20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (6 years ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (6 years ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (6 years ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (6 years ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (5 years ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (5 years ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (5 years ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#327 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think the Live After Death album cover would make the most bad ass translite ever!

they are using the 'legacy of the beast' theme.

Expect a lot of reuse of media from the game.. which means the art style too

legacy (resized).jpglegacy (resized).jpg

#438 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

That will certainly be a kick in the nuts if they're re-using assets from a crappy mobile game ... and from what I've seen, Legacy Of The Beast tour promotional material is hardly the pinnacle of the band's associated art.

It's a mobile game. As for the music videos ... it's kind of derivative of the metal genre - they pioneered or used the 3D rendered videos very early .. and have stuck with it, including the 'primitive' style. Fans seem to like it.

The stuff looks fine..

maiden (resized).jpgmaiden (resized).jpg

The stuff on the web doesn't really convey the game well. This video does a bit better, but it looks great. But its much more focused on the 90s+ stuff and less like the early 80s stuff.

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That art doesnt look bad but it doesn’t look near as good as the 80’s art did. Big mistake if this is the art they are going with.

Remember how the awesome Rob Zombie art translated to a pinball machine??? No so much

People have expectations of how pinball art "should" look... and its much more towards outlined, comic style and less like the painting style the Maiden album covers were.

#446 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I personally think that the RZ artwork is terrible but thats just my opinion of course. The new Iron Maiden artwork looks like childs play compared to the 80’s artwork. Its not terrible but it’s definitely not as good as the old stuff.

You're also comparing basically portraits vs dynamic stuff that has to move, animate, etc. Different styles have different constraints.

What we do know is they've picked up on the Legacy of the Beast theme.. so it's not going to be the 80s art simply rehashed.

Since most people don't seem to be familiar with the game here.. I don't think people need to be freaking out. But it will be interesting to see if they shift the bias of the tracks and characters to the older stuff. The game has quite a blend.. even from the unpopular 90s themes.

For instance... Brave New World is very prominent in the game.. or even stuff from Dance of Death.. not necessarily deep track stuff, but there is a lot of that in there and not just stuff from the 80s

#447 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

RZ wasn't a problem of the art or art style "not translating" to pinball but poor art direction. A more skilled art director who has done other pinball projects could have done a much better job with Rob Zombie (especially on the playfield).

Things like the cabinet are stand-alone... and still just don't 'fit' even tho being great art on its own. I think people fixating on portraits or static painting style wouldn't find that simply mapped to pins all that attractive.

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

For those worried that the machine will not feature classic songs:
The concept for the Legacy Of The Beast World Tour was inspired by Maiden’s mobile game and comic book of the same name and the stage set design will feature a number of different but interlocking “worlds” with a set list covering a large selection of Eighties material with a handful of surprises from later albums to add diversity.

The tour... is their “mix” tour. They now like to do an album tour.... then a mix tour.... then repeat. LotB is their mix so it will be a blend across their library. Kind of a greatest hits. The visuals and sets should have the feel like lotb

#621 6 years ago
Quoted from PinWiz1969:

New music was the forefront, which nobody really cares about. Bring on the 80's material! It lacked in comparison. Just my opinion

You goto a new album tour.. and are shocked that the setlist is heavy on the new album?

BTW.. the setlist on the Book of Souls tour (named that.. because you know.. it was about the album... Book of Souls) on the 2017 leg featured 6 songs off the new album.. out of 15.

Contrast this with Maiden's 'mix' tours.. the last of which was Maiden England - where everything was Fear of the Dark or older because they were revisiting Maiden England which itself was a revisit of Seventh Son.

Legacy of the Beast Tour will be of the 'mix' type.

And comparing with Metallica is tough.. since you know they are a big radio band too. But Maiden still made the top 10 touring for the first half of 2017.
https://www.pollstar.com/Chart/2017/07/207MidYearTop100WorldwideTours_575.pdf

#635 6 years ago

the hype machine is working... grinding its gears...

#903 6 years ago

The Coast2Coast podcast is mandatory listening... KME explains the game IN GREAT DETAIL... including the rules and potentials. We know more about this game in the first hour than most we know in a month.

