20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 144.
#4701 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Look, I agree IMDN Pro is an awesome game and will outsell the LE/Premium, but we’re talking features here: MET Pro does have more features than IMDN Pro. Plus, it was about $1500 less! I’m not sure why there is an argument. It’s a fact that this is a stripped game. Doesn’t make it any less fun. One of my favorite games of all time, IM, is pretty stripped down too.
MET:
1) In-line drops (3)
2) Custom-molded cross (not motorized)
3) Custom shaking Sparky bash toy
4) Sparky magnet
5) Custom-molded snake scoop
6) Captive ball
7) Graveyard magnet
8 ) Mystery scoop
9) Laser etched Ramps w/ wire-forms
10) Up-post divertor (1)
IMDN:
1) Bullseye target
2) Laser etched Ramps w/ wire-forms
3) Up-post divertor (2)
4) Captive ball
5) Spinners (2)
PS: Spike is a downgrade from SAM too.

I don't disagree, but to be fair, you need to make these additions in a feature comparison:

Metallica Pro
flippers (2)
ramps (2)

Iron Maiden Pro
flippers (4)
drop targets (3)
color LCD (1)
RGB inserts (6)
ramps (3)

#4702 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Look, I agree IMDN Pro is an awesome game and will outsell the LE/Premium, but we’re talking features here: MET Pro does have more features than IMDN Pro. Plus, it was about $1500 less! I’m not sure why there is an argument. It’s a fact that this is a stripped game. Doesn’t make it any less fun. One of my favorite games of all time, IM, is pretty stripped down too.
MET:
1) In-line drops (3)
4) Sparky magnet
6) Captive ball
7) Graveyard magnet
8 ) Mystery scoop
10) Up-post divertor (1)
IMDN:
1) Bullseye target
3) Up-post divertor (2)
4) Captive ball
5) Spinners (2)

lol, nice 'unbiased' comparison. Here, let's see if I can add more to this with my 'unbiased' thoughts:

MET:
- A-Typical Fan layout: Check
- Unoriginal design: Check
- Uninspring lars call outs: Check
- Grinding woodchopping rules: check

IMDN:
- Inventive layout: Check
- Creative Ruleset: Check
- Amazing Sounds and Call outs: Check
- Blows MET out of the water: Check

P.S - Good luck finding a MET NIB for $1500; might be a good investment opportunity if you can.

EDIT: but to be fair, MET really is an awesome pin. It's just no IMDN

#4703 5 years ago

What time is the deadflip stream tomorrow? I am beyond anxious to see the LE in action!

#4704 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What time is the deadflip stream tomorrow? I am beyond anxious to see the LE in action!

It's gonna be awesome! hope this one gets recorded, will probably miss the live show

#4705 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

MET:
1) In-line drops (3)
4) Sparky magnet
6) Captive ball
7) Graveyard magnet
8 ) Mystery scoop
10) Up-post divertor (1)
IMDN:
1) Bullseye target
3) Up-post divertor (2)
4) Captive ball
5) Spinners (2)

Im with u but maidien also has 2 more flippers, extra ramp, rgb inserts, 3 drop targets and a lcd if thats a upgrade from a dmd? Met has excellent dots.

#4706 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

lol, nice 'unbiased' comparison. Here, let's see if I can add more to this with my 'unbiased' thoughts:
MET:
IMDN:
P.S - Good luck finding a MET NIB for $1500; might be a good investment opportunity if you can.

Let's not get too carried away. The "power" pyramid can be pretty "wood choppy" with its requirements to advance. Granted you get that cool lightning sound when you make it, but it's still repetitive.

#4707 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

MET:
IMDN:

I agree with all you said...we’re talking materials here, not intangibles (which this game has in spades)!!!

So defensive.

#4708 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Im with u but maidien also has 2 more flippers, extra ramp, rgb inserts, 3 drop targets and a lcd if thats a upgrade from a dmd? Met has excellent dots.

Checkmate!

#4709 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Let's not get too carried away. The "power" pyramid can be pretty "wood choppy" with its requirements to advance. Granted you get that cool lightning sound when you make it, but it's still repetitive.

Wow; of all the rules in the game I thought the pyramid offered the most breadth and less grind as you progress through all the aspects no matter what is happening in the game.

#4710 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I agree with all you said...we’re talking materials here, not intangibles (which this game has in spades)!!!
So defensive.

