20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (6 years ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (6 years ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (6 years ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (6 years ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (6 years ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (6 years ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2103 6 years ago

What I love... Is I never knew so many pinball fans loved Iron Maiden so much. I survived the Blaze years, and I took so much garbage as it wasn't popular to like them then. But, I think Blaze got unfairly maligned. It wasn't his fault the albums weren't up to par with the classics... Steve was just allowed to run amok and as a result the songs had a bloaty feel to them. But, still virtual 11 was a solid album... Bloated, but good... I hate X-Factor... Only two good songs came from that era, Virus and Man on the Edge, don't know how Virus didn't make the dang album though... Anyway... One thing I'll say don't forget about Michael Schenker's influence. Iron Maiden is UFO but on steroids. And Schenker's style of lead guitar is basically how every metal guitarist plays. Just saw schenks for the third time and as always the man is amazing. And for you doubters... Kirk Hammett of metallica his favorite guitarist is Michael schenker, and Steve Harris(of Iron Maiden oyu newbs) his fav band is UFO... Maiden opens most of their shows with Doctor Doctor. So UP THE IRONS!!!

#2104 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah when I ran into people complaining that he wasn't in it (Complaining in a Iron Maiden thread by fans oh heavens!) I took some listens and it seems waaaay better. The bruce era stuff I'm hearing really seems too theatrical...like Spinal Tap.

If you guys like Pauls stuff... Which I love... You should check out his Battlezone work... The first two albums are a bit poppy metal, but still really good, just a lot of songs bout love... But, the whole children of madness album is amazing... Then you should check out his band Killers, murder one is a really solid album... And lastly his truly, truly hidden gem is nomad. An album so great and amazing, and yet under the radar that he released it twice once as the aforementioned nomad and then later as The Living Dead... The song The Living Dead straight up one of the best metal songs I've ever heard. Just so epic. His voice amazing... Also... As I talked about schenker above... You should all also listen to his track, Before the Devil Knows You're Dead... Again I think one of the best songs of the last 10 years. Just pure epic and power. And according to Doogie who wrote the lyrics for the song its a tribute to the GREAT RONNIE JAMES DIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And in case you don't know... I LOVE DIO!!!!!!!!

#2216 6 years ago

Wow that spinner at the top looks really sick and awesome... Part of me can't wait for the premiums to be released, and the other part of me is like... I don't mind the wait.. Gives me a chance to save up my money...

#2226 6 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

These guys are amazing live. Someone in Missouri take PW79 to a Maiden concert so he can experience that raw power for himself!

I have seen Maiden 5 times I believe. Once at the Riveria in chicago Blaze was the singer and Dio was the co-headliner. Sadly only time I ever saw Dio. Then once for the Ed Hunter tour that was with Bruce back in teh Band. That was at the aragon in Chicago... Still they were not quite fully back to the big time yet. Then I saw them again on the somewhere in time tour at the All State in Rosemont. Wow... Great show big venue. And I saw them twice at the out door venue at Tinley Park... One of the times was book of souls and I think the other one was Final Frontier. Awesome every time I've seen them.

#2251 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Diospinball
Please explain your avatar

The avatar is me flexing taking a selfie... What's to explain... Wish I still looked that good though... Still look good... just not that good...

#2367 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Well, sign me up as a bona fide, Eddie-loving, Iron Maiden convert!!
I knew ONE Iron Maiden song before this launch, and now at 50 freaking years old and thinking I listen to everything, I had just not EVER got to the Irons. I have spent the last week or so binge listening to as much as I can, and WHERE HAVE I BEEN????? This stuff is fantastic!! So many years of catalog and different phases and periods and members and producers and........OMG. Thank you Iron Maiden! I can not WAIT to get into a premium!

The main producer to listen to is the main man Martin Birch!!! Birch is the greatest heavy metal producer EVER!!!!! EVER!!!!! He produced for deep purple and don't let the whole mixing supervisor credit he got on a few albums fool you, he produced them all... If he was in the studio he was in charge of it... That's the birch sound... So from Deep Purple Machine Head, Ritchie Blackmoores rainbow, all three with dio and the live on Stage... So you know the 2nd album rising besides being the first time Dio worked with Jimmy Bain also is considered all time classic hard rock album... Then he did Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules... Heaven and Hell is an alltime classic Mob Rules isn't far behind... And then he did Maidens work... Also around the same time he produced Michael Schenker's best 80s album Asssualt Attack, and also he produced the album that Blue Oyster Cults Burning for You is on. One of their best SONGS!! Guy is just greatest EVER!

