20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 144.
#4551 5 years ago

Zombie Yeti certainly knows how to create beautiful pinball art.

#4552 5 years ago

I love the look of the LE

It’s a different color scheme from all my other pins and

It’s a Yeti piece of amazing art

#4553 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I love the look of the LE
It’s a different color scheme from all my other pins and
It’s a Yeti piece of amazing art

........for Christmas!

#4554 5 years ago

Nice pic, but stern photoshops it big time. Pic doesn’t show any light bleed from the back target light, but it’s there. I used black duct tape to prevent the bleeding,

#4555 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

........for Christmas!

Wow real real funny, first time i read that
Pinside got some real comedien around , the 8 years old and under will love those jokes !

#4556 5 years ago
Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

Yea the 10 number may have been more like 10 allocated. People will find them where they can though! Did you get one Dan?

Yes I did

#4557 5 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Wow real real funny, first time i read that
Pinside got some real comedien around , the 8 years old and under will love those jokes !

he's a friend of mine go take your s$@# somewhere else. I'm real sorry your butt hurt about a little fun jabbing ya 2 year old

#4558 5 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I have played all the latest Sterns, even the ones that have 4 flippers like GoT but for some reason this felt different, more amplified. Can't put my finger in it, maybe it's just me

It's not just you. I was at Sunshine last weekend. Played the game quite a bit and thought the same thing to myself. Later, was having a drink in the middle of the back room. The flippers in the iron maiden could be heard far more distinctly than anything else in that back room. I remember thinking several times that those flippers are loud. I understand it has 4 flippers, but there were people playing GOT right in front of us and it didn't have that sound. It wasn't bothersome or annoying to me, but it was clearly a louder and more distinct flipper sound.

#4559 5 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Here is a mod that should help with your loud flipper problem.
It deactivates the upper flippers when not in use.
http://www.flippp.fr/pisim.php

Thanks I may give that a try... turning off the top two mechs when not in use might make a big difference.

#4560 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

........for Christmas!

That too Billy, gonna roll it out during the holidays into the living room next to my Xmas tree!

#4561 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That too Billy, gonna roll it out during the holidays into the living room next to my Xmas tree!

I'm in for a premium no matter what colors the art is! Hoping something nice for spring you know the yellows to sand colors, you know the Egyptian theme!

#4562 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I'm in for a premium no matter what colors the art is! Hoping something nice for spring you know the yellows to sand colors, you know the Egyptian theme!

I heard it's green and red....

#4563 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

I doubt the green and red will look bad in person. I'm pretty sure the premium will be similar, being that all models are based on the game, not old IM art. That being said, Pharaoh Eddie will look awesome, and the machine might get yellow/blue, which would be cool.

Pharoah EddiePharoah Eddie

pharaoh eddie2 (resized).jpgpharaoh eddie2 (resized).jpg

#4564 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

So you don't like him stirring the pot, but its ok for you to do it?

#4565 5 years ago

Even Dairy Queen is excited my Maiden is arriving tomorrow!

20180429_182715 (resized).jpg20180429_182715 (resized).jpg

#4566 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

#4567 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Actually no it’s red and green

#4568 5 years ago

No premie yet?

#4569 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

No premie yet?

Nope, nothing yet. I’m wondering what the delay could be for as the LEs are sold out so Stern need not fear the premium causing LEs to sit. Also, I hear the premiums won’t be shipping till June...which is a bummer.

#4570 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Nope, nothing yet. I’m wondering what the delay could be

Ironmaiden.com have the rights to publically announce the Premium and LE. I'm hearing it will be Monday or Tuesday.

#4571 5 years ago

Come on Tiger, join me in the pit.
Deposit sent.

#4572 5 years ago

Is DeadFlip showing the LE at the stern factory or at a different location?

#4573 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Come on Tiger, join me in the pit.
Deposit sent

Oh, I am in for sure bro, just not sure if it’s a premium or pro for me.

#4574 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That’s where I’m sitting exactly.
Just sold my TWD pro two days ago and perched ready to order, the first NIB for me!
UP THE IRONS!!!

#4575 5 years ago

LE's were so good, Stern decided to take a moment and self reflect. Prem pics delayed.

#4576 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

LE's were so good, Stern decided to take a moment and self reflect. Prem pics delayed.

Or the pros were so good thay waited to show the LE’s.?!

#4577 5 years ago

WHY couldn't the LE been the stained glass like on their website...