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-242_125160

#994 6 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Wonder if this will get the world under glass approval from K.

given (resized).jpeggiven (resized).jpeg

#1014 6 years ago

Remember when people were moaning over LotB art and fear of reusing stuff?

LOL

The final package here is stellar and right on the mark with the style/characters from the LoTB universe (many are direct lifts of the pose/etc). ZombieYeti did a great job of blending both the original painting feel, with the comic style.

I love how the Pro translite looks, but not necessarily a fan of the eddies they picked to be up front. Really looking forward to seeing the Premium and LE! Sounds like The Trooper for LE.. and powerslave for Premium

#1016 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

ok, this is the only thing that's not making any sense to me
why have an eddie in a straightjacket stand-up plastic on the pop bumper directly above playfield art featuring eddie in a straightjacket?!?

Wouldn't it be more conflicted if you had a eddie there that completely clashed with the PF art?

#1069 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

edit:
if the flaming demon holding the pitchfork is an eddy as well, than baskin robbins for the win with 31

No that's the beast. The nemesis in the comic

#1130 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It doesn't, it's a multi target, radiating out from the center, and you score differently depending on how close to the center you get. Was like this on Archer too. Was a cool idea then, it's a cool idea now, there no need for it to go through, that doesn't make any sense with the concept.

Yeah, you smash eddie in the balls... not go through him

#1133 6 years ago

holy cow... so many one line posts. What pinside really needs is a slack channel so you all can chat away without a gazillion posts

#1249 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I'm assuming some of the video assets are from the mobile game.

Everything I saw did not appear to be directly from the game. But the airplane sequences sure did look a lot like the flight simulator games the original LoTB developers made

The styling, especially of the playfield art, is from the LoTB comic/universe. The characters all seem to be.. but the actual video animation all looked different from the game.

What stood out to me was the 'mix' of styles.. some things looked hazy, some things looked very sharp. Some images (like the 'shoot the pharaoh' ) really need to not dominate the screen for such long periods

#1251 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

So it records the high score per song played, but the songs aren't modes... that's kind of weird.
Love the gong sound when you hit the center target.

The modes are songs... the song selection at the start is your soundtrack... not your mode. So both songs.. but not same thing.

#1369 6 years ago
Quoted from LewisD:

I’m surprised that no one has mentioned that Steve Ritchie is the male voice doing call outs. The Shao Kahn voice fits the theme.

...because when asked jack danger specifically said it was NOT ritchie

#1373 6 years ago

For all you feaking about no replay of the stream today... i think it had to do with jack's laptop... not stern.

The had setup a rig where they had direct video and audio from the game instead of camera pointed at the screen. They actually had the video routed to an external monitor instead of the cabinet monitor (you can see this in the video stern posted on FB with the design team).

This setup game jack's streaming rig some issues. And at the very end, when they cycled the game off, jacks computer software locked up and he had no controls. He may have lost some of his twitch options for the session including to archibe it when he terminated the hard way.

Besides... hes already talking about when he can stream it again. You might just miss out on the glass off tutorial KME gave.

Best reveal ever... screw all the whiners about the saturday announcement or whines about rolling stone

#1440 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

No - nothing to do With Jack - Stern don’t want it replayable. Even on a lock up Twitch’s ingest service would archive it as previously broadcasted and it’s been removed along with that Facebook video too.

The video I referred to is right on sterns Facebook page... still.

#1605 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Ordered an LE today.. since people are trying to figure out the shortname for this game.. I submit the following
\m/
\m/LE

I just say MAIDEN

#1647 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's funny, once Bruce became the singer I stopped listening to the band

Bruce’s debut was on number of the beast... in 1982. Weren’t you a child then?

#1648 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You are blind if you dont realize that the only reason Stern has opted to upgrade their sound system now is due to TNA

Except...
Remember that time stern offered upgraded audio for its premium and Le models over the base model because it was a music pin?

AC/DC remembers....

And the recent audio subsystem upgrade came with spike2... not maiden now.

#1883 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I guess I feel dumb asking this but who the heck is Archer? Seems like I’m the only one who doesn’t know.. Is Archer a TV show in Europe or something?

