20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (6 years ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (6 years ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (6 years ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (6 years ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (6 years ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (6 years ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeTangoIndia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Dammit. I’ve been working all day on the gameroom. Hoping to come in and get some pics or video of what’s going up there. Nope.

Awesome!!! But why is there a tent setup?? Lol are you camping up there?? Haha

#627 6 years ago
Quoted from melappels:

Derek Riggs is not doing the artwork for the game , i asked later if they are allowed to use his work. Ill have no reply to that question yet !

No he is not doing the artwork. Derek hasn’t done Maidens artwork in a lonnnnng time. Zombie yeti is doing the artwork.

#884 6 years ago

Wow!!! Amazing!!! Die hard Maiden fan here. Like others it’s a dream theme for me!! I even have my cassette of Live After Death that got me through high school still!!! Check out all the extra songs on the end of side 2!!! The CD never had these extras!!

DDCA58E1-1F0A-4975-9FD4-2EC7CB1E0C89 (resized).jpegDDCA58E1-1F0A-4975-9FD4-2EC7CB1E0C89 (resized).jpeg

6D665F62-FD84-4556-ADAD-52A96AE6D007 (resized).jpeg6D665F62-FD84-4556-ADAD-52A96AE6D007 (resized).jpeg

9C3E7E1E-97CE-4616-8FB7-8BBEB3AA6BCA (resized).jpeg9C3E7E1E-97CE-4616-8FB7-8BBEB3AA6BCA (resized).jpeg

#901 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Love that left ramp through the pops! That thing is gonna cause fits of rage, in a good way.

Yes!!! Funny that you say that cause the artwork in the pops is the piece of mind artwork!!! Eddy in a straight jacket!! Pretty fitting lol. Sooooo freakin excited

#1354 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Here is one minute of the stream posted on Instagram by mannys_arcade.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg12rI0nC4p/

Awesome!! Better than nothing haha. Thanks !

#1360 6 years ago

Are those LED lights on the shooter lane cover or are they part of the artwork? If they are 4 lights then what do they do? Keep track of something?

E33E25BF-406C-4376-995E-F6CBC2ED1CE3 (resized).pngE33E25BF-406C-4376-995E-F6CBC2ED1CE3 (resized).png

#1364 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Pretty sure it is just a decal to help gauge the strength of the plunge.

Quoted from MikeS:

It's artwork. Likely the gauge for the skillshot.

Gotcha thanks guys! Really looks like 4 little lights haha

#1418 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am in the same boat, this game checked off all of my requirements exempt the music. One guy here said to go back on youtube and listen to some more songs and that they are epic. I honestly tried and it is still like nails on a chalkboard for me. The art, layout, lcd are amazing! If this was Led Zeppelin instead of Iron Maiden I would have pulled the trigger on an LE. Theme is big to me and right now I would be interested in a pro and altering the music with pinball browser. Also wondering how main center shot will hold up. reminds me of the ring on LOTR but without hole in center. I wonder if it will get beat up quickly because it is in center shot? I love the art, Stern is taking the right direction with custom art-it is spectacular!

I was wondering the same thing about the center shot. Is the ramp always down on PRO? Will the ball always be able to smack into the back wall?

1 week later
#2469 6 years ago

Just watched about the last hour of the stream with my headphones on. Wow it looks and sounds amazing. Can’t wait!! Oh and FYI Jack ended the stream by saying that it was recorded this time that it WILL be on YouTube later!!

#2602 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

We were talking about this, we were considering Stern Iron Maiden - SIM.

So what is this version of Stern Iron Maiden? Lol

F1C1226A-A50F-427E-8249-A70321455A70 (resized).jpegF1C1226A-A50F-427E-8249-A70321455A70 (resized).jpeg

#2719 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

So, a question for you guys that have played it already. How difficult did you find hitting the left ramp through the pops?