9227076 (resized).jpg9227076 (resized).jpg

DOgu8LmXcAEYOOS (resized).jpgDOgu8LmXcAEYOOS (resized).jpg

#4578 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

This hallowed Iron Maiden beer has the stained glass look on the label, Iron Maiden’s beer labels are very impressive!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#4579 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I would love to see the Pro model be about as good as the Premium. That would encourage me to get one for sure.

#4580 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

That would have been pretty epic, I agree! Mod time... But it’s all good.

#4581 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

WHY couldn't the LE been the stained glass like on their website.

What an incredible backglass that would be. Would have to work on how best to light it up. I wonder how much it would cost to make a stain glass Pinball backglass. Probably about $400 is my guess.

#4582 5 years ago

Speaking of back glass.
Are Stern still lit by fluoro ?

#4583 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Speaking of back glass.
Are Stern still lit by fluoro ?

It's been over 3 years since STERN released a new game with fluorescent tube lighting. Ever since spike, the back box has been lit with LEDs on the main motherboard.

#4584 5 years ago

If anyone knows a distro who can do $5200 cash picked up in Allentown or within 5ish hours of Richmond, VA send me a PM.

#4585 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

If anyone knows a distro who can do $5200 cash picked up in Allentown or within 5ish hours of Richmond, VA send me a PM.

You might get one from route for that. Or maybe a "free play" special.

#4586 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

"Show special" after the show? Not much hope for NIB, especially with this demand.

#4587 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would love to see the Pro model be about as good as the Premium. That would encourage me to get one for sure.

At this point it's worth waiting until the LE gameplay reveal and Prem pics but my gut feeling tells me that the Pro is going to be the best looking and playing version of the 3. No lift ramps, ramp diverters, scoops or physical ball locks to slow the ball down and kill your flow yet it keeps all the flippers, spinners, RGB inserts and everything else that makes the game fun. And I like that the Orb target is recessed instead of sticking out. The cabinet art is going to be tough to beat for the Premium. I mean it's got "Killers" on the back box sides and "the Trooper" on the cab. I think it's hands down Stern's best Pro to date and they are going to sell a ton of them!

#4588 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

At this point it's worth waiting until the LE gameplay reveal and Prem pics but my gut feeling tells me that the Pro is going to be the best looking and playing version of the 3. No lift ramps, ramp diverters, scoops or physical ball locks to slow the ball down and kill your flow yet it keeps all the flippers, spinners, RGB inserts and everything else that makes the game fun. And I like that the Orb target is recessed instead of sticking out. The cabinet art is going to be tough to beat for the Premium. I mean it's got "Killers" on the back box sides and "the Trooper" on the cab. I think it's hands down Stern's best Pro to date and they are going to sell a ton of them!

Lol the premium/le will flow just fine (check archer out) and it will have some neat interaction with the ball with better lighting effects (like walking dead p ) that will just add that much more over the pro. Also the way u knock the balls out by hitting the newton ball will be a great feature imo. Theres more to a great pinball machine than constant flow flow flow.... different ball interaction and cool lightshows really can add so much more .

#4589 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I sure hope you are right. Generally the Premium is better but there definitely are some pros that end up being better than the Premiums. IMDN is definitely one of the strongest pros ever though, if not the strongest ever. I also avree that they are going to sell boatloads of them. Its going to be a hot item for quite awhile i believe.

#4590 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That’s what is so crazy. Stern’s plan has succeeded. We all think this Pro is “loaded”! LOL! It has spinners!!!! ZOMG!!! It has a captive ball!!! It has, count ‘em, FOUR flippers! It has a target!!! It even has traditional service rails!!!!! IT’S LOADED!!!

LOL, it’s not.

It is still awesome and easily Sterns best game since TWD, but let’s not kid ourselves on the “value” here. The pro has almost nothing in it.

#4591 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

That’s what is so crazy. Stern’s plan has succeeded. We all think this Pro is “loaded”! LOL! It has spinners!!!! ZOMG!!! It has a captive ball!!! It has, count ‘em, FOUR flippers! It has a target!!! It even has traditional service rails!!!!! IT’S LOADED!!!
LOL, it’s not.
It is still awesome and easily Sterns best game since TWD, but let’s not kid ourselves on the “value” here. The pro has almost nothing in it.

Good for what it is, but it's still a stripped down machine. Can't wait for the Premiums to show up to give the full Archer experience.

#4592 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

LOL, it’s not.

Yea its very very bare bones and its more money lol... stern is very good at tricking people into thinking its a amazing deal lol. I just sold my star trek pro and it had alot going on and was one the most loaded pros ive encountered. They were almost 2k less than the new maidien. Crazy how things are now....

