20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (6 years ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (6 years ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (6 years ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (6 years ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (6 years ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (6 years ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Usually a thread about a confirmed new Stern pinball announcement would be bouncing off the walls, not so much now.......

I expect people will be bouncing off the walls. But for the actual announcement, and not the announcement of the announcement.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

My own snarkiness aside... I am excited for this announcement. Even if there’s not a whole lot of innovation in layout I’m expecting that Packer’s artwork will slay.

Did you not see the photos of the Archer layout?
If Stern uses the same layout with 4 flippers, I expect many happy Pinsiders.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I agree it’s one of the least compromised Pros but that’s because the Premium/LEs where the models that got compromised with GOTG - 2 spinners, 2 extra magnets literally right next to the 1 on the pro, molded hands and an opening orb - RGB inserts, lighting & a real backglass don’t count as they should be standard on Prem/LEs.
I am not a maiden fan, don’t think I have ever listened to a single song of theirs but I am super excited to see what Keith comes up with, especially if it’s his Archer design

I can't stand Iron Maiden's music. As in, I'd rather turn the sound off (seriously).
Thank god we can swap out the music to something thats a little more to our liking.
(a.k.a. that Spice Girls pin I always wanted!!!)

#1741 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The whole "upgraded" sound thing for this title is an obvious solution to the Stern team sitting around and talking about how TNA kicks ass and brainstorming what sort of new marketing buzz they needed to general with "upgrading the speakers"

Is that what they were thinking when they did ACDC too?
No wait; that was before TNA.

#1753 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just so there's no confusion, ACDC has a bigger speaker sitting in the bottom of the cab, and it sounds fine, but it's nothing special.
TNA has a proper sub woofer, with a tuned ported bass chamber. There's no comparing them. ACDC is incapable out of the box of putting out the bass TNA has.
I can attest to this personally having owned both games now.
Details for the curious: http://www.scottdanesi.com/?p=757

True dat but the point was that Stern is not likely to be “reacting” to TNA, by adding the speaker upgrade on Maiden.
They’ve added this type of upgrade previously.

#1826 6 years ago

No way will Stern use the Pro translite for the LE package.

#1895 6 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Im super pumped about this pin!
I can't believe we're finally getting an Iron Maiden pin and it looks way better than I expected it to be.
The only disappointment so far are the people who already are talking about either re-theming or changing the music on this machine. Seriously, if you don't like the music buy a different music pin with music you like instead. Just crazy even thinking or considering something like that. If anyone actually does that, they should be blacklisted from the hobby forever.
Unless you take a Rolling Stones machine and turn it into an Iron Maiden pin. Then you get pass

I’m strongly considering risking my pinball card by changing the music. Iron Maiden is not something I enjoyed growing up, nor do I appreciate the music. That said, the artwork, flow, callouts and sound effects look really great for this game.
(Even Elwin said something like: “It’s great music for a pinball machine” when asked if he liked Maiden. -NOT exactly what you might call a glowing endorsement)

That said, I’m dying to see the video again (or a new one) because it seemed like it might be ok turned down, more as background music than blaring/distracting music to listen to while playing. The callouts were very prominent. The sound effects sounded great (love the spinner hits).

What will determine whether I redo it with pinball browser is whether the rules are tied in to the music -and it seems as though they are. As I recall, Run to the Hills was about hitting orbits. (Or was that fear of the dark?) and Aces high was combo shots to shoot down other planes? Like, it might just be better in the long run to turn it down a little and learn to live with it.

Either way, I’m super stoked for this title which says a lot since I don’t like the band. Stern appears to have hit another home run and it’s great to see so many people excited about it. Especially many who were “done” with Stern NIB purchases.

#1902 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Agreed, Maiden songs tell a story.

Fair comment, but so did my cat when I stepped on his tail and that wasn’t something I wish to listen to repeatedly.

#2084 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I fired up Iron Maiden on Spotify today in hopes to find a new appreciation for this mullet music
Still sucks (IMO, no offense, Geneva convention, etc)
Those of you claiming to be fans... do you like the actual music or do you just like the "heavy metal" image/stereotype?
I'm likely to buy one if coded well & the Premium is loaded with ill shit + Egypt art, which rumors support.
But dang, are you Maiden fans really fans?

I share your lack of appreciation for the music.
Question for you though: do you think if we were to sub in the instrumental versions instead, it might actually be pretty awesome?

#2166 6 years ago

I didn’t mean to insult any Maiden fans with my comments.
Still, the game looks amazing but the music is like nails on a chalkboard to some of us non-fans.
I would say it’s similar to the way many of you have swapped out the call outs on Walking Dead,to use Clelands version instead.

The best take away on this whole music commentary thing is that Sterns newest title looks to be so great that even the non-Maiden fans want to get one!

#2245 6 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Was he shooting for the left ramp specifically? I'm not worried at all. Everyone will get used to it.

All I could think while watching him play was “why is he just swatting at the ball?”.

I wouldn’t worry about the left ramp just yet. If Keith has designed a mode where combos are expected, I bet it’ll be a makeable shot, even if it’s tight.

#2246 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Not really, as the French Chef from the Muppets spoke French, ostensibly, while the men who shared their IMDN game with us were speaking Danish.

The “Swedish Chef” is French?

#2277 6 years ago

On a Facebook, Deadflip says he’s got something happening on Tuesday.
I’m guessing it’s showing the Premium model.
Here’s hoping.

2 weeks later
#3410 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You seem to like rollercoaster tycoon better........

