20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (6 years ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (6 years ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (6 years ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (6 years ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (6 years ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (6 years ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rob_G.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1204 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

.95 or 1.0 code are just made up numbers guys.
I like the voices just fine...looks like fun!

It appears 1.0 is considered a done game now. The numbers are not arbitrary any more. That doesn't mean bugs won't be fixed, but I wouldn't expect feature changes after 1.0 hits.

Rob

#1210 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I have still yet to hear anyone at Stern say this...do you have a source?

I think with BM66, SW and GOTG and now IM it's pretty clear where the goal is for a feature complete code release.

Rob

#1260 6 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

So is it me or is MSRP a few hundred higher. I mean the game looks great but there are no toys on the playfield where is the increase in price coming from and at what point does the bubble burst?

Considering the extras you get with the LE, I think it's totally worth it. Compared to the meager offerings with SWLE......

Rob

#1262 6 years ago

I'm glad Stern finally ditched the pegs. The absolute worst idea they ever had.

Rob

#1334 6 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Code is basic, more animations and variety will be implement and deeper modes will eventually arrive in time. But so far nothing but great news to me.

Basic? The interview with Keith said the game will ship with 1.0 code, or very close to it (.98).

Rob

2 weeks later
#2571 6 years ago

I hope the few timed modes have big scoring potential to make them worth playing compared to "ACES High" for example. FOTD doesn't last long.

Rob

2 weeks later
#3947 5 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Wanted the spitfire to look like a real Spitfire not a 2 seat trainer!

Maybe it's intentionally not a spitfire because that would probably require extra licensing costs from whoever owns the rights to the plane.

Rob

#4600 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

At this point it's worth waiting until the LE gameplay reveal and Prem pics but my gut feeling tells me that the Pro is going to be the best looking and playing version of the 3. No lift ramps, ramp diverters, scoops or physical ball locks to slow the ball down and kill your flow yet it keeps all the flippers, spinners, RGB inserts and everything else that makes the game fun. And I like that the Orb target is recessed instead of sticking out. The cabinet art is going to be tough to beat for the Premium. I mean it's got "Killers" on the back box sides and "the Trooper" on the cab. I think it's hands down Stern's best Pro to date and they are going to sell a ton of them!

I love physical ball locks in a game and I don't think that slows a game down. It's not like you are locking balls every 10 seconds for the whole game.

Rob

#4896 5 years ago

It's about what you can expect from a Premium/LE game. A few extra features that don't change the gameplay too much. I think the LED flasher is my favorite part of the package so far. The left ramp diverter is neat too.

Rob

#4910 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The sculpts look better than flat plastics, but are kind of a non issue (and not hard to do yourself in some fashion if you care). The RGB flasher was neat, but not a game changer in any way, same with the red GI. Nice, but kinda minor. It really comes down to the diverter and ramp stuff, and while I dig all of it, it didn't feel like, what, $1700 more or so for the Premium? Lot of cash for a couple ramp gimmick that don't seem too essential to the gameplay.
If you have the money and it's a non issue? Sure, but I dunno. I like the idea of keeping as much of the Archer stuff as possible, but tough to justify, and I think not a lot of talk just because it wasn't flashy or wow, just neat.
Be better when we can play it ourselves or at least get more true hands on impressions of how much it matters to the gameplay.

If the left newton ball allows cheesey hits to score, maybe it's better to have a standup there instead?

Rob

#4939 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I was told by my disty they are scheduled to pick up their LE machine allocation from Stern on Monday 5/6 and mine will be delivered 5/7...

Are you allowed to look at the artwork when unboxing and playing?

Rob

#5109 5 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

The surprises mnpinball mentioned in an earlier post:
"This LE is going to put the Bat66 Super LE to shame. The bar has been raised.
There's even going to be a few surprises not on the published matrix list ."

The bar couldn't get any lower after SWLE (which I own). I'm glad to see IMDNLE has nice extras to make the LE moniker more worthy.

Rob

#5442 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Does the LE have the upgraded cabinet brackets? (Williams style) I thought I had read that Star Wars LE came with the better brackets in the front if the cab?

Plus corner braces.

Sometimes I wonder if the cabinet cracking is partially because the leg bolts have been over tightened.

Rob

#5630 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Stern put the small ones in so I replaced my fronts today with Bally Williams.

Those don't seem to fit that well as there are gaps between the plates and the cabinets walls?

Rob

1 week later
#6231 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

No he isn't. They've never sold any LE parts above and beyond the games. If you trash your LE translite somehow, you have to send back the remains to get a new one.

Unfortunately Stern did this with SWLE, albeit by mistake(?). Several pinsiders ordered and got the LE side armor for their non-LE models. Not only is SWLE parts availability now diminished for those who actually own an LE, the 'LE exclusiveness' value is diminished further.

Rob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

ā‚¬ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rob_G.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday?tu=Rob_G and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.