Edgy adult comic style show on FX - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archer_(TV_series)

#2001 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Looking at the newest Stern factory video and you can see "EGYPT PRO" on the edge of each playfield in the rack.
So does that mean that Egypt is the Stern codename?

yup (resized).jpgyup (resized).jpg

#2062 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

My thought is Keith already had the design perfected with his Archer Homebrew machine.

You should really listen to the c2c podcast interview with Keith. He discusses this at detail... including some of the 'cheats' he was able to do with a homebrew that had to be changed to make them into a real stern game (like shortening the PF).. and that's where some of the Gomez input came from.

#2095 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I share your lack of appreciation for the music.
Question for you though: do you think if we were to sub in the instrumental versions instead, it might actually be pretty awesome?

Instrumentals? Bruce has one of the best sounds.. even live.

Listen to tracks like Fear of the Dark for it's long choruses if you can't like this track.. boo to you

This is a good live set too

Or if you want the older sound of just fast metal (vs their epics)

#2096 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well it couldn't be worse for sure...but probably wont be much better. Obviously, I'm not a knowledgeable person with their music but luckily people have posted like 100,000 youtube links to their music and it seems very middle of the road metal.
It's not what I would call "hard," it's more musical than normal cock rock I guess, but is there a reason for it? What I've heard kinda sounds like a heavy metal Rush; Without all the top notch musical chops.
I guess my point is Dick's voice just sort of sounds like another guitar they probably don't need. I didn't like Metallica at all, and didn't like them after i owned the game...but they came from a harder place it seemed which is more relateable (sic) to some of the music I listen to.
Agian it's all new to me so we shall see.

This isn't metal enough for you?

#2110 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Right, THAT is. I haven't researched a ton of that stuff because it isn't in the Pin. That guys voice is good and that stuff sounds pretty cool for the genre. Just skimming through Powerslave & somehwere in time is where my current info is coming from. When the machine comes I'll be learning tons more.

The first two albums have Paul D singing. The first two albums have a lot more speed/garage feel. Maiden like many bands who have lasted decades have had 'phases' and change their sound at times. By the time you get to Seventh Son... they are doing alot more of their 'epics'. In the late nineties Bruce leaves, they bring in Blaze B. and frankly I don't know anyone who seeks that era out (bruce eventually came back). There are some great single tracks from that era, but largely the late nineties through early 2000s are the dead zone for Maiden.

Maiden is known for these winding epic songs tied to history and literature...

If you want that more almost ramones kind of stuff.. Tracks from the first album that have held up
Prowler

Running Free (headliner)
Santuary
Iron Maiden
Phantom of the Opera

Bruce came in in Number of the Beast.. but a good balance point between the early sound and the more refined song they moved to is on Piece of Mind

Tracks like
Where Eagles Dare
The Trooper
Die with your boots on

A good sample of the stereotypical Maiden sound is the back half of Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Enjoy the 1985 look too

#2171 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I’m not a Maiden fan, or hater, as I’ve really never listened to that genre of music. The thing I find interesting from reading this thread is the story behind the music and wonder how knowledge of the Maiden story help in understanding the game rules.
So...for those that know the band and have studied the inserts on the game does the story of the game follow an existing Maiden story? -TIA

There isn’t really a continuous maiden story ... more like frequently used topics. Many maiden songs have lyrics that keep to a story... verse just a song about a hamburger. They frequently use topics from wwii Britain, British military, or even some classic novel stuff.

What Keith mentioned is for the modes he tried to follow the song lyrics. But overall in the game it just seems to be about Eddie verse the beast and collecting your soul pieces. Simple protagonist setup. Eddie is just your hero who is always decorated up in character to the setting

#2453 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Seems like they show more interest in playing with their phones than actually paying attention to the gameplay

how else do you expect them to be on the twitch chat live?

#2550 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I don't think domestic Pro's are supposed to ship until late May (after the LE's) which would give you some time

first games are going out NOW - I know operators who have already gotten their notice

#2647 5 years ago

Played the pro today and this game is a winner.

