20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (6 years ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (6 years ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (6 years ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (6 years ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (6 years ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (6 years ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frippertron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Awesome!!! But why is there a tent setup?? Lol are you camping up there?? Haha

Wife probably said if anymore pins come in the the house his ass is sleeping up there.

#258 6 years ago

I actually prefer the older pins to watch. I like the quick, intense gameplay.

#804 6 years ago

Looks great! Congrats Keith on your first game with Stern!

#826 6 years ago

Wow! Awesome song list! The most impressive looking pin in awhile

#896 6 years ago

Love that left ramp through the pops! That thing is gonna cause fits of rage, in a good way.

#1419 6 years ago

For the record, Bruce Dickinson does NOT sing falsetto. He hits those high notes using full voice. He is a classically trained singer, no falsetto here! Think Bee Gees for falsetto or The Darkness.

#1430 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Ffs. Bruce is NOT a falsetto singer. King Diamond is. Rob Halford is. Dickinson isn't.
I get what yer saying, cause I used to feel the same way. But that's like the 5th time I've read that, and it's incorrect.

When Halford was young he didn't, but it's his own fault for making those songs so damn high.

#1435 6 years ago

I'm surprised nobody is complaining that they can't find an LE because Maiden is hoarding 50 of them.

#1439 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

From where do you have this? I am a Fan of Iron Maiden, but I think Bruce sings sometimes with a head voice, yes he does use his guts and all the rest too. And it doesn‘t realy matter to me, it sounds great.

Falsetto is very artificial sounding. Listen to King Diamond for a perfect metal example, like Gryzz said. Bruce never does this technique most trained singers will not do it and is frowned upon. Occasionally, in a live performance a person Bruce's age might cheese a note here or there and use falsetto if they feel like they can't hit the note. I graduated from the American Musical and Dramatic Academy in NYC and have had voice lessons for years and years if you want my resume. I also stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

#1507 6 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

50 for the band?? Like how many band members are there?

Probably gifts for the crew.

#1723 6 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Can't wait for the custom Di'Anno translite and the music replaced with beauties like this:
» YouTube video

Wish you picked a video of Di'anno in his prime. He was a bad ass back in the day.

#1879 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I love everything about this game except the music. On a serious note, I am wondering if it would be possible for Stern to secure the Archer license and do a "Archer Pinball" with what was supposed to be Archer from the start. Stern could use same design and layout like they did for Shrek and Family Guy. I would have pulled the trigger on an Archer, but I am on the fence with IMDN. I honestly think I would have to put in some System of Down or something via pinball browser just to tolerate the music.

I never realized Maidens' music was so polarizing. Metal fans regard them as a band EVERYONE likes. I guess I can understand how Bruce's vocals can wear thin on some people in large doses, but to each his own. I've always loved them since I was a little kid so I'm not the most objective reviewer. Vocals aside, the music kicks ass! Harmony leads, killer galloping bass lines, technical drumming, what's not to like? I think the music is gonna be perfect for a pin and some of you haters might come around. Sorry for the ramble. I can't wait to play this pin. Up the Irons!

#1912 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I would recommend Number of the Beast.
Start to finish. Every track is a winner. Arguably the weakest track is the opener, Invaders, and it’s still a killer tune.
When people ask me “what is the best metal album” or they want to start listening to metal, I always say NOTB.
I jumped off the Maiden train 25 years ago, when Adrian Smith left the band (f**k off Gers!) but those first 5 albums are classics for sure.
rd

I agree with NOTB being fantastic, but I've actually had more success turning people onto Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. It seems to be noobie friendly and a massively underrated album as well.

#1919 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Hopefully Killers or Number of the beast for the LE..

Killers will probably be a no, since they didn't include any of the songs off that album. Which is a shame since it's my favorite artwork.

