1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7,167 posts
  • 672 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 92 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 888 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9C575F0A-1D88-44CA-9EB8-6B444307CEA7 (resized).jpeg
20180726_193050 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180619_202938 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180626_061913 (resized).jpg
20180625_090851 (resized).jpg
20180625_090605 (resized).jpg
IMG_0386 (resized).JPG
EC0D26C9-4574-415D-85B3-9B8AC424589E (resized).jpeg
20180622_172513 (resized).jpg
20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (1 year ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (1 year ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (1 year ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (1 year ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (1 year ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (1 year ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (1 year ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (1 year ago)

Post #2685 Display font comparison - existing font vs metal font Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #3776 Pic of Iron Maiden LE cabinet and backglass Posted by jar155 (1 year ago)

Post #3940 Pics of the lifting ramp on the Le/Prem. Posted by theironmaiden (1 year ago)

Post #4264 High res LE pics. Posted by starbase (1 year ago)

Post #4864 LE broadcast from Dead Flip backup. Posted by DeadFlip (1 year ago)

Post #5313 Picture of screw-on Iron Maiden Shooter Rod end for the LEs Posted by BOBCADE (1 year ago)

Post #5345 Iron Maiden Pro cabinet splitting picture Posted by bigd1979 (1 year ago)

Post #5383 Leg reinforcement shopping list. Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #5554 Link to rules Posted by Eskaybee (1 year ago)

Post #6692 Spacing info for Newton Ball switches Posted by Chalkey (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#271 1 year ago

Lets go already.

#341 1 year ago

At least it got me listening to Maiden tonight, forgot how much I love the older stuff. Great song and my personal pick for best translite.

#365 1 year ago

Jesus its pinball, yeah that was horseshit but who cares we will see it all soon enough. They aren't going to spend major dollars when pinheads will buy it if its fun regardless, theres no luring in new potential customers here hence the theme. I love it but I'm 43 grew up with Maiden and a shitty teaser has not affected my excitment at all.

Quoted from aingide:

if you want to get more people watching live pinball

thats never going to happen, the current folk who actually watch live pinball are the only folk who will ever watch live pinball, I mean theres no fuckin sound and you have to listen to a crew of dickheads babbling all night, well I just tuned in now and after the teaser I'm tuning out. Live Pinball

#374 1 year ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

I still think a more professional styled announcment at the TPF last week would have knocked a Home Run for Stern than this joke of a way.

I don't understand, do you honestly believe that a bad teaser will affect sales? Anyone who likes Maiden and is interested in buying this game is still interested, if any of you travelled to Texas or watched more that 10 secs of "live pinball" to get details then thats ur problem I'll see everything in high detail and be able to play the game within a 10 min drive in the next couple months without hardly moving, Oh man the beer and stuff is really kicking in now time to go. changed my mind this would be the best translite.

iron-maiden-iron-maiden-16769376-1035-1023 (resized).jpg

#455 1 year ago
Quoted from klr650:

No matter how awesome this game will be, this song would definitely take it to the next level!

This is still by far my favorite mashup ever:

I'd like 8 Bit Maiden, with Nintendo style artwork. Time for bed.

#458 1 year ago

Ok I don't know who the goof is with the hat but he stated there would be a "reveal' on facebook and he should have stated an "announcement", not defending Stern's marketing becasue like most of pinball marketing it sucks just that this dickhead from some show that I've never heard of and and not having anything to do with this pin is quite possibly the worst pair up I've ever seen. As for "Legacy of the Beast" something else I never heard of till today if Stern goes this route they will lose many of the geezer rock/metal crowd which I'm proud to be a part of by the way, we are the market. I've never heard anyone under 30 and really more like 40 thats goes out to play pinball or has any interest in this hobby at all, please don't bring ur young next of skin into this they only know about pinball becasue of you.

#532 1 year ago
Quoted from spinal:

Jack Danger immediately after the video was shown:

"This is freaking amazing!"

That guy is a gameshow host, I'm sure hes a nice fella and all but its like a used car salesman he is telling you want you want to hear. I have no time for it, its like the guys who operate pins or sell mods they have a completely different motive for being on this site than just the player/collector and its real obvious. Oh Yeah

#533 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Considering the amount of cash a NIB can generate, it never ceases to amaze how many complete buffoons have decision making power at these companies.