The playfield shots are refreshing and the intersecting orbits are wickedly fun to play. The two post and transfer system feels like one of those innovations that just every game should have going forward... it just works so wonderfully and adds so much variety into the game.

The game has that 'hook'em' payoff that wants you to keep coming back and trying more.. trying those objectives and payoffs. I can't wait to see what the Premium/LE add in.

#2654 5 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Is there one on location in northern va?

It will be at carpool in fairfax soon!! Likely to be moved this weekend. Watch for a launch party announcement very soon!

#2655 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

I’m sorry but could you explain that? Not sure what you mean with “post and transfer system”. Thanks!

The game has two pop up posts that not only act as temporary holds for balls, they also act as diverters and can redirect a ball from one path to another. This combined with the ball paths means a ball can enter one orbit and change direction and exit another.

#2676 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Maybe someone who has played it can awnser. I sure hope it has some .

The main shot arrows are color changing on the pro. You can see this particularly when Elwin explains the jackpots in multiball and you can see them change based on their multiplier. They also change to match the mode, for combos, etc.

They start white to spell Eddie

#2716 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How’s the super skill shot for others? The one I played struggled to make it around the loop. Thinking this one may be a tad steep.

We couldn’t manual plunge up the orbit... but auto plunger did no problem

#2724 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

So, a question for you guys that have played it already. How difficult did you find hitting the left ramp through the pops?

Difficult, but not erroneously so. Feels good to loop the ramps.. like Metallica in that regard.

#2725 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

That's ok I'll do I again and hopefully better. One thing I did notice last night I'm sure code is going to fix it but it was weird Everytime i started fear of the dark and hallowed be the name mode the LCD would go black and only showed scores it did not show the animations.

That is due to the earlier code on the game.

#2816 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I heard my IMDN is in the tourney area at MGC. Probably some pretty high scores being posted this weekend on it. Flip away!

So how did this dea work out?

Do you normally buy from Marco? Were you offered some deal because of this?

Just curious how this launch and “pre paid” games deal happened. People,buy the show games all the time, but this is the first time I’ve heard of this opening of pre paid games in bulk like this... from Marco of all people (who I didn’t realize so many ppl used as a distro?)

Thx!

#2905 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Icarus part is maybe assets ripped from the mobile game...

Nope

#2906 5 years ago

I think AS A GAME it will surpass MET. Some people may still get thrown by the band vs band.. but the game has a lot to offer.

More variety in shots.. more variety in objectives... huge differentiators in scoring for playing great vs just playing.. and it doesn't abuse you like ghostbusters.

MET is faster but Maiden is more varied. Many may actually find Maiden gentle on draining.. and 'easy'. But the difference will be in scoring... You can't get big score by just surviving on Maiden, you gotta do the right things and you will be rewarded.

#2926 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't see this happening, just my opinion, as Metallica offers a far better world under glass experience then Iron Maiden. Metallica has the large Sparky toy, the mechanical hammer with ball lock, the snake, and the moving cross.
I don't see any moving toys in Iron Maiden that represent that themes world. The game has a lot of shots but so does No Fear. I may change my tune after playing a premium.

What met has in toys (which you are comparing the premium to a pro btw...) maiden has in shots and code variety. Maiden you can’t just stare at the lower flippers like you can in a pure fan layout like met.

#3056 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

For people that have played it, how is that left ramp shot? Is it a nightmare if you brick it? Do the shots feel good. For some reason those pops in the front are reminding me of a stern title I hated (xmen) with those placed up front.
Man it feels like Christmas Eve as a kid waiting for the premium/le reveal. I expect the LE art is goong to be one of the best looking ever, well at least to those of us that grew up with maiden and love Eddie.

Think Road Show... readily doable, but of course off the mark = miss. The game doesn't give you SDTM drains off missed ramps either.

#3403 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Sorry, I don't live on Pinside to know what is fake/known/etc

The top of the thread has a photo gallery link... *hint*

#3405 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I rated it very fairly and to be honest, nayone rating a few categories high for IRMN deserves to read the descriptions and start over...
'TOYS AND GIMMICKS
Then think of the gimmicks. Every good game should have at least one 'cool feature' that makes you want to play it!'
No toys in the Pro model at all...
Not sure how anyone can give this a 6 stars for this category without a single toy in the game, just sayin...