#2368 6 years ago

And I'm not a fan of Steve producing alone... He's great, but needs to be reigned in... That's what X-Factor and Virtual 11 should teach the fans... And while I think Kevin Shirley is a bit of a hack... They have made some really good stuff with him... I just wish they would work with ROY Z... C'mon Roy Z for a period was one of the best producers in metal, I think he's lost a bit of his magic touch... But, Kevin Shirley I think is just too tame and prefers too much of a live blander sound. But, that was one of the agreements to Bruce joining back. Was that they got another full time producer and it wouldn't just be steve, and also at steves house... I just think Roy Z would bring a bite to Maiden that would be nice. But, I must admit I think Dance of death is a top 5 maiden album, and Final Frontier was really solid and good, and I rather like a lot of Book of Souls, its not a perfect album but its layered and deep and a good listen. I just htink that Brave new world is too repetitious with it's choruses, and a bit soft and whimpy... And Bruce promised an in your face metal album and Brave New World is just too polite... Wicker Man oculd have a much heavier punch and wouldn't need to alter the song one bit. Just some of the mixing and distortion, and tell Bruce to put some venom in it... But, Dream of Mirrors is one of my top 20 Maiden songs... Such an amazing song... And I won't bash a Matter of Life and Death. I think that's a solid album... Takes awhile to get use to it, but it has a lot of quality. Still, all in all I think give Roy Z one outing... Sorry rant over... Up the Irons!!

#2386 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

7300..... premium

Yeah, but with taxes its closer to 8k... And sadly I ordered mine I think a bit too soon. As I should have waited and chose the chicagoland dealer that was in the delivery area for my home... I got to drive 77 miles to pick mine up and then decrate it myself and set it up...
But, I just wanted to be one of the first to get a premium. Was super excited... I did get the cc processing fee waved though. And that saved me quite a bit of money.

#2390 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Always order from an out of state distro to avoid tax

Then it would be a really, really, really long car ride... But, you might be right... Sadly I think this will probably be one of my few if only NIB... Unless Elvira 3 gets made... And if it does get made... PLEASE NOT THIS YEAR... Please let it be the end of next year... So I can buy Revenge from Mars and Rocky and Bullwinkle... And also I want a cheapie of Raven.... But, the Rocky And Bullwinkle will be my gift to my father... The other ones in my house... Funny thing is I probably could get all 3 of those machines cheaper than my Maiden.... But, I gotta support Maiden. They mean so much to me.

#2494 6 years ago

I got a few beefs... I really was disappointed that this was just a pro that they streamed. Seems like a double dip and honestly... I while its cool to see some of the features explained... I do sometimes like to find out a rule set on my own... So a bit of spoilers there... And what really pisses me off... And I know this is a common complaint with stern games... But, who the hell thinks its okay to release a game with unfinished code.
That to me is sloppy and shouldn't happen. Hell, I think its the same with video games too, but I forgive those cos they have deadlines and if you keep pushing a game back then they could lose the hype train... But, even so there is a difference of fixing a few bugs, and just not being ready...
COMPLETE THE DAMN MACHINE... Do the first round of bug checks and then maybe release a few updates down the road... I mean a pinball machine is not like a music album, video game, or movie. People can't exactly pirate it and leak it... So stupid and lazy...
But, won't stop me from buying... Looks great and I can't wait to play one. But, it will impact me possibly getting other NIB down the road.

#2497 6 years ago

I'm not buying it to support stern... At least not directly... I'm buying it to support Iron Maiden, and also to support new pinball production... Right now pinball is in a Renaissance after surviving some dark days. And while I'm not super jazzed about some of the new features of new pinball machines. I like a full sized backglass and I think games with like the quarter ones but full lcds just aren't sexy, I do like the hybrids like this machine. Good LCD display but still full backglass... And I think pinball could be up for another boom. Especially when you consider now all the technology its never been easier to make one(not easy... Just easier). Can't wait to see what comes out next... I hope an elivra 3... that would be awesome.. But, as I said before I hope not too soon. Cos I am broke!

#2504 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

You new around here?

Newish... Picked up pinball only about a the last year or so... Started as a Virtual Pin guy... But, then got hooked and wanted the real thing... But, I just think its stupid in this day and age of limited attention span. To release a sub prime product. First impressions are the most important ones... Current generation generally doesn't have patience to see how things play out or to be fixed.
Also, how can your company move forward onto the next pins... If you're still working on the old ones... Smacks of laziness to me. I get it that these pins are complicated and complex... But, I still think its a strange policy.

#2646 6 years ago

I know I ripped them for the coding thing. But, to me this makes sense... Only because if they included a song not in the normal soundtrack for the modes, then people will be like "Why isn't that song included to just select.... THAT"S BS!"... I will say... I kind of don't like it switching so much though. I love how AC DC handled the songs. Each song you played had different rule set, and you could switch once you triggered the right stuff... Yes, I get that that concept is more simple or straightforward. But, otherwise it might be just too chaotic... But, I hope to be wrong. I hope it will blend smoothly... We'll see... Either way great music is great music.

1 week later
#4130 5 years ago

I think the pro translite and cab art are better than the LE... Just my opinion... I totally would get a pro, but it's missing actual game features, which is why I am getting a premium.

#4636 5 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I will be listing my Pro for $5300 as soon as my Premium is coming. Has 25 plays as of yesterday.

Only 25... I think I just put on 8 plays on my breakshot... And I only played for a little bit to unwind after work today... I think I'd put like 100 plays on my maiden just the first day I get it! Can't wait to get it!!!!

#4642 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The armpit hair... Out of the this world.

Ummm... Sorry but there is no armpit hair... I shave my armpits man... I think armpit hair is gross... And I'm not ashamed of that image... I look good in it... I almost looked that good again a few weeks back.. .I little bit skinnier, but then I went on a week long binge of junk food and not working out... Gotta hit the gym hard again.

#4649 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

um....
If that's not armpit hair I would consult with your doctor asap.
P.S. This might be the strangest website on the internet.

Just looked at the selfie and yeah.. its a little bit armpit hair and a little bit irritation from the deodorant I was using at the time.

And Bruce doesn't shave his armpits... His armpit hair is like 6 inches long... I cringe when I see him in a tank top... Cos its so freaking long his armpit hair... I wish he would shave his pits or at least trim them... But, he's a great fencer, an amazing singer/songwriter, an author, a film writer, and a pilot... And I'm sure I left out more... Guy is my hero... So who cares about his pits.

#4652 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I think he meant to get on pinballsingles.com

Ohhh man... If only that were a site!!!
And you know guys... I only put that avatar on because I thought more people would have their own image up... I was wrong...
And my looks and my body never got me a dang thing in life. Doesn't help with women. Women don't care... Personality is what counts. Only means I can move heavier objects with a little bit more ease than the normal person... Which is actually perfect for having pinball as a hobby.

#4662 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I'm surprised by this?

Surprised by what? I'm quite frankly surprised a lot of men are paying attention to a picture of me. I wish it had the same effect on women... But, its like when I wear either of my Flash Gordon T-shirts... Only men ever come up to me and tell me what an awesome shirt it is, and it happens all the time... But, never EVER has a woman told me what a great Flash Gordon shirt I have... Sometimes they do compliment my pecs... But, I mean come on... Of course they would.... Let's focus on pinball here guys... Enough arm pit hair talk and avatar talk.

#4689 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Dude were you and yer dad in a car wreck on the way to MGC? That's terrible.

Yes we were... My brother was driving. We were all looking forward to playing lots of pinball machines we'd probably never ever get a chance to play in the wild. Just glad my father is alright. He's not in the best of health lately. But, accidents happen and I'm lucky to be able to say life goes on.

1 week later
#5575 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Not at all, I bought the LE for the gameplay and the Pro for the art.

That is how I feel about the art package too... I just am too poor to be able to buy an LE. So I bought the premium. But, I think the pro might have the best art. And yes... I know the LE is a real backglass... But, the art on the pro just looks better. Zombie yeti did a really great job channeling Derek Riggs. I mean the Pro design reminds me of the somewhere back in time tour promo art, and to a better extent the Best of the Beast artwork. Best of the beast was always just a little too cartoony and caricature-ish for my liking. And it got more savage and beastly I think for the Back in Time promos. Just fantastic art...
And I just want to say for all the Maiden haters... I get it... You don't like good music... I kid, I kid...
While the music might not be your cup of tea, can we really just say this is a monster theme pinball with iron maiden's music. It's not a band pin. It just features Eddie, their mascot.. But, really its a Monster pin and we all know Monster themed pins are some of the best themes there are... I just wish this had sex appeal on it... But, it really is a dream theme, and babes and Maiden never really went together... Anyone who has seen their From Here to Eternity music video can attest to that!!!