Gary Stern is a smart business man and he would spend the money on Ad/marketing if needed, but pinheads will buy the game regardless. They might even say upon release "this pin is turd I wouldn't spend a dime on it" and a year later its the greatest thing ever and a must have, I think we all know more than just a a few pins that fall into this category and even more pinsiders.

#539 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Hey buddy leave deadflip alone. Maybe Danger is his middle name just like Austin Powers, who cares... He works his tail off for pinball streaming usually every weeknight. I imagine he will be driving up to Wisconsin soon to show everyone Alice Cooper also. God knows Charlie can't film a pinball video to save his life (see Spooky's Facebook) Anyways, my point is that he isn't a Stern shill, just a good dude that streams a ton of pinball.

Yeah and its all good will right, nothing to do with money or very limited fame? Don't be naive, that being said I do appreciate what he does but come on, thats like when people make out that Cointaker are the salt of the earth, they have one goal to make money selling pinball machines and lights etc. nothing wrong with that at all but please don't talk foolish.

#590 1 year ago

Man I couldn't buy Iron Maiden if I didn't like the band, u guys are "good people" I had to sell my Met Pre because I couldn't get past "Fuel" "Enter Sandman" and Metallica post Justice in general then again I'm a well known jackass, and very proud. does that mean if they made a Justin Beiber pin and it was fun to play you guys might buy it?

#599 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

I listened to a great deal of Metallica growing up and still enjoy their music, but I don't know how to describe it I'm just kind of over them. Like I don't get excited to hear Enter Sandman's opening riff or won't really sit through "One" anymore just to hear that badass solo at the end.

On the other hand IM has everything I look for not just in metal, but music in general. Great technical guitar playing, punishing riffs, speed, and Bruce's voice. I listen to Ozzy's Boneyard on the daily drive to work. IM instantly puts me in a better mood. My 2¢

Iron Maiden lost me after PowerSlave but as long as the pin is great and I can change the newer songs which is hopefully a small part of the game I won't have the same distain as I do with metallica they just turned into whiny commercial pop Metal douchebags, I wish Cliff never died cause he wouldn't have stood for any of it, even Jason had to leave the group due to fuckfaceitis. Anyway looking forward to tuesday hopefully its not a major let down. Oh Metallica......................

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_5kf8rkmnrns400wooo4wcwc8o_640 (resized).jpg

#730 1 year ago
Quoted from dannylite:

Strike the masses man. If you rode a motorbike into the show with a chain draging an Iron Maiden cabinet you'd sell a F@ckTon more. Right!

I applaud ur enthusiam sir but these pin companies aren't stupid, its pretty much the same group of pinheads that buy these games and they know they don't need to spend the money on that kind of reveal, operators really only care about reliability and whether the game will earn, if it plays well with a good theme then I'm sold regardless of the marketing. I would love to believe pinball will thrive when the current 20 somethings get into their 40's but if I had to place a bet on it then I'm going with "thats not happening". I think when we are gone so is pinball, but hopefully I'm very wrong.

#731 1 year ago

I hoping for an early morning reveal.

#735 1 year ago

Come on, its blatantly obvious when the retail salemen and operators and modders post on this site, I say give them their own area to talk shop I don't need any more commercials in my life. I have a few operators friends and they are so full of shit its coming out of their ears, don't get me started on salesmen.

#886 1 year ago

Wow, just wow.

#909 1 year ago
Quoted from spinal:

My first impression is that someone put some heart into this machine - farkin nailed the art package! (thank you)

Yep my favorite piece of PF art ever, the whole thing is just fantastic (I almost typed fabulous) I'm gonna wait and play see what the Pre looks like but the rules seem soild and the its striking. Damn it I almost typed fabulous again..........

Stern haters can suck it.

oa4EUwh (resized).jpg

#1123 1 year ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

No. It won’t out sell Acdc or Metallica.

Why do u think that?