I have not played IMDN yet (can’t wait though!!) but on my Roadshow that I used to have and other pins with shots through the pops it was more of a mental thing. Every time I just made the shot without thinking about it, the ramp was easy through the pops. But if I focused on not hitting the pops and staring at them too much I would hit them and miss. So I’m guessing it will be a similar “mind game” with IMDN’s left ramp IMO.

#2723 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

You should be looking at where the ball is on the flippers to make ANY tough shot consistently.
Like this guy!

“Hey chuckleheads...Eyes up HERE!”

Lol I know right!!

#3021 6 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Thanks for taking the time to write a review Eskaybee,
IMDN sure is shaping up really nice
Sleepless nights waiting for my LE lol.
Has anyone asked Keith or the team if there is a name for "The Lady" ?
Do we have a poll to give her one ?
Is she prophet from the Legacy game ?
I guess I will have to get used to the English accent
Is she hot ? b
Might help me deal with the accent a little better

She’s the Clairvoyant isnt she? The lady in the red cloak? That’s what I presumed.

EC5C92B1-AAA7-48FC-B0E6-619194D24479 (resized).jpegEC5C92B1-AAA7-48FC-B0E6-619194D24479 (resized).jpeg

E7B896AE-1CD5-48A9-84E0-B125DDD46272 (resized).jpegE7B896AE-1CD5-48A9-84E0-B125DDD46272 (resized).jpeg

F8BCD661-4878-42C4-A088-AF0F07864A08 (resized).jpegF8BCD661-4878-42C4-A088-AF0F07864A08 (resized).jpeg

#3093 6 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I hate to be a cliche, the theme is just a big negative for me but I played it at lunch today and was completely blown away. So many shots on this game and they all feel great. Obviously this is just a first impression, but I'm not sure a game has been so fun to shoot right out of the gate for me.
Unfortunately I couldn't really hear the game that well, being on location, so I couldn't gauge how the music would affect my experience. Oh well, it's off to youtube to see if I can get myself to like Iron maiden.

Yeah the only few songs you MIGHT hear on the radio or something like that are the same three songs. Run To The Hills (so tired of hearing it), The Trooper (so awesome but kind of tired of it also), and Number Of The Beast (again, awesome but overplayed). They have TONS of good songs it’s ridiculous. Most people have no clue about the level of songwriting, storytelling, themes and images that they can conjure up with their songs. Give them a serious chance and explore all their 30 something albums and I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the level of talent and songwriting spanning the years that have NEVER received airplay anywhere. Maiden just doesn’t write “radio friendly” songs and in IMO that’s a good thing.

#3337 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Anyone here about premiums?

Yes we are all here to see the premiums!! And LE’s! Hahah

#3360 5 years ago

Lord almighty not the Walking Dead Iron Maiden photoshop job again...

#3366 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Pinside is funny, so sensitive. Post a pic and get thrown in the fire right away lol

Haha it’s been posted ALOT already. That’s all. Haha

#3378 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Sorry, I don't live on Pinside to know what is fake/known/etc

Not to beat a dead horse but dude....You don’t need to live on Pinside to see the plastic ramps, the well Walker and walking dead tag on the coin door lolol

#4356 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Lol the polk 10 is plenty powerful for a pinball machine and what we need them.to do...

Agreed. It’s sounds great hooked up to my BSD and MET. $80-$100 can’t go wrong and it’s good for two machines! I will get another one for IMDN when I eventually get one.

#4386 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

So if i understand well, you have interest to play all songs to advance in the game than always play with the same? I ask in order to know if I would have to replace all songs as I can’t stand Maiden songs

Even if you replace the songs with something else won’t you still be forced to look at the names and artwork of each song during the song selection process?? Example: you will choose “Hallowed Be Thy Name” and then “Ice Ice Baby” starts playing?? Or can people change the text also? Non Maiden fans I can’t even imagine the horror you must be going through lolol.

#4388 5 years ago

This is what I did with Met, I replaced some songs with the text too. The choice of song is not important in Met. Don’t know if it is on Maiden pin.