If you mean 'toys and gimmicks' as figures or plastic buildings. Sure. If you mean 'toys and gimmicks' in how the game and ball interact... we have a jump ramp, the bullseye target, and ball tricks with post diverters.

I know for sure the last thing I was thinking after playing the game was "where are the toys...". The game feels so much more loaded than most recent games, because there is MORE REASON TO SHOOT THINGS.

#3426 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yup. Has any reveal ever happened this early in the day? I don't think so. Does everyone always think it's going to happen this early? Every time.

Because you're wrong.

Going back to Star Wars, every game since - the reveal posts on Stern's FB page are always in the late morning to middle afternoon. About 10am-3pm eastern time.

#3429 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Gameplay video?
Is this how iron Maiden was done? Hmm... Kinda think I Remeber everyone sitting around d all day to watch it in the middle of a stream?

Title was revealed for Maiden on the weekend, actual game reveal was just before Noon on March 27.... which was tied to the rollingstone article. Like most of the recent launches have been, the reveal is paired up with media partners. Most Stern-only updates like code release posts etc also happen during the day.

Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 4.13.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-24 at 4.13.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 4.16.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-24 at 4.16.32 PM.png

#3725 5 years ago

The armor looks killer... the cabinet and backglass look inferior to the original riggs works.

They seem to lack the tidy focus the original album art usually has. The tailgunner side art looks like a gag... vs badass like the aces high art does

#3766 5 years ago

The playfield photos are SOOO much more interesting than the cabinet. The LE cabinet is a meh... the extra playfield features are sick!!

#3784 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

And what are they?

Refer to the matrix..

But the orb ball looks very cool... the whole mummy/sarcofagus/etc I'm still trying to make sense of. The Cyborg eddie figure looks killer.

Balls going behind the backboard

#3789 5 years ago

The plane that we saw on the banner is same here and still looks just as funky. All these other spitfire images avoid this disjointed wing/fusaluge look... but maiden didn't :/
maiden-spit (resized).pngmaiden-spit (resized).png

spitfire (resized).jpgspitfire (resized).jpgspit2 (resized).jpgspit2 (resized).jpgspit4 (resized).jpgspit4 (resized).jpgspit3 (resized).jpgspit3 (resized).jpgspit5 (resized).jpgspit5 (resized).jpg

#3800 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

I think the LE back glass looks pretty badass. And the sidearm plane looks cool to me. The red trim isn't totally my jam, but honestly I'm much more excited about what's beneath the glass than around it.

Feels kind of cartoony... the lesser characters drawn are a bit of a let down IMO. They look better in the digital game. Here they have like a mummy eddie driving the tank.. the general character like falling off... and weird Eddie-fett characters flying around..

wierd (resized).pngwierd (resized).png

#3805 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

Wasn't the back pyramid panel supposed to be more "3D" and somewhat different from the Pro version? Obviously hard to tell from these pictures, but it looks the same to me.

There is more there.. you just can't see it easily. There is a statue figure on the left that is separate and moves up.

#3847 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

OMG a Stern release is a mess...whom saw that coming?
This hasn't happened since...I mean other than yesterday...the original Iron Maiden reveal

This looks like an intentional way to sidestep the requirements. Stern knows they are going to be shipping games.. they know customers want to see it, but they can't. But they can share with their distributors... that stern KNOWS will share with the customers. It's a leak they know will get out... but their hands will be clean.

#3923 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Zombie Yeti supposedly said these lo res web images are way over saturated. So maybe not as overly colorful as people fear.

The images people have are not low res - they are 3159 × 4906 shot with a Nikon D800

#3960 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Looks like magnet to me. When activated the ball stops short of the standup target and then see the temptress hovering on the plastic above and stopping the ball with her spell.

No, it looks like a fixed ball that acts like a target switch itself. It's an orb... get it

It's not just a magnet because the ball is there in that same position in all the photos.

