20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (6 years ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (6 years ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (6 years ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (6 years ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (6 years ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (6 years ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2585 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Damn Stern is not playing around, I would say the Irons have been upped!

Yep, I’m impressed and considering jumping on this train myself. Waiting to see the premium.

#2600 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

So what is the official acronym for Iron Maiden. IM is already Iron Man........ Maybe IRMA or IMA

We were talking about this, we were considering Stern Iron Maiden - SIM.

#2610 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I honestly like IMDN. It writes like it sounds

I like IMDN better too. Thanks.

#2619 6 years ago

Do we know the shipped pricing for the premium? Really looking forward to seeing the premium artwork.

Also, hopefully the premium sells really well so whatever the extra features are get fully coded. Do both the pro and premium have full RGB lighting?

#2623 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

and no full rgb at least it doesnt say so on feature matrix, says red general illumination.

Ah, that’s a bummer. Aerosmith pro has full RGB lighting but IMDN premium may not have it. Still, the red general illumination will look great.

#2894 6 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Just wait for the premium. It will be worth the wait.

This is where I’m at. I have the green light on this title and am ready to order now, but I want to see the premium artwork and some game play to make sure the extra $1,600 is really worth it.

#3031 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

- I won't go into how much a game only 3 days [in the field] is looking like an acne ridden teenager, but the correcting the 2 issues above could go a long way to alleviating or reducing this issue

That is a bit depressing to hear...I'm jumping in on this game and hoped they had found a way to reduce the dimpling since the last NIB Stern I bought...guess not.

#3189 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not true. Im not saying they are great but they're not crap either.

Sometimes they are. I’ve bought eight NIB Sterns over the years. Usually their balls are fine, but you occasionally get what look like test balls in your new Stern machine with dents or rust (happened to me twice). It’s not the end of the world, just replace them.

Man, I am going crazy wanting to see the premium IMDN. I am ready to order a pro...but really want to see the premium first. The premium ships in late May right?

#4020 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Easy, give up your order and buy a premium

Do we know the airplane is not on the premium as well though? Any guess on when we see the premium? Thanks.

#4161 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Another pinsider with ridiculous ratings. They should have a system to approve competent ratings. 1 out of 10 with a machine receiving huge praise sounds more like an ax to grind to me

Not identifying exactly how any rating approval system works is best; we of course do have protections in place for raters that we feel protects the integrity of the system as much as reasonably possible.

#4569 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

No premie yet?

Nope, nothing yet. I’m wondering what the delay could be for as the LEs are sold out so Stern need not fear the premium causing LEs to sit. Also, I hear the premiums won’t be shipping till June...which is a bummer.

#4573 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Come on Tiger, join me in the pit.
Deposit sent

Oh, I am in for sure bro, just not sure if it’s a premium or pro for me.

#4581 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

WHY couldn't the LE been the stained glass like on their website.

What an incredible backglass that would be. Would have to work on how best to light it up. I wonder how much it would cost to make a stain glass Pinball backglass. Probably about $400 is my guess.

#4723 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just dont find them to be a huge deal. Shit, give me a spinner any day over a magnet

Depends how they are implemented, magnets are usually cooler than a spinner. Think myst on BSD or the magnet array on TAF...spinners can’t reallt touch those games’ magnet action. That said, not all magnets are created equal, some are not implemented well.

#4998 5 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

Man, I remember people being all excited the first time we saw over 100 Pinsiders online

Crazy isn’t it? I remember when a post would be made and it would stay on the front page for three months!!!!!!!! My times have changed.

I wish Stern would show the darn Premium artwork...they are making this process of figuring out what I’m buying rather challenging. Too much unknown. Maybe the premium artwork is so freaking awesome they just don’t want to release because they are worried it would hurt the LE sales...seems unlikely but I’m beginning to wonder.

#5228 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'll take this as an acceptable premium translite. Thanks

That would be incredible artwork.

