ramp shot - its 2 shots for the price of 1 ramp. Shame there doesn't seem to be a vari target like there was on Archer or the lower scoop but I am nit picking as the whole package on this game looks great!

Saying all that though I don't think anyone going Pro on this release would be disappointed though the Pro itself is a more than competent package!

#3988 1 year ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

This game looks amazing but this “reveal” is a complete dumpster fire!
So stern has yet to formally release any images of LE or PREM but clearly there are leaks all over the place from within since many of you have some or all of the photos. This can not possibly be how Stern wanted these images to hit the market. They have lost total control of the collateral and the timing and the nature of the reveal...how does this even happen? They did so well keeping this thing secret and it’s got amazing press thus far but this turn of events is laughable!
That said I think the thing looks amazing and can’t wait to play it!!! I just feel bad for Stern that this shit show is unfolding. Why haven’t they killed it by expediting their intended reveal? Unbelievable.

While a lot of Sterns reveals could be described as dumpster fires I don't think this is one of them, Stern are not allowed to release these images publically before the licence holder, Sterns hands are tied you do what your licence holder says.

So what better way to get them out in the public domain while keeping your own hands clean, than pass them onto distributors, who will pass them on to customers, who will likely leak them publically and blow the hype train into overdrive, I actually think this was a pretty clever reveal from Stern for once!

Then again it could be a complete fluke and accident after all

#3990 1 year ago

The premium may knock it out of the park and really hit the sweet spot of features and art, but I have a feeling the lifting ramp might get in the way of the flow of the game, like bicycle girl. I know it's different, but still, is it worth like a 2K difference?

Like in TWD you can probably deactivate the ramp, to each their own I love the ramp on the TWD gives me two shots for the price of one, but like TWD the Pro with this release looks just as solid as the Prem/LE, its more a choice of flavours than loosing out as each tier looks like a blast!

#3995 1 year ago
Quoted from twinmice:

So where does the ball go when you shoot it under the ramp??

Into a scoop located below the centre jump/lift ramp.

#4049 1 year ago

Talking aesthetics. Hardly visual amazement. But I was never a huge fan of stacked Shrinky Dinks anyway.

The stacked plastics look fine, what Stern need to learn to do is hide the head of all those nuts, that whole backboard area would look x10 better if all those nuts where hidden, but if all we can complain about is some nuts then Stern did something right with the rest of the game its going to rock!

#4059 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

I think everyone will be happy with any version that is purchased

Other than the game looking and from reports of people who have played the Pro being kickass, its a breathe of fresh air around here with so much positivity surrounding a release and the amount of negative shit this hobby has seen over the last couple of years, not to mention the shit some of our fellow pinheads are now going through with Heighway, its nice to have some positive stuff going on to balance the scales a little.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside