20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (6 years ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (6 years ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (6 years ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (6 years ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (6 years ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (6 years ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#425 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

All I can find is this?
» YouTube video
Is this everything? This can't be it.

Haha. That’s it. Exciting!!!!!!!!! So awesome.

#1111 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

As someone who has 4 pins packed together pretty tightly due to lack of space (can't really walk between them), what have others done about the placement?

On the head underneath the right speaker.

Put a remote switch on your games. I turn all mine on and off at once.

#1126 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

When is the last time we saw a Stern game with four flippers on the main playfield?

Monopoly

#1136 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Does that have four legitimate flippers, or is one them that one that spins?

Yo asked for four flippers you got it!

#1138 6 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Guardians Pro has a scoop on the right, Star Wars has the half-scoop...can't think of any games without a single VUK right now.

GOT

#1144 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I wouldn't really call a saucer that dribbles a ball back out a VUK. And I wouldn't consider a scoop a VUK either. Stuff like the elvira kicker to the ramp is a VUK, or the terminator 2 kicker to the wireform to load the gun.

Right. LW3 has three saucers and one VUK

#1295 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

How is the music integrated in this pin?

Like MET

#1297 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

More like ACDC I according to Elwin's C2C interview.

That didn’t appear to be the case on the stream.

#1299 6 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Is there an archive for the stream? When I go to https://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip, it's just a black screen.
Sorry, I'm not a Twitchey

No archive. I think stern asked him not to archive it.

#1309 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

World Poker Tour in 2006 has 4 (2 full size 2 half). GOT premium has 4 full size.

The original question asked about on the same playfield.

#1311 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Aces high youre in WW2 in the cockpit and fighting airplanes and you use the bullseye target, or Fear of the dark where GI turns off and you shoot spinners.

You just described one of the modes. This is not selectable at the start of the game. You earn modes. The songs are selected at the start of the game and work like MET. They just play.

#1315 6 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

Sorry, maybe a dumb question. I missed the live feed. Is there a link to watch a replay.

Apparently no. As mentioned before, it appears stern didnt want jack saving it and posting it for unknown reasons.

#1322 6 years ago
Quoted from fantarama:

Among the rules, there's a particular one that you collect hits to different features (pops, ramps, spinners, etc) and once you reach a minimum for each one a mode (a multiball if I recall correctly) starts.

No multiball i don’t think. They are jackpot awards. Hit those various areas enough (pops, targets, ramps, spinners) and light the power something jackpot on the bottom left of the playfield. Either can cash it in or stack other power jackpots on top, then cash multiple jackpots at once.

#1325 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yes, but the background song changes when you activate that mode/song. So its safe to say its a combination of ACDC and Metallica. Metallica you select the song but has not bearing on gameplay at all. ACDC you select the song and that is the gameplay. IMDN you slect the song, but then activate another song that starts the mode and changes the song.
Best of both worlds.

Or like MET when you start crank it up.

#1328 6 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I caught some of the stream about 45 minutes before they finished or so. I sure would have liked to seen some earlier stuff.
Gary Stern actually played some.

And Elwin described a ton about the game. It was awesome. Gave you a real sense of the rules. A really quick awesome tutorial. The rules on this are killer already.

The backboard bullseye is cool as hell. The little nuances to different shots in the game (depending on the situation, shooting the left orbit without holding the left upper flipper up to help scores more points- amazing) lots of stuff like that all over the rules.

#1337 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

On the stream how did you activate the song modes?

Not sure what qualifies them, but they start by hitting the bullseye target up the center ramp.

#1341 6 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Can you use pinball browser on Spike?

Oh yeah. You haven’t seen what cleland did on GOTG? It’s amazing.

#1357 6 years ago
Quoted from deibert:

Can you summarize for those of us who missed this part of the stream?

Pick a song at game start like MET

To start a mode, hit the white shots then center ramp to start. The modes are based on songs and are very different from one another. At least one is a multiball

There are power modes that involve switch hits to various areas (ramps, pops, spinners, etc). They area risk reward feature that lights a jackpot shot that you can collect or press your luck and go for more switch hits to build up the value and collect later.

One multiball lights via drop targets. Shot orbits to lock balls. In multiball shot flashing shots for jacks, shoot tiny tight shot by upper flipper for super jacks

Other mode is mummy at the captive balls. Spell mummy starts a multiball. Not sure how this one works.

Posts are in the loops to divert the ball at various times to feed one upper flipper or the other.

Spinner down by the flippers on the left lights both out lanes for ball saves. Can use each of them. If one is used, only that one goes out (unlike GOT LOL where they both go out)

Cool feature of the game is the center jump ramp (think LOTR). It’s a bullseye with three sections. For example, during multiball hitting the center is 3x jack, outside is single jack.

All or none of this may be accurate. Haha

#1453 6 years ago

I bet vector is higher up the list than people think.

I count 23-25 in that game.

#1457 6 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Call me nuts ,but as packed as the Pro is, the LE should be a widebody.

Game goes back not out. Pretty creative if you ask me. The backend of that playfield is gonna be heavy as hell. Haha

#1480 6 years ago

If I don’t know EXACTLY how many coils are in the Hobbit soon, I’m gonna lose it.

#1492 6 years ago

Licensing prevented the stream from being archived. Per Zach on head to head. In case anyone cares. He said hopefully saved videos of it will be approved soon.

#1518 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

That would be Metallica Master of Puppets.

All GBs we’re gone before reveal I thought?

#1523 6 years ago

How are you able to tell if all LEs are gone without calling every distributor?

#1565 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

So you're saying there still is one left!

That’s my point. There’s always at least one left. That’s why I doubt any LEs sold before reveal unless you call all them being with distributors sold out.

#1853 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I'd love for any of the people hating on Bruce, saying he can't sing, listen to this song and still say that:
» YouTube video
If you do, you really have no idea what a good singer sounds like.

For me, guys like Freddie Mercury and David Byrne blow this dude out of the water.

#1922 6 years ago
Quoted from BooDog:

This forum is reminding me of when the WWE Wrestlemania pinball was released. A majority of the thread was about how they hated the license without giving the pinball a chance. Wrestlemania deserved the hatred. Play it before you hate it.

I haven’t heard a single person hate on this game. Only people that do not like the band’s music. I’ll be shocked if this game isn’t a pimping good time.

#1929 6 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

ngs on the list have instrumental kickass versions. With pinball browser and switching a 4 min 20 sec song for the same song without lyrics should be a walk in the park.

This is great news. Thanks for the heads up.

#1989 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

That wasn't the question, Keith.

Heard that too. I would’ve had the same response. Just politely saying the music isn’t for him but is great for pinball.

That’s how every music pin has been for me with stern (Aerosmith is closest to my wheelhouse). But one thing for sure is these types of music work with pinball.

#2107 6 years ago

If Iron Maiden is Heavy Metal music, then what is this? Whenever i hear someone mention heavy metal, this is the crap I imagine and I have no idea why. Haha

I see a band like maiden as more like 80s rock, but I don’t claim to be a music genre expert.

Although I really don’t care for their vocals, I can totally see maidens music growing on me like AC/DC did.

#2113 6 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Metal is a huge genre with many sub genres. Maiden falls into the traditional metal/new wave of brittish heavy metal styles. They have made a huge impact on hard rock in general.

Cool cool. Yeah they definitely have skills for sure, and the music is great, even if I’m not a fan of their vocals.

What’s Rush then genre wise?

And when someone above said Zepp was metal, I felt really confused. Haha

#2191 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

you pay for it, you can do whatever you want!

This might be my first dabble into pinball browser. I’m thinking weird AL. He’s awesome.

#2248 6 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/henningdanni.lescher/videos/10215286616456180/
Number of successful left-ramp shots in this clip:
Zero?
Did *you* see any?
I saw none.
I'm starting to worry.

Play better!!

#2358 6 years ago

I just hope people don’t record this and post it publicly. Could get them and Stern in trouble.

#2456 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Coin door volume control 110% going in on mine...

Followed by your speakers going out. Haha

#2496 6 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

But, who the hell thinks its okay to release a game with unfinished code.

Every single pinball manufacturer.

#2711 6 years ago

How’s the super skill shot for others? The one I played struggled to make it around the loop. Thinking this one may be a tad steep.

#2715 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

How were the auto plunges for trooper mb, did they feed the upper flipper ok?

Perfectly. We’re thinking red spring to the rescue, just seemed weird the manual plunge struggled.

Quoted from Frippertron:

So, a question for you guys that have played it already. How difficult did you find hitting the left ramp through the pops?

Way easier than the right ramp.

#2738 6 years ago

Yep. Just a big ole physical switch spot target back there. Pretty cool. I wonder how long the orb flasher will last and also the plastic around the Pharaoh target will last though. The orb flasher makes for a cool effect, but is upside down under a hood above a spot target close to the flippers. Can see air balls busting that pretty quick. Time will tell.

#2773 6 years ago

You're starting to worry me.
Is this image going to be any part of the backglass/cabinet art?

Powerslave is the rumor I heard. Not sure what that means though. Haha

#2936 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The feature matrix on the premium lists a feature as "motorized sarcophagus ball lock mechanism". Could this be the stationary shot on the pros backboard but on the premium it will somehow hold / grab the ball to lock it?
The shot on the backboard seems like it's designed to be an interactive feature at least on premium / LE games. The feature matrix also mentions a motorized secret tomb entrance for the premium / LE, maybe that's it.

The bullseye is a bullseye on both. Center ramp lifts up to lock balls and the left ramp diverts to put the balls in the back somewhere too.

I don’t think there’s any difference in the bullseye. Wouldn’t make sense for that to be a magnet.

#3081 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Anyone poo-pooing this game because they think the music sucks is going to miss out big time and mostly for naught.

If there are people flat out not playing this game because they dislike the music, that’s a special kind of stupid if you ask me.

#3090 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

For the people that have played IMPro's how does it compare to GOTG? Just curious for your opinions...

It blows GOTG out of the water in every aspect.

#3258 5 years ago

Played some more yesterday and was able to get through more of the game. Absolutely love it.

No idea if this helped or hurt me, but I was all about starting multiball, then letting the balls drain so I could get the autofire to feed the upper loop and seeing how many loops I could get going during the ball save of multiball.

Would be cool to see how many balls you could get going around the loop at once. Haha

#3260 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Wait were you trying to Baratheon this thing up haha

You know it!!

#3273 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Source? Not insinuating an untruth, but confirmation would make a lot of pinsiders happy!

Just trust him.

Quoted from wyopin:

I’m not a big fan of all of the display/animations, but I love the aces high and hallowed be thy name ones. I also really like how they always display how many more pops, ramps, spinners, targets, and orbits you need...that’s so handy.

I love the ancient mariner mode’s animations too.

#3506 5 years ago
Quoted from Flex_in_Aus:

oh, and what is a 'WOOLY'?!

Best game ever made duh.

#3538 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I think we can for the most part all agree that MET is a fantastic game and that the majority of players are really going to like it. Seems the same is going to be true for IM as well. As for Whysnow's reviews, yes they are completely biased, but we all are a little biased no matter how unbiased we try to be. It's not any different then the B/W guys that rate every new game as terrible or the stern guys that hate on JJP or the JJP guys that say every stern is built out of saw dust and the smallest amount of glue possible. It always amazes me just how negative pinside can be.

It blows my mind that people actually take time out of their day to defend those outrageously obvious biases too. Sure be bias, but to come around and beat this drum of stupidity over and over again is so weird and trollish.

Cannot wait for some LE action today!

#3541 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

WFT are you talking about? My point is that there are hundreds of accounts with idiotic nonsense reviews. Half of pinside believes whatever game they own at that moment is a 10 based on their reviews. His are no different.

Agreed. But he’s the only one that actually jumps into threads and tries to defend them as actual reviews. They aren’t. They are troll reviews. It’s fine if people are making those reviews, the ranking don’t matter. Just annoying when those people jump into threads that have nothing to do with those reviews and they try and defend them. Just make your crappy reviews and let that be it. (I’m not talking about you in anyway btw, I’m talking about Hilton)

#3545 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Whens the LE due to be revealed?

This morning apparently. Or last night for you. Not sure on the time change. Haha

#3548 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I agree, but to be fair someone called out his review and posted a screen shot of it trying to stir the pot just so they could watch this happen.

Oh that’s my bad then. I have lots of people on ignore and had to deduce what the hell was happening from the responders to those posts.

Sorry again.

#3550 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Yeah its 1045pm here... So I guess sometime in the next 5 hours maybe?

Sounds like it yeah.

#3588 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

What was their last release where the PF art was different?

GOT

#3591 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Hmmm this must have been pre-production then?

Those are the pro and LE. Premium playfield was different.

#3598 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Was the different Premium playfield art reaction to the Pro and LE playfield art or was that Stern's plan all along?

plan all along I think. I think maybe the change from the gradient to chain mail for the LE shield was a last minute change though.

#4184 5 years ago

Yeah if there are silver screws and nuts on the premium, I’m gonna lose it.

#4197 5 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

That is why you own an airbrush.

I do? Mind showing me where it is?

#4496 5 years ago
Quoted from xian222:

Anyone had a negative experience buying a machine from CoinTaker? I paid the balance in full for a Pro the first week of April. My issue is not that I don't have my Pro yet but that I seem to be getting the run around on when approximately I will get it. Getting a queazy feeling at this point with what I'm being told. Thanks.

Depending on the timing of when you order, when they have stock, when stern can get them more stock, etc. could be months before you get your game.

If it seems they are giving you the run around, it’s cause stern is giving them the run around.

#4734 5 years ago

I can’t wait either. I think the added features are going to be awesome.

Worth the added price? Hell no. Not for me. I’d rather get another game than go from pro to premium on pretty much any game.

But I can’t wait to see this, and better yet, play it.

#4786 5 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Wasn't the stream supposed to start at 4:00 Central?

Delayed a bit.

#4879 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Pro tip: if you go somewhere with Gryszzz make sure he turns his lights off when he parks!

Pro-er tip: don’t play four player games by yourself at a pinball show that Gryszzz is attending.

#4924 5 years ago

Finally getting around to watching the LE stream.

Gameplay on the premium LE will be way better for me. Love the use of all the added features. The mummy lock might need some tweaking, but what premium or LE doesn’t need tweaking?

Loving what I see. Can’t wait to play one!

2 weeks later
#6643 5 years ago

Hey everyone! I’m streaming the LE tomorrow night at 8 pm eastern. If there are any closeups or parts of the game you want shown off, let me know or come by to hangout and let us know in chat. I will have it setup to take breaks and show off different parts of the game if people want.

www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball

Scott from pinstadium has donated a full set to a lucky viewer. If my eyes don’t pop out of my head from the dangerous UV lights (joking it’s only simulated UV) I’ll pick a random viewer to take them home! Don’t forget to watch and chat to have a chance to win!

1 week later
#6855 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Uh, no. If you can collect The Trooper within the first 45 seconds of a game with a measly 25MM points, it sure as hell is an exploit. That’s the point. Good for you on your points though!
Sure settings can be changed, but who does that esp. on location.

The Trooper super is no easy feat. Pretty sure every time I’ve collected it it has been complete luck ( a la gem shot). So just because the trooper card can be collected fairly quickly, the game is broken? I like that it gives me false hope. Haha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.