#5368 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

9k US and you get cheap filler wood instead of plywood? Seriously? I guess I was out of the loop. Is this one reason why my AS feels way lighter than say my Sopranos? Why Stern why? It's 9k US!

People keep saying it’s the Spyke system resulting in the game feeling lighter, but I’m 100% convinced they are using lighter less dense wood. It’s a bummer at these price points for sure but I’m going to look past it for this title.

#5372 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Could be wrong, I believe newest spikes don’t have traditional transformers in cab.
Either way, theses things are more frequently popping open like piñatas.

What can we do to help toughen up the cabinet? Has anyone posted a guide for installing better support brackets for the cab?

#5418 5 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Red GI lighting had been taken out of the game, I guess because it looks like crap

Stern had taken it out? Those red lights aren’t there at all or just are not coded for?

Sorry to hear the sarcophagus lock wasn’t working either, I’m sure it just needs some tweaking.

#5426 5 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

The machine operator changed out the red GI bulbs.

Is the general consensus here that the red GI looks bad or was that just that one operator’s opinion? Perhaps it isn’t fully coded yet.

Quoted from vid1900:

It looks like the JJP cab is not plywood, it's Medium Density Fiberboard
It appears to have brad nails in it.
It appears to have a lap joint rather than a locking corner joint.

Always insightful. Thanks vid!

#5498 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Agreed, 2 bad cabinets does not equal ALL IMDN cabinets are having problems and falling apart

While that is certainly true, a couple bad cabinets should make us ask some questions. These items are expensive. We need to know what to do to help prevent what happened on those two games from happening on our games.

If Stern is aware of what caused the problem on those two games and has addressed it themselves that’s all well and good, but I’ve not seen an indication such is the case.

#5523 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

One report (of 2 side by side machines from Allentown), and you're suggesting that Stern owes us an explanation?
Wrong. They owe 2 potential buyers replacement cabinets is all.
I think we owe it to each other to keep an eye out and report cabinet issues. I also think we owe it to each other to keep things in perspective and not blow things out of proportion.

I don’t believe I said they owe us an explanation... If they start making better support at the legs (such as using these higher grade brackets), id like to see it from some photos of the newer built games (that would be an indication in my eyes they are dealing with it...and would come from new owners taking pictures to help the rest of us).

Stern doing some announcement over the cabinet is something we all know would never happen.

Anyway, here’s hoping we get the premium pics this week so I can make a decision on premium or pro and get my order in.

#5592 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Once you factor in the leg plate thickness 1/2" screws don't have a lot left to dig into the wood (maybe 3/8"?). I definitely recommend the 3/4" wood screws, which would have 5/8" or so left after going through the thick leg plate. On the middle two plate holes, you could actually go a bit longer, if you wanted

Any chance these screws go through the cab and mess up the decals? Or impacts the grounding?

#5732 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Pulled this over from one of the other IMDN threads (thanks Taylor), something to think about... will installing the brackets void the warranty? Sounds like Stern would rather just warranty the Cab.

So the LEs and Premiums will not have the brackets installed by Stern (unlike Star Wars Le/Prem that had them)?

#5949 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

plus throwing a WWE LE into that comparison screws up all the results, since, what, 40% of those are still unsold?

I’m surprised we haven’t seen any blow out sales offered on WWE LE. They would sell out at $4,500 NIB fast.

Does any one know if the Stern factory is making games on weekends? Are they a 7 day a week operation or a 5 day a week operation? Thanks.

#6500 5 years ago

Alright, well, I have been really torn on this primarily since I haven't seen any of these games in person (I'm hoping the light show and extra features are worth the extra money) and some of the QC stuff has me nervous...but I've officially ordered a premium.

I sure wish the premium would ship with lollipop rails, but I guess I can add those easily enough, just worry about messing up the decals putting those on.

#6614 5 years ago

Can you set the game up to allow for lock stealing in the software for the LE/Prem? Thanks in advance.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday?tu=TigerLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.