#1150 1 year ago

I've been playing pinball for 30 years and I still call it "the thing that shoots the ball back out at ya" who gives a shit

#1161 1 year ago
Quoted from westofrome:

I'm learning so much about pin terminology here. Interesting that Stern is moving away from even saucers/scoops in favor of posts. I genuinely can't think of any single game back to the 70s that didn't have a single saucer or scoop other than this and GOT pro.

1 down and 2 to go I say, next thing I hope starts to disappear is pop bumpers with the exception of one placed out in the open like TNA. Lastly and sadly something that I doubt will ever vanish from pinball is bad humor/callouts, but I can dream the impossible dream.

#1214 1 year ago

This game is blowing my mind right now i think I'll be fine with the pro version. The Trooper, damn this is great.

#1220 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

The music is just aggressively terrible.

What? shame on u sir shame on ur ears. Then again I would be on ur side if this was a Country music band theme with the exception of "flip around on it"

#1231 1 year ago
Quoted from deibert:

Who is the woman doing the call outs? Kind of generic like TWD.

Where is the custom speech from Bruce?!

I'm loving all the voice work thus far and theres no bad humor. This is getting better by the second.

#1233 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah 2 voices, nice touch.

1 would be just fine with me, I could go with almost no voice at all but at least the 2 voices are fitting without terrible pinball jokes.

#1274 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

It definitely isn't the JJP model.

Thankfully so, the pro is still the cheapest price going and with all the features on this pin its impressive. I don't really care about the mechanical differences in this case so like SW I'm fine with the Pro version and I like that, my wallet likes that.

#1277 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But I get it, lots of people wouldn't feel the theme

I think its safe to say only you would feel the theme in that case Aurich.

#1281 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

it's still a far cry from the JJP model

So by that you mean its actually a good theme? I couldn't resist.

#1290 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I bet you could sell a Beastie Boys pin to this crowd though. People would be calling for Sabotage Multiball.

I would consider a Kool Keith pin maybe a Brotha Lynch Hung, Beastie boys where they play instruments I could listen to but not a pin, what do I care I've got an Iron Maiden pin coming.

#1317 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

and the Pro feels like the Home version.

Thats one of the most ridiculous things I ever read on this site, have you played a SW pro? Jesus.

#1455 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

Iron Maiden sucks as a band IMO but I like cool art & pinball so I suspect if coded well an Egyptian premium will land here.

TWD is a show I cannot stand. Too stressful. But the game was something I had to have. Iron Maiden might be the same scenario.

Sounds like you and Jar need to get together. Hating Maiden and gettign stressed over Zombies. Say Ohhhmmmmmmm

74377267 (resized).jpg

#1532 1 year ago

Its quite amazing to me how pinsiders care at all about how quickly a pin sells, Sterns bottom line, price comparisons and BOfM which is my personal favorite of the bunch, I mean "how many coils"

#1621 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

I reckon they are sitting on some unsold Guardians they can't move....???

That will happen with Deadpool as well if they continue to make Marvel pins based on the films without the real actors voicework, I don't care about custom call outs but I passed on GOTG mainly due to the terrible voices and brutal humor/pinball references, like Xmen even though its based on the comic its a real killer.

#1623 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The whole "upgraded" sound thing for this title is an obvious solution to the Stern team sitting around and talking about how TNA kicks ass and brainstorming what sort of new marketing buzz they needed to general with "upgrading the speakers"

R u actually comparing the techno Euro disco soundtrack of TNA to IronMaiden? You guys make me laugh with the whole "Stern is worried about these other companies" crap. I mean don't get me wrong very happy Spooky and JJP and AP even the bad ones like Dutch and Heighway are making pins but please don't be foolish. Stern is King and I don't believe for one second that they have any concern regarding these other manufacturers.

#1665 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

have you listened to the far superior sound quality provided by TNA (and also adopted to ACNC)?