Roller Coaster tycoon didn’t reject his membership application.

#3644 6 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

We should be thanking Stern, the thrill of anticipation is almost always better than actually getting what you were waiting for.

I’VE NEVER FELT SO ALIVE!!!!!

#4452 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It sucks that you gotta just throw your money on faith, and when the Premium is finally revealed hope you're not mad at yourself.

I’ll bet it sucks far more when you’re trying to keep people working an assembly line while juggling licensees and their complete disregard for your timelines.

The cream on top is reading comments from your customer base that you’re not getting things done fast enough.

No disrespect to your post as I’m in complete agreement. When considering whether to pay the extra for an LE, it’s nice to know what you get for a cheaper priced Premium.

Licensees suck.

#4669 5 years ago

Iron Maiden: not the only thing revealed in this thread.
Unfortunately.

#5167 5 years ago

Played it today (finally) and was blown-away. I’m no longer concerned about swapping out the music. What a victory for Stern. This game is going to sell huge numbers.

#5462 5 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

I feel like everyone needs to calm down.... it was a photo of 1 cabinet. For all we know it was dropped off a dolly or forklift before the show and they decided to still put it on the floor.... I’ve seen so so many photos of other games and none had an issue.... everyone needs to CHILL. Jeez. What’s up with pinside always giving in to mass hysteria?

In all fairness to the Doomsday crowd, there were two cabinets that were cracked. The games were side by side, delivered to the same distributor. I spoke with them many times between Thursday and Saturday, and was told that those were the only two cabinet issues they had seen. There were (best guess?) maybe 8 Iron Maiden Pros on demo, and I didn’t see any others with similar issues.

So let’s keep an eye out and report back with any others that might also be cracked, but keep things in check until then.
(Though after reading the last few pages on this thread, that appears to be too late for some people. Meh, whatever. I fell in love in Allentown and can’t wait to get my Iron Maiden pin!)

#5519 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

While that is certainly true, a couple bad cabinets should make us ask some questions. These items are expensive. We need to know what to do to help prevent what happened on those two games from happening on our games.
If Stern is aware of what caused the problem on those two games and has addressed it themselves that’s all well and good, but I’ve not seen an indication such is the case.

One report (of 2 side by side machines from Allentown), and you're suggesting that Stern owes us an explanation?
Wrong. They owe 2 potential buyers replacement cabinets is all.
I think we owe it to each other to keep an eye out and report cabinet issues. I also think we owe it to each other to keep things in perspective and not blow things out of proportion.

#5522 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

There were other reports from a show few weeks ago with some damaged cabs also. Not many have really shipped yet so i hope it was just those 4 or 5 with issues . Guess time will tell if it becomes a little more comnon as more get into the hands of folks.

Can you provide a link, please? I see another cab with damage but it's not a new Iron Maiden and it was shipped with legs on, not boxed, new from a distributor.

#5533 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Apparently it was at the mgc show?

If you're referring to the playfields, yes. I didnt see pictures but do recall someone saying that a couple defective playfields had to be sent back.
That's not cabinet issues.

So again, I'd love to see what you're referring to. Could it be that you were just mistaken? Happens to the best of us.

#5665 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Agree, And Stern verified it was reinspected, checked out by Stern employees, reboxed and is now considered to be new in box.
All in an hour and a half.

Stern told you that, or the distributor did?

#5771 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I work for one of their distributors. I'm glad I got this machine and not one of our less technically inclined customers. My dream job would be in QC at Stern!! But then I'd have to live in Chicago. LOL
Posting here not really to bash Stern but provide solutions should anyone else run across them. I'm sure I'm not alone. Hehe

I appreciate the post, thank you. If everyone does this, pretty soon all the solutions to tweak any new game can be found.
Hope you have a better day with your new pin tomorrow!

#6360 5 years ago

I like the look of that pin but can I get it in cornflower blue?

#6386 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

How that qualifies as "fundamentally flawed" - in your words - NOT MINE - is laughable. Move on.

Quoted from kpg:

This is the captive ball for the sarcophagus lock.
It literally rocks back and forth in this plastic "cup" like plastic piece. Not sure who designed it but they should rethink this thing.

You DO realize that your old posts are still viewable, right?

#6401 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Thanks for proving my point Flyn... On how damn sensitive you guys can get.
Big deal.
I fixed the problem as stated before, but you are such a baby you can't drop it. Always need something to complain about another Pinsider and attack them.
Do you even own an Iron Maiden pin and have skin in the game? Or are you here to just whine about any post you deem worthy of crying about ?

I think you’re proving his point, KPG. You were so quick to jump on here, announcing your problems -not in a “help me fix the this” manner, but instead, a “farkin Stern sucks!” manner.
So the only one coming across as a baby is you. Look at all the other posts from Pinsiders tweaking their new games.
Somehow everyone else is happy and playing nice. You on the other hand...

FYI: LE awaiting for pickup tomorrow. So don’t even bother asking.

#6409 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Right on!
So do you know where the external amplification / line-out connector is? It's on the feature matrix from Stern. Figured you are the man with all the answers so thought I'd give you a crack at it.

Nadda, sorry. I use an external amp with gator clips. If there’s a better way to connect it, I’m all ears and would appreciate learning about it, thanks!

#6599 5 years ago
Quoted from Hunico:

I have oportunity ti buy pro or le!!
Anyone can help??
Thanks

If you have the extra cash, go LE.
If you want 90% of the game for half the money, get the Pro!
Both are awesome.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday?tu=Chambahz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.