#5577 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Has this actually been confirmed that it's a real mirrored backglass and not a regular backglass with mirrored sections stuck to it in the cutout parts like KISS LE?

No idea... But I got yelled out before when I said the pro's backglass was cooler... SO I wanted to point out that I prefer the art on the pro better. Just never loved the trooper art or song, like all the maiden fans... I love both, just not my faves for maiden.

#5726 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Hell yes. They usually skip St. Louis and KC and I have to drive to Chicago. Done that 3 times in the last 15 years.
When you see the cabinet in person, I swear your jaw will drop. It's REALLY sick and the pictures can't capture it.
Up the irons!

Its more like Tinley Park... As that's where they played the last two times I believe... I saw them at the Riv, Aragon, All State Arena in Rosemont, and twice at the Tinley Park outdoor place.

1 week later
#6463 5 years ago

Well... I just got to view the premium pictures... My fear was correct... It's my least favorite art package of the lot. I think overall the pro has the best art package. I like the translite better, and I think it has the best cab art. Yes, the Prem has a more cohesive feel to it, and it does match up nicely to the backwall on the playfield... But, Iron Maiden is more than powerslave and Egypt theme. And I feel all the other art packages did a better job at expressing it. I don't really like the LE backglass or main cab art. The top box art though I think is the best out of all three. But, to me the main cab for the LE just doesn't pop. Its not a dealbreaker for me. As I put down the rest of my payment tomorrow. And it is a beautiful cab... Just my least favorite of the bunch.
I think for the amount of money we all are paying. We should be able to actually choose which art packages and playfields we want. Ohhhh well...
Once I get the game I'll go back to complaining about unfinished codes, or late code updates... For now I can't wait to get my machine!

#6670 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

Who’s your distributor?

I'm told by mine that Memorial day week they will be getting them. I'm a bit far from their route, but I am hoping to get mine delivered next Friday.

#6705 5 years ago

Alright... So I changed my avatar. I hope you all are happy!

#6779 5 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Got my premium last week. Set it up next to my pro.

Can we be friends... I mean... Man, what a great collection... And you must be loaded if you can basically buy the same pin twice... a bit Jelly as I prefer the pro art package, but I really wanted to have the gameplay of the prem. As I think the lock ball device is a really cool idea, and who doesn't love ramps that go up and down.
But, man... You got a collection like how I hope to have one day. To have so many options at playing pinball in one house... That's living the dream.

#6879 5 years ago

I got my prem yesterday. I decided to have a shaker installed in it... That turned out to be a little bit of a mistake. As first my floor in the room it went into is all kinds of unbalanced and jacked up. I'll need to fix it before I put any more in... Second, it vibrates too and shakes it a lot... I am afraid it might damage some of my pipes in my basement. My house is a 100 year old house and has some issues. So I might disconnect the shaker. I really like it. But, just not the best house to have one in. But, I will be getting a few pipes fixed and I'll be fixing the floor...So, maybe once I do that I can turn it back on.
Besides all of that. Its a really really good game. The ramps are hard to hit, but not impossible, plays really fast. My only beef is I can't really ever look up to check out the animations. I miss over half of them. And during multiballs... Really its so crazy I just look at the two main flippers and hope for the best... Which so far my best game has been over 200 million... Not too bad... I want to get to 300 million... But, only had it for one day... Its a smooth playing game. Don't know if its the best game ever like how its rated. I only played a handful of real pinball machines. But, its a really, really, really good one.

#6910 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

The shaker wont hurt the pin. I bet you've got a crawlspace. The shaking really travels through the subfloor.

No... No crawl space. You can see the floor from the basement. All the pipes are exposed... My house was a flip job sold to me quickly. Not complaining. It was the best house I could afford at the time. In a decent, but old neighborhood. I just got to live her for about 5-6 more years and then I'm going to hopefully afford to be able to move to a bigger/newer house. I want to have an even better pin collection. And currently my house is filled up almost.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday?tu=Diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.