I dont care about your music tastes. I am talking about sound quality and the hardware running the system. You are blind if you dont realize that the only reason Stern has opted to upgrade their sound system now is due to TNA. Hell George Gomez is even on the record saying it was the #1 game he wanted to buy for himself (I hope he has done so by now as the game is great and it would be good for his business if he owned one and played it on a regular basis)

Yeah I've heard a TNA but when I went from that to TWD then The Shadow its not anything that impressed me really, I've never added an ext Sub or upgraded my speakers and I like it loud, then again I've never had an issue with pinball sound outside the actual material itself even the Sega pins. What I can't stand is bad music or terrible call outs. If TNA and Spooky have caused Stern to up their audio quality then I'm grateful as I would be for any upgrade, I do audio engineering work from time to time and theres a saying "u can't polish a turd" if the material sucks then it sucks maybe Iron Maiden will be the first instance where I can really appreciate the enhanced audio, Hey I hope so but TNA didn't do it for me.

1 week later
#2183 1 year ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

I actually feel kinda bad for you guys who hate Maiden's music.

Well you shouldn't. I feel nothing for them, they lose out because of their shit taste in music. I'd like to change Fear of the Dark for a PD classic from Killers otherwise loving the playlist. Can't wait for my pro.

#2567 1 year ago
Quoted from fantarama:

I don't get this outcry here. I mean, the code seems pretty complete. I don't know what standards are you using to judge the code completion of this game, but it has several modes and multiballs. I mean, take for example Medieval Madness... I know it's an older game, but it has as much or even less code than this one. And the animations and sound are more than ok on this release.
If we were talking about Guardians of the galaxy that would be another story, that one was a real mess.
But in this case it smells like complaining for complaining. I'm even tempted to call the wambulance, go figure!
On another and more general note, I'm all about they releasing the game "incomplete", that allows for updates. If the game couldn't be updated they'd release it and you'd have to deal with what you got and that would be the end of the story, but while you can keep adding decimals to the version there's always room for improvement.

I can explain it quite easily, many pinsiders suffer from a terrible disease I call "FuckFaceItis" and its not just pinside its an epidemic right now all over the world.
Game looks amazing and code its more than adequate at release not too mention its Iron Maiden with 4 flippers 2 spinners and thats just the Pro model.

#2746 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I like rock music, especially ACDC but I just can't get into Iron Maidens music. None of the music felt, in my opinion, like it went well with a pinball machine unlike that in ACDC, Metallica, KISS and Aerosmith.

Aerosmith works but Iron Maiden let you down? Kiss? Come on man.

#2828 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I prefer the top one.

me too. I'm gonna wait to the see the Pre now before buying a Pro as this game will be a keeper and I think the Powerslave style will work the best overall, plus why not get the extras? either way I can't wait.

#2963 1 year ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

More toys doesn’t always equal more fun.

Yeah and sometimes depending on the game or the toys it can equal less fun, I'll take open and flowing over crammed and stop go any day.

1 week later
#4543 1 year ago

Quoted from jeffsarcade:

thanks

12 songs

The Number of the Beast
Run to the Hills
Hallowed Be Thy Name
The Trooper
Flight of Icarus
Powerslave
Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Waster Years
Can I Play With Madness
Fear of the Dark

I need to change Can I play with madness to Where Eagles dare, Wasted Years to Wrathchild, Fear of the Dark to Phantom of the Opera and maybe Rime to Quest for fire or Sun and Steel then all is right with the world.

#5045 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

So when Stern puts the Eddie dolls on the playfield it’s because they are super smart, gifted engineers, but when a hobbyist puts the same dolls on the playfield they become “lame figurines”? I’m confused. :thinking

Don't be confused they are both lame.

#5110 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The bar couldn't get any lower after SWLE

Why did you buy it then? SW was a clear example that the Pro was the best overall option. I recently sold my pro no complaints at all and no thoughts what so ever as to bang for ur buck.

#5132 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Yikes! The Premium/LE was barren enough. The Pro looks like a Home Edition.

Wow, I'm sorry but that is ridiculous. Lets get back to Maiden I don't want to rehash the SW debate with foolishness like "home edition" comparisons.

1 week later
#5874 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

At these prices a vast majority or customers want a quality product without issues.

Like the faultless JJP pins right? "Build Quality" Theres always going to be issues and setting up out the box thats the way it is. I agree it would be nice if every pin shipped from factory without issues but thats never going to happen.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln, NE

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside