20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 144.
#401 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's literally what a teaser video is.

I’ll give you that, BUT that has to be literally the bare bones least amount of info possible. No flashes of art on the pf, or music playing that will be in it? Or ... anything? At all? Nothing. The good news unlike most teasers where the reveal is usually months or years away I think we will get a reveal way sooner than that which makes this teaser so ridiculously void.

#402 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

No one read my post?

I did but I thought you were teasing!

#403 6 years ago

Is there one for Sale yet, posted in the Pinside Market??

#405 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

That gold lettering has me worried about the art package...

Attempt #3 to sell WWE LE trimmings incoming ...

#406 6 years ago

In the coming days, I for one am looking forward to blurry low res pictures on IGN followed by higher res pics 4-5 days later on social media followed by 2 weeks later, a Jack Danger stream live from Sterns factory after hours on a Wednesday.

#407 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Nailed it! Home run teaser!!!
Am I the only one that thinks this was a good job? Come on fellas, no need to be afraid of a Pinside shunning. Let’s admit it was pretty good.

Whatever it is that you’re smoking. Pass it on to me

#408 6 years ago

Snoop Dog next!

#409 6 years ago

What an amazing reveal,take my money now!!!!!!

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I’ll give you that, BUT that has to be literally the bare bones least amount of info possible. No flashes of art on the pf, or music playing that will be in it? Or ... anything? At all? Nothing.

I agree but it's a pinside problem. THEY NEVER SAID there would be any pics, or videos, or teasers; none of that.
They said some joker had an announcement aboot the next title, and he announced the next title.
Stern is religiously HORRIBLE when it comes to this stuff, yet every time everyone forgets.

EDIT: I think I'm correct. I see the original post had a video that said the points...I did not watch the video just read the points so if he said more I apologize.

#411 6 years ago
Quoted from RonaldRayGun:

Zach Sharpe is the director of marketing at Stern.

and here I thought that nobody could screw up a game announcement more than the Dankberg.

What a joke.

#412 6 years ago

I guess I’ll have to wait for my Jimmy Buffett

#413 6 years ago
Quoted from RonaldRayGun:

Zach Sharpe is the director of marketing at Stern.

Does he have any marketing experience or did they hire him just cause he was good at pinball?

#414 6 years ago

Anyone have a clip of the actual announcement? I saw the teaser, but missed the moment.

#415 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think I'm correct. I see the original post had a video that said the points...I did not watch the video just read the points so if he said more I apologize.

I don't have Facebook, can someone check out that announcement FB video in the first post of this thread and transcribe what exactly was being promoted? I'd be very curious to get clarity on that to see if Pinside made ourselves crazy or whether it was over promised.

#416 6 years ago

I would buy it

Cartoon dogs, pot leaf & beer bottle art

Martha Stewart Wizard mode

Legit

#417 6 years ago

With how drunk the dude that announced this was I figured maybe Stern was announcing "Octoberfest". What a joke!

#418 6 years ago

I was thinking with the Deadpool 2 movie coming out that Stern would have a Deadpool machine ready, like they did for GOTG.
-Mike

#419 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Whatever it is that you’re smoking. Pass it on to me

Nah man, you don't want none of that, come have some of this Sour D.

#420 6 years ago

I really don't get Stern's advertising strategy.... if there is one.

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Teaser video
» YouTube video

Hilarious! Thanks for leaking

#422 6 years ago

All I can find is this?

Is this everything? This can't be it.

#423 6 years ago

In waited on and off all day for that...

#424 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Is this everything?

Yup! 100% Correctomongo!

#425 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

All I can find is this?
» YouTube video
Is this everything? This can't be it.

Haha. That’s it. Exciting!!!!!!!!! So awesome.

#426 6 years ago

What in the name of sweet fark was that????!! It's like someone put some grade 8 student in charge of marketing.

Seriously, at this point I'm sure they're just doing this to piss off Kaneda.

#427 6 years ago

Super Hero’s or 1980’s bands...... pretty much all Stern makes.

#428 6 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

In waited on and off all day for that...

Yeah, seems like they just slapped something together for the teaser. Timed it right with Alice Cooper reveal and order Monday. One thing for sure, Eddie better be on the damn translite after all this waiting.

#429 6 years ago

yep, super hero, movie/tv show, and old fart rock band, rinse and repeat.

#430 6 years ago

Was this put together by the same putz who created the video submission contest for BMSLE?

#431 6 years ago

No matter how awesome this game will be, this song would definitely take it to the next level!

This is still by far my favorite mashup ever:

#432 6 years ago

If you’re excited now wait until the 2020 “where’s the code” Iron Maiden threads

#433 6 years ago

Everybody already knew what the game was going to be, who cares how they reveal it. This should be a lesson, there hasn't been a surprise reveal since I started this hobby. If you waited all day to find out what we already knew you deserve to have a drunk guy tell you.