#3987 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'd be COMPLETELY happy with a Pro vs. an LE on this one.
What happened to the 3D stuff we were told about? Layers of 2D art screwed on top of each other are "technically" 3D, but we're grasping at straws here.
I mean, let's create art and put 4 screws into it, then some plastic to block it, then call it a feature?

Dude - you are way off on that critique. The launcher there is a flat plastic with a ball deflector on it. The 3D stuff you are talking about is on the backboard... and it's there and MOVES.

#4032 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Huh...im talking about the left ramp as it raised on archer i believe.

Yes, but not here. Lots of changes from archer, even if the geometry is largely the same. No scoop - we have the orb newton ball instead. No orbit behind the left ramp.. etc

Here is the ball path at the top of the left ramp open and closed

IM-LE-Detail-03a-small (resized).jpgIM-LE-Detail-03a-small (resized).jpg
IM-LE-Detail-04a-small (resized).jpgIM-LE-Detail-04a-small (resized).jpg

It seems like the ball goes from there, down to the short bridge that leads to either the sarcophagus mech when it's 'open' and tilted up, or would roll on top of it, hit the plastic divertor and goto the mini flipper when the sarcophagus is closed/lowered.

IM-LE-Detail-05a-small (resized).jpgIM-LE-Detail-05a-small (resized).jpg

#4035 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Talking aesthetics. Hardly visual amazement. But I was never a huge fan of stacked Shrinky Dinks anyway.

Point is.. you weren't even looking at what the topic was.

#4037 5 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Ok, so I assume when the center ramp lifts up, you shoot it into a scoop that holds it and shoots it back at you?

Or... it just goes into the orbit area... where the posts can control what to do with it. Dunno what it does yet. Maybe a saucer...

#4043 5 years ago

pfft... compared to other recent stern games the fact people are bringing this up is so petty.

Uhhh... GOT "castle" and Door anyone? please...

#4259 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Does anyone know where this Premium/LE exclusive feature is / what it's used for?
"Interactive "RGBeacon": chase light beacon featuring 12 color-changing RGB LEDs"

There is a blue flasher dome in the top right corner.. behind cyborg eddie.

#4284 5 years ago
Quoted from Kodiakdawg:

Just seems odd to combine Aces High Eddie w Tailgunner Eddie - No Prayer for the dying is a pretty weak album to draw such prominent art on the side of the LE- so many other better options/themes

The whole thing is some pesudo-mashup. The cockpit view on the side being so close to the Ace's High cover... yet so OFF is what throws me the most. (instead of the squared window base its supposed to have)

I guess I should open my comics and see if this combo exists in there...

#4339 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Anyone have the bug where the song select rotation thing at the beginning of a ball gets stuck and it's on during gameplay, with each flipper press affecting the rotation, but you're never able to select the song and get it off the screen?

pretty sure elwin has said there was a bug related to tilting with that? on tiltforums he's been very responsive to bug reports.

#4811 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I heard him say LE's are already shipping but haven't heard a peep about Premiums

Because premiums won't be done for awhile. They will likely go back to Pros after finishing the LEs and build a good size batch.. THEN build premiums.

#4873 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

The sarcophagus has three positions. When it’s in it’s lowest position (pointing down) it dumps the ball into the subway and the center ramp lifts up and ejects it onto the playfield.

No, it just ejects out the back to the orbit - see it here

Edit: Sorry, it does both!

#5367 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

MAP = Minimum ADVERTISED Price
The distributors can sell it for anything they want, higher or lower than the MAP
Stern can't control what a distributor actually sells it for, because that would violate federal price fixing laws.

Tell that to apple

#5527 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It was mentioned in this thread somewhere and also some playfields were messed up?

I think you see some people making mountains of molehills and then the same stories get parroted over and over..

1 week later
#6176 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

This is the captive ball for the sarcophagus lock.
It registers sometimes, sometimes not. The design is pretty terrible, in my opinion. The plastic is super thin - doesn't feel like a commercial part at all.
It literally rocks back and forth in this plastic "cup" like plastic piece. Not sure who designed it but they should rethink this thing.

