20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (6 years ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (6 years ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (6 years ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (6 years ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (6 years ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (6 years ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Asael.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#185 6 years ago

Saturday Night my Pub is full with people crying for beer and every free Minute I am running to my phone to watch if there are finaly news about the Iron Maiden Game.

#1437 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

For the record, Bruce Dickinson does NOT sing falsetto. He hits those high notes using full voice. He is a classically trained singer, no falsetto here! Think Bee Gees for falsetto or The Darkness.

From where do you have this? I am a Fan of Iron Maiden, but I think Bruce sings sometimes with a head voice, yes he does use his guts and all the rest too. And it doesn‘t realy matter to me, it sounds great.

#1832 6 years ago

I Hope it‘s something like this:

FC19821E-06F4-4D94-930D-AB8AC82CC195 (resized).jpegFC19821E-06F4-4D94-930D-AB8AC82CC195 (resized).jpeg

#1836 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok that is very cool! Where did you find that? I have not seen it before.

F0C9F7EE-7D60-4079-96E3-55BA77114B6D (resized).jpegF0C9F7EE-7D60-4079-96E3-55BA77114B6D (resized).jpeg

#1873 6 years ago

I think the "RGBeacon" that is mentioned in the Features Matrix will be the Flasher we saw on the Archer Prototype? The same that is on the JJPPotc. That will be cool!!!

#1983 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Well the entire back of the playfield is a 3D "toy" on the Prem/LE with the egyptian temple being a 4 layer plastic that has depth, and the ramp target a central focal point. I think you need to see the game in person to appreciate that it doesn't in fact, need another central toy at all.

Have you seen it?

#2117 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I’m not a Maiden fan, or hater, as I’ve really never listened to that genre of music. The thing I find interesting from reading this thread is the story behind the music and wonder how knowledge of the Maiden story help in understanding the game rules.
So...for those that know the band and have studied the inserts on the game does the story of the game follow an existing Maiden story? -TIA

The game will follow from what they have shown us so far in some way the storyline of the "Legacy of the beast" comics:
The hero of these comics is "Eddie" the Iron Maiden mascot, he fought against the devil (The Beast) he got captured and his soul was fragmented. A blind seer girl (The clairvoant) has freed him at the start of the comic story. They go on a quest to find all soul shards that are lost in time and history and in the end to battle against the beast. "Eddie is an embodiment of free will, a chaotic spirit, the unseen catalyst during crucial turning points in history. The spark that lights the flame." The beast wants "to crush every soul with conformity", so "life becomes a grey grind", cause "when you eliminate drive, imagination and the ability to express oneself, what remains is easier to control."
The seer girl will be the mistery award giver in the pinball game. And the final wizard mode will be the battle in the underworld against the beast. And for the soul shards they have to visit Maiden songs. Cause "the aspects of his soul rent and riven from his form to fuel the agents of his adversary".
I like this story alot!!!! Perfect for Metal, Perfect for Maiden and Perfect for pinball!

#2120 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm holding out for a Hall & Oats pinball
Sure, some may say "I cant go for that, no can do" but if the layout is good I'd tell Stern "You make my dreams come true"

Music is often selling an image/stereotype.
That's what it has become.
Why else would an entire genre of artists wear cowboy boots & cowboy hats? Or baggy pants & neck tattoos. Isn't it weird the fans @ the concerts dress like the stereotype the artist is projecting?
To me it seems more like marketing than music.
Maybe thats why some folks are so sensitive to someone vocalizing a dislike for this band. It threatens the perceived image of self.
Also. I think Indica hash oil is easy to overdo.

So, what music and bands do you like where there are no kind of stereotypes?

1 week later
#2662 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

From the looks of the game there are no clear inserts really on the playfield? So i dont think there are rgb lights...

Read the Ruleset! "Can I play with madness" is a whole mode around the rgb inserts. And I can't wait to play it!!!!!!

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/iron-maiden/pro/IM%20Backstage%20Pass%20Rules.pdf

#2665 6 years ago

In the stream of the game you can see the rgb inserts too. 1:36:32

Shoot the orange arrows.