#1940 6 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Have any of you guys heard of the Iron Maidens?
They are an all female tribute band to Iron Maiden. They are super well known and make big money touring around the world.
I know as I have hired them a few times for some concerts I promoted at a couple House of Blues venues. Kind of a side thing I did for a while was booking touring and some well known national touring bands several years ago.
Anyway, they are pretty awesome, especially when Nita Strauss was with them playing in the Dave Murray spot.
Google or YouTube them and Nita.... You'll thank me later
Super cool chicks and die hard Maiden fans.. they kill it.

Best assets in music? They discovered what the curve in the top a guitar is for.

#1961 6 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Awesome Thanks for the post
Would be very cool to see where the all LE allocation ends up
The Auto'd have to be worth more, Wish I could get Maiden to sign mine !
Cheers

I really hope most are going to close friends, family, or road crew of the band and not a cash grab. Steve Harris and Gene Simmons are very different people, but it's his IP and he can do whatever the hell he likes.

#1972 6 years ago

Awesome! Wonder who is the lucky person getting the first one off the line? Are the first ones going to Germany?

#1986 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

** Elwin on Maiden's Music: **
If you listen to the Coast2Coast podcast interview with Keith Elwin, the subject of Iron Maiden's music and its appeal to Elwin personally comes up.
When asked if *he* likes the music, he replies with a fairly transparent dodge:
"I think it's good music for pinball."
That wasn't the question, Keith.

I noticed that too. Oh well, not every kind of music appeals to everyone. I myself can't stand The Beatles but it doesn't mean I don't respect their significance.

#2088 6 years ago

Maiden is classic METAL. If you don't like it, that's cool. I'm sure a Barry Manilow pin will be made eventually, just for you guys.

#2100 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

This isn't metal enough for you?
» YouTube video

God, I love the Paul stuff! They really should have included at least one of his songs. That's my only gripe.

#2105 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah when I ran into people complaining that he wasn't in it (Complaining in a Iron Maiden thread by fans oh heavens!) I took some listens and it seems waaaay better. The bruce era stuff I'm hearing really seems too theatrical...like Spinal Tap.

People are split. It's probably 75/25 but Paul had great songs! Nobody can deny those two great albums. I appreciate both eras

#2112 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If Iron Maiden is Heavy Metal music, then what is this? Whenever i hear someone mention heavy metal, this is the crap I imagine and I have no idea why. Haha
» YouTube video
I see a band like maiden as more like 80s rock, but I don’t claim to be a music genre expert.
Although I really don’t care for their vocals, I can totally see maidens music growing on me like AC/DC did.

Dude that's like blackish metal and not very good at that. Metal is a diverse genre. Vocals can be very soft or a death metal growl and everything in between. It really is more diverse than any other genre in rock. Prepare to be amazed!

#2153 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

» YouTube video
Our Danish distributor got some Iron Maiden pros at storage now, one of them is allready on location.
Little gameplay footage with mr. Stern-Denmark

Wow! That is shooting really crisp. Looks great.

#2179 6 years ago

So, what do you think Soren?

#2181 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Exactly
The game looks magnificant & I am 99% sure one will land in my basement. Good pinball is good pinball.

I think Larry, Moe, and Shemp would agree.

#2214 6 years ago

I'm loving that bonus countdown!

#2260 6 years ago

So, what do you Danes think of the game? Is the code as complete as advertised? DOZENS of people want to know!

#2267 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Any feedback on the gameplay?
Fast?
Short/long ball times?
Flow?

I think they are ringers, man! Agents of the Evil Empire.

#2273 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Interesting: "easy."
Could this be true? Keith Elwin is famous for, among other things, posting some absurd score on MET (3B?). He would probably say that table is "easy." Still, if he knows MET is easy, would he not design his own layout to be more challenging? Hitting the launch ramp is easy, but using it to strike the center target is probably not. The "Clairvoyant" shot (beside the pops, between two posts) is apt to be hard, as is the left ramp. Consecutive loops (on either loop) are apt to be hard, as are the two Jackpot shot shots from the upper-left flipper. Watching both gameplay clips posted on YouTube, I counted *one* successful trip up the left ramp. That suggests "hard" to me. As for scoring and advancing through the objectives, I would again assume Keith of all people would make that challenging.
I'm waiting for a proper "review" from either a player using a routed table or an owner, but perhaps that's asking a lot as either sort of person in this case is likely to be Danish. Still, he might post his review in Danish, and we might then try to translate his review with Google Translate. Too much work? Perhaps.

I guess I'm just surprised on the radio silence from the Danes. Thought they would give us their thoughts. Not everyone is glued to this forum, unfortunately.

#2278 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Up the Irons an homage to West Ham? FFS....might be a deal breaker.

Yup, Up the Irons! Is a clever homage to Steve Harris' favorite football/soccer team West Ham United from London's East End.

#2305 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats awesome, and dont forget thats a bunch of near 60 year old guys now also still out there jamming and putting on a killer show.

Their drummer Nicko will be 66 in less than two months. I know this because I have the same birthday as him.

#2342 6 years ago
Quoted from ttown:

Riple you may need to move, those prices are out of control!

You don't need to move Riple, just buy a bunch of early solid states like I do. There really is a bang for your buck there that people don't appreciate. You don't only have to buy new games. There are decades of great affordable pins, just waiting for you. It's nice to expand your collection to include all different eras. Prepare to be amazed!

#2363 6 years ago

It was politics fellas! Once everything is good to go we won't have to worry. Steve Harris has always been picky and that's his right. Once all this is hammered out we will see all the maiden pins in all their glory!

#2407 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

They certainly don't play enough:
-Black Sabbath
-Van Halen
-Metallica
Can't hardly listen anymore. XM40 sucks too, but I'll take what I can get....every once in awhile they play Deicide.

When Satan Lives is such a good live album!

#2444 6 years ago

Looks cool as hell so far fellas. I'm getting pumped to finally play one.

#2451 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Seems like some really long ball times.

Most of these guys are better than the average Joe. You need to consider that.

#2713 6 years ago

So, a question for you guys that have played it already. How difficult did you find hitting the left ramp through the pops?

#2859 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

...and they sold all of 4, had 46 remaining on their website for 2 years, and then had to remove them entirely in embarrassment. No idea where they went, but certainly not to paying fans willing to pay thousands more for a signed index card shoved into an apron.

Really? Wow! I never heard that. That's the cost of greed for you, eh Gene? I wonder where the rest went. You know Gene Simmons wouldn't give a flyer away for free.

1 week later
#3305 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

LE!!
LE!!
LE!!
Its going to be amazing .

Unless the reason the LE is being held up is Steve Harris wants a big fat photo of the band with their shirts off on the backglass and playfield.

#3669 6 years ago

It sounds like they had to rework some aspect of the art for approval. Either that or Steve Harris has been difficult to get a hold of for the past few weeks. Licensing is a time consuming bitch. Hopefully the wait is worth it. I really hope you guys that are paying for the premium/LE get your money's worth.

#3832 6 years ago

I will reserve judgement until better pics are available. It might not be the side art but the red powder coat that is making some people say it's too colorful. I don't know, I still think it looks pretty cool. With all the hype and waiting did any of you guys honestly think this was going to exceed expectations? With how well the pro has been received and the excessive wait time for the premium/LE reveal, it's all not exactly working in their favor right now.

#3965 6 years ago

I don't know guys but that gold armor mock up is waaaay better than the red and completely removes the whole Christmas vibe.

#4158 6 years ago

For the money you guys are slapping down for an LE it would be nice if it was more feasible for Stern to take a more custom approach. Choosing your own armor color, ramp and habitrail color etc. This would make for a truly limited and special product, but like I said probably not feasible.

1 month later
#6860 5 years ago

How about gold armor. I thought that looked real nice in the mock ups.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frippertron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday?tu=Frippertron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.