#434 6 years ago

Iron Maiden is a dream theme for me. I was really excited for some official news. I parked my butt in front of the tv and did something I’ve never done before...I watched competitive pinball for 3 straight hours and had a few drinks. Sure, the “reveal” video was short and lacked photos. I looked at it as a glass half full thing...I got to watch some amazing players do their thing. Maiden is actually coming and I learned quite a few things about becoming a better player. Time well spent.

#435 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Everybody already knew what the game was going to be, who cares how they reveal it. This should be a lesson, there hasn't been a surprise reveal since I started this hobby. If you waited all day to find out what we already knew you deserve to have a drunk guy tell you.

We weren't hoping to FIND OUT what we already knew, we were hoping for at least some STILL PICTURES of the machine.

#436 6 years ago
Quoted from tmick73:

I looked at it as a glass half full thing...I got to watch some amazing players do their thing.

I looked at it as a glass full of shit thing and then they threw it my face and laughed at me.

#437 6 years ago
Quoted from tmick73:

Iron Maiden is a dream theme for me. I was really excited for some official news. I parked my butt in front of the tv and did something I’ve never done before...I watched competitive pinball for 3 straight hours and had a few drinks. Sure, the “reveal” video was short and lacked photos. I looked at it as a glass half full thing...I got to watch some amazing players do their thing. Maiden is actually coming and I learned quite a few things about becoming a better player. Time well spent.

That's the spirit !!! That's what it's all about

#438 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

That will certainly be a kick in the nuts if they're re-using assets from a crappy mobile game ... and from what I've seen, Legacy Of The Beast tour promotional material is hardly the pinnacle of the band's associated art.

It's a mobile game. As for the music videos ... it's kind of derivative of the metal genre - they pioneered or used the 3D rendered videos very early .. and have stuck with it, including the 'primitive' style. Fans seem to like it.

The stuff looks fine..

maiden (resized).jpgmaiden (resized).jpg

The stuff on the web doesn't really convey the game well. This video does a bit better, but it looks great. But its much more focused on the 90s+ stuff and less like the early 80s stuff.

#439 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The stuff looks fine..

The stuff on the web doesn't really convey the game well. This video does a bit better, but it looks great. But its much more focused on the 90s+ stuff and less like the early 80s stuff.
» YouTube video

That art doesnt look bad but it doesn’t look near as good as the 80’s art did. Big mistake if this is the art they are going with.

#440 6 years ago

^^^ Totally agree, not the same.

#441 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We weren't hoping to FIND OUT what we already knew, we were hoping for at least some STILL PICTURES of the machine.

Then we can all complain that Stern shoulda done this and shoulda done that. I can't wait...

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That art doesnt look bad but it doesn’t look near as good as the 80’s art did. Big mistake if this is the art they are going with.

Remember how the awesome Rob Zombie art translated to a pinball machine??? No so much

People have expectations of how pinball art "should" look... and its much more towards outlined, comic style and less like the painting style the Maiden album covers were.

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Remember how the awesome Rob Zombie art translated to a pinball machine??? No so much
People have expectations of how pinball art "should" look... and its much more towards outlined, comic style and less like the painting style the Maiden album covers were.

I personally think that the RZ artwork is terrible but thats just my opinion of course. The new Iron Maiden artwork looks like childs play compared to the 80’s artwork. Its not terrible but it’s definitely not as good as the old stuff.

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

RZ wasn't a problem of the art or art style "not translating" to pinball but poor art direction. A more skilled art director who has done other pinball projects could have done a much better job with Rob Zombie (especially on the playfield).

#445 6 years ago

Hell this teaser vid from Rascal_H was more informative. At least it had a pinball in it!

(Here it is again hah)

#446 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I personally think that the RZ artwork is terrible but thats just my opinion of course. The new Iron Maiden artwork looks like childs play compared to the 80’s artwork. Its not terrible but it’s definitely not as good as the old stuff.

You're also comparing basically portraits vs dynamic stuff that has to move, animate, etc. Different styles have different constraints.

What we do know is they've picked up on the Legacy of the Beast theme.. so it's not going to be the 80s art simply rehashed.

Since most people don't seem to be familiar with the game here.. I don't think people need to be freaking out. But it will be interesting to see if they shift the bias of the tracks and characters to the older stuff. The game has quite a blend.. even from the unpopular 90s themes.

For instance... Brave New World is very prominent in the game.. or even stuff from Dance of Death.. not necessarily deep track stuff, but there is a lot of that in there and not just stuff from the 80s

#447 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

RZ wasn't a problem of the art or art style "not translating" to pinball but poor art direction. A more skilled art director who has done other pinball projects could have done a much better job with Rob Zombie (especially on the playfield).

Things like the cabinet are stand-alone... and still just don't 'fit' even tho being great art on its own. I think people fixating on portraits or static painting style wouldn't find that simply mapped to pins all that attractive.

#448 6 years ago

Well that was bogus... what a laughable anticlimactic marking stunt.

#449 6 years ago

IMG_4189 (resized).JPGIMG_4189 (resized).JPG

#450 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

yep, super hero, movie/tv show, and old fart rock band, rinse and repeat.

And it all sells pretty well. Imagine that...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/9?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.