Not defensive, just calling a spade a spade - see posts above. Have a g'night pimp. Pinball is fun, don't take it too seriously or penny pinch yourself to death; it won't be a fun hobby if you do. Enjoy the show tomorrow

#4711 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

MET:
1) In-line drops (3)
4) Sparky magnet
6) Captive ball
7) Graveyard magnet
8 ) Mystery scoop
10) Up-post divertor (1)
IMDN:
1) Bullseye target
3) Up-post divertor (2)
4) Captive ball
5) Spinners (2)

A plastic grave marker means nothing
Magnets not really a big deal
IMDN pro has 2 spinners, MET none
MET has 2 scoops thats nice
Sparky is kinda cool
IMDN has one.more up post diverter
IMDN has 4 flippers
IMDN has a LCD, MET has a DMD

That all seems pretty even to me honestly and the cost of the 2 games are probably the same now because they always tack on the price increases to older games too. MET is amazing, but it definitely doesnt kick Iron Maidens ass by any means and its possible that IMDN might end up being the better game even or at least as good. Sorry but i just dont see IMDN being stripped down compared to MET at all.

#4712 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Wow; of all the rules in the game I thought the pyramid offered the most breadth and less grind as you progress through all the aspects no matter what is happening in the game.

I like the implementation, but let's be honest, distilled, it's still just really flashy chopping wood. X number of spinners, X number of targets, X number of pop bumpers, X number of orbits, X number of ramps to advance. Quotas for each are the definition of chopping wood.

#4713 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

2 pm PST

#4714 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't disagree, but to be fair, you need to make these additions:
Metallica Pro
flippers (2)
Iron Maiden Pro
flippers (4)
drop targets (3)
color LCD (1)

Yep, missed the drops. Are we counting flippers and the display as features? Maybe the extra flippers, but the display is standard issue.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not defensive, just calling a spade a spade - see posts above. Have a g'night pimp. Pinball is fun, don't take it too seriously or penny pinch yourself to death; it won't be a fun hobby if you do. Enjoy the show tomorrow

Ok, but we’re arguing different points. We agree the game rocks!! Excited to see the LE gameplay!

#4715 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

IMDN pro has 2 spinners, MET none
MET has 2 scoops thats nice
Sparky is kinda cool
IMDN has one.more up post diverter
IMDN has 4 flippers
IMDN has a LCD, MET has a DMD
That all seems pretty even to me honestly and the cost of the 2 games are probably the same now because they always tack on the price increases to older games too. MET is amazing, but it definitely doesnt kick Iron Maidens ass by any means and its possible that IMDN might end up being the better game even or at least as good. Sorry but i just dont see IMDN being stripped down compared to MET at all.

Really magnets are no big deal? They are my favorite things on a pin in most cases and met really fights u back... especially the sparky one.

#4716 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yep, missed the drops. Are we counting flippers and the display as features? Maybe the extra flippers, but the display is standard issue.

Ok, but we’re arguing different points. We agree the game rocks!! Excited to see the LE gameplay!

We're absolutely counting displays since getting a color one on Metallica Pro will run you $400 more from ColorDMD yet it's included with Iron Maiden Pro.

And extra flippers absolutely are features that directly impact gameplay (more than static crosses, no?).

#4717 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh Who-Dey, you are entertaining!

#4718 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Really magnets are no big deal? They are my favorite things on a pin in most cases and met really fights u back... especially the sparky one.

Magnets are fun but i wouldn't upgrade to a Premium just to get a couple magnets and im not disappointed that IMDN doesn't have them either. Lots of great games dont have magnets.

#4719 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yea magnet comment was odd to me.... they add alot to gameplay impo . Really love when met holds it in the graveyard to knock off for super jackpots.....

#4720 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Well i mean seriously lol, you think a plastic cross is a big deal? Hell buy one for a fifty cents and glue it in to a IMDN game. You can argue the magnets a little maybe but not a damn little plastic cross.

#4721 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea magnet comment was odd to me.... they add alot to gameplay impo . Really love when met holds it in the graveyard to knock off for super jackpots.....

I just dont find them to be a huge deal. Shit, give me a spinner any day over a magnet!

#4722 5 years ago

I enjoy the band Maiden More than Metallica. I enjoy both pins. I do feel that as great and differnt Iron Maiden is with tons of shots still wanted a little more (or features) in the premium/le game.

#4723 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just dont find them to be a huge deal. Shit, give me a spinner any day over a magnet

Depends how they are implemented, magnets are usually cooler than a spinner. Think myst on BSD or the magnet array on TAF...spinners can’t reallt touch those games’ magnet action. That said, not all magnets are created equal, some are not implemented well.

#4724 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I enjoy the band Maiden More than Metallica. I enjoy both pins. I do feel that as great and differnt Iron Maiden is with tons of shots still wanted a little more (or features) in the premium/le game.

Im not sure what more you could ask for really other than a Eddie bash toy or something? What else did you have in mind?

#4725 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Depends how they are implemented, magnets are usually cooler than a spinner. Think myst on BSD or the magnet array on TAF...spinners can’t reallt touch those games’ magnet action. That said, not all magnets are created equal, some are not implemented well.

Thats true but the magnets we are talking about here do nothing other than catching and holding a ball and maybe fling it when they release. Theres nothing better than ripping a couple of spinners on a pinball machine! As crazy as it may sound, that was one of the reasons that i got a MET Premium over the Pro. Im glad that they put the spinners on the IMDN Pro also because all pinball machines should have spinners imo.

#4726 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im not sure what more you could ask for really other than a Eddie bash toy or something? What else did you have in mind?

Maybe a cannon that popped up in the middle like Black Rose, the center shot to go through back of game like LOTR, it has a tons of shots and ramps which I love and plays great but still wanted more as always bu5 specially in this game since I wanted made for past 5 years, the back pyramid castle to stick out like Alice Cooper castle, an Eddie in the corner I guess, not sure but Metallica has the snake, Cross, hammer, sparky, and coffin. Also I wanted a scope instead of the ball on left. Like TZ, Adams Family have more features in them for an older game. Just want a lot in new games today with technology.

#4727 5 years ago

Maybe a cannon that popped up in the middle like Black Rose, the center shot to go through back of game like LOTR, it has a tons of shots and ramps which I love and plays great but still wanted more as always bu5 specially in this game since I wanted made for past 5 years, the back pyramid castle to stick out like Alice Cooper castle, an Eddie in the corner I guess, not sure but Metallica has the snake, Cross, hammer, sparky, and coffin. Also I wanted a scope instead of the ball on left.

I can understand that there are things you would change but this game isnt a disappointment in any way i don't think. Have you played IMDN yet and seen how good it is? It's unbelievable!!!

#4728 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I can understand that there are things you would change but this game isnt a disappointment in any way i don't think. Have you played IMDN yet and seen how good it is? It's unbelievable!!!

Yes I played two weeks ago, not saying it’s not great and I enjoyed and would love to own. Just always want more in games I guess that’s all, can’t help it as wanted this game made since I joined pinside so maybe I thought about it forever. Just like AC/DC I wanted more in game as well.

#4729 5 years ago

Yes I played two weeks ago, not saying it’s not great and I enjoyed and would love to own. Just always want more in games I guess that’s all, can’t help it as wanted this game made since I joined pinside so maybe I thought about it forever. Just like AC/DC I wanted more in game as well.

If you have always wanted a Maiden Pin i think you will love this game for sure and if its a dream theme for you i would splurge for the Premium. I like Iron Maiden but i wasnt going to buy this game and after i saw how much fun it is, now i want one.

#4730 5 years ago

Well today is the big day guys. Are the Premium/LE features going to be worth the extra money or not? Im talking strictly from a gameplay standpoint and nothing else. This thread is literally going to catch on fire tonight!

#4731 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I like the implementation, but let's be honest, distilled, it's still just really flashy chopping wood. X number of spinners, X number of targets, X number of pop bumpers, X number of orbits, X number of ramps to advance. Quotas for each are the definition of chopping wood.

LOL Let's be honest? Yea, lets...the breadth and depth combination in IMDN and lack of chopping wood is exactly why it's being considered one of the greatest pins alive by a good majority of players, good players at that. Nice try, but you may want to reassess your argument on what chopping wood means. lets look at some other great pins, ones that I like a lot, but that could be considered chopping wood - Games that you have to play a dozen (or more) modes in linear fashion with not a single one of them being stackable; with wizard modes only accessible via playing those modes with no other main objectives to progress to wizard modes and not being able to stack a single one of the modes (i.e. DI, TF, ST). Or having to hit a bash target 100 times to progress (i.e. MM, MET).

Chopping wood is NOT having multiple things occur for a single shot (i.e. Iron Maiden) or having 3-4 different ways to achieve different wizard modes (i.e. IMDN). Or having a board full of insert matrix's and being able to progress through them simulateously (i.e...I'll give you a hint; rhymes with Shmiron Shmaiden).

#4732 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well today is the big day guys. Are the Premium/LE features going to be worth the extra money or not? Im talking strictly from a gameplay standpoint and nothing else. This thread is literally going to catch on fire tonight!

I can't wait! I am really interested in how the sarcophagus works and what the underworld scoop does.

#4733 5 years ago

The amount of crap on the playfield doesn’t really determine if a game is good or not.

AFM has almost nothing and it’s one of the best game ever.

So all the counting of spinners and whatnot is secondary to how it plays, and it plays great. Both MET and Maiden play great.

#4734 5 years ago

I can’t wait either. I think the added features are going to be awesome.

Worth the added price? Hell no. Not for me. I’d rather get another game than go from pro to premium on pretty much any game.

But I can’t wait to see this, and better yet, play it.

#4735 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

The amount of crap on the playfield doesn’t really determine if a game is good or not.
So all the counting of spinners and whatnot is secondary to how it plays, and it plays great. Both MET and Maiden play great.

El Dorado City of Gold has 15 drop targets! Metallica only has 3.

#4736 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

MET:
IMDN:
EDIT: but to be fair, MET really is an awesome pin. It's just no IMDN

The HUGE difference to me is the "unoriginal design" of MET, still a great pin but creative and different is what I look for!

#4737 5 years ago

When is the LE stream today? Feadflip?

#4738 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

When is the LE stream today? Feadflip?

Deadflip at 4:00 Central US

#4739 5 years ago

I hope this one is archived since I'll probably miss the first 90 mins of it

#4740 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

True. But the custom flying saucers on AFM are awesome. Stern would've just screen printed them on a flat piece of plastic and screwed them on. That's the kind of cheapness crap that turns me off of spending my coin on them.

#4741 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

True. But the custom flying saucers on AFM are awesome. Stern would've just screen printed them on a flat piece of plastic and screwed them on. That's the kind of cheapness crap that turns me off of spending my coin on them.

#4742 5 years ago

Anyone else get a craving for Arby's after playing their Iron Maiden? I swear the call outs sound just like the dude from the commercial...

#4743 5 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Anyone else get a craving for Arby's after playing their Iron Maiden? I swear the call outs sound just like the dude from the commercial...

My 8 year old girl LOVES mocking his deep voice lol WE HAVE THE MEATS!!!

#4745 5 years ago

The call outs in this game are awesome. I've had mine for about 2 weeks and I'm still hearing new call outs that are funny as hell or right on point.

#4746 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I agree that AFM is one of the best games ever. But to make a big deal out of the saucers as significant toys is a stretch... I sold my AFMr and bought a BM66 with no regrets. It is packed with great gadgets and super high quality. There is a different feel to Stern for sure, but in a good way.

Anyhow, back to IMDN! I'm waiting for the stream to decide on the LE vs Premium!

#4747 5 years ago

Considering Deadflip's LE stream starts in a few hours I'm surprised images of the LE (and/or Prem) have not yet been released by the band and are not on Stern's website yet. They couldn't release the photos last week because the band had the rights to release them first...

So are we in for another stream that won't be recorded? Or will they stream at all?

Also, on a side note... SHOW ME MY PREMIUM!!!!

#4748 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I can’t wait either. I think the added features are going to be awesome.
Worth the added price? Hell no. Not for me. I’d rather get another game than go from pro to premium on pretty much any game.
But I can’t wait to see this, and better yet, play it.

Yeah, the jump from a Pro to a Premium just doesn't seem to pencil out here. Maiden Pro plays so well there is no way I'm paying another $1700 or so to step up.

#4749 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

Considering Deadflip's LE stream starts in a few hours I'm surprised images of the LE (and/or Prem) have not yet been released by the band and are not on Stern's website yet. They couldn't release the photos last week because the band had the rights to release them first...
So are we in for another stream that won't be recorded? Or will they stream at all?
Also, on a side note... SHOW ME MY PREMIUM!!!!

Stern != Deadflip.. So they are still within the terms.

#4750 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Stern != Deadflip.. So they are still within the terms.

They said the terms were the band has to release first? I guess if they don't record the stream that might not break the rules, but I don't see how it's not breaking the rules if they do record it, unless "stream" somehow gets around the legalities of first right to show images.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.50
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/95?hl=vividpsychosis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.