I dont think the song selection is important just like MET I think it’s just a song that plays. However, the songs are tied to modes with the same song. But choosing our song DOES NOT start the mode. It also sounds like each song and mode have separate champion awards. I don’t have the game yet but that’s what I’m gathering from here. Also I think the text is easier to change on a DMD rather than an LCD with graphics associated? I’m just wondering if you’re even able to change the text/artwork for the song selection process?

Disclaimer for any page skimmers...I am a HUGE Maiden fan! Would never dream of changing the songs lol.

#4390 5 years ago

Changed text on Met so DMD. Why it would be different with an LCD? It is just a screen.
If I was a huge fan of Maiden, Metallica, Gun and roses (I am), or any other band I would still put the songs I love the most in the game and replace those that I need to do.

Yeah but instead of text for the song on MET, it’s an actual image/graphic associated with each song. It’s not just text saying the song you’re choosing. I’m just thinking out loud I really don’t know if you can change it.

#4773 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

The rules and the art are awesome. Like I said, I don't even mind the Maiden music during the modes. I kinda hate jukebox style games anyway, and this one seems even more frivolous in that the songs you pick up front are just for music, not for modes. Would seem from a gameplay standpoint this would make it that much easier / less impactful to circumvent.

But if you change all the songs out you will now have modes that are attached to non Maiden songs. Also the graphic for picking songs will still be all Maiden. Also as someone pointed out earlier you will need songs that are pretty exact same length of time.

#4778 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I wouldn't look to change the songs attached to modes. I don't HATE Maiden, I just don't really care for them. If I interpreted the last stream correctly, the songs you pick at the start of a ball have nothing to do with a mode. Isn't that true? It's just what you hear batting the ball around until you start a mode that has a song attached to it, right?
I guess my main thing is when I don't really care for the music, the exercise of "pick what song you want to hear now" seems stupid. Frankly, if there was a way to turn off the song-select in the settings and each ball just started with a random song from the list, that would probably be enough to resolve my issue.

There is a way to turn off song select for each ball. Eskaybee did just that. So basically you pick your song once just like MET. The problem with swapping songs is the song is now gone....so whatever you swap it to is the song that the mode will play. And like Aurich said, the start/stop points don’t always line up in a good way.

#4779 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

There is a way to turn off song select for each ball. Eskaybee did just that. So basically you pick your song once just like MET. The problem with swapping songs is the song is now gone....so whatever you swap it too is what the mode will play now. And like Aurich said, the start/stop points don’t always line up in a good way.

And yes you are correct. Your song that you choose has nothing to do with the modes.

#4781 5 years ago

Lol I agree. But hey....to each their own

#4839 5 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Where does the subway go to and from?

The sarcophagus has three positions. When it’s in it’s lowest position (pointing down) it dumps the ball into the subway and the center ramp lifts up and ejects it onto the playfield.

#4841 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

So you can only lock one ball in the sarcophagus? I missed the explanation at the beginning.

Yes. When you go to lock a second ball it becomes a virtual lock they said. The ball still travels under the motorized guardian, but when it gets released from behind the backboard it just rolls down on top of the sarcophagus plastic and onto the playfield.

#5040 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

It really is mind blowing people can spend thousands of dollars on a commercial grade amusement machine, built with high tech mechanical hardware designed and assembled by some extremely talented and gifted engineers, artists, coders, etc. Then immediately turn around and browse Walmart.com for the shittiest lame figurines they can find and Elmers glue the things to their brand new playfields.

So when Stern puts the Eddie dolls on the playfield it’s because they are super smart, gifted engineers, but when a hobbyist puts the same dolls on the playfield they become “lame figurines”? I’m confused. :thinking

#5042 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Yes
No
Maybe
I want to buy Avatar but cant get past the F'n factory installed GI Joe.
My LOTR looks terrible with the factory figures IMO.
I do think TSPP & FGY work well with factory figures.
Clearly I'm part of a double standard but its how I see it

Yeah absolutely it looks terrible sometimes from what stern puts on there. Sometimes people just want to improve the ones stern uses and people also can wayyyyyy over do it with the figurines. Like everything.....keep it simple, less is more. IMDN LE for instance I think the piece of mind Eddie figure looks great! But the Cyborg Eddie figure is just meh. If I was getting a premium or an LE I would look to be replacing the cyborg with a more detailed one.