#4593 5 years ago

how come it's always the same 4-5 guys that try to shit on Sterns hardworking efforts? If you can't see the level of detail that went into IMDN that's your fault, not sterns. There is so much going on with this game other than spinners, toys, gimmicks, etc... There is a lot of heart, soul, coding, and creativity put into this machine, an entire package that hasn't been done at stern in a LONG time; and if you cant see the value in an IMDN PRO in 2018 then that's just sad. The top 3 b/w pins forever have been 10k'ish (until remakes came along, and even then are pretty dam pricey); we should welcome in the new king on the block at nearly half the cost....and it doesn't even need a color dmd.

#4594 5 years ago

Not sure about much detail(have u seen the cheap plastic crap and all the ugly screws everywhere) but it has a nice art package and refreshing layout compared to most sterns. Thank goodness they hired keith and he had this layout and most things done or at least thought of allready. Stern needed to bring something different to the table which wldnt have happen otherwise imo . Im not saying its a bad pin by any means (plan on getting a premium) ...just that most think its the most amazing deal stern has had . However in all actuality theres really not much there. We just got so use to them stripping things away that 5700 for a pro with some playfield supports, spinners, a few rgb lights, 4 flippers and metal ramps looks like a deal.

#4595 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

how come it's always the same 4-5 guys that try to shit on Sterns hardworking efforts? If you can't see the level of detail that went into IMDN that's your fault, not sterns. There is so much going on with this game other than spinners, toys, gimmicks, etc... There is a lot of heart, soul, coding, and creativity put into this machine, an entire package that hasn't been done at stern in a LONG time; and if you cant see the value in an IMDN PRO in 2018 then that's just sad. The top 3 b/w pins forever have been 10k'ish (until remakes came along, and even then are pretty dam pricey); we should welcome in the new king on the block at nearly half the cost....and it doesn't even need a color dmd.

Look, there is a lot of heart and soul put into all pinball machines (I hope at least). I credit Stern for getting Elwin on board and re-theming his awesome pre-existing design and adding amazing ZY art. It’s a fantastic game. It’s right there with MET and TWD. It’s still $&@%ing crazy how little is physically on this game for the price. That’s not shitting on Stern or the game. It’s just a fact.

#4596 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not sure about much detail(have u seen the cheap plastic crap and all the ugly screws everywhere) but it has a nice art package and refreshing layout compared to most sterns. Thank goodness they hired keith and he had this layout and most things done or at least thought of allready. Stern needed to bring something different to the table which wldnt have happen otherwise imo . Im not saying its a bad pin by any means (plan on getting a premium) ...just that most think its the most amazing deal stern has had . However in all actuality theres really not much there. We just got so use to them stripping things away that 5700 for a pro with some playfield supports, spinners, a few rgb lights, 4 flippers and metal ramps looks like a deal.

^This guy gets it.

#4597 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

LOL, it’s not.

He probably didn't neccessarily mean "loaded" to the hilt, he probably just meant that this is a very solid pro model considering it has RBG insert lighting, LCD, 2 spinners.....yeah i know spinners dont cost jack shit but its still awesome that you dont have to step up to a Premium to get them, and you shouldn't have to either, it has service rails which are nice to have back, it comes nearly code complete, killer artwork by Zombie Yetti instead of lame ass printed pictures, and the game is just fun as hell period.

Compare this game to a couple of other games that are out right now or soon (1 year probably ) to be coming out that are 6k-7k and id say we should be pretty happy about Iron Maiden. I wont mention any names of games but if you think real hard im sure you can figure it out. Heck I'll even go a step further and say compare it to games that cost 8500 to 12k, and i still say Maiden kicks their ass, because it's that damn good! This is one of the best pins ever produced period! Yeah its alot of money and probably even too expensive but when you compare it to what else is out there it seems like a bargain to me.

Go put your money down and pay more money on a competitors game and wait a year or two for a game that cant touch Iron Maiden haha. ...yeah that's what i would do if i was you!!

#4598 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yeah but what do other games that are 6k and more have that this one doesn't? Also i wouldn't say that a game like this couldn't happen without Keith Elwin, (although i thank him mightily for it)....don't forget about John Borg and Steve Ritchie, two of the greatest pinball designers in the history of pinball. Dont think for a minute that they couldn't and havent or will never make a game this good.

#4599 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Nope, nothing yet. I’m wondering what the delay could be for as the LEs are sold out so Stern need not fear the premium causing LEs to sit. Also, I hear the premiums won’t be shipping till June...which is a bummer.

Bummer my distro told me four weeks until shipping last week, guess there was a delay

#4600 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I love physical ball locks in a game and I don't think that slows a game down. It's not like you are locking balls every 10 seconds for the whole game.

Rob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.