#2673 6 years ago

I am on a list for a LE. Cause I realy like Iron Maiden and for me the layout looks awesome and the rules should be fun. But there is something wrong here! Normaly EVERY game I buy no matter how good it is and how much I like it, there are people complaining about this or that. The only negative things I found so far are people that don't like Iron Maiden as a band and so they don't like the music. Come on, this is pinside!!!!!! All this love for a game is unreal. Where are the haters that tell me that the playfield is empty, the art is bad, the rules are boring......just something I can fight against???? All I hear is that it playes awesome!!! It frightens me.....there must be something wrong. Hello? I am buying this game, where are the negative comments about how bad it is? Or am I trapped in the twilight zone?

#2848 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Now I'm *really* worried, as I don't much like Trooper Eddie on horseback. Eddie is such a ferocious beast in Maiden lore that he would have slaughtered any horse that was foolish enough to get near him. I don't care for the cloud-like apparitions behind him, either. It is battlefield though, and to me that's worrisome.

Turn on „The Trooper“! Do you hear the Bass? The song is about a cavalary attack and what you hear are the trampling horses the Bass line is simulating. I don‘t think Eddie on the horse will be the LE artwork. But it would fit the Song.

1 week later
#3407 5 years ago

I think the Backbox of the Le/Prem can be called a giant big toy/gimmick from what we heard so far.

#3499 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

LE backglass has the Panzer tank scene like the Album similar to the album A Matter of Life and Death with The Trooper on the right added in the battle scene. (What I'm told, I've not seen it)

Ok, now it's the first time I am worried about the LE.

#3631 5 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I heard it was yesterday and you all just missed it

Nobody captured the Stream.

#3640 5 years ago

Perhaps they are so busy playing it, so they just forgot to post the pictures?

#3678 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Just saw photos. Not allowed to share them. They were sent to distributors.

And? Thumbs Up or down for the LE?

#4038 5 years ago

I think Zombie Yeti did an unbelievable good job here. We all love the classic Derek Riggs Iron Maiden style. But the Band wants an other style these days and so this game is based on the new tour and the "Legacy of the Beast" comics. Most of the Iron Maiden fans don't know these comics and the merchandising around them and perhaps they don't like this style. Zombie Yeti had to connect the Comic World to the fantasy that hardcore Iron Maiden fans want the games to look. This was not an easy job for Stern and Yeti!!! But I think he did this in an awesome way. The world underclass and on the cabinet brings everything together. It has now a coherent style and I thought that would not be possible. Now they only have to work more on the LCD animation and this could be a perfect theme integration in my opinion.

Edit: And for the premiums, I don't think they will base these on the powerslave album. They will be based on the Powerslave/Desert World of the comics. You can see the mummy-eddie art on the pro translite.

#4256 5 years ago

The game is based on the Comics!!! It‘s not based on World War Reality. In the Comic you have flying jetback Zombies:

502945D4-07F4-411E-8E0C-FEF38D2CBD86 (resized).jpeg502945D4-07F4-411E-8E0C-FEF38D2CBD86 (resized).jpeg

#4262 5 years ago

One more thing, the video is not so good but if they would play the handy game intro in the attract mode of the pinball machine I think we would have a complete background story for this game. There you can see how the fragments of Eddies soul are shattered after the fight against the beast. And why he has to collect them again in the game to battle the beast again. It would be perfect if they could get it:

#4546 5 years ago

There was a link to Hi Res pictures here on pinside

1 week later
#5756 5 years ago

Not long ago I thought the animations are the only weak point of this game, but they are getting better and better. And now this Match Sequence looks awesome! Well done Stern!

#6162 5 years ago

Argh Stern!!! Now I don‘t know, Premium or LE

3 weeks later
#6957 5 years ago

Cover of the new Legacy of the Beast Comic:

34810748_2010354479181416_9213080298781147136_o.jpg34810748_2010354479181416_9213080298781147136_o.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Asael.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday?tu=Asael and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.