Have you seriously never looked at a pop bumper before? The plastic spoon has been in use for DECADES

#6181 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Is this an angry bird Iron Maiden .

You might want to google 'horus'

But ironically, there is an angry birds cross-over set of characters in Legacy of the Beast game

#6378 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yep happened to me, when I posted about it earlier in the thread I got a lot of down votes so be careful around here, some sensitive Pinsiders hahah

No, your posts got downvoted because instead of getting informed, you jumped to calling the design flawed and 'cheese' on day 1.

What you had were switch adjustment, setup issues, but you were eager to assume the thing was fundamentally flawed.

#6387 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Thanks for exaggerating and blowing my comments completely out of context. I wouldn't expect anything less from you though. What I was is disappointed about was that the game was not properly inspected and tested before shipped- you know, things you'd expect when paying $9,000 hard earned dollars for a machine meant for commercial use. How that qualifies as "fundamentally flawed" - in your words - NOT MINE - is laughable. Move on.

This is your assessment of the pop bumper spoon design.. the proven design that has been in use for over 50 years.

Quoted from kpg:

Overall it's a bad design. I can't see how it can be consistent over time.

Quoted from kpg:

The design is pretty terrible, in my opinion. The plastic is super thin - doesn't feel like a commercial part at all.

It literally rocks back and forth in this plastic "cup" like plastic piece. Not sure who designed it but they should rethink this thing.

And then your comments about the lock

Quoted from kpg:

Further inspection and seeing how this new captive ball design is pretty cheese. I'll take a pic, but I just don't see this holding up long term.

And you have the nerve say I'm exaggerating??

I get you were bothered about the OOB experience with the game, and yes, it seems like the early Maiden LEs have had more issues than just the pros built right before. But instead of just dealing with setup issues, you took the leap to ASSuming these were flaws that would doom the parts.

And to call me the exaggerator??? Your lack of self-awareness is amaze-balls.

#6388 5 years ago

So loose screws? HOLY SHIT - STOP PRODUCTION!!!

#6391 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But this design changes it substantially from the way it works with pop bumpers. A thick, non-pointed metal rod that takes up most of the spoon area is a lot different than a pointed plastic rod that takes up a small area of the spoon like with pop bumpers.

Yet his concern was with the plastic spoon itself... because he's never seen one before. Which is because he really doesn't know much about the guts of games.
But is quick to judge those who actually do.. and post online about it no less. Instead of taking in info, understanding, observing... it's lets go online and slam people (and then deny it when called out no less..).

Sorry the guy had some switch adjustments needed... or had weak QA on a game. OOB experience is something every company is striving for, and sometimes they miss. The difference is how people react to the problem and solutions.

#6565 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Well, my motorized underworld ramp flap took a dump now.
It sticks up and won't go down.
Inspected the mech and it seems the arm in the coil that pops it up is getting stuck at the very tail end of the arm that's extended out - and gets hung up and won't go down on it's own.
Tried messing with it and I can't figure it out. Looking at how the mech is designed, once again- im baffled at the design. I'll talk to Chaz next week but the machine is down.
I know this is all part of pinball and I'm able to resolve most of these issues myself, but I've had to fix and tweak more things in 4 days with this machine than any other NIB machine I've purchased.
Great game when it works though lol
Anyone else have a similar issue yet?

Looking at the manual it looks pretty straight forward... simple plunger to pivoting bracket, but it uses a relay to hold it up. I'd start by checking the latching of that relay and make sure when it releases the plunger moves down freely. Maybe take the ramp surface off (3 screws) to expose the bracket.. and make sure where the plunger is attached to the bracket it hasn't lost the fastener. Same thing on the coil bracket, make sure it's snug and isn't flopping around. Being out of square can lead to binding. Maybe something is just loose. I can't tell clearly from the manual how the latch is achieved.. and I'm not near the LE today.

Look at page 51 in the manual for a exploded view of the mech.

2 weeks later
#6899 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

How old? My original run Met pro smoothed out after dimpling and my original acdc premiumseems to be doing the same thing. Now you have me concerned about my iron maiden that is on the way. How big are these craters?

GET A ROOM!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 49.99
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.