#5095 5 years ago

It sure would be cool if IMDN had a hidden song like MET does with End Of The Line for its main wizard mode!

#5243 5 years ago

Ohhhhh man!! Two LE’s to follow today!

#5316 5 years ago

That red armor looks amazing. So much more depth than the stern pics show. Stern pics made it look almost like fire engine red lol

#5351 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Also early on yesterday i noticed some maidens allready had some bad cab splitting....

Ohhhh boy here we go again. No bueno. This is crazy for sure that it’s still happening.

#5414 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Why does the Pro look like it has "Skittles" GI lighting? Factory should just be white.

Someone made the Egyptian pyramids purple with purple spotlights haha.

#5753 5 years ago

Show some more pics (or video) of some new animations please!! So awesome!!

#5760 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Match Sequence...
» YouTube video

so awesome!! Wow!! Thanks!

#6066 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That should be correct. You need to lock a ball via the left ramp before it becomes a true captive ball shot. The single ball target will still register though.

That’s correct. It’s basically a “make your own” captive ball haha

#6068 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Weird - mine doesn't register at all when it's hit. I've tried many times....

It won’t.....you have to add a ball by locking a ball. THEN you will have a true captive ball in there.

I’m sure the machine “knows” when you have a ball locked. So it won’t register until you get that second ball in there.

#6070 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Ok, makes sense. But what rule allows you to do that?
Kind of dumb the M U M lights are lit, and you can hit the ball dead on and it doesn't do anything. Why even blink them if hitting the target doesn't do anything ?

Good question as I’m not super familiar with the rule set enough to know the intricacies. Eskaybee seems to know all the rules already lolol. Maybe he’ll chime in. BUT....I do know that you have to add the ball in the sarcophagus

#6082 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Nope. No sensor.
Also, just discovered a pop bumper has an LED board out too. Looks like fun to replace.
Seems Sterns quality control hasn't gotten any better since my last NIB.
Great game, but seriously.. how do they miss stuff like this?

That’s actually supposed to be like that. It’s a flasher only. Jack danger actually mentions it at the very beginning of the LE stream. It sure looks out of place though!

#6351 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

In Vegas this week, FINALLY got to play the pro. First off, those guys on the stream are assholes for making it look so easy.
Beautiful game, great to shoot! Its certainly on my radar.....but gonna wait to see what is around the corner......and Im broke at the moment....

Hey where in Vegas is an IMDN?? I’m heading up there tomorrow for some errands haha. Is it at NYNY?

#6353 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Two locations in Vegas...”Pinball Hall of Fame” and “A Gamer’s Paradise” next to the PHoF both have a Pro.

Sweet! Thanks! I’ll have to swing on over to the PHOF it looks like after Target lol

#6396 5 years ago

Medisinyl thanks for doing all these photoshop requests lol. Great job!! But that cornflower blue looks like painters tape blue. Or the legs off of a Road Show lol. I think the darker blue looks better IMO

#6619 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Thinking about selling my TAF and getting myself a Iron Maiden pro. Any TAF owners here who think this is an upgrade in fun factor? Have to mention I like their music and am not a big Addams theme fan.

Seems like a no brainer if you like Iron Maiden music and don’t like Addams Family.

4 weeks later
#7012 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Made my own LE this week with black jack and hookers

Looks awesome!!! Great choice with the gold. You also must be a Futurama fan with the Blackjack and Hookers lol. Check out this Bender remix it’s hilarious to drive around to

1 week later
#7095 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I ordered a Premium translite for my Pro from Stern and installed it. I think it matches up really well!

That’s exactly what I want to do when I eventually order my PRO!! Looks awesome!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeTangoIndia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday?tu=